preparing your body for pregnancy - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 02-18-2005, 01:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfulmomma
Starting in Jan. I went out and got my prenatal pills and .4 mg of follic acid. I have been taking them everday. I have been watching my sugar intake, and caffine intake, I really love my cup of tea in the morning and at night, but have to cut back.

tea is good for you!Much betetr than coffee,too!

is this an american thing, the caffeine focus?8 years back my doctor said up to 3 cups a day is ok, even during pregnancy...here I get a stare for my 2 cups
#32 of 33 Old 02-18-2005, 02:06 AM

Yes, to a large extent it's an American thing. However, caffeine can also reduce fertility for those who are "fertility challenged" and that is often one of the reasons TTCers give it up.

Green tea, however, has some benefits for good cm, so it's generally considered safe (or even good) for TTCing (and into pregnancy). It has less caffeine than regular tea.

I personally had to give up all caffeine a long time ago, for non-TTC reason (it causes my IBS to get worse) so this is all a moot point for me anyway.
#33 of 33 Old 02-18-2005, 06:35 PM

Though caffeine is supposed to be good for the men- increased motility, I've read...

When we started TTC, my husband and I made a commitment to exercise together, and started ordering from an organic produce delivery service- a great way to boost our fruit and veggie intake and commit to eating more organics. I started taking folic acid, cut out (most) alcohol. We also spent time talking about how a baby would fit into our lives, affect our relationship, etc, and also how TTC would affect our relationship (this became important, because we've been trying for over a year now).

Some of the physical stuff we've changed up over the past year- various vitamins, different exercise, yoga, massage, etc., but the communication about our relationship and having a baby together has been consistent, and so important. Only very occasionally has the process of TTC felt stressful- and I credit our communication for keeping it (mostly) still fun

I realise that the original question was about preparing your body for pregnancy, but I think that the mind preparation is just as important.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page