The One Thread - Holiday Edition 12/19 - 1/1 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I join?
I'm gonna have to read that sticky about the abbreviations, but we decided this month to ttc, I am on day 14 of my cycle (is that cd 14?), and I am so excited!!! Last baby was a surprise, so I excited to plan a pregnancy

I am mentally preparing myself for this to take a while, but I just want to be pg NOW! I'm sure you can all relate :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Joey's mom - I vote CD 14.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#63 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea

(Warning - TMI) When we made ds, I didn't chart and we are not sure when he was made. My friend from college was in town, and there was one day when we had a quickie while friend was downstairs waiting to go out. It was quick and filthy and like the romance novels call "being taken" and it was hot and great, but not at all maternal or nice or gooey-lovey-dovey. Dh loves to joke that *that* was when ds was made. I think it is sort of funny too. Now that we chart, though, I have been thinking that it would be nice to have romantic sex when we conceive another.
: I know how that feels! With DD it was this really raunchy weekend trip to Canada, and I always kinda cringe at the thought that *that* was when she was made!
#64 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
Joey's mom - I vote CD 14.
Thanks Galtea, that's what I thought. But it's nice to have someone confirm it.

treehugger.gifMom of one angel1.gif(12/28/02) ,one babyboy.gif(12/2/03), one babygirl.gif(12/28/05) and 2 dog2.gif and 2 cat.gif

#65 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex80
...ready to REBOOT! :

At this point, I don't care that I'm not pregnant this month. I would just like to start my period and try again already.

This morning, BFN and no sign of spotting or anything. My back hurt like a muther last night and I was hoping maybe the onset of cramps, but alas, none so far.
Hugs Bex!!! Is your cycle normally that long before getting your aF? How irritating!!! I guess there will be a bunch of us trying to do the deed after the new year!! LOL
sarah
#66 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl43
:

I on the other hand am rebooting after what appears to be another annovulatory cycle. Guess I better start up the Vitex again. DH is starting to think something is wrong with me aside from the 9 years I spent on the pill. Never again.
wow, you were on the pill for 9 years? Do most people have trouble ovulating or getting pregnant after being on the pill? That worries me!!! I was on DEpo for a year or more after I had the twins, and been on BC pills on and off, here and there. Yuck. I hated those darn things. Good luck Citygirl!! (((hugs))
Sarah
#67 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 07:38 PM

My horoscope today: "Do your best to chime into the energy of the group by helping out a greater cause in whatever way you can."

So, in that spirit, I've been looking at charts!
Joey'smom, I agree with CD 14 also.

Justice2: I've been looking over your chart/previous posts. I have a whole thing graphed out on numerous post-it notes!

Regarding pregnancy test results/sensitivity, babyhopes.com has a chart on their site, here's the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-t...nsitivity.html
I thought you might find it interesting. I guess my point is that I wouldn't really worry if the lines are faint at this juncture! It's still really early.

I've come to the conclusion that urine home pregnancy tests are really great for the woman who one day suddenly thinks, "Gee, I haven't had my period in a while . . . when did I have it last?" and realizes that she's 5 or 6 days late. THAT woman is going to get a positive result on almost whatever test she uses, the first time! They're not so great for those of us who are trying, and testing early and often! That said, I'm cautiously optimistic for you!
#68 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 07:46 PM

I'm still waiting for the big O I've decided to NOT chart this month like i was going to. In fact, I'm going to not think about it. LOL I'm just going to have fun, and hope that it works out!
I'm going to try to respond like some of you ladies do!! One big reply to most. I was thinking, how do they do that? then it occured to me to write stuff down, so I can remember. LOL I'm such a nerd.

Reboots!!! ((((hugs))
Mavourinin, I'm having AF too, and its heavy, and uncomfortable, and I wish you a quick AF
Kidspiration HOpe you are feeling well. I saw your signature, and thought, wow, I want to hang out with her!! You sound like fun, and a baby needs to be in the middle of all that too.

Justice I'm sooo sorry this testing stuff is so frustrating. I would definately make the trip to the Dr. I had these same testing problems, and I ended up with a tubal. I know this time around, if I get these mixed signals, I'll be running to the Dr. asap.
I'll be thinking of you, and I want to keep coming back to see your stats!! Red oak mama Good luck, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Allgirls I say go for GIO with MIL there!!! It makes it exciting, cause you HAVVE TO be sneaky, and quiet!! OUr Twins were concieved in my friends bed, and we were quiet and sneaky, and had a lot of fun.

Heather
I bet you anything your cousin didn't want to say anything because you are family. I am in this boat. I will not tell family a darn thing until I know that I have a viable pregnancy, and I can hear a heart beat. I hate giving the news when something goes wrong. She may not want to tell you because she is worried about you being jealous of her, or being depressed because you don't have what she has. I know My SIL wanted me to tape her babys birth, and I had recently lost a pregnancy. She asked me if I would be okay with doing it, and my friend was also concerned about me, taking me shopping for baby things for her baby that was about to pop out. It still sucks though. ((hugs))

Amanda HHHHUUUUUGS))))) Keep on trying!!!

Welcome, welcome Sunmama!!! I'm very new here too!! I love this forum soooo very much!

Bellwweather
Sorry about your cycle. It VERY well could be the stress from finals, and your cold. I think my cold/possibly flu kept me from getting anywhere this month.

Galatea
I loved the darts dream!!!!! I am very in tune with my dreams, and their meanings. Its so much fun to wake up and analyze!!
so, you say you hit two darts???? Maybe you will have fraternal twins!!! hahahahahaha. Do you remember the colors of the balloons?

I don't think I'll be on for a few days, and I wish all you mamas waiting to know good luck!!! Have a good holiday for all those that do Christmas. All waiting to O, have a nice big fat drink with me over the Holidays!! I want a few glasses of some fine wine, and I want to giggle, and be glad that I am not making anymore Christmas gifts last minute. LOL
Sarah
#69 of 221 Old 12-22-2004, 11:06 PM

Looks like we might be lucky after all... Last night was my last final, and this morning I had a low temp and a high, soft, and open cervix. I'm still really confused, but happy! It's DH's birthday today, though, so it's a great resent for him -- lots of nookie and a wife who isn't tearful and upset.

Crossing my figners for a high temp tomorrow!

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#70 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 12:24 AM

cd 12 and I didn't O yet!

hubby is home...we gio last night and it was gooooooooooooood!!!! I had done without too long...nearly killed the poor guy...but he's a trouper and gonna give it another go round tonight or tomorrow morning!

Justice...your chart looks fine...hope you get a definite answer soon!
#71 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 01:02 AM

Justice, my pregnancy tests were very fait at first and took a long tinme to darken up. I really think we will be sending smiley parades to you real soon here

Sunnmama

: Belleweather, I think we are at the same exact spot. Hopefully we will both catch the eggie tonight

Thanks everyone for making me feel better. The reason she didnt tell me was because she got such a bad reaction from someone else she thought was going to be excited for her that she decided not to tell anyone else until she had too. She felt bad I found out the way I did and was relieved because I was excited for her and supportive when others havent been. Nobody but you all know about our TTC journey because I get so sick of the questions. So I understand where she was coming from a little. I was just surprised that she thought I would be anything but supportive, but she is very emotional and sensitive during pregnancy so I understand
#72 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahTorg
Hugs Bex!!! Is your cycle normally that long before getting your aF? How irritating!!! I guess there will be a bunch of us trying to do the deed after the new year!! LOL
sarah
Aww, thanks! This is only my second cycle after coming off of birth control pills. I tell you, those pills...never again. I think today was CD40.

Give me a break and 'flo', would ya?! :

I don't remember who said it, but I agree with whoever mentioned holiday stress and no ovulation. I think that the good Lord knows I may just snap if I start my period anytime while we have company in the house.

Sigh. You gals are troopers!

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#73 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 01:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
At least I think I did, I'm pretty sure I did. Yeah, I did. Please move me. Thanks

:
#74 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

sunnmama!

joey's mom - i agree - cd14.

justice - how are you doing??? i'm keeping my : for you. looked at your chart....looks good.

i can't figure out if i O'd or not. thought i might have based on this morning's temp but i had some EWCM tonight. who the heck knows...i can't figure it out. oh well, i guess i'll find out at some point.
#75 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 04:48 AM

Sunnmama,

Hi Elowyn, your situation reminds me of mine about 5-6 years ago--I was single and knew I wanted to be a mom. I actually got all the sperm bank paperwork but then decided against that route, then actually got licensed as a foster parent for babies, but never got a baby placed with me. (I did end up being a "special friend," sort of a big sister, to a 12 year old boy who had some special needs, and that was nice.) I can really relate to what you said about "route and timing" issues. I hope you get what you desire! I lucked out because I met my husband and he wants kids as much as I do, and I know he'll be a great dad. Now that you bring up the sperm bank I remember how much that costs, and I'll have to be nicer to DH!! :LOL

Kyle98sean02, I'm glad to hear that the situation with your cousin got resolved!

I'm also in the same spot of either having just ovulated or about to ovulate and not being exactly sure. I'm on CD 13, and have been getting some ewcm for about 6 days now. My temp dipped yesterday, and was slightly above the coverline today, but I'm still not sure. Usually I O around day 14/15, and the last few months I've been getting lots of pain on both sides around O. (Not pathological or terribly painful pain, but a lot of aching or rumblings or twinges that are enough to make me very aware that something is going on down there!) But now I'm not feeling much of anything. All shall be revealed in time though I suppose!
#76 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 05:49 AM

Hello All; just checking in! I'm 8 dpo and holding.

I'm reading and hoping for you all!!
#77 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 11:58 AM

My Chart

Yes, still here. STILL INCONCLUSIVE. I refuse to spend more money on more tests. I still have 2 tests left...one $ store test for tomorrow and one CBE digital for Saturday. If I still keep getting inconclusive tests I will make an appointment on Monday for a *gulp* blood test. Oh man, how I hate doctors...I hate needles even more though :

s to everyone who is rebooting.

Oh Elisabeth...oh Elisabeth...isn't today test day???? : for you sweetie...

Erica, it looks to me like you o'd on day 14 too. I hope that you caught that eggie!!!

Sunnmama

Sarah - it took over 4 years for my body to get back into shape after Depo. If you go an look at my previous charts...man, I was annovulatory for SUCH a long time. When I got preggo with my ds, I had to have an ultrasound to determine how far along I was because I had no clue. I hope that it doesn't effect you that way.

Kavita - Thanks for the research! Here are two other excellent articles on early pregnancy tests and HcG levels Fertility Plus and Advanced Fertility . I am trying not to let the inconclusive tests get me down....hey, I will know one way or the other by Tuesday, right!

If I missed anyone, I am sorry. For those of you that won't be checking in for a couple of days, I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!!!

Have a great day everyone, I will check back later.
#78 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 02:11 PM

Checking in to say hi and bye b/c we are way too busy - all my family is in from out of town... think my eggie is shy and hiding...

bye!

#79 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 02:35 PM

You are all so sweet Thank you for the welcomes!!!

Question for ttc mamas:
Normally, when I am ovulating, I am, well....frisky :LOL

But I am having all of those ovulating symptoms, and now that I am ttc--I'm not
I think I am just overwhelmed by the magnitude of the decision, and the pressure, and the hope, and the fear of failure. I am finally ttc, and I don't want to have sex (for fun) at all
Is this normal? This will pass, right?!
#80 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 03:56 PM

I am on cd-14 now and expect to O on Christmas.

A couple of you mentioned how you don't like how formal BDing is when you are trying to ttc. I hate how that happens. Just the fact that we are trying to get pregnant takes most of the fun out of it. I get too uptight about whether we are timing it right, wether we are really ready for a third child, wether I will be able to give my special needs (may be autistic) almost three year old son enough of attention, whether I may have another special needs child.....and on and on and on...... I have a tendancy to worry too much. lol

But I love my two kids so much and enjoy them so much that I really want another child. I guess I am just a little nervous about it, but I would definitely be ecstatic if we got pregnant right now.

Anyone else sure they want to get pregnant again, but nervous at the same time?
#81 of 221 Old 12-23-2004, 06:13 PM

cd 18... no idea if I O'd or not ... no symptoms whatsoever. BD'd two days ago and yesterday morning just in case. Still feeling like this just isn't our cycle.

musicmaj...I'm sure I want to get pregnant, and only get nervous when my three kids are driving me up a wall! :LOL BDing while TTC for us is wonderful. We just love making babies! This, however, is the first time we've told anyone we are ttc, so I feel a lot more pressure! Why, oh why, did I ever tell my friends?!?

Is anyone else a complete charting failure? I want so much to chart, but every time I do, I'm up all night for several nights with a sick/teething/nightmaring child or my insomnia kicks in and I don't get more than 1.5 hours of sleep for a week. UGH! Oh, and when I DO sleep, I forget to take my temp half the time. Oh well, maybe next cycle, if I can figure out what my 2.5 year old did with my thermometer.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#82 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 12:33 AM

mom2threenurslings-I have a hard time temping too. Ds sometimes wakes up a lot during the night, and since he doesn't nurse back to sleep anymore, it sometimes takes a while to get him back to sleep. I just try to do the best I can, and I've noticed that it doesn't actually affect my temps too much, even if I have only been asleep for 1.5 hrs.

musicmaj-I sometimes feel the same way about being nervous. Ds is 12 mos 3 wks, and sometimes I think that maybe it's too soon to try to have a second one, but then I think about how he'll almost be 2yrs by the time this one would come (if we're lucky) and then I'm not quite as nervous. And I really want another babe too.

sunnmama- WELCOME

Sarah & CityGirl-I too was on the pill for over 12 years, but in my case it didn't affect my cycles too much when I came off. I guess I was lucky, and I guess everyone is different.

Well, here I am waiting to know, waiting until it is appropriate to start testing. With ds I was able to get a line on CD 26, but I'm going to try to wait a little longer with this month. Wish me luck, it's so hard not to test!
I'm currently only CD18 so I'm going to have to wait at least another week. But maybe by New Year's Eve I'll know something. : I really hope we caught that egg!
Oh yeah, and thanks to everyone who looked at my chart. (I still can't figure out to get it into my sig as a link). I looked at it again today and since this morning I was still higher, I fudged the one day where my temp was off and FF seems to agree with me now.
Well, I need to try and get a good night's sleep tonight.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
And happy baby thoughts too!

treehugger.gifMom of one angel1.gif(12/28/02) ,one babyboy.gif(12/2/03), one babygirl.gif(12/28/05) and 2 dog2.gif and 2 cat.gif

#83 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter

joey's mom - to link your chart in your sig go to 'user cp' and edit your sig. then click on the globe looking thing which is underneath the size drop down menu. first it will ask you what you want it to say like...'my chart' or whatever. then hit ok and then it will ask you for the url to your chart which you can get off the fertility friend website (go to sharing, then to home page set up, then you'll see the url for you chart there) just copy and paste the url. hope this makes sense. just let me know if you need help.

i'm cd 22.....and now i'm thinking i might have O'd based on temps and no CM. hhmm.... i'd be thrilled b/c that would mean i'm not having a super long cycle again. but i'm afraid we might have missed the egg. if i did O then i think it happened sunday or monday and we only bd on friday night and again on tuesday night (dh worked sat, sun and monday night). oh well, we'll see.
#84 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 02:33 AM

Hi RedOak - thanks for taking me off the keeper list - I'm only sometimes here lately, as I'm still kicking around my options, so don't feel I'm really in the position to be a keeper just now. Thanks, though!

Kavita - how neat! I'm glad for you to have found your DH. I'd love one, certainly, but the clock's ticking, so we'll see if mine shows up before or after I become a mama. And yes, the sperm is $$ - though so is adoption (I'd be going internationally) so it's a tossup.

Best wishes all!

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#85 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 11:31 AM

Hello all. Without a doubt, that test was a bfn this morning. Also, my temp took a nose dive and I thought that it would go below my cl, but when I entered it in, FF changed my cl...go figure. I have no pms symptoms, at all. Well, I am having little nagging cramps, but usually I would be spotting right now. I am the spotting queen! But nothing. NOTHING. How common is it for a bfn at 14 dpo and then to go on and test bfp later? I am trying not to let my hopes get down...it's not easy.

I hope that eveyone has a great day.
#86 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 12:00 PM

squeakermansmom-Thanks for the help. You'll see below that your instructions were very clear. And I looked at your chart(s) and I think I agree with you about Oing on Sunday or Monday. Looks like that curve follows your usual pattern. And hey, sperm live anywhere from 2-3 days in a fertile environment (sometimes up to 5 days), so don't give up hope about catching that egg.

Elowyn-what a tough decision you have to make. My sincerest wishes that you find the best solution for you. Either decision would be a blessing.

Justice2- BIG What a crazy chart! And those stupid tests! I'm feeling for you mama! Hang in there, you'll know soon enough. (And I know how you hate doc's, but if it was me I don't think I could take it anymore and I'd go just b/c I need to know.) So I'd have to add that I'm impressed that you can still wait to know for sure. Here's a big for you too. And I hope it's stuck in the right place. (I know you are concerned...)

As usual, Baby dust and hugs to everyone!

#87 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 02:25 PM

Justice2 - Let us know what happens. KHA!

#88 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 06:07 PM

Merry Christmas!!
#89 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 09:17 PM

It's CD 15 and I don't know exactly what's going on. Thought I might have O'd because of two high temps above the coverline which Ovusoft established. We took a day off from GIO yesterday because we were tired and not feeling well, but then this am my temp dropped precipitiously. CM is sort of obscured between Preseed and, uh, Postseed so I am just going to assume I'm waiting to O until proven otherwise. We're off from work today and I was planning to sleep in a little so DH took my temp while basically asleep, so then we basically got alarmed that today might be the day and GIO half asleep!

I'm not feeling so well, so I won't stay on here forever and will defer personals until another time. Since xmas is not a holiday for us or our families we were planning on going for a nice lunch out tomorrow (the Hare Krishna restaurant near us has a nice vegetarian buffet lunch on Christmas) and do a lot of work around the house and maybe see some movies or something. Today I'm trying to get some things done, but also take it easy a little so the sore throat and stuffy nose doesn't turn into something more.

Merry Christmas, belated Happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, blessed solstice to all who are celebrating, and non-denominational seasonally appropriate greetings to everyone else!!
#90 of 221 Old 12-24-2004, 09:19 PM

Okay, ONE personal--Justice, hang in there!!! We're waiting with you . . . .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page