The One Thread Feb 13-19th Valentine's Day Edition!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well the pain has somewhat subsided, but not completely gone yet. I have TONS of creamy cm, so much so that I ran to the bathroom thinking that AF was here - finally...no such luck. This is so freaking frustrating.

Thanks for everyone's response. I am going to monitor the situation and see what happens.

Carolyn - No this doesn't happen all the time and AF cramps are usually across my entire lower abdomen, not just centralized over an ovary. About the long cycle and strong O, I guess it's possible. My good friend (Crayon here at MDC) made a *joke* that because I took so long to O, maybe more that one egg matured.....real funny.

Erica - Yeah, I do hate doctors, but I don't want something exploding in there. I had an ovarian cyst when I was 16 that ruptured and left me with a blood pressure of 50/26....that was interesting....

Jellyfishy - s

Nemmer - s to you too! That is interesting about the soy. I just hate the taste of the stuff though...can you get that in a pill?

Chris - I would really wait until atleast 12 DPO (this from the professional obsessor)

Mel - I am sorry that your DRs visit was sucky. I really admire your optimisim!!!

Surfmama - s

Tricia - s to you sweetie. Good luck with your test.

Well, personals (and moving anyone that needs to be moved) will probably come later tomorrow night too. Hubby has a 4 day weekend and I get to pick him up really early in the am, so I probably won't be able to come online during the day.

#122 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 02:21 AM

Still waiting to O..... .....long cycles totally suck.

MEL!!!! ....if by increased viscosity you meant that his sperm/semen show some clumping (agglutination), there's a GREAT study that showed a huge success rate in fixing that. Men with clumping took 1,000mg a day of vitamin C containing calcium, magnesium, and manganese. It was a small study group, but every single guy in the group was able to get his wife pregnant during the study (previously they had been infertile). No one in the control group got their wife pregnant. T. Weschler reported on this in TCOYF. Hope it helps!

Justice~ I'm so glad you're charting and that you know your temps aren't that high. Otherwise I'd be thinking potential tubal pregnancy. The pain from one of those can be horrible. Buuuuut....since you aren't showing increased temps, it seems like you don't have to worry about that one. Is the pain bad enough that an ultrasound would help? Plus, if you had an u/s, you could see what's going on in there! It might give you some clues on how your ovaries are working during these dark months. and , darlin'!

Gumby~ No worshipping---really! We're a two or three times a week couple, but sometimes you know how it is....they just look so darn hot and kissable! (Then in the morning you get a closer look and realize he isn't using those nose hair clippers you got him for Christmas... ) : that it's the low progesterone....that seems like it'd be an easy fix (though using it can be a little messy...)

Oh, and not to get too naughty here, but wouldn't it be hilarious if (along with all the other "chore" smilies like dishes, laundry, etc.) they had a TTC chore smilie....nothing obscene, but you know how they have that couple one that kiss and then a baby appears between them? I'd LOVE it if the woman could yawn and roll her eyes, then check her watch a few times.

surf mama~ this is from a while back, but I just LOVE that when you got stressed you went surfing. I'm in the middle of a four month freeze-a-thon here in the midwest, so a beach mama is, like, totally cool. (going for the Valley girl thing there....) Oh, and twice a week isn't that bad! Remember, it's quality, not quantity.

hypnochris~ Welcome!

kyle98sean02~ . I'm hoping it's something not too serious. Sounds like he's been through enough.

savannah smiles~ :

surf mama~ I've been trying for about seven or eight months, too. Feels like forever. The funny (or not so funny) thing is that my SIL got pregnant accidentally the month that I had been "planning" to get pregnant. So now everytime I see her, I get to think "I'd be that far along by now....wow." It's not a bitterness thing, but it doesn't make the time by any faster, you know?

Do you feel like you're getting more fertile the farther you get away from nursing? I ask because I sometime wonder about that. We started ttc three months after the twins weaned (at 26 months), and I could tell I was still producing a little milk even four or five months after they stopped nursing. It's only been the last couple of months that my breasts have felt normal, and I feel (for a totally unexplained reason) that I'm slowly getting more fertile. I just wonder if extended breastfeeding has lasting hormonal effects, like one would have after going off the birth control pill or something.

Carolyn~ How'd it go with dh? Tell us the whole story!!!

G'night all.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#123 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 03:02 AM

ROM- I've wondered a lot about breastfeeding and fertility too. I know moms who got pregnant while nursing and then moms who took a long time and moms who couldn't get pregnant until awhile after weaning. It seems like my body is taking awhile to get fertile again. I didn't get AF until dd turned 14 mo and then it was pretty irregular and weird. Even last month I went 45 days. I'm glad I didn't get pregnant when she was little but now I am definitely ready for my fertility back.
#124 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 04:39 AM

:

Hello! I am missing you all and feeling like a stranger again!!

Dad still here and stress levels are high. I've been super busy and having trouble keeping track of personals. I lurk from my computer at work but don't sign in so I can't post, and my computer time on my own is really limited these days. Anyway, I will continue lurking and come back and post more when I have a free moment!! In my defense, (maybe!) I am sort of discouraged from posting too much because when I do a whole long list of personals, inevitably that's when I get disconnected or the laptop battery runs out suddenly or something else crazy happens that I lose the post. This happenned the other evening. :

Anyway, I'll be thinking of everyone and lurking away to see how you all are!! Heather, I hope your dad is okay!! Justice, I second the opinion that you should be seen by a doc. Carolyn, glad you're still here and I am looking forward to hearing about you telling your husband. ROM, I have a feeling that your time is coming soon! Esp. with the mucinex!! Mel, is the viscosity a semen thing or a sperm thing? I think drinking a lot of water may be helpful with that . . . . Vit C is also helpful for agglutination. It's disturbing that so many men are turning up with weird sperm issues--I've heard that the average sperm count has dropped like 30% or so in the past years!! There are so many environmental factors that can have an effect on sperm and reproduction. Anyone ever read "Having Faith" by Sandra Steingraber? That'll disturb you!!!

Well, it's 12:32 and my DED (that's dear exchange daughter!) just got home. Some friends invited her to go to hear a band and they went out to eat something afterwards. I'm sure that this doesn't sound very parental, but I'm glad that she went out on a school night and did something with her friends and stayed out late and had a good time!!! She is very responsible and stable, and studies a lot and doesn't go running around with friends too much. Which is very good in a way, but she's already graduated from high school in France and is admitted to a university where she will start in the fall, so this extra year of high school doesn't count for anything much for her anyway. I think that in the end, it's the experience of living away from home for the first time and being in a different culture and the friends she makes and the things she experiences that she will remember and that will make a difference for her, not the extra year of high school classes! So I want her to have some fun and some new experiences!
#125 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 AM

morning ladies...well the big reveal didn't happen...hubby came home and we had to drive his truck to the peterbilt dealer for service(30minute drive) and I planned on telling him on the way back...well I was behind him and hit a patch of ice and did a lot of spinning and twirling until I was completely facing the opposite direction and skidded off the road into a really really deep ditch...we hit a cement culvert on the way down...bam! It was so scary...Sophia was in her car seat...once I realised we were going to go I put my hand on her and kept say "we are ok, you're ok, we won't roll over" and we didn't roll over...we are both ok...guess we have the seat installed properly because baby didn't move.

It was scary and then by the time we got back home, hubby had to do some work, 10 year old had to go to music and had to make arrangements(no car) so I figured later in bed...then we got to bed and well, it's been a long time and he was so delicious and I have a bunch of extra hormones so I figured afterwards I would tell him...and then afterwards...we both fell asleep immediately....completely like him but totally unlike me

He got up this morning and went to Toronto for a court date(he's taking a former employer to small claims) so that's it...he still doesn't know...I will tell him today for sure!

hugs to everybody
#126 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 10:21 AM

Good Morning,

Well, still have my cold and I now have a lovely cough to go with it :

Just sitting around waiting for this cycle to end. I am pretty much always 26 days so it should be over soon. On a more exciting note I bought some opks so I am all ready for our next cycle Oh and I think it is my turn to do the thread next week. I'll probably need some guidance and patience

MelW - I hope you get to see your own Dr. soon. Some of them are just brutal...you would think that a course in bedside manner would be required in Med school.

Hypnochris - I'd test in a couple of days :

Surf mama - : for this month. Oh and I sometimes get EWCM with a low firm cervix after O. In fact I did this month. I think I read somwhere on FF that that can happen.

ROM - You are hilarious! Thanks for the smile. I needed that!

Kavita - Sorry you are stressed. We could never think of you as a stranger.

Carolyn - I am sooooo glad you guys are okay! How scary. It was a slippery day yesterday! Can't wait to hear your hubby's reaction to the news! Keep us posted!
#127 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 12:09 PM

I'm glad to hear you are okay Carolyn. I had giggle reading your reveal (or lack there of story post skidding). Whenever you think the opportunity was going to arise it didn't.

I just wanted to fly by and say I am still waiting to O, I've been trying to keep myself busy with cleaning and errands around town, its been working but boy am I tired.
#128 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 12:10 PM

Oh my goodness Carolyn, I am so gald you are all ok.
GOssamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#129 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 12:27 PM

HollysMom-It's good to hear that EWCM is normal after O. I'll read on FF and see what else I can figure out about this months cycle.

Carolyn- Glad you and Sophia are both okay! The whole time I was reading the story I just kept thinking...tell him already It will be fun to hear the final ending to this story.
#130 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 04:13 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! Well, AF has showed up promptly....on a good note, that means I am more on track with my cycles and have a greater chance of ovulating this cycle. This is my 5th cycle, but I know that I have not been ovulating the first few months. Hopefully that means a greater success for this month.
So, I am on cd1.

Hollysmom--feel better soon! Good luck with the OPK's! I am thinking I might try that this cycle as well.

ROM--long cycles are the absolute worst! With my first son, when I got my cycles back they were 60 day cycles. Currently I'm having 36 days, which is bad enough.

Justice--keep us posted!!!

Gumby--the first cycle after m/cing is hard. I had one with my first son, never got another period, but immediately conceived a few weeks later. My son is now 18 months old.

Surfmama--hope you caught that O!

Savannahsmiles--on a good note, only a week to wait!!!

I will be MIA for the weekend as we are taking a mini-vacation to Canada. The boys are excited, so it makes AF a bit more bearable this time.
Onto next cycle and hoping for a little turkey baby!
Good luck everyone
#131 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Hi everyone. Thanks for the big welcome. We're waiting 'til Sunday to retest. That'll be 15DPO. So, I know that I think I O'd on the 5th. I felt egg droppy at like 9-10pm. We had sex in the afternoon on the 6th. I know you're supposed to do it the day of or a few day's before but I thought maybe it's possible?!! Plus that spotting 8 days later and today I could've sworn my boobs were bigger!!! Funny thing is, if I am pregnant my due date would be 10/28 which was the day my dad died 5 years ago. Not that people usually deliver on their due dates but it would be nice to have a positive reason to remember that day!!

Thanks again for the welcome!!!

Chris
#132 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
MEL!!!! ....if by increased viscosity you meant that his sperm/semen show some clumping (agglutination), there's a GREAT study that showed a huge success rate in fixing that. Men with clumping took 1,000mg a day of vitamin C containing calcium, magnesium, and manganese. It was a small study group, but every single guy in the group was able to get his wife pregnant during the study (previously they had been infertile). No one in the control group got their wife pregnant. T. Weschler reported on this in TCOYF. Hope it helps!
Thanks for the info (and the HUGE letters- you totally caught my attention). In retrospect we should've asked for a copy of the analysis...I am far to often relying on my "photographic" memory, but to be honest it takes kinda blurry pictures. Off to read about the differences/similarities between clumping/agglutination/viscosity... My husband and I talked about vitamin C, but he is a serious citrus addict, so I don't know that he needs to supplement. But the calcium, etc- we'll investigate. Thanks so much!

Carolyn~ Sounds scary!! Glad you and Sophia are okay, and that your hubby was "delicious".

Willowrose~ for AF. You sound like me- always happy enough about having a "normal" cycle that it takes some of the disappointment away

Kavita~ Take care. Glad to know that you're still reading. And thanks for the reminder about drinking more water. I haven't read "Having Faith", but environmental factors scare the out of me!

Justice~ Glad you're feeling better- wish your cycle would smarten up!

Holly'smom~ Stupid cough- take care and feel better soon!

Hypnochris~ : : for Sunday

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#133 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM

Allgirls - I'm so glad you're ok! That must have been terrifying! Can't wait to see how the big reveal happens.

Willowrose - sorry that found you but here's to hoping that your next cycle is more predictable. And thanks for reminding me that I only have a week left before I can test!

Hypnochris - I'll be thinking about you on Sunday!!

Surf mama - I hope you caught the egg this month! Another week or so and you'll know!

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#134 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 07:13 PM

"Previous studies had shown that when a species has a high rate of polyandry-the mating of one female with more than one male-a variety of adaptations have evolved that increase the odds that an individual male's sperm meets up with an egg…
Furthermore, the semen of many polyandrous species becomes more viscous after ejaculation than that of other primates, forming a solid plug in extreme cases. Although the plug increases the chance of fertilization by preventing semen from leaking out of the vagina, it can also act as a biological chastity belt, thwarting a rival male's sperm from getting through."

http://www.rednova.com/news/display/?id=110439

Hmmm...a biological chastity belt?!
: :

#135 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 08:13 PM

I just have to share this with everyone...A friend of mine told a funny story. Apparently....a long time ago(whatever that means) her mom and some of her mom's friends went to her mom's house, undressed and stood outside in her mom's backyard naked underneath the full-moon. They beleived that if they did this it would regulate their cycles and they would all become pregnant at the same time. Thus, they would also be able to start a babysitting co-op. So....as the story goes....they all became pregnant within a month of each other! All I can say is...: There is no way I would want to see my friends naked in my bck yard, much less have them see me that way. The people in my subdivision would never look at me the same again

Willowrose: Thanks for the encouragement. I have heard from many women who have gotten pregnant right after they mc and before their first cycle, but unfortunetly those PG ended up in another mc. It's nice to hear that you carried to term.

Allgirls: I'm happy to hear that you and Sophia are ok. How scary!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#136 of 149 Old 02-18-2005, 09:36 PM

Okay, the doc said he thought it sounded like AF, but if it is still weird by Moday I can come in for a blood test.
So....no need, she's definitely here today, but at least she didn't bring her friends the Cramp Sisters.
Ds has his first ear infection...poor little guy. I know I've said this before, but I seriously think he never gets a break! I hope the next few months are sick free, and new tooth free!

Anyway, here are my long overdue personals. I'm just going with everyone who wrote in since my last post; if I tried to backtrack I'd be here all night!

Jellyfishy - sorry AF found you, hope next cycle you have better luck.

Nemmer - same to you. Af sucks!

hypnochris - And I can't wait to how your next test goes.

MelW - Sorry about the annoying doc. I'm sure your hubby has great swimmers! And I love the insert about the biological chastity belt! :

Surfmama - good luck! And it looks like we've now both had weird cycles. Maybe it means the next one's the ONE! And I always have EWCM about a day after I ovulate. Don't know why, but it seems normal, and FF said something about it in one of their articles.

gumby74 - good luck this month. MC is tough to get through. I had an ectopic the first time I got pg, and as soon as the meds wore off and we could try again, I got pg with ds...and he's almost 15 months now. And my cousin's wife got pg right after a MC and carried to term also. Keep your hopes up, you never know. I'll be rooting for you! :

Justice - Take care girl! And I truly hope this cycle ends soon for you, one way or another. But preferably with a BFP!

RedOakMama - I stopped pumping 3 mos ago (ds weaned early ) , and there's still milk in there. I'm kind of thinking the same thing as you. I definitely think that hormones from bf and ebf can affect fertility. And unfortunately I think they affect everyone differently. Let's hope we're both getting more fertile!

Kavita - sounds like you are One Cool Exchange Mama!

allgirls - glad you and dd are okay! Wow! That is so totally scary! And I can't wait to hear what your dh says when you FINALLY tell him!

Willorose - Sorry AF found you too! But I'm glad to hear your cycles are regulating.

And here's to all of us who are trying (especially those of us with AF visiting right now). May this next month be fertile and bring us all BFP's!

treehugger.gifMom of one angel1.gif(12/28/02) ,one babyboy.gif(12/2/03), one babygirl.gif(12/28/05) and 2 dog2.gif and 2 cat.gif

#137 of 149 Old 02-19-2005, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all. Still here, HURTING LIKE HELL. The pain subsided a bit last night, but was back this am and is to the point that it just might keep me awake somewhat tonight. If it still hurts in the am, I am going to have hubby drop me off at UC at 7:00 am (when the open). I was in tears today and it's not getting any better as the day goes on. Well, my Grandma - in - law leaves in the morning and my Aunt comes into town around 1 pm. I have had so much company...WOW. Then, my brother says that he and his partner are going to try to come up next weekend. UGGGGG. Well, even with my ovary in a vice, Operation Husband Jump, phase 2 was successful (if not extremely painful) this evening. JUST in case this awful pain is a really strong ovulation.

PERSONALS!!!!!!!

Elisabeth - That is very interesting about the Vit C. I have also heard that Vit E is extremely important for male (and female) fertility. Hubby and I take a great deal of Vit C a day (up to 4-5 G if we are unwell and 1-2 G if well) and we both take Vit E....swim spermies swim!!!!! I am hoping that they do an U/S tomorrow. I am getting concerned about this whole pain + no period thing... Am hoping for lots and lots of sunshine!!! And you are sooooo right...LONG CYCLES SUCK!!!

Kavita - s honey. Sounds like you have been busy!!!

Carolyn - So, how did the big reveal go??? Inquiring minds NEED to know!! I am really glad that you and your daughter are ok. Ice is so scary to me. I have no idea how to deal with a real winter. We are moving next month to Ft. Drum, in Upstate New York...I am sure that I will have plenty of time to learn!

Kristine - I hope that you feel better soon. Our weather keeps changing. It's amazing that we have not really been sick (just a small cold last week or so). 70 degrees one day and 30 the next..literally.

Willowrose - s. I am sorry that AF found you, but your attitude is great! Here's some : for next cycle!! Enjoy your vacation!!

Chris - : for Sunday!!! Sending lots and lots of vibes.

Mel - isn't it amazing what our bodies will do to ensure the survival of the species?

Tricia - I am a firm believer that our bodies are connected to nature. We are supposed to cycle with the moon (or seasons, as what appears to be the case with moi).

Erica - s to your little boy sweetie and to you!

I think that is everyone, but if I missed you, please don't take offense...pain and exhaustion are overcoming me.

#138 of 149 Old 02-19-2005, 09:51 AM

Well my dd who normally sleeps in on the weekend decided it was the day to get up at 6am. So...here I am at the computer while she "reads" my books...Stephen King and the The best baby name book...think that is a sign? :LOL

Willowrose: hope this is your lucky cycle!

MelW -

gumby74 - Ya my neighbours would move...or call the police

Joey'smom - Sorry about and the weird cycle....sounds like it could be the name of a rock group :LOL Man I must be tired....

Justice2 - hope you are okay! Please let us know what is happening.
#139 of 149 Old 02-19-2005, 11:20 AM

I can't imagine standing naked under the full moon...brrrrrrrrr but I did go out and see the full moon and show it to Sophia(I always do, she loves the moon) and both months I got pregnant ovulating with the full moon...I am a moon believer now!

Anyway opportunity finally presented itself...

We went out to see my friends 9 day old baby girl last night...little over 6lbs..teeny wee thing...so we are in bed last night and I say to hubby "so you think the baby is cute" he says "really teeny" I said "yeah, you want another one" he says "if it happens it happens" and I say "how does October sound?"

silence

then he says"did we do it again?" and I said "yeah, we may be old but were pretty fertile" and then he gets excited. I told him I was scared but further along than last time and that I felt ok...he said "we gotta buy a new house" I said lets worry about the practical side of it when we know it's all ok...anyway we are going to look at minivan, bigger car...6 is a pretty large family...we were looking anyway, we have a ford f150 and the back is too small for Alyssa...her legs are as long as mine.

He's doing mental checks that we still have all the baby stuff, figures it's another girl and we won't have to buy clothes...didn't have the heart to tell him an October newborn needs warmer clothes than a July newborn...hehe

anyway we have all the big stuff...we are happy...haven't decided when we will tell the older girls...might be hard to keep it a secret too long..I am popping early this time...

I will pop back in to talk about you, sorry for the me thread...

off to read about you guys....hugs...oh, and truck damage estimated at $1400 but honey won his case in small claims...which was a principle thing...the money will help pay for it...amazing how things work out sometimes...

cheers
#140 of 149 Old 02-19-2005, 11:32 AM

I also O'd right b/f Valentines day... : : : : : : KHA for all of us in the wait

for all the eveil WITCH found.

I'm hoping the rebirth of Spring will be a lucky time for us!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#141 of 149 Old 02-19-2005, 03:17 PM

Had my first soy smoothie this morning. It wasn't as icky as I expected. :LOL So, I think I can do this. If I capsulated the stuff, I was looking at around 50 pills per day. So, I'm glad the smoothie method isn't too bad.

Carolyn~ What a cute way to tell your DH! That's something I used to think about a lot -- figuring out a cute way to tell DH I'm pregnant. Haven't really thought about it in a long time, but if it happens, I'll definitely have to come up with something really cute. Thanks for sharing your story -- how fun! And I'm glad to hear you guys weren't hurt in your accident.

Polka123~ :

Justice2~ I really hope you are okay! Please keep us updated! : it is just ovulation on steriods. You can get the soy in a pill, I just wasn't sure it was the exact same thing, so I opted for the powder. But I've since discovered it is the same thing, so next time I'll do the pills for sure.

Joey'smom~ Poor kiddo. Hope he feels better soon! : to you!

gumby74~ That's funny about standing naked under the full moon. If my neighbors weren't so close, I might just be willing to try it! :LOL : to you!

hypnochris~ Good luck on the test tomorrow. :

Willowrose~ : to you this cycle. Hope this is the one.

splendid~ :

HollysMom~ : to you. Hope your cold is over quickly.

To everyone else I missed, sorry! and : for everyone. (Can you tell I just like to type out :? )
#142 of 149 Old 02-19-2005, 07:27 PM

Hi, I'm a lurker. Have been for awhile. Everyday I read about you ladies and have never piped in before now. Just wanted to ask you Nemmer, how come you want to drink soy? I was drinking it alot and found it hard to digest and it made my PMS really bad. I read that North Americans are over induldging in soy. Also I heard it is bad for thyroid. I have a low thyroid and I read up on it and found it was pretty bad for that. I drink rice milk now and find it much smoother and better tasting than soy. Not to mention, the PMS has kind of dwindled. I was just curious if perhaps you had some info on soy and ttc.
#143 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 12:11 AM

Hi all! Just hanging out in the 2ww here.

Carolyn- glad your hubby was excited. Can't believe you managed to go that long without telling him- sounds worth it in the end

#144 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all. Well, I went to UC this am. The doc asked me about birth control. I told him that I use NFP. He said "well, aren't you a rare one. I think it's great that you know your body and don't rely on a pill to do it for you". Anyway, apparently I do not have an ovary problem. Apparently I have diverticulitis. Which he said is pretty odd in someone my age. Boy, was that a wake up call. Gonna revamp my entire diet and start excercising more. I really, really don't think that is what it is. My diet wasn't bad to begin with. dunno!

I am really sorry about personals tonight. Will catch up tomorrow!!

#145 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 01:34 AM

Hi!

Hopeful130~ this is the link to soy info someone referred to earlier in this thread~ http://www.soulcysters.net/showthrea...&threadid=7981
Its an interest article & worth trying if you need it.
I am veggie & eat a lot of soy products, but have read a lot about some of the controversy of soy, including how it may effect your thyroid, memory, and other things in a negative way. Fermented soy products (tempeh, tofu, soy yogurt) are a lot better then unfermented (edemame, soy milk, powder) because of the amino acid inhibitor soy contains (when not fermented). I think it mainly can have negative effects if you have it every day for a long period of time. But like most things, much of the research contradict each other. If you've never had it, almond milk is really yummy too!

Justice2~

AF was due today, but has not come yet! I knew she'd be late either way, just to get my hopes up. I will test in the morning if I haven't started by then. I have felt like I am going to start any minute off and on for 3 days! Not typical, Thurs. night the cramps where getting pretty bad, but then just went away. At least I'll find out soon :

*erin*
TTC #1

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#146 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 03:52 AM

greenfaery, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Please let us know the results asap!

Justice, my dh has the same problem and has to avoid eating seeds of any sorts. On the plus side, he hasn't had any flare-ups since changing his diet. Good luck!

Looks like a lot of us are killing time and waiting to test. Here's some ~*~*~ patience vibes *~*~*~ to all of us!

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#147 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 09:42 AM

Hi there,

I started the new thread.....I hope the link works.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...41#post2706841
#148 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 11:34 PM

Ughhhh...My best friend just got pregnant. I cried...not happy tears either. I feel so guilty
#149 of 149 Old 02-20-2005, 11:43 PM

Kelden's Mommy- It is hard to feel sad when you wish you could feel happy with them. But be gentle with yourself, your feelings are so normal.

also wanted to let you know that I just happened to notice your post here but everyone else has moved to the new thread Feb 20-26

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page