Sorry Mom4Tot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 433 Old 03-28-2005, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry mom4tot.

I am on CD 15 wth surge yesterday, but with our houseguests here we did not get to take advantage of it. It was a tough decision to stay up and talk with my friend, tho haven't seen her in nearly a year. We did manage Saturday and will again today, so maybe that will be good enough.

My friend's new (adopted) daughter was so tiny and sweet. I forgot how little and helpless they are at the start. It sure kicked in those baby-wanting pangs for me when I held her!
#123 of 433 Old 03-29-2005, 12:29 PM

Hi all-

greenmansions-sorry the houseguests disrupted the schedule a bit. Glad you enjoyed your friends and their DC

Well, I am in the 2ww now, hopefully we will all see some positive tests this month!!!

My "exciting" news is that I am going to an accupuncturist on Friday to help (hopefully) with my short LP and overall fertility enhancement. OR maybe I could just sleep solid for that 90 minute appt? Sounds like heaven too Really, I am interested to see how it goes and will report back afterwards in case anyone is interested.

Have a good day all!
#124 of 433 Old 03-29-2005, 02:36 PM

very interested in the acupuncture thing - I have heard mixed reviews on it so will be good to hear your thoughts after you go.

Good luck with the 2ww
#125 of 433 Old 03-29-2005, 02:43 PM

me too !!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#126 of 433 Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

I am also interested, so please let us know!
#127 of 433 Old 03-29-2005, 07:32 PM

bump
#128 of 433 Old 03-30-2005, 10:20 AM

Mom4tot,

Hoping this month brings a bfp for us all.

Single Mom to 3 (12, 17 & 21)  luxlove.gif and dog2.gif.

#129 of 433 Old 03-30-2005, 05:35 PM

How's everyone holding up?

We have a tease of Spring today tho we are supposed to get snow flurries/freezing rain in a few days :

I found some $-store OPKs so I'm trying them this mon.

We have not got DH's swimmies tested yet.
I have a GYN appt next week to talk about my Prog level, etc

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#130 of 433 Old 03-30-2005, 09:44 PM

2ww for me.

Have any of you with more than one child had any angst about having a second child re your relationship with your first child? We have such a nice little life right now. I know he will be better off in the long run with a sibling, but I still worry about not being there enough for him with a second. I am an oldest of two and I know that it took me years to overcome sibling rivalry issues, etc. My sister and I were well into adulthood before that all went away. Now we are best friends, thank goodness.

Fertility clinic called today with a cancellation for next week. I was able to find a sitter this time, so we are taking the appointment. It's a month earlier than our original appointment, so I am happy about that. This is with the doctor who specializes in LPD.

Anyone used prometrium vaginally? Any advice for making it easier to get in? I keep dropping the pills... Am thinking of trying an emptied tampon applicator.

And we're trying to get our taxes done... Ugh. There's a stress inducer for sure!
#131 of 433 Old 03-30-2005, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmansions
Have any of you with more than one child had any angst about having a second child re your relationship with your first child? We have such a nice little life right now. I know he will be better off in the long run with a sibling, but I still worry about not being there enough for him with a second. I am an oldest of two and I know that it took me years to overcome sibling rivalry issues, etc. My sister and I were well into adulthood before that all went away. Now we are best friends, thank goodness.
Absolutely!! I think it's extremely common. It DOES take some getting used to (having #2) and some juggling of your time/attention, but you'll work it all out. It's an adjustment. I remember wondering how in the world I could possibly love another baby the way I loved my first, but somehow, it just happens.

I, too, had a terrible relationship with my younger sister when we were kids--now we're the best of friends. But it doesn't have to be that way--my kids have their arguments, of course, but they are friends and get along really well.

Good news about your appointment.

I'm on cd...uh...I don't know...whatever cd polka and velveteen are on. Will probably O this weekend or the beginning of next week. Dh is supposed to make another appointment for himself to see what kinds of numbers we're dealing with--not really sure what we'll DO with that info...

#132 of 433 Old 03-31-2005, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter

Greenmansions, I know this question is one on the minds of many moms! It seems to me that the childs life is really enriched by a sibling, and every mom must worry about this issue when going from one to two. I think of it like having more than one really really good friend...although it isn't the same thing........but there is always love for another special friend, so I think it will work itself out.

Very good news about the appt., please let us know.

Joan, hope your dh's #'s don't disappoint!

CD 9 here, I figure about cd 12-14 are usually my days. Dh is really sick, so I'm glad its not this week!!
#133 of 433 Old 03-31-2005, 12:04 PM

well, I'm an only & I raised an only & NOW DS might be an only ?

I always wanted a sib but I've seen families where no one got along so who knows.

I wanted DS to have a sib since we're both in our 40's (not to sound morose) in case.....

We're all getting over bad colds.... where did that come from?
: sometimes when folks (all over) get sick at the same time.... : I swear that something bad is going on :
YWIM anyone ? OT the flu season was a bust for the Pharma Co.s even with the shortage of vaxs (which we don't do)mhnn

#134 of 433 Old 04-01-2005, 04:35 PM

checking in to see how the accupuncture went...(Yes, I'm being impatient.)

Does anyone know if the treatment would vary depending on where you are in your cycle? What I mean is, would they place the needles differently if you were waiting to O than when you're in the 2ww or is treatment more of a long term thing?

Joan
(waiting for that surge--this weekend is looking good!)

#135 of 433 Old 04-01-2005, 09:54 PM

I think that it is totally natural to worry or wonder about whether you will have the same feelings for another child or if you will be able to give 2 children the same amount of attention and love as one. i found the huge change was going from one to two just because getting out of the house was SO much easier with just one! The attachment to another child is the easy part! If you love your first so much that you are trying to conceive again this is not going top be an issue. Your house will never be as clean- or am I saying that to make myself feel better!?

I think in terms of attention the second or 3rd or 4th child does not get the same undivided kind the first did..but if you make the effort you can give them special "dates" where they have you to themselves. They also have the advantages that go with being part of a crew..built in playmate..good role models someone to share experiences with.

As far as relationships go...chemistry undoubtably plays a part..not all siblings will be life-long great buddies BUT with help from you they will most likely have lifelong love.I talk to my kids all the time about how only they will remember those vacations and family times. I also really focus on their relationships...I don't believe that siblings should be allowed to be cruel to each other just because traditionally they sometimes are! In our house we stress kindness to each other as much as to anyone else in our life. My husband has a distant relationship with one of his brothers because of cruelties that are hard to forget so he really backs me up on that.

Anyway, families are wonderful whatever their size...it's so nice that people can now search their hearts and not have more than one if they don't want to without the guilt of times past- its much more the norm than the big families now.

Well enough of my ramble....I guess I am on cycle day 18. I definitely had a postive OPK last Sunday and if I was lucky enough to conceive it would be the second time I did so on Easter! I use natural progesterone cream daily after AF because I figure it can't hurt & might help/ I haven't had my levels tested but might if I do become pregnant this time.

As far as charting goes..when do you see an increase? Is it immediately after O and does it go up gradually or all at one like 6-8 degress as opposed to 3 or 4?

Well dinner is ready so must run..good luck to all.

Lisa (mamaov4)
#136 of 433 Old 04-01-2005, 11:39 PM

Hi all-
Just a follow up from the acupuncture visit. I feel so friggin’ calm I don’t know what to do! It has been so long since I have not had this nervous type undercurrent, or impatient one, I don’t know. I am not a nervous type person really, maybe it is just a stress undercurrent…anywho, I feel great today since having a treatment.

The accu guy I saw has been in practice about 7 years (degreed in accu and Traditional Chinese Medicine). He has dealt with several women I know thru LLL and their friends for cycle/fertility issues, and also addresses other issues (arthritis, etc.).

We talked at length about my health, my short LP (why I went) and what was happening “emotionally” in my life. He was well versed in all the TTC terms and women’s phases (he is married w/ 2 dc’s-know his wife had fertility issues, don’t know to what extent). Checked my pulse and tongue and then put about 18 needles in me. 2 in each foot, 3-4 up each leg to knee, 5 above my public bone area and one in my ear. DID NOT HURT ! We talked more about general things for about 20-30 minutes and then he took them out and it was over.

His dx was that my kidney needed tonifieing (sp?) to assist my hormones in regaining a balance. I need him to explain how all that works together to me next visit. Wants me to come in 1x per week for 3 weeks – which will get me thru AF (due Tues) and thru next O. First thing is to see if O moves up to mid cycle versus CD 20-21 at present.( 28-30day cycle)

Joan-I did not get the impression that there would be different spots he would use accu on for the different times of the month. More an emphasis on getting your body to be at its best working state. At least that is our goal and knowing that I have had a “regular LP”, wants to get me back to it.

Oh, and highly recommended me taking a Tablespoon of Flax seed oil every day. Omega 3’s help with the whole female system, I guess we kinda know that.  Did say to get the cold-pressed kind in an opaque bottle to be kept in fridge – best for us. Of course $$$.

Gosh-thanks for reading this long. We will just see how it goes.

Wishing everyone I in the 2ww BIG babydust!
#137 of 433 Old 04-02-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaov4

As far as charting goes..when do you see an increase? Is it immediately after O and does it go up gradually or all at one like 6-8 degress as opposed to 3 or 4?
Lisa, yes, you see an increase immediately after O and then your temp should stay high until your period starts. I usually see an increase of .4 or .5 in one day, although last month I had a weird, very gradual rise. Before O, I'm usually in the 97.4 ish area, then after O I'm above 98.0. Some people see a dip in their temps on the day of O--I sometimes do, but you can't count on it. That's why temping is only useful as an indicator that you HAVE ovulated, not that you're about to. (I use an opk along with temps for this reason.)

Kokomom--sounds like you had a great visit! Thanks for the update & Good luck!

#138 of 433 Old 04-03-2005, 03:44 PM

checking in to say HI
how is everyone?

#139 of 433 Old 04-03-2005, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all
Today my monitor 'peaked', so today and tomorrow are really important. How are my cycle buddies?
#140 of 433 Old 04-03-2005, 09:36 PM

Fully expecting to see a temperature shift tomorrow. Let the 2 ww begin!

:

#141 of 433 Old 04-06-2005, 02:42 AM

good luck all you cycle buddies!

The acupuncture sounds intriguing. Not ready to try it - the needles kind of freak me out.

Our fertility appointment is Friday at the new clinic. I have been spending the evening filling out all the paperwork - medical history, etc. They also sent along a bunch of documentation on financing options, etc. It's really a business, this whole thing. They make it sound like you're signing your life away to pay for this (luckily our insurance covers most things). These doctors used to be at the local university hospital, and I much preferred the low-key attitude there. The new office(private practice) is a bit much. There's even a statement that they may call you for marketing purposes to suggest new treatments. Can you imagine? The fact that they kind of push the whole financing plan for their patients just rubs me the wrong way. I would cancel the appointment and shop around for another site, but I know these doctors are good, and it will cost me more time to find a place and get an appt, etc.

So, mid-way through the 2ww. No symptoms at all, unlike last month. By now I had nausea and very sensitive nipples. So not expecting to see a BFP this time 'round.

For any of you who might use vaginal prometrium pills, the tampon applicator works great, FYI. Haven't dropped a single pill.
#142 of 433 Old 04-06-2005, 11:42 AM

I had my 2nd appt with my new GYN & we made a TTC game plan.
He did agree that the 8.2 prog was a little low.
We are gonna repeat that test this month.
We agreed that with the tad lower Prog. & 11 day LP may be keeping me from getting PG.
He also said this was very common in 38+ YO women.

Also, he did tell me that less EWCM can be in conjunction with lower Prog levels

He was not so concerned about me still b/f'ing as I'm not doing it every 2-3 hrs

So, provided DH's swimmies are good (we need to do this) & my ONE tube is clear... we could conceive with minor help.

He was concered about my age (44) & my history that we need to get on the band wagon now !!

So, I'm getting an U/S this mon & and HORRORS a HSG.. I'm scared to death as I had 1 HSG 18 yrs ago & had a VERY bad reaction & massive pain & my tubes were not even blocked then

DH & I did decide that after we get out taxes back, we might try IUI a few times but that would be it.

I do feel better about having a game plan but not thrilled about the tests.

Wanna hear something spooky? Exactly this time 24 YRS ago, is when I got PG with DD (& I was on BCP )
& 24 is my lucky # - do, do do, do do do (twilight zone music)
I'm hoping this will be a lucky month for me

How is everyone else holding up?

This TTC stuff takes alot out of you - very frustrating.
I'm close to taking a break - it hurts my head.

I'm cross-posting this in 30+ & 40+

#143 of 433 Old 04-06-2005, 12:01 PM

Good luck with the docs, GM and Polka! Dh and I talked about going--he's going for counts, I already had hormone levels checked. We've decided not to go any further with that. This ttc is taking a toll on me and just the thought of ivf or other assistance exhausts me.

I hope, if your comfortable of course, that you'll share your experience here though!

Polka, I often think about how much effort I put into NOT getting pregnant when I was younger. Sort of ironic, huh?

: I hope 24 brings you luck this month!

I saw a nice, quick, large rise in temp the day after O this month. (As compared to the gradual little rises of last month.) If this is my month, I'll have 2 children born in March and 2 in December. I'd be due a few days after Christmas. A nice way to wind up my fertile years, I think. Guess we'll know in about 12 days or so.

#144 of 433 Old 04-06-2005, 05:29 PM

Hi all-
just checking in.

GM-good luck on Friday. I hope it goes well!
Polka-Sounds like a GOOD plan and your Gyn sounds nice. RE: HSG - I had one in 2002 and took tylenol ahead of time and it really helped. Plus I have to believe they have come a long way in making them more....quick, comfortable etc. On a real positive note there,we conceived same month as HSG. Good luck!
Joan-good luck on the rise!
Velv - do you now a cheap place to get the FM sticks?? I am out and need to get some for this month. (since last months plan did not work)

Not much new with me. AF showed up on DPO9 instead of early on DPO10. Not sure what that says for the accu? But I did go again on Monday
and it really helped me to maintain emotions alot better the last few days plus feel more energetic I think. I will be watching this cycle more carefully to see if there is more effect from the accu. At least DH likes the better moods!

All for now. Need to make hay while the child sleeps
#145 of 433 Old 04-06-2005, 05:35 PM

Me again!

Forgot to ask aobut natural progesterone cream.
Safe while BFing?
What kind?
When? How long?
Thanks!
#146 of 433 Old 04-07-2005, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Koko, I order my fm sticks from www.thefertilityshop.com I just ordered another box, but I hope I don't need them.

I don't know about prog. cm. while bf. I have heard of a Dr. Hale that has such questions answered on his site.

OH. You ALL need to check out the boards and lists at Women over 40. There are the stats there of all the pg ladies that are pg despite high FSH, etc. One looks at the stats and your hope is soaring!!

http://asmallwwweb.com/Over40/boards.htm
#147 of 433 Old 04-07-2005, 11:45 AM

thanks Velveteen !
I was looking @ the chart.
boy am I a newbie... I didn't know that high FSH was a problem.

I guess that why my Doc was pretty pleased with 7.5 FSH for my 1 chuggin'-along ovary :LOL

I just heard from a GF in AZ that wants to have another.
She waited til she was in her later mid 30's to have kids & now in her mid 40's, her hormone #'s are pretty bad - like almost the big M .
She's so optomistic about EVERYTHING.. so I'm not worried about her. She's great to talk to.

#148 of 433 Old 04-07-2005, 12:34 PM

Velv-thanks fro the link...way cheaper thandrugstore.com!
Have a good day all!
#149 of 433 Old 04-10-2005, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know why, but I have a little hope for this cycle. I haven't felt this hopeful in a while. I'm 5 dpo~ breasts feel a little tingly.
How's everyone else??
#150 of 433 Old 04-10-2005, 03:30 AM

Polka, we have some funky stuff in our family with dates too... Wierd how that happens.

We went the to doctor yesterday. He seemed good, but he was very "cut to the chase" rather than getting to know us a bit. I miss our old (retired) doctor! We are to take next month off from TTC and go in and have some tests. They will determine my reproductive age (FSH and follicular dynamics) and also retest my progesterone levels. Apparently after a successful pregnancy, 50% of women who had LPD don't have it anymore and don't need to take progesterone. So they will confirm my status on that front. Then we'll meet with the doctor again to determine a plan of action.

So have to find childcare to go in for tests on at least 8 days of next cycle... Not easy to do since much will be pretty short notice. The office is not far from DH's work so he will be able to do it at least a few times.

Hate to say it, but being "forced" to take a month off actually feels good. Don't have to ride the roller coaster!

AF should arrive Monday or Tuesday; I definitely feel like it will arrive - been pretty cranky today.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page