Tell me your Vitex success stories! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe this belongs in I'm pregnant, but hopefully it will get noticed here. Thinking of TTC when DS turns 1 (he is 9.5 mos) and AF is nowhere in sight. I'm thinking of starting Vitex at 1 year. We are older and it took a while to get DS, so I want to get started soon but don't want to wean.

If you used Vitex, did it help you ovulate? How soon after starting? Were you still breastfeeding and how old were your DCs?

If you used Vitex, did it help you conceive? How long after starting?

Thanks for any answers to my many questions in this post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2004, 03:04 PM

Hi, I'm still nursing my 32 mo ds and TTC. I just started talking vitex a couple weeks ago. I'm taking 225mg at .5% BTW. From everything I've read it takes a few months to start working so maybe you'd want to start taking it a few months before beginning TTC. I've been told that the liquid works faster but I haven't been able to find any good evidence of that. Vitex is sometimes used to increase milk supply for new moms, it sure seems to have increased my supply! So beware. This cycle is my first taking it and so far my bbt chart looks exactly like last months, so I am really beleiving in what they say, that it takes a few months to work.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 12-22-2004, 07:47 PM

N
Old 12-22-2004, 08:25 PM

:
Old 01-05-2005, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the links. I'm just getting back to this since my laptop crashed. I had read that Vitex in low doses can increase supply. Having taken everything under the sun to increase supply (I have insufficient glandular tissue), it will be interesting to see what it does. Whole Foods carries a "lactation blend" supplement that contains Vitex.

I keep having lots of EWCM but then nothing, no AF, etc.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:03 PM

I think the jury is still out on how Vitex effects milk production. However, pregnancy is likely to drastically reduce milk production, so if that's an issue then TTC isn't good idea.

I used Vitex successfully twice. I started ovulating within a few weeks of taking the recommended dose of the tincture 1 to 3 times a day. I was pregnant within 4 cycles both times. The first time I needed help with my cycles after coming off of the pill(never again!) and the second I was nursing my toddler.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
Old 01-14-2005, 05:36 PM

I do not know if it helped me ovulate or not but it great shortened my cycles..I went from 40+ days to 32-36..ovulation being around CD 20-23
Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 AM

My baby just turned 1 and I order it! LOL I was thinking the same, try vitex at 1.

User Tag List