The One Thread Jan 2 - 8th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angie and Carolyn--BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

When you count dpo, are you counting days of the luteal phase, days past the peak day, or something else? I can't tell EXACTLY when I ovulated, but I'm on Day 3 of my luteal phase--so back when we were trying NOT to conceive, tonight would have been the night for a bubble bath and a bottle of wine, ha. Temp was a bit high today but I think it was because I slept late; it's definitely too early to be looking for anything triphasic. Last night I dreamed I got my period while visiting out of town and had forgotten to pack my pads and was soooooo upset because I had to buy disposables

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#122 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Kavita- OMG! What a rough few weeks you've had. I hope everything settles down for you soon.

Belleweather- I'm sorry that AF came, especially during dinner. At least, your housemates are being ok.

Juliacat- I just wanted to say that I love your website. I actually looked at it the other day, when you posted it in diapering, but didn't have time to write anything then. It's awesome! for all your hard work!

Justice- I hope you Oed this time. Good luck. :

for all the people I forgot. I'm sure there were plenty of you. Sorry.

As for me... I POAS this morning. I'm not sure why I did, because I think that even if by a miracle I Oed and implanted, it's still too early. Anyway, there was only one line, so negative. I'm really not upset, since we're not really expecting to get pg. But, what's up with the strange things going on down there for the past few weeks?? And, since my (very light, really just barely there light pink) spotting stopped on Thursday, I have had unquenchable thirst, which is usually my early pg symptom. So, I don't know what to think. I think it still may be to early to get a + HPT. Dh thinks I should just go to the dr tomorrow and get a blood test. He's really worried I'm going to get my hopes up and then spiral into a depression for weeks, if I'm not pg. Actually, now that I think about it, I'll have to go either tomorrow or Tuesday. On Wednesday, I'm scheduled to start a SCUBA class that my dh bought me for a bday/xmas present. I asked for knitting stuff and new shoes and I get a scuba class!!??? Anyway, can't do scuba if pg. The agony!!!

Where is Carolyn???? Is she on the west coast, or does she just sleep late everyday?
#123 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 03:55 PM

well ladies...I don't think this little poppyseed is a sticky...I am really sad..the lines are getting fainter and fainter and this morning...bfn...

I am so very sad..overwhelmed by sadness...

I am waiting for af and meantime will be staying away for a bit to heal...

Thank you for all your support

Carolyn
#124 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Carolyn I am sorry.
#125 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 05:33 PM

Oh Carolyn...I am so sorry! I know we all got our hopes up for you. And right now I'm sure that isn't helping. Can you go to the doctor tomorrow to make sure? In the meantime, we'll miss you while you go regroup.

Oh cr@p ds just got up so I have to go get him. I'll write more later.

Hugs all around.

treehugger.gifMom of one angel1.gif(12/28/02) ,one babyboy.gif(12/2/03), one babygirl.gif(12/28/05) and 2 dog2.gif and 2 cat.gif

#126 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 06:14 PM

I'm so sorry, Carolyn. I hope you feel better soon.

#127 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Oh, Carolyn - I don't know what to say but I am very very sorry.

Well, the $1 HPTs finally came through this morning - a faint !!! Dh didn't trust it so we got 3 FRERs and I did one this afternoon when we got home, and another BFP! We are getting excited, though I know it is a bad idea so early in the game. Send me all your vibes, mamas!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#128 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 07:11 PM

Sending lots of good vibes your way, Galatea!

#129 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=musicmaj]I am 12 dpo. I took the clearblue digital last night after not drinking anything for about two hours. I was nervous that it would not detect enough hcg because it is so early. It turned "pregnant" in a minute. Not even the full 3 minutes. I was surprised since the $1 store tests two days ago were so very faint. My $1 store tests were fainter in the morning than at night. I seriously did not trust the faint tests, but I could have. lol[/QUOTE

OOOH, I've been gone off of mdc for a while, and I come back to all these bfp!!!!
Sorry to all the mamas that got AF, or are having issues with even ovulating. I am soooo sorry mamas. (((hugs))))
Sarah
#130 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
well ladies...I don't think this little poppyseed is a sticky...I am really sad..the lines are getting fainter and fainter and this morning...bfn...

I am so very sad..overwhelmed by sadness...

I am waiting for af and meantime will be staying away for a bit to heal...

Thank you for all your support

Carolyn
OH crap Carolyn!!! (((Hugs)))) I'm soo very sorry. Taking a break from the board is a must right now. I can't even imagine right now..
Sarah
#131 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 PM

Carolyn~ I think this is the one real weakness of a virtual support board. There's no virtual hug that can really help the disappointment you must be feeling. I wish we could all send you a long, warm, fuzzy-sweater, heart-felt, tissues-in-our-pocket REAL HUG. You deserve so much love and support. I'm so, so sorry you and your husband are going through this.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#132 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 PM

Carolyn, I'm so sorry.
I wish I could come through your monitor and give you a big
I just don't know what to say. I can't imagine the letdown, disappoinment. Just know that I am in Tennesse, thinking of you.

On that note, I am also gonna step away from the board until I get my period. There is such magnificent support and warmth here. I am just on pins and needles, though, and need to quit stressing about ttc so maybe will visit. I am definitely, 100% NOT PREGNANT, so I just need to start my period, you know? It's been almost 60 days! I'll see you guys when AF gets here. Thank you for all of your warm wishes and love.

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#133 of 220 Old 01-09-2005, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
Carolyn~ I think this is the one real weakness of a virtual support board. There's no virtual hug that can really help the disappointment you must be feeling. I wish we could all send you a long, warm, fuzzy-sweater, heart-felt, tissues-in-our-pocket REAL HUG. You deserve so much love and support. I'm so, so sorry you and your husband are going through this.

ITA

Carolyn- I'm so sorry. I know nothing I can write will make you feel better, but hopefully knowing that all of us are sending you supportive thoughts and prayers will speed your healing.

Bex- Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! I know, that seems weird to wish AF upon you. But, if you're sure you're not pg, I hope you get to start over on the baby-making soon.

Galatea- Yeah! vibes are coming your way!

to everyone else.
#134 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita

If I were you I wouldn't worry so much about the darkness of the line. The color of the line doesn't really tell you anything--it's either a line or no line! And you have a line!! So YAY!!!!!
i have to disagree. as someone that has had possibly 3 chemical pregnancies in the past 5 months, i have found that at least for me, the darkness of the line does make a difference. all 3 times, i have had faintly positive tests that get darker and then become lighter - all over the course of just a few days. i even managed to get a 'positive' on a digital test on the first month - just to be followed by AF 2 days later. it's a classic chemical pregnancy. of course, this is assuming you are using the same brand of test each time you test.

carolyn - i am so so sorry. i wish i had words to ease your pain right now. we're here for you when you need us.
#135 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 12:16 AM

sooo many biiiiig to Carolyn and Bex and all those that have gotten AF and BFNs this week... Do what it takes to heal and remember, like Scarlett O'Hara said "tommorow is another day!"

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#136 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 02:10 AM

Oh Carolyn, I'm really sorry.
There's nothing good to say at a time like this. I'm sad for you. We were all excited for your BFP, and sorry that the little bean isn't a sticky one. Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it.
#137 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 02:23 AM

Squeakermansmom, I guess what I mean is that you can't really diagnose changes in HCG levels accurately with a peestick, because there are too many other variables (urine dilutions, amount of dye in the tests, etc.) If I were in doubt about whether I were pregnant or not or concerned about whether my HCG levels were increasing or decreasing I'd get a blood test and not absolutely rely on the urine test sticks for that.

The downside to being able to test early is that we know when we've conceived and they don't stick, which unfortunately happens statistically frequently . . . our mothers would have just been a couple of days late and not known they were even pregnant.
#138 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Carolyn,

#139 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 10:27 AM

Haven't been posting for a few days. Very busy with a sick toddler. The good news is she appears to be on the mend.

Carolyn, I am so sorry.

To all BFP's Congrats!!!!

I am really just putting in time waiting to O.
#140 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 10:38 AM

well I thought I would lurke to see how Galatea was coming along and wow!!! Congratulations...now I feel happier!!!

I am feeling a little better now that I am past the initial disappointment. I am not charting this month I have decided and I stopped temping on this chart...like hubby said...it's not like we can really plan anything with him gone...if I happen to O while he's away too bad and if he's home we will get busy!

He's disappointed but pretty cool about the whole thing...really worried about me because he doesn't understand the whole process.

But the main reason I felt inclined to post this morning is because of the overwhelming support you guys have given me....wow...what an amazing bunch of ladies you all are...those babies that you all are soon going to have are very very lucky babies!

squeakermansmom...when you had your chemical pregnancies..how long did you have to wait for af to start...I think this is the hardest part...I just want to get on with it and she seems to be no where in sight although I have a bit of familiar cramping this morning so maybe it will start today. I feel in limbo a bit.

So I am trying to think positive...I have eggs and they can be fertilised...now we just have to time it right again! Any ideas what I can do to encourage successful implantation next time?

Thanks ladies

Carolyn
#141 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 11:13 AM

Carolyn- I just want to give you another to speed your recovery. I'm glad to see you're still lurking around.
#142 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 12:12 PM

Just checking in for the day.

Carolyn - Glad to hear you are over the initial disappointment. But here's another because you can never get to many of those. And I'm glad you are still lurking.

Galatea - CONGRATS! : : :
Hope all goes well.

Everyone else...I hope we all have a good week! Here's to getting pregnant!

Check in again tonight.

treehugger.gifMom of one angel1.gif(12/28/02) ,one babyboy.gif(12/2/03), one babygirl.gif(12/28/05) and 2 dog2.gif and 2 cat.gif

#143 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Galatea~

Congratulations!

#144 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 04:17 PM

Carolyn~ I don't know of anything that helps implantation, but I'm sure somebody on this site would. Maybe try a general post in Fertility, TTC, or Pregnancy after Loss? I'm glad you're lurking, and even more glad that you're feeling a little bit better. s

Bex~ bummer that your bod's being so bizarre this month. Is there such a thing as AF dust? If there is, I'm sending it your way!

Hollysmom~ glad your sweetie is recovering...poor kiddo.

Everyone~ Anyone here try the saliva ovulation test they sell at Target? It's a reusable test that's on sale this week for $14...it's just a little miniscope (the size of a monocular) that you spit on, wait for it to dry, and then look at through the eyepiece. You can wash it off and use it every day! Sure beats the price of OPKs, too.....Anyone here try it? Is it worth it? Reliable?

No news here. I'm trying EPO this month (1300 mg gelcap) and hoping it helps me produce more EWCM. We're also going to try abstaining for a week before I ovulate. That's a ways off, though, so one more week of unlimited romping!

This is our fifth cycle trying, though I know we've messed it up at least a couple times. Ugh. If it doesn't happen in the next couple cycles I'm going to start getting worried....anyone else in this spot? How are you dealing with it?

#145 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 05:33 PM

hi ladies

just checking in...

came today...kind of relieved...a bit of closure...will lurke around but won't post much...

though...
#146 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 05:38 PM

[QUOTE= Anyone here try the saliva ovulation test they sell at Target? It's a reusable test that's on sale this week for $14...it's just a little miniscope (the size of a monocular) that you spit on, wait for it to dry, and then look at through the eyepiece. You can wash it off and use it every day! Sure beats the price of OPKs, too.....Anyone here try it? Is it worth it? Reliable?
[/QUOTE]

I haven't used this, but I also bought one because it was on sale--I was all excited and opened it in the Starbucks in the Target store to look at it, and ended up taking it right back and returning it. The reasons: 1, the slide to put the saliva on was teeny tiny, recessed, and built into the thing. I mean, I think you'd just be able to jam a q-tip into it to clean it. 2, the place you look into wasn't very big, and 3, the light was weird and green and had to be held down to look into it, and even with maximum holding-down it flickered. (although that was likely just that particular one.) Given the configuration of the thing (and my own eyes) I didn't think I'd be able to see into it very well. I mostly bought the thing because I tend to like gadgets and I thought it might be a fun toy but when I took it out of the box it didn't look very fun.

Besides, it occurred to me that saliva ferning patterns are just one more piece of subjective information to go crazy over interpreting: "is this eggwhite cm? is my temp up because I didn't sleep well or did I ovulate? is my cervix high or medium? is that a line or not a line?" etc.!!

That said, if I decide later on that I want to monitor that, I will either get a nicer fertility lens thingy online somewhere, OR just buy a decent small/toy microscope and some glass slides--the fertility lens thingys are only about a 50x magnification anyway, and I figure that a cheap microscope from Toys R Us or somewhere will have at least that magnification power, and then my future kids can use it to look at cheek cells and bugs and stuff!!
#147 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 05:47 PM

Well, my little Emerson woke up at 3am vomiting and proceeded to do it all morning. He seems to be over the worst of it. I think just a little stomach bug, no fever or anything else. But, I had to take him to the doctor anyway, so while I was there I had them draw blood for an hcg. Since my only early pg symptom is always excessive thirst and I'm PCO, he was a little worried that maybe I'm not pg, but instead have developed diabetes. Please, send me vibes that's not it. They ran a quick blood sugar in the office and it was well within norms, so I'm hoping I really am pg : They're running a whole metabolic panel though to totally rule out the diabetes. We should have some answers tomorrow sometime, hopefully early.

and all around!
#148 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 05:58 PM

Carolyn--just posted and saw that you're online and posted while I was typing away there! I'm glad that you're feeling relieved and that you are at least "getting on with it" in the AF department and getting closure for this cycle--if AF is coming anyway, sooner is better so you can get it over with. I'm sorry again, though, and big hugs to you.

I don't know of anything that will assist with implantation. If you haven't had repeated losses, it seems to me that a very early loss like this is actually one of those normal and basically inevitable things that just happens--I remember reading that maybe 60% of conceptions don't implant or are very early losses. Which doesn't make it any easier unfortunately . . . . If we didn't have such sensitive pregnancy tests, we wouldn't even know about them and wouldn't worry . . . Maybe someone else will have some better ideas or information though.

#149 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
This is our fifth cycle trying, though I know we've messed it up at least a couple times. Ugh. If it doesn't happen in the next couple cycles I'm going to start getting worried....anyone else in this spot? How are you dealing with it?
This is our seventh cycle trying, and I know we've messed it up at least a couple of times. I'm already worried, and I'm dealing with it by thinking about other things (like diapers) instead. Also by trying to convince myself that I *like* being childless.

#150 of 220 Old 01-10-2005, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Kavita - I hope your tests come back okay and you don't have diabetes.

Carolyn - I am so sorry this happened, but at least you get to start over.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page