TTC,1st cycle w/o birth control, AF late - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-17-2005, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been driving myself nuts!! Hopefully someone out there can shed some light on my situation!! I decided to go off birth control because I was not digging being on hormones and because DH and I were thinking about TTC-or at least not trying so hard to prevent it.
So last AF was 1/19. I started charting BBT. From what I can tell, I think I ovulated on Sat night 2/5. My temp spiked the next day and I felt that egg droppy feeling. We BD'ed on Sunday 2/6. About 8 days later I had some light spotting which I thought was the start of AF but it stopped so I thought MAYBE implantation bleeding?!
I was anxious and tested on 10dpo and it was negative. Now it is 12dpo and still no AF. The problem is, I have no idea how long my cycles are without hormones. Before I was on pills my cyles varied 28-35 days. I know they can be a little wacky for a few months because I just went off pills.
The bottom line is that I don't know when I should test again. These things are expensive and I'm not even sure if what's going on sound at all like I could be pregnant.
I hope someone out there can offer some advice!!
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-17-2005, 06:16 PM

Hi- I answered your question on the one thread. My suggestion was to test again in a couple of days if AF doesn't show. But also a question about your timing- since usually after the temp rise and after you've o'ed is too late. But if you BD'ed in the couple of days before you ovulated and/or the day of conception is more likely. Good luck-let us know!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#3 of 4 Old 02-18-2005, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I know on the test packages they say to wait a week in between testing...so we bought the pack with 2 in it...just to be safe. I tested positive...didn't believe it could be true...tested the next morning...lol. so yeah. I'd wait a week or so between testing if it shows up negative.

I also had JUST gone off the pill.

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#4 of 4 Old 02-18-2005, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

As I posted in the One thread, i think I O'd at around 9-10pm on the 5th. I think I felt it. I had sex in the afternoon on the 6th. I know they say you can conceive the day of and a few days before O but I read on one website that the egg can be fertilizable for up to 24 hours after O. That website recommended BDing the day after suspected O too to maximize chances. And then there was that spotting 8 days after I thought I O'd. And now I think my boob feel bigger today... Just too weird!! At first we were going to wait til May to conceive...we travel for the holidays and I want to have a homebirth-another story!!...but now that this is happening I'm hoping for it to be positive : There's always hope!! I have 2 tests left and don't want to waste them!! I'll keep you posted!!
Chris

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page