40+ and TTC right over here!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 433 Old 07-02-2005, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do not see the RE for a MONTH & then we must drive 2 hrs - blech

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#302 of 433 Old 07-04-2005, 01:42 AM

Hi, I am new here, 49 and still ttc...i have been married for 3 years to a wonderful man, and have 3 children by my former husband(21 y.married). I have had 3 mc since we got married, and am now wondering if my blood clotting factor(Leyden V) has anything to do with it..I also had 3 mc with my former husband. Those babies would be 14 and 12 now....Does anyone know? I still have no signs of menopause, so there is still hope. I am 2 dpo right now, but I am recovering from a broken ankle, so not this month! . I am usually on the UC board, Midwives, Doulas and CBE, and Homebirth boards. Nice to read your stories, and hope to learn more!
#303 of 433 Old 07-04-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful130
Hi Ladies: Yes GM, thanks for asking. I'm doing well. I am nine weeks now. I have had bloodwork done and am going back to the doc's on Thursday but unfortunately can't get an ultrasound until I am 12 weeks. It seems a little ridiculous to me that they are booking so far in advance. If I would have known that, I'd have booked earlier.
I don't feel sick like you. There's a certain queasiness and alot of exhaustion. I have a really sore back and seem to be showing already. I hope these are all good signs. I don't remember ever having morning sickness with my other two. Just felt pretty much the same as I do now. I look at getting through the first 8 weeks as a milestone. My chances go up with every week. Oh yeah - my bbs are very sore and huge so that's also a good sign. LOL.
Velveteen - hope you caught that good egg that I know you have.
Hopeful how was your bloodwork? I am so happy all seems to be well :-)

Catherine
#304 of 433 Old 07-04-2005, 10:31 PM

Hi all-
Long time no post. Taking a break but trying to stop in once and a while. Congrats to those who have got pg!

cathicog-
I was tested for leyden V after my son was born at 24 weeks due to placental abruption. It is my understanding that it can lead to early miscarriages and abruptions but there is help for it and many have successful pregnancies. Talk with your doctor about it since you are positive. I want to say heparin helps it but it has been awhile since I researched it. Best of luck!

For those who remember I was doing acu....I loved it and it helped to eliminate my O pain. LP still short and we have not yet night weaned, until we do that...we are just enjoying our DD and the summer.

Happy Independence Day!
#305 of 433 Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 AM

Well, I guess I will be moving onto the birth month threads - the ultrasound this afternoon was good. Heartrate 160 bpm, size was good for gestational age. I will be 9 weeks on Friday. Due date 2/10/06.

I will check back in periodically - thank you all so much for your advice and support and best of luck to each of you in TTC quest.
#306 of 433 Old 07-07-2005, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Greenmansions, best of luck to you and baby!

Welcome Cathicog! Glad that you are here.

CD 2 for me. I feel destined to be stuck in TTC land forevermore.
#307 of 433 Old 07-07-2005, 08:38 AM

Best wishes, GM!

Welcome Cathi--sorry, I've no info on the clotting issue. Hope someone else can help.

Polka, sorry you have to wait so long. I hope they can speed things along, (as in, condense tests, etc.) knowing that you're traveling so far!

I'm feeling...blue. Got home from vacation to get my period, so I was thinking it was a combo of those things that was bringing me down. Tried to look forward to some parties that we have coming up when I realized that it was at one of these parties last year (a birthday) that I *knew* I was pregnant. I didn't think this anniversary would bother me, but it is.

I think I'm going to have to talk to you all elsewhere on mdc. I'm feeling done with all this. I've started having some pre-menopause signs and it's just too hard to do this every month.

I hope you all get bfp very soon.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#308 of 433 Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Good luck GM! It's nice to see someone come onto this thread and leave in a reasonable amount of time . It gives the rest of us hope.
Hi Cathi - we hope you leave us as quickly as Greenmansions did!

Geeze I say that like I expect to be here forever. Joan, I know just how you feel. I have also started having some peri-M symptoms: unpredictable and crazy periods, insomnia, overheating.. and I've left this thread for months at a time because it just seems too much pain and effort. On top of it all I seem to have lost my libido since having my last two and it's getting worse. Far as I know there are no more immaculate conceptions available! So many things conspire. But a flicker remains. So I come back. Well someone has to keep Velveteen company ! until her time comes. I wish you peace with whatever decisions you make.

#309 of 433 Old 07-09-2005, 10:01 AM

I am 49, and still trying!
#310 of 433 Old 07-09-2005, 08:32 PM

I'm so hoping to get PG b/f we start all the infertility stuff...
<sigh>
I'm really not looking forward to some of this stuff...

Joan... ((((((hugs)))))))

Welcome Newbies !!

Boy, we need a few graduates from here!!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#311 of 433 Old 07-10-2005, 10:05 PM

Hi. Im new here and not sure how to enter a thread- Im trying to go to the ttc over 40 thread. I have been clicking on "new thread" and it seems to go to the main ttc board- oh, well, I'll keep trying Im am 46 and ttc. 3 of my 5 babies were born in my 40s. I have had 3 cycles since af returned after the birth of my last baby. Everything seems normal, but Im not conceiving. I chart cm (I have been charting for almost 12 yrs) and I use opks. Temps dont seem to work for me because I am always moving around at night- dd nursing etc. I am eating well and exercising- anybody with any particular health advice? I had a couple of m/c before I conceived my last baby and I drank alot of green tea and ate mostly macrobiotic and concieved. Anybody with any words of wisdom?
#312 of 433 Old 07-11-2005, 10:42 AM

Welcome Caren :

#313 of 433 Old 07-11-2005, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathicog
Hi, I am new here, 49 and still ttc...i have been married for 3 years to a wonderful man, and have 3 children by my former husband(21 y.married). I have had 3 mc since we got married, and am now wondering if my blood clotting factor(Leyden V) has anything to do with it..I also had 3 mc with my former husband. Those babies would be 14 and 12 now....Does anyone know? I still have no signs of menopause, so there is still hope. I am 2 dpo right now, but I am recovering from a broken ankle, so not this month! . I am usually on the UC board, Midwives, Doulas and CBE, and Homebirth boards. Nice to read your stories, and hope to learn more!
I have Favtorv Leiden and it does make the risk of miscarriage much greater unless you are on anti-coagulation medicine. I had a stroke in 1994 after our first child and was diagnosed with Factor v Leiden then/
#314 of 433 Old 07-11-2005, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Caren!

Joan; I so hear you. I wish you would hang around though.
#315 of 433 Old 07-11-2005, 03:37 PM

Hi--back from an absence. That is great news, GreenMansions, I'm really hoping the best for you.

I'm sorry to not respond to more posters but I have to post quickly as i'm very busy. I have a quick question for those of you who have had the Day 3 test for FSH and estradiol levels. How long did it take after you had the test to get the results? I went in on cd 3 to have blood taken for this test. My doctor had said on day 3, whenever it should be, just go in and tell the nurses which test it is and they'll take your blood for it. So I go in get my blood taken for Day 3 test. Now that was thursday June 30th. I called twice and was told 'someone would call me when the results come in and set up another appointment with my doctor' because that's the only way I can get the results of the test, my doctor has to discuss it with me. It's now almost two weeks later.

I made an appointment with an RE because I'm so frustrated. Why would this test take so long?
#316 of 433 Old 07-11-2005, 11:36 PM

Wow!! That is so awesome!! I hope to be as fertile as you!(I am 49 still TTC)
#317 of 433 Old 07-12-2005, 12:06 AM

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. So far so good.

jempd I had those same test results in under a week, so can't imagine why yours would not be available after two weeks...
#318 of 433 Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 AM

Thanks for all of the welcomes. Congradulations Greenmansions! That is really amazing news! Im sending sticky vibes your way! I went back and read that it was a cycle when you werent really ttc- you were more relaxed. I read that alot and my last baby was conceived the same way. It was the only cycle that I stopped charting and had to go back on my calendar to remember when I thought I ovulated. I was relaxed. So.......Im TRYING to be relaxed now. But ttc is on my mind and Im not so relaxed! I imagine, well, if its meant to be, it will be. Maybe im just waiting for a good egg. But I do think that being relaxed and not focusing on ttc does have some helpful effect. ANybody with any thoughts on relaxing to conceive?
#319 of 433 Old 07-12-2005, 03:26 AM

Hi Cathi- I have a neighbor who conceived at 49............
#320 of 433 Old 07-12-2005, 04:39 PM

Welcome, Cathicog and Caren. I don't have any info for Caren either, unfortunately but it does seem like a likely thing to pursue.

I finally got the results after much phonecalling (unbelievably, a nurse on the phone said "big deal" when I told her I'd been waiting this long. I still can almost not believe it. I just told my husband, I'm going to an RE on MOnday and after that, I don't care what happens, I am so not ever setting foot in that office again. "Big deal"...who in what medical practice office would ever say that about anything to any patient????!!! I'm more amazed than mad. Anyway, my doctor e-mailed me the results. Probably didn't want to talk to me. I don't blame him. Here they are: FSH 1.9, Estradiol 392. I have been trying to find out exactly what this means but I guess I will when I meet with the RE next week. I am praying the news is not terrible.
#321 of 433 Old 07-16-2005, 03:23 AM

For those ladies on hear who know me, I just wanted to say that I lost my baby today.
I was almost 11 weeks. The baby had no heartbeat and apparently died last week or so. I still felt pregnant and even felt like I was getting bigger.
I am devastated as you can imagine. Can't even believe I have to try this again and don't even know if I can.
#322 of 433 Old 07-16-2005, 08:35 AM

Oh, hopeful, I am so terribly sorry. I am thinking of you and your family.

's and healing vibes to you.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#323 of 433 Old 07-16-2005, 09:57 AM

Quote:
For those ladies on hear who know me, I just wanted to say that I lost my baby today.
I was almost 11 weeks. The baby had no heartbeat and apparently died last week or so. I still felt pregnant and even felt like I was getting bigger.
I am devastated as you can imagine. Can't even believe I have to try this again and don't even know if I can.
I am so sad for you :-( I 've been checking this board for your updates, how devestating, I am so very very sorry and just plain sad, gentle hugs to you

Catherine
#324 of 433 Old 07-16-2005, 01:14 PM

sad,sad

So sorry.

HUgs to you and yours.
#325 of 433 Old 07-17-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my goodness Hopeful! I am so very very sorry.
There are no words, but my heart is with you in the loss of your little one.
#326 of 433 Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 AM

Hopeful, oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
#327 of 433 Old 07-18-2005, 09:32 PM

Quote:
oh, sweetie - I'm so sorry...I wish I was there to give you ((((( big hugs))))

#328 of 433 Old 07-20-2005, 11:52 AM

It must be so hard. I'm really sorry to hear this.
#329 of 433 Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM

How are you doing, hopeful? 's

How is everyone else today?

I am CD 32. Last week I felt crampy for a couple of days, then not. Now I am a little 'full' feeling, but not really crampy.

I am afraid to test because I don't want to see a negative and then get my period 5 minutes later. I am thinking I will test in the morning if nothing happens today :

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#330 of 433 Old 07-21-2005, 06:02 AM

: :
this is getting a little old

KHA for those in the wait...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page