Mothering Forum banner

40+ and TTC right over here!!

12K views 432 replies 25 participants last post by  nanmama02 
#1 ·
Shall we start again? That one was 12 pages!!

CD 5 for me~ done being depressed and now my mood starts to pick up as possiblity is before me.

Polka, how ya doing?

#5 ·
well, I'm gonna go into the GYN & get some basic blood tests done to see if anything goes "tilt"

I know my fasting blood sugar is a little high.

I got the old speech of "how far do you want to go to get PG b/c with 1 tube/ovary, a history of Endo & over 40..."

Velveteen - thatk for starting this new thread & I tried that Herb link but they are not taking new orders b/c they are swamped.... I will look for more

PRESEED - you all like it? I do need some x-tra
Did you get yours online?

#7 ·
Hi Ladies, it's me Hopeful. Long time no talk. Hope you are all well. I'm just sitting here - now five days late for af. Really frustrated. Been spotting for four of them. Went to the re yesterday - took a blood test. Will know today. Hope it isn't a miscarriage. Think it's just that the clomid did a number on my body. It just won't come and it's so frustrating. Did you have late cycles on clomid Velveteen?
Well, I'm off to work. Talk to ya later

#11 ·
How's that book Velveteen? Was thinking of maybe looking for it today at Chapters.
I really don't eat much dairy - except like you, a little cheese. As far as wheat goes, well - hard for me that one. But I eat mostly rice, vegetable pasta and veggies and fruit. Some fish. Lots of rice milk. Tons of vitamins. Gotta excercise more though.
I read about the vitamins you were talking about on the other thread. I'm going to look for those too. Any other tidbits would be greatly appreciated.

#12 ·
Hi ladies, remember me?

I've been thinking about you all here and a couple of ladies pm'd me recently and got me to thinking about coming back. (Joan and Velveteen, you're so sweet.)

We certainly haven't been ttp these last few months, but I guess I just haven't been willing to admit to ttc--or to put my heart into it again. But there's no use in pretending!

Anyway, I'm still charting, and am expecting an order of opk's in the next few days. Dh doesn't want the "pressure" of knowing when I'm o-ing (humph!) so I'll tell *you* all that I'm on cd 7 now. If it were to happen this cycle, I'd be due on Dh's birthday.

:
to all

#13 ·
Oh Joan, it's so nice to see you again
I am cd 8. I am already noticing some signs of ovulation coming...I had better get some opk's, I suspect we will have to try before next weekend if we want to be prepared before ovulation happens. Usually, we try to time it pretty close to it, but are thinking maybe we should try sooner. Who knows? :LOL

Lots of baby dust!

#15 ·
Hi: I'm on day five. Earlier than you guys. Third day of clomid. Cant sleep. My body needs to grow some follicles but I'm not sleeping. Velveteen: what kind of visualizations could I do. I'm having trouble with knowing what to do. Stupid question I know. I just lie there and pretend I can see the follicles growing and that the eggs are really healthy but then I get bored and start thinking about doing the laundry and what to make for dinner, LOL.

#18 ·
Me too -- feel like gearing up (have sort of achy around fingernails and teeth! Funny symptom. CM barely there so not quite yet.) on CD 8 only so it should be a few more days at least. I am not temping as I never get 3 hrs of uninterrupted sleep (eek) but am using a fertility monitor and charting CM.

#19 ·
Good to hear from everybody!
Pretty sure yesterday was O day for me, definate change in cm and cervical shift. Oh, I SO hope this is the cycle! Day one of waiting.......I feel very positive this time because of my dietary changes and just good positive thinking. Besides, I'm disappointed every cycle if I don't conceive, so might as well have hope.

#23 ·
we need a bump up friends

My Dr wants to do evasive tests (HSG - tube thingy) & I want to go U/S, more bloodwork, etc.
I had an HSG 17 yrs ago & it was horrid. I did not weather it well.
I'm hoping Dr will reconsider.
Why are Dr's so hard to deal with?

#26 ·
Oh, that is a dilemma. Working something out does seem a better choice! I am surprised that he wants to do another HSG -- I had one (it went very well, no pain, little cramping though it felt WEIRD. Would not line up for another!) and I recall that it was supposed to enhance fertility by itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.