What were your earliest pregnancy symptoms? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-28-2005, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm talking about the very first things you felt that made you think "maybe..."

I've got notes from DD's pregnancy but so many things are different now (still breastfeeding, etc) that I need more fodder for my current 2WW obsessing!

Here is my (comprehensive) list from 4/2002 with DD:

3 DPO: dry eyes and small amount of white CM on panties

5 DPO: dry eyes; hard nipples that felt constantly cold and tingly; same CM

6 DPO: stinky pee in morning; same nipples but darker color with light centers; cold all day; same CM; SOOO tired for about an hour around 5:00 pm; drooled going to sleep; shifty gas-type pains near belly button

7 DPO: same nipples; hard time going back to sleep when dogs woke me up early; same CM; burning like start of UTI but high up under belly button (implantation?)

8 DPO: same nipples but also a hard pea-sized lump under each; same CM

9 DPO: same nipples as 8 DPO; light, light AF-ish cramps in evening; TIRED at 7:00 pm

10 DPO: nipple back to normal unless squeezed but still felt cold often; AF type cramps all evening; light metallic taste in mouth around 2:00 pm

11 DPO: light, light AF-ish cramps; headache in morning; cranky and weepy until lunch time

12 DPO: nipples same as 10 DPO; gassy and constipated; TIRED at 5:00; queasy in afternoon; pain in armpit/breast area; HUNGRY all day; peeing constantly; very faint BFP on CVS store brand HPT

13 DPO: nipples same; looser bowel movements; armpit pain still there but lighter; HUNGRY all day and still peeing often.

14 DPO: nipples same; felt like vomitting all morning but never did; looser bowel movements; TIRED all afternoon; HUNGRY all day; cried at PBS show that I had been watching for 5 minutes while folding laundry

15 DPO: another BFP with second CVS test; nipples same

1-10 DPO cervix was all over the place, up then down, hard then soft, every which way and combination that you can imagine. By 11 DPO it settled into a medium position, oval shaped, medium-hardish and closed.
#2 of 8 Old 02-28-2005, 03:13 AM

You would THINK that I would have kept a log... nope.
Guess I'm not smart enough. :LOL

The most that I remember was mega-sore boobies. The shower water hit them and knocked me out. I didn't get any 'real' symptoms until 7-8 weeks when morning sickness started.

Yeah.. could'a done without that one
#3 of 8 Old 02-28-2005, 09:38 PM

Hi!

This is my first pregnancy, but this is what I noticed~

I had mild O type cramps from 1 DPO to 7 DPO, from 8 DPO-10 DPO I had a head ache at night with mild nausea ( I have had no other nausea so far), starting about 11 DPO I burped ALL the time and at the time I had no idea that that could be a symptom of pregnancy. My boobs were sore, but it was hard to tell if it was just pms. At 11 DPO I had AF like cramps and felt like I was going to start any minute on and off for 3 days! Oh and about 12 DPO I notice my boobs were popping out of the side of my bra!? They seemed fuller. I also has some white cm starting about 11 DPO and started getting a yeast infection (yuck) but its gone now.

I POAS at 10 DPO, 12DPO and got a BFN, but on 15 DPO I got my first BFP!

Congrats mama!

*erin*
: #1 EDD 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#4 of 8 Old 03-03-2005, 02:59 PM

1-6 DPO - nothing to note
7-10 DPO: achy, flu-like feeling; VERY fatigued; lower back ache; burping; lots of creamy CM, then yellow CM, then snotty yellow CM (sorry TMI); a tingly, warm feeling 'down there'; AF cramps that STOPPED.
11DPO - boobs felt bruised; uterine tugs; bloated.

Dee
#5 of 8 Old 03-03-2005, 03:07 PM

A + pregnancy test was my first symptom! Well alright, three!

Seriously I felt nothing before I was about 5 weeks pg (had been actually pg for 3 weeks/period was 1 week late). After the test I had a few days where I had some very intense cramping, like worse than I'd ever experienced with a period (tho I don't usually get bad cramps). Week 7 onward my boobs hurt and I got nauseous. Then the belly started to grow...and the rest is history!
#6 of 8 Old 03-03-2005, 03:38 PM

1 dpo - present (11 weeks, 6 days pregnant!): nausea.

6 dpo - present: exhaustion

10 dpo: crying at everything, crampiness similar to af but more of a stretchy feeling, nipple tenderness

I had a at 11 dpo.

I have to run...my 4.5 year old ds and 2.5 year old dd are arguing about whether or not dd is pregnant / if kids can have babies.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#7 of 8 Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 PM

10dpo -- my husband's carne asada breath woke me up from a dead sleep at 2am and kept me awake for an hour. :

But that was only a symptom in retrospect. That cycle was the only cycle that I was *sure* I wasn't pregnant. I only tested when I was two days late because I thought it'd be the best way to get AF to start. I really didn't expect a second line.

:LOL Jess
#8 of 8 Old 03-03-2005, 04:43 PM

I've had 2 pregnancies( 1 mc) and I've never had any real pregnancy symptoms. With my daughter I had maybe 5 days (not in a row) where I might have felt some nausea...I puked once and then felt immediately better and that was the end of my symptoms.

But, then again I wasn't trying to get pregnant that month. I did have a new job and thought it was too much for me I was so tired all day,so I quit...that night was when I found out I was pg......so I guess being tired was a symptom, but I never went back to work, so I guess I found my energy by having 3 hour naps everyday!

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page