The One Thread February 20 - 26 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry I haven't been too regular here.
To all those who are pregnant...YAY!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! You must be so excited!!!

I have had 9 consecutively high temps and today's shot way up. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have no symptoms though :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

zion - Please post your chart if you can so we obsess. We do it very well

Polka123 - sorry about temps

Surfmama - on the bfn - I am still hoping for you :

Joey'sMom - Of course we are all GOOD mommies (or mommies to be)

Kelden's Mommy - :

So off topic, but there is a house around the corner from mine that I have loved since we moved into ours 5 years ago. Well it went up for sale before Christmas, but is quite big and the asking price it quite a bit. Anyway, they have lowered the price and now have pictures of the inside on the internet. I LOVE it. Anyway, I spoke to dh and he said crunch the numbers and we'll see. I couldn't believe it. He hates change and this house is expensive. So...I have spent the entire morning working on the numbers. Of course the good thing is house had 4 bedrooms so there would be lots of room for a new baby, but the extra money would be tough while I was off for a year on maternity leave. I am torn. Maybe we will go see it and decide from there.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:44 PM

my chart let see if this works!! thanks for the instructs!! let me know what you think.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 PM

Zion, it brought me to my chart. You need to make sure that you are on your HOMEPAGE, which can be reached from the drop down menu at the top of the FF screen called "sharing" just go to Home Page Setup and copy and paste the address here.....and, you need to come back online so that I can obessssssssess over SOMEONE ELSE'S CHART!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:
Old 02-23-2005, 04:04 PM

zion, it brought me to my chart It took me a second to realize it and I thought wow, look how similar our charts are :LOL

I am loving the new smilies too. I wanna use this one really soon :

Good luck on the new house Holly'smom We are moving in to our new house at the end of April, early May and its going to be soooooo nice I'm glad everyone is feeling better too.

: Keldens Mommy and surfmama

polka123

Justice, a slight temp dip followed by a higher rise in temps tomorow could possibly be implantation I love helping others obsess too!

How are you feeling allgirls Good I hope :

MelW Hopefully it wont matter what those tests say

Well, 7dpo and temp went up ever so slightly more. 6 more days to obsess
Old 02-23-2005, 04:35 PM

Hi everyone!

I missed you guys! And wow--everyone's in full obsession mode!

We've been really busy around here the last several days...we had the IEP meeting for Ian and James yesterday (the meeting where parents and evaluators draw up a special ed. program) and it went really well. It was so strange...for the first hour it was really intense and emotional, because we were arguing about how much OT/PT the boys would get (our district was trying to low-ball the offer). I was crying and feeling awful, and I was sure we were heading into mediation. Then all of a suddent the OTPT supervisor offered a GREAT amount of therapy for James, then upped the amount of therapy she'd been offering for Ian. Total 180 on her part. Needless to say, I feel like an elephant's been lifted off my shoulders.

I have to say, people who work in special ed are amazing. I know as parents we have to be advocates and get kinda scrappy in IEP arguments, but I can't tell you the number of times someone in that room stood up for Ian and James. Even people we hardly know. They're amazing.

Justice!~ YAY for the coverline and high temps. I'm so happy for you!

: Happy belated birthday Emerson! :

Zion~ I hope it's a BFP, but don't get too worried if your temps are staying high and it's still a BFN. Your cycle could be irregular for a while, and it's not unusual for temps to stay high until a full AF starts (or even for temps to stay high well into your next cycle). Plus if you've been taking any new supplements they can keep your temps high. For instance, I'm about 18 days into this cycle, and I've only had one day that was below my coverline from last cycle (though I've had a full AF already). I started taking a balanced B-50 complex, and I think it's been keeping my temperatures high. : for you--I hope it all works itself out (in the best way possible) soon!

Hollysmom~ what a great distraction! I love looking at potential houses. Anytime there's an open house in our neighborhood we always go. How'd the number crunching work out? Do you think you might do it?

Kelden's mommy~ don't worry about no symptoms! SO many people have little or no symptoms in the cycle they get pregnant.

polka~ Sorry about the impending reboot.

allgirls~ I just love hearing how you're doing! Thanks for the dust!

green faery~ Congratulations!

s and to everyone! I have to get going--time to take a walk with my boys at the local mall (it's FREEZING outside!)

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 02-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Did I mention here that a client of mine just has a baby last week, another one is pregnant, my best friend is pregnant (2nd try), another friend is pregnant (wasn't trying) and another friend had an abortion.
I am on an emotional rollercoaster over here! AHHHHHHHH
I really hope this is the one!
Thanks for the wishes.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:36 PM

RedOakMomma- It's awesome that you worked things out for the kid's school!! I second the people who work in special education being amazing!!
Thanks for the charting info. It makes a lot of sense. I just went of birth control so I am expecting that my cycle would be wacky. I just can't let go of hope

Justice- thanks for the help with th homepage...we'll see if it works!!

Hollysmom - hope the number crunching works out for you!! $$dust to you!!! let me know what you think of my chart. I know there are some gaps...sorry :

I will be waiting for your opinions

chart attempt #2
Old 02-23-2005, 07:35 PM

It's mostly a big lie- I worked nights last night and my temps are always inflated...I don't go to bet until 8 am, and temp when I get up to pee- so crummy sleep plus afternoon temping give me temps that I usually discard. I just left this one (one of my highest ever) in for obsession potential. :LOL Of course, last time my temp was that high, AF showed that same day : I work nights again tonight, so won't know my "real" temp until Friday...

Joey'smom~ Glad your hubby apologized. Arguments when ttc, especially around o time can be so stressful. Of course, the make up gof can be helpful :LOL

Surfmama~ for the BFN. Hope you get two lines soon.

Carolyn~ Glad you're looking after yourself and getting lots of rest

Green faery~ Thanks for the dust

Justice~ Still stalking your chart

Kristine~ Good luck with the number crunching. We rent right now, but I use mortgage calculators for places on MLS all the time! Happy house viewing.

Zion~ I looked at your chart- it's hard to say because of the missing temps, but looks promising. There was that EWCM after your O that confuses things a bit (I think that's why you got dotted cross-hairs), but temps still look good for the o-date that FF gave you. Still spotting, too? I vote for test again!

Polka~ Sorry about your dip . Hope your progesterone is okay

Kelden'sMommy~ for a triphasic chart. Do you have it posted anywhere?? for the roller coaster- I hope this is your month, too.

Heather~ your chart makes me too.

Elisabeth~ I'm glad your meeting for the boys went well. You must be an amazing advocate for them- it's good to know that members of the "team" are looking out for them too.

Momma2Emmerson~ Happy belated b-day to emmerson

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Old 02-23-2005, 07:38 PM

Zion~ Welcome to the thread. How weird about your temps... hope you get an answer soon. BTW, what's EPO? Oh, and that second chart attempt looks like it worked!

surf mama~ : Hoping that test was just too early!

savannah smiles~ did AF show up? are you going to test?

Hollysmom~ sorry showed up. Good luck next cycle! And good luck on the house!

kyle98sean02~ Good luck to you! :

Justice~ Sorry to hear the antibiotics were causing such trouble for you! But at least maybe it isn't actually diverticulitis? Good luck to you, and congrats on the O! :

MelW~ Hope you don't "need" those scan results! :

Joey'smom~ Glad DS is feeling better. Good luck with the boss on Friday.

polka123~ Sorry about the temp dip.

Kelden'sMommy~ :

ROM~ Glad you got things worked out for your boys.

As for me, I'm finally done with the soy shakes. Yes, definitely doing the pills next time. But the good news is that I've had the clomid-like hot flashes for the last couple days, so I'm thinking that's a good sign! I didn't even get them last cycle, when I was on 100mg clomid! So, I'm now just waiting to see if I O. Note to self: We need a tapping-foot waiting smiley. :LOL I ordered more OPKs online, and they still haven't showed up... hoping they don't take too long! :
Old 02-23-2005, 08:09 PM

Nemmer~ Congrats on finishing the soy shakes (We may not have a toe tapping smilie, but spitdrink is pretty cool). My mom was a natural health nut, so I drank my share of "potions" as a kid. Glad you're getting results- hope you O soon!

Old 02-23-2005, 08:16 PM

Mel, that temp does look promising, even for your nightshift temps. Your usual ones are not quite that high!!!

Nemmer - Glad to hear that the smoothies seem to be working for you!

Zion - With those missing temps, it's kinda hard to tell. I would certainly test though.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:10 PM

Thanks guys....I will try to post my chart address...not to quick on teh whole "posting my chart thing"

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/120ac

If it works, please tell me what you think.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 09:17 PM

zion, maybe you didnt O until cd 24. Thats when you had the EWCM. Keeping : for ya
Old 02-23-2005, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW
It's mostly a big lie- I worked nights last night and my temps are always inflated...I don't go to bet until 8 am, and temp when I get up to pee- so crummy sleep plus afternoon temping give me temps that I usually discard. I just left this one (one of my highest ever) in for obsession potential.
Well, its definately obsessable and right in the time window for an implantation rise
Old 02-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Kelden's Mommy that is definately an obsessable chart too
Old 02-23-2005, 10:28 PM

Hollysmom: Tell AF to go away!!! She is an unwelcome guest! Sorry to hear she has shown her ugly face.

Justice: Ever since I was just lurking, I have been really hoping for a BFP for you. I sincerely hope this is your month!!!

ROM: I'm sure your special educators are just as happy with you and your husband as parents. I'm sure you make their job much easier because you guys are such great parents Keep the flame of advocacy burning within you always. Your boys will need you to fight for them for many years to come

Kelden: I often feel like everyone around me is blessed with great fertility. I try to tell myself that everyone has their own struggles in life. Fertility is mine.....but theirs might be a lot worse?!?!? Then again, most of the time I just feel jealous! Here's hoping for a BFP for you this month!

As for me....I O'd today and now the wait begins.......Still scared to death because as much as I want to be PG I also am really scared that I will mc. I called my ob today and she told me to come in on Tuesday to have my blood drawn for progesterone. Here's my question: If I have low progesterone and I am pregnant, can I start taking progesterone then? Will it help at that point? What if the test comes back normal and I am pregnant? How do I prevent another mc? What else could be causeing my MC's if it isn't progesterone or chromosomal? UGGGHHHHH I am soooo tired of the questions and not enough answers. Anyways, I guess I can only stay positive. Sure glad I have started working out again. It has lowered the amount of stress I have.......imagine that

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Old 02-24-2005, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning,

ROM - I'm glad the stuff with the boys worked out.

Kelden's Mommy - It seems like everyone I know is pg too. Oh and your chart looks awesome!

zion - your temps do look good. Maybe you O'd later than you chart says??? How are you today?

MelW - Woo Hoo! Love the chart! I have a friend who calls herself an MLS whore because she spends so much time on there looking for houses :LOL

Nemmer - Glad you are finally done the shakes. I am not sure I could do it. The pills definitely sound like a better idea.

gumby74 - Try to stay positive. Sorry I can't help with the questions

Well, the number crunching went okay in that technically we can afford the house. Having said that I am bit scared of having such a huge mortgage. The one we have is big enough : I just don't know if I can handle it mentally. Also, we live in the burbs right now and I really think I would like to move into the city. We would have to buy a smaller house (Toronto prices are insane!), but I think we could go down to one car and I would be able to walk places. Suburban sprawl is starting to get on my nerves both from a physical and philosophical (sp?) point of view. Sorry for the off topic .

Thanks for listening.

Baby dust to all
Old 02-24-2005, 11:58 AM

Hollysmom- Urban sprawl makes me . We're considering downsizing to one car too. I can't help but feeling that two cars in our situation is a little excessive. DH is trying to work from home when we move and the city we're moving to is very Ped/bike friendly. It would save a few $$$ a month!!

Kelden's Mommy- I just found out yesterday that my friend is pregnant. I so wanted to be first. She's the type to try to educate and lecture me about things that she's familiar with. I can just hear her now..."well when I was pregnant..." or "I never did that when I was pregnant" or "you need to eat some meat!!" or "once you go into labor you'll want an epidural too!!" : Come on : for next month!!

Gumby74-I wish I had an answer for you!! Maybe your OB will have some answers for you on Tuesday.

Ok, Temp still up today but !!! I had to run out and get a test yesterday. I wanted to wait til DH got home from work but I couldn't resist. So ROM I guess you are right!!! It's going to be a while til my cycle regulates itself. I would love to get a BFP in march. If that doesn't happen DH wants to wait til the summer . I guess I will keep charting. How the heck do I figure out how long my cycle is?? I should've gone off birth control a long time ago : !!!

Thanks everyone for your input on my chart. I may be asking for more obsessing down the road!!
Old 02-24-2005, 12:17 PM

I hope you are all having a good week.

I have caught some kind of bug so I am reallly really sick and haven't been able to contribute.

I just wanted to swing by and say I am still reading, just a little fatigued.

to you all
Old 02-24-2005, 01:07 PM

: AF has appeared

please move me to waiting to O

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Polka123 - Sorry about ! I moved you

Splendid & Justice2 - I moved you guys to Waiting to know! Good Luck : :

zion - Sorry about BFN and sorry this cycle is wonky. Do you want me to add you to the list in waiting to know?
Old 02-24-2005, 01:50 PM

Zion- I know what you mean about the friend.

My best friend is a very opinionated person who says what she thinks. Our first babies are 9 months apart...she found out she was pregnant when she visited me in the hospital the day Kelden was born.
So this time around she had to start trying as soon as I started. She is pretty competitive and I can't help but wonder if deep down she is thrilled that she is pregnant before me.

I, on the other hand don't really care if our babies are the same age. It's not like we would even deliver in teh same city. I just want another one.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:19 PM

Hollysmom-I don't know where I should be!!! How about waiting for a glimmer of a normal cycle!! Actually I think I may be bleeding for real. Stay tuned this may be AF!! I just might be waiting to O!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 03:42 PM

I can't respond to personals right now, but wanted to say Zion, it can take a couple of days for your temp to drop after your have started AF.

Oh and me (of course, isn't it all about me??? JJ) My temp dropped another .10th of a degree this am. I haven't fallen to my coverline yet though...we shall see.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle98sean02
Well, its definately obsessable and right in the time window for an implantation rise
Thanks, Heather. My only "symptom" right now is a totally triphasic chart We'll see what tomorrow's on-time temp brings...

Kelden's Mommy~ Nice looking chart

Tricia~ If you're pregnant with low progesterone, then they will probably start you on it. It will help- the progesterone is basically "supplemented" until your placenta takes over the job of making progesterone (I think this is around 11 weeks or so, but I'm too lazy to get up and grab my textbook right now ) If it's not a chromosomal or progesterone issue, then you can look into being tested for various antibodies that can cause you to have a miscarriage- anti-phospholipid antibody, anti-cardiolipin, etc.

Zion~ The only real way to know how long your cycle with be is to see when you bleed (or get a bfp). I agree with Heather that maybe you didn't o until the EWCM. I had a really long cycle last year (112 days) and spotted on and off for the last couple of weeks of it. I kept thinking that AF was about to start at any minute, but never needed more than a pantyliner. It was super-irritating and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you have some clarity soon

Splendid~ in the 2ww

Polka~ Are you going to have your progesterone checked this cycle?

Justice~ I have no ideas about your chart...but continue to stalk regularly

I'm going away for the weekend tomorrow, so have a good weekend everyone! I'll test Monday if AF doesn't show over the weekend, I guess.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:03 AM

still waiting......I am 12 dpo I think. My body likes to tease me and make EWCM off and on through out the month so I keep wondering if I really o'd when I thought I did. My cervix seemed fertile at the same time as my guess at o time. With dd sick and teething at the beginning of this cycle I wasn't able to temp but if I am still trying next cycle I should be able to temp. Sure hope I don't need to.

: s for everyone that this is the cycle for all of us!
Old 02-25-2005, 02:07 AM

I just got home from my friends house from jr. high school. Her son is 6 months younger then mine and today was his 6th birthday. Her and her sig. other are ttc their second child. They tried for 4 years before their son was born and were told she could never have kids becasue of her spina bifida. Well, today I introduced her to charting Now I have someone irl to obsess with I showed her fertility friend and she was a little overwhelmed, but I have a feeling shes going to be a thermometer popper in no time <insert evil grin here> Its been quiet, hows everyone doing? I actually fell asleep on the couch last night and woke up and didnt temp. I was 6 hrs late on my progesterone too, I hope I dont start spotting :S
Old 02-25-2005, 02:47 AM

I'm PREGNANT!!! I decided to test today because we wanted to go out drinking and I got a!!!!!!!!!

I'm really surprised but very, very happy! This will put my dd and the new baby 4 years and 1 month apart so, if they're both girls, I can reuse all of Sav's old clothes!

My symptoms this month were:
~ sore breasts from 1dpo onwards
~ lotion-like cm starting around 5 dpo
~ tugging feelings in my lower abdomen that ended about 3 days ago
~ today, at 12 dop, I had EWCM again which is what prompted me to test
~ these past two days it's felt like me nipples are on fire when they brush up against anything.

Thanks so much to everyone here for all of their support and encouragement. I'll stick around to congratulate all the other BFPs I'm sure will be popping up soon.

Baby dust for everyone!

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:59 AM

CONGRATS SAVANNAH SMILES!!!
: : : : :

*erin*

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)

User Tag List