Sara (umbrella)
Tracy (mtnsunshinemama)
Megan (amarasmom)
mom_in_training
#2 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'll alphabetize the list later when ds isn't hanging on me.

justice - the picture is too fuzzy to see anything, but : - sounds promising!!!
#3 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 12:00 PM

Subscribing....I am going to buy another test today (probably 2 or 3 haha) and will let everyone know how it turns out!
#4 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Justice2 - The pic was too fuzzy, but if you saw a line and it wasn't a day-old evap line, A LINE IS A LINE IS A LINE! What DPO are you? I'm waiting on pins and needles!

Who kidnapped my EWCF?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#5 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 01:15 PM

Hi All! Justice2 - is that a $ store test? I agree with others about photo too fuzzy to tell. But after no lines on a bunch of $ store tests my positive came up as a is it a line? Then I used an answer test. I love the Answer tests! Can't wait to hear your results!

Hugs to all and

Hope it is ok I'm still hanging out around here.....not feeling real comfortable leaving though I am trying.
#6 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 01:45 PM

Hugs to you Sarah, And that's right go spend some money and spoil yourself and for God's sake have a margarita while you can!!!

Justice2, that's basically what my faint line looked like from the dollar store tests, and got a little darker with time! What is your dpo? I agree w' farmlife- I took 3 dollar store tests before we went out and got the ClearBlue digital. It is nice to have it loud and clear!

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#7 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 02:48 PM

Ok, I took an Answer and a CBE digital and they were both bfn. I am only 9 dpo and after about an hour, I went back to the cheapie test and it was darker and hubby actually saw the line then (now, I don't know if that had anything to do with evaporation or not, but the darker line is the same line that I could barely see this morning) so, I have two tests left (one of the Answer and one digital) and plan to take those no earlier than Thursday. Sooo, keep your :!!!!
#8 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 03:07 PM

Okay, so this morning my temp was .4 degrees below my normal post-ovulation temperatures for this cycle. I'm 9dpo. Could that be an implantation dip, or is that too little?

Justice~ Aghghghhghgh! If you're taking tests and seeing lines, and we're the same number of days post O, then hypothetically I could take a test and see something.... You're making it too tempting!!!!!! Good luck! :

Kinda neat...if I get my period (almost always at 15dpo), it'll be on Christmas. So either I'm pregnant on Christmas (cool gift, no?) or we start over.

s, Sarah, on the reboot.

Jodi~ thanks for doing the thread!

Off to a Christmas party with the inlaws....

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#9 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 04:10 PM

With my first pregnancy, I tested negative at 9 dpo, and at 11 dpo there was no line at the end of the five minutes you have to wait to read the test. About 10 minutes after I took the test there was a very faint positive line when I looked at it laying in the garbage can. I didn't think that you could get an evaporation line that quickly. It drove me nuts to think that I "might" be pregnant, but I might not. Two days later I took another test and it was BFP. I don't remember what brand I used.

I say test again in about 2 days. I bet you will see a postive test. From what I know, a false positive very rare.
#10 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#11 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 08:24 PM

waiting to O ... hoping it's sometime this week, as it would be wonderful to get pregnant around Christmas and find out on my anniversary!

Busy, busy, busy ... tons of work to do for work and on our house, gifts to be made, gifts to be wrapped, homeschool stuff, church stuff ... it never ends! Dh, a friend and I stayed up all night last night watching LOTR RotK extended version and coloring our hair (dh went black, I'm now a redhead, and friend is auburn brown). Lots of laughs, lots of tears (esp. at the end of RotK!), and a bit of Guiness. We had a great time and it was wonderful to de-stress before the holidays!

I'll check in as often as I can this week!

Sarah

Justice2 ... aaarrgh! How frustrating! KHA!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#12 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 08:48 PM

Hey everybody!!!

first off... to the reboots...I know how disappointing that can be

secondly...Justice...I have a really big, super de duper monitor...and that pic is very fuzzy but I swear I can see your line...faint, fuzzy but a line...!!! : : :

I have been off the boards because couple days ago MIL calls from Florida...panicked...packing it all up and coming back to Canada because she is passing blood...wants to come back to get checked out. Hubby convinces her to fly up alone to get checked because it may not be serious...so she got in last night...turns out it's just bright red blood that is only there when she wipes...we think she 's panicked but better safe than sorry...so she's at the hospital here right now...needless to say, suddenly things are in a whirlwind here...hopefully she can be checked and treated quickly in order to go back and spend christmas with FIL...if it's more serious he will come up and bring all the stuff up...

So I have had no time...I am getting ready to O in the next couple days...hubby will be home tomorrow night...I was too exhausted last night and fell asleep before we got a chance to GIO...

I may be off and on the boards for the next while...may get the chance to lurke but not much time to post prolly!

Cheers all!!
#13 of 221 Old 12-19-2004, 09:13 PM

Checking in. . still waiting to know. I hate this 2 ww. I'm cd 26. DH is marvelous. I confessed to him how difficult it is to NOT test every day. His response. "THe tests are cheap, why not do it?"

Him saying that has actually made it easier to not obsess. Go figure

Hoping that AF doesn't come this week. Hoping that I'm preggo. Hoping that we ALL get pregnant for Christmas, or New Years. . .let's start sending those no later than Valentine's Day preggie vibes!!!!

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#14 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 01:22 AM

I can be back on waiting to O.
The test was negative this morning. *sigh*

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#15 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 01:43 AM

Awwwwwwww, Megan. That stinks.

I'm feeling very headachey and nauseated, but this happened at the exact same point in last month's cycle, so it's not even exciting me with thoughts of pregnancy. I'm just in misery because I refuse to take pain killer on the off chance that this is the month. With my twins, I didn't know I was pregnant for 6wks and was taking Ibuprofen nonstop for my "mysterious" never-ending heachace. I've had a slight guilt trip ever since then (did my 6wks of taking stuff make their medical problems worse???), so there's no way I'm setting myself up for THAT again. PMS with no pain killer cushion. Ughghghghghghhgh......

I guess that's one of very few bonuses about having monster-long cycles. I only want to jump off a bridge (yelling "MAKE IT STOP!!!!") once every six+ weeks.

bemommy~ That's a nice thought. All of us pregnant before Valentines day.

allgirls~ Hope MIL is okay. It's great that she has you to count on and come home to. I'm sure it makes her feel more secure.

Adina!

Can a charting expert answer my question from before? Is a .4 degree dip at 9dpo enough to maybe be considered an implantation dip? What should I look for now? Triphasic stuff, or just for the temps to go back up to the post-ovulation level? Thanks!

#16 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 04:47 AM

Hi everyone!

About to lose power on the laptop and it's also bedtime, but wanted to jump in and say hello.

I'm on CD 10 and getting fertile cm so it's lights, camera, action!!
#17 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 10:12 AM

ROM - Yes a dip at 9 dpo could possibly be implantation dip!! :

Galatea - Did you find your EWCM?

Adina - Hi

Amanda - Sounds like you guys had lots of fun!!

Allgirls - I hope that your MIL is ok.

Megan - s. I am sorry hun.

Well, I got up and took an Answer test. I am only 10 dpo and it was a bfn. I should have waited until at least 12 dpo. BUT, this morning, my temp also dropped back down to the cover line. Not below, but dropped still. It's driving me nuts. There was a line on that test yesterday. I know there was...ugggggggggg. I want to go out and get some more $ store cheapies, but it snowed here last night and I hate driving around other people in the snow (cause they don't know how to drive, right!) Oh well, I stll have a CBE digital and I will take it on the 23rd or 24th. Oh and my boobs are sore, that certainly doesn't help with this obsessing thing.
#18 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 11:01 AM

cd10 and getting ready to O

bemommy...hope you get a bfp soon...sounds like your hubby is a sweetie..very understanding!

Amarasmom~ ,

ROM~yeah...I think my hubby would agree that every six weeks would be better...I have super short cycles so I am a madwomen every 3 weeks or so!

Kavita..looks like you and I will be waiting together..we are same cd and both getting ready to O!

Justice~I am sure there was a line..like I said I could see it on my monitor...I have a great monitor and it was fuzzy...are you testing again with the same tests? Maybe different sensitivity :

MIL is fine...she says that she had several tests and nothing showed...Dr says get colonoscopy when she gets back in States, not urgent and she could even wait until April when she's back in Canada...she can't get in right now because of the holidays and because Dr really doesn't think it's urgent. We told her go back to states and get it done and then be reassured...she has insurance for the states. Anyway the bleeding stopped. She was taking baby aspirin every day since October and has had nosebleeds a couple times...we are wondering if the other bleeding plus nosebleeds was a side effect from the aspirin...she has stopped taking them anyway...I told her if she felt she needed to take the aspirin why not just take a quarter of one pill. Don't need to take the whole thing. small amounts of aspirin make a difference to blood consistancy. She's stopping altogether for now...she's real nervous!

Anyway she decided she's staying for Christmas...FIL is going to some friends in Florida and won't be alone so she's going to stay and watch Sophia open her pressies Christmas morning!

When we met her at the airport Sophia knew her immediately and asked for POP!

Grandma is real happy her only granddaughter hugs, kisses and knows her! She only sees her twice a year...she's a great grandma but I have to train her not to say "no" to everything...geez, poor kid was eating her icecream yesterday and it was dripping and she kept wiping and wiping her face...I just let her get messy and enjoy!

Oh well, it's nice to have help just before Christmas!
#19 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
RedOakMomma - for an implantation dip, you want a 1-day dip of at least .2 or .3 degrees and then immediately back up, and preferably up to a higher, triphasic level. Search the galler for implantation dip and read their study on FF.

Amarasmom -

Hi Adina!

Justice2 - I still am KHA. Can't wait until Thursday or Friday.

Bemommy - my dh is a testing enabler, too. It's nice, huh?

Well, I *still* haven't found my EWCF. I stopped the Vitex in hopes of Oing earlier. Weird thing is, I am really in the mood, which is usually an O sign for me, but no fluid. Nothing. It will prolly all come when all the siblings and nieces and nephews are in town and we have no time to do it... :

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#20 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 12:47 PM

Just checking in really quickly, ds is about to wake up.

Don't have time for personals, but I wanted to tell Justice2 that I also looked at the picture where you didn't circle the line and I could see it. And everytime I've had a really faint line. I've been pregnant. Good luck! And by the way, if you really can't stand it anymore go have a blood test done. That's what I would do.

Anyway, things around here are calming down although ds got up 3 times last night. I think I O'd yesterday, but I'll have to wait 2 more days for my temps and FF to confirm it. And I was only able to sleep for 2 hrs at a time last night so who knows how accurate my temp was this am. Although my CM kind of leans toward yesterday.

Well, hugs to the reboots, fingers crossed to those waiting to confirm, and fairy dust to everyone trying and waiting the 2 weeks.

I'll check in again later.

treehugger.gifMom of one angel1.gif(12/28/02) ,one babyboy.gif(12/2/03), one babygirl.gif(12/28/05) and 2 dog2.gif and 2 cat.gif

#21 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 03:01 PM

Elisabeth drink lots of water and rest when you can (lol). Are you against homepathics? If not perhaps you can find out what is causing the headaches and treat it. Or a chiropractor always helps when I have a headache I can't get rid of.

#22 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 04:05 PM

Scratch what I said above
Its positive!

#23 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 04:35 PM

Megan~
Congratulations, Megan! Welcome, Baby!

That's great news! How many days post O are you? Did this morning's test give you a super-conclusive line? (aw, nevermind...a line is a line is a line!) Wooo-hoooooo!

Justice and Galatea~ Thanks for the implantation dip info. It dipped .4 yesterday, and today it's back up to 98.1 (tied for the highest temp I've had since ovulating). So no super-high temp today, but at least it's kinda high! I'm 10dpo, so since AF would be coming in five days, I'm not really expecting to see anything triphasic this late in the game. I'll just keep hoping and test on Friday.

Galatea~ I'm always losing my EWCM. Eventually I just gave it up and got Pre-Seed. Now my EWCM comes in a little tube! Yay!

Justice~ still : for you. Sorry the tests are being mean.

Kavita and allgirls (and anyone else getting ready to GIO)~ Have fun! I don't know if any of you are snowed in like us, but goodness knows there isn't much else to do!

Hey, anyone here have silly superstitious things they do during the 2ww? The first couple of cycles TTC, I would go online as soon as I knew I had ovulated and look up the potential due date if we got pregnant. I don't know why, but for some reason I started thinking that was bad luck, and now I don't look it up even though I'd LOVE to know when I'd be due. Craziness.

I also hold my breath every time I use glue or cleaning solution, but that's just being overprotective of hypothetical baby.
Congratulations again, Megan!

#24 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 05:24 PM

CONGRATULATIONS MEGAN! YIPPEE!

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#25 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarasmom
Its positive!

Wahooo!!!!!!!!!!!

: : : :

: : : :
#26 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 06:55 PM

Yes most definitely a line. Nearly as dark as the test line.

#27 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 07:01 PM

Congrats Megan!
#28 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarasmom
Its positive!

EEEEK!!! I clicked on the link, and I almost cried for you!!! I'm in such a baby mode, that seeing that makes my heart jump!!!! WOW, good luck!!!!!!
For all waiting to know good luck, and I hope you all recieve good baby news around Christmas time!! How fun!!!
I'll be trying early January. I'm too lazy to look to see what cycle day I am at now. I need to go get kiddos, but wanted to pop in, and ready everyones news!!! I'm excited to see some good news!!
hugs to all mamas that are starting over! I'm there too.
Sarah
#29 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 07:51 PM

Hi everyone!

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and I just wanted to come in and spread some baby dust for those of you that need it.

I hope there are a TON of BFPs for the holidays!

Blessings to you all,
Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#30 of 221 Old 12-20-2004, 09:22 PM

Congratulations Megan!! WheeHee

: : :

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page