40+ and TTC right over here!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 433 Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Velvet - that's exactly right.
I'm thinking of doing it next cycle too.
Sorry can't write - have to work,,,,blahhhh
#422 of 433 Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 AM

I'm new to all this, what's Femara?

I've started using some herbs, but I'm considering accupuncture and/or an herbalist. Do any of you highly reccomend talking to someone before just trying to self supplement?
#423 of 433 Old 08-31-2005, 02:46 PM

Thanks, Velveteen. Cheesedreams, I have pm'd you if you haven't noticed. I too am considering acupuncture, am trying to give up coffee, and am already taking black cohosh and am researching other herbs. Oh and I'm researching the chocolate/fertility link too of course.
#424 of 433 Old 08-31-2005, 04:18 PM

Hi Cheesedreams & Jempd! Welcome to you both.

I am cycle day 9 with OPKs looking darker, as in maybe a surge within 2 days.
What is the best timing? TTC the first day of surge even if OPK lines are the same color (not darker) or TTC the day the test line is darker? OR TTC first day and then skip a day and TTC again the day after the darkest test line? With 4 kids timing is sometimes difficult but I'm wondering if I could be using the OPK's better. Right now we always make sure to TTC as soon as we see a positive.

Does anyone think we could make this thread a monthly so there would be less pages? Obviously, it's not a huge problem as is but I just had the thought.

Well still no link that I have found between chocolate and increased fertility but I did read a recent study that showed a good decrease in blood pressure following 2 weeks consumption of dark chocolate.I usually demand a well controlled study and lot's of details before I believe in these things but am taking this one on faith (lol). Actually I have been MEANING to Google it to check out it's validity but in between the kids, household stuff and running to the store to buy fine dark chocolate I just haven't found the time! I figure after running my own "independant study" I will then check things out more fully!

take care,
Mamaov4
#425 of 433 Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 PM

Hi there! I'm usually on the 30+ TTC site, but saw the chocolate discussion here. Just recently I read a report on a study involving chocolate and pregnancy - the study showed that babies born to women who consumed a few ounces of chocolate a day were happier, more contented babies than those born to mothers who had not had chocolate.

Food for thought!
#426 of 433 Old 09-01-2005, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

I like the chocolate discussion! No problem on that line, I like dark chocolate best anyway
Mamaov4, I would definately bd the moment I saw a dark line. Have you read Take Charge of Your Fertility? Its by Toni Weschler and is a must read. you'll find a good discussion in there on your question. Do you chart or look for ewcm?
I have been using a fertility monitor that is really easy to use, I like it better than charting. It was expensive, but I'm glad I bought it, it takes the guess work out of when I am about to O.

How about if I start another 40 and ttc thread? I am not really computer literate, or I'd post a link, unless Polka wants to do that.
Look for the new thread!!
#427 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 AM

Hi Ladies.
Jempd- thanks for the info on the insurance. Its lucky for you that your insurance covers even that part of it. I dont imagine mine would cover anything. Im interested to hear what happens with the next FSH level. Then I guess its a decision you will have to make. I have a gyn appt for tues and Im hoping to see what is going on hormonally with me.

Momov4- I also have always used opk. We have bd'd before the darker line and then when it it appears darker we do it more often. We have also gone the route of waiting until a day after the surge. In the past (which seems to have little bearing on what is going on now!), when we bd the day it turns pos (and those few days following) I get preg.

I also am coming to believe that possibly 46 is not as young as I would like it to be. I have really been fortunate to have had my children in my late 30s and as late as mid-40s, but I want to be prepared for the possibility that it might not happen. I know some of you here are dealing with primary or seconday fertility issues and its a pain that I cant even imagine. My heart and prayers go out to you. I know the longing for a baby is so intense and heartbreaking. Im sure we will keep trying, but I cant see myself putting so much effort into it and always feeling disappointed or jealous of younger women with younger eggs. I like who I have become, I like my age and I like taking good care of myself. Its a matter of appreciating the blessings I have and the family I have been given.
Ok- now, that said, Im very well aware that Im at cd 12 and will o in about 6 days (of course, when I have family visiting from Calif staying with me..........). It would be so much nicer to be able to bd without having to concentrate on the b. But, Im not quite there yet............
#428 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 12:56 AM

Oh Caren, you are speaking things I have only been able to think about
#429 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

We have a new September thread for TTC, so come on over! I'm sorry to be so computer illiterate that I can't post a link, but please come and join us there!
#430 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 11:41 AM

How do I find the sept thread? I was looking around but couldnt find it. Is it under TTC folder? Or Fertility folder?
Maybe I should copy my last post there?
Caren
#431 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 12:28 PM

It should be right there...it is for me anyway.
Numnumom,
Good for you having the creativity & energy to get romantic more than once at the right time of the month! I always think I'll go every other day for many days and it never happens. That is why I guess I've been stuck on first surge day..to make sure it happens at least once!
Go ahead and repost on the Sept thread it was nice and those long ones take so much time..you should maker sure every one sees it,
take care,
Lisa(mamaov4)
#432 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Caren, did you look under the general fertility heading? It is right in the TTC area.
I agree, the post needs to be seen!
#433 of 433 Old 09-04-2005, 07:36 PM

Caren: In case you didn't find it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=336449

and you MUST repeat your post! I am right there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page