30+TTC for way too long (March 05) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 313 Old 03-02-2005, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought we oculd use a fresh thread for a fresh start. I'm 4 DPO and worried about the vast amounts of Novacaine injected into my face this morning while I had a filling replaced. Oh well, too late now.

BTW, Mimid, my DH thought I was a crank n' puss on Clomid (and, indeed I was) but then, HE was prescribed Clomid and had to deal with his own issues. It was an eye opening experience for him to say the least. FYI: Clomid is prescribed for men to help improve sperm count. We were very moody people for months until we moved on to plan B. . . and C. . .and. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 313 Old 03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Isn't that funny? I warned my DH that he too could have fun with the Clomid mood swings too! Fortunately, Proxeed seemed to do the trick.

Yay for the new thread!

So, coming up in April, Tracy (member here) does a thing she calls Treasure Maps. It begins on the Aries New Moon, and you basically collage what you want for the coming year. It is really cool and fun and a nice way to at least pinpoint and focus what you want. She usually does it over in Sprituality...I suggest you go check it out! There is a thread called Treasure maps 2004. DH and I did it last year - and I am planning on doing it again this year.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 313 Old 03-02-2005, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, Adina. I am definitely interested. I'll be sure to check it out!
#4 of 313 Old 03-02-2005, 05:24 PM

I'll have to check that out -
I am born in the very beginning of Aries so this time of the year is signifigant for me.

arggghh. watching the travel channel & this gal is in Germany & she'll be in the Czech repub in a few minutes....
DH & I wanna go - bwaaaaaaaaaaaa.
this is 2 of our wish areas.

I think I go finish watching "Roseanne" & get a good chuckle.

To any of you have a bunch of crap going on in your lives besides the TTC? we always do. seems as if we have a few family members that just want to cause trouble - even if we no longer speak to them... it just seems to seep in.
hence our fantasy of traveling to to Europe

XOXOXOXOXOXO to everyone.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#5 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 12:41 AM

I just want to send all around. I'm not sure I can cheer anyone up cuz I feel like I'm in limbo right now.

I had a bfp on Monday and a bfn today so I'm not sure what's going on. Ugh. Maybe I'll get my dr to give me a pg blood test. If I'm not pregnant now we'll be moving on to IUI or IVF again and I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Maybe the Treasure maps will improve my mood. Thanks for the info Adina.

Ana
#6 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 12:50 AM

I kept confusing myself looking for the March thread, so here it is!

Unfortunately dh isn't the issue...it's all me. I will offer him some Clomid to try though I can't see him taking it voluntarily. He started talking about going away for the weekend to relax and has been better. We had company for breakfast and when dh drove him home, he asked what was wrong because we both seemed sad. DH told him just that we got news we didn't like (he knows about us TTC). So he tells dh that he and his wife tried for 3 years and were also struggling with it before they had their kids and we shouldn't let this keep us down because we are good people yada yada yada. Then he reccomended the weekend away and dh thinks it would be great.

I LOVE the Bun in the Oven bakery idea and I will be happy to handle that part of the clinic once we get it up and running. I love to bake and make coffee drinks so it'll be a cinch!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#7 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 AM

I'mhere! I certainly hope march brings more BFPs to our group!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#8 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 12:59 AM

I wanna do the treausre map! I love collages!! Adina, maybe we can do it together.

Mamaana... sorry you had an elusive BFP.. but i'll hold hope that the second test was just a dud.

My husband on clomid? Bwahahahahahahaha!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#9 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 04:56 AM

That would be something, having dh on Clomid!

Just checking in with you all....got to visit my pup today and he comes home next Wednesday! I'll get some updated pics too.
His name is: Ollie....short for Oliver
#10 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 04:57 AM

Hey; just realized I need only seven more posts to hit 1,000!! No games either!
#11 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Polka, we indeed always have stuff going on. Always, it seems. As I mentioned before, DS just got out of the hospital and now we are trying to keep him from having to go back. He has a cold, which, for regular folk is no big deal. For him though, it could turn ugly.

My mom is 63, chronically unemployed and in poor health and it's everyone's fault but her own. She doesn't have a penny to her name despite the fact she was awarded a HUGE post divorce settlement. She spent every dime and has nothing to show for it (her car is a 1998 Cutlass with 124,000 and she rents a crappy apartment in a bad part of town). We have recently spent thousands to buy her dentures and pay for dental surgeries because she refused to go to the dentist for 40 years. It was too unpleasant. This is the background noise of my life.

My Dad has his own issues but seems to be doing better now than he has been for years. I can only worry about so many people in the family at one time.

I envy people who have family support who can lovingly be there for them through the trial and tribulations of ttc, and the trials and tribulations of early parenthood. DH has a wonderful family who lives many states away. My MIL thinks I am crazy because I did natural childbirth and would call socical services if she knew my 2 1/2 year old DS still nursed, but she is a wonderful grandmother, goes to the dentist and saved for her retirement. She has my respect.

Somedays I am just trying to keep my head above water.

Sorry for the rant.
#12 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Velveteen, we have a dog named Olive. She rocks. Olive and Oliver would probably be great friends. Let's get Velvet to 1000!!!
#13 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 04:50 PM

Red Rover, Red Rover send the others right over
:LOL :LOL

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#14 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Did I breach some kind of thread etiquette (would that be threadiquette???? :LOL )? I started a March thread already for our group. Should we merge them somehow? I don't know how to do that.
#15 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm. . .I see we have two March threads. Maybe they can be neighbors.
#16 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM

do we ?
D'oh
I feel a merger coming on
Ary- I hear ya on so many levels

Velveteen: Oliver is a cUTE name - where's the pup?

#17 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Ary, I hear you too....I'm also enjoying your blog. Excellent writing.

Ollie is still with his litter mates till next Wednesday. He will be 8 weeks next Friday, but she's letting me take him home two days early. We have company coming, and I don't want the pup to arrive amidst all that.

Almost to 1,000!
#18 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 06:01 PM

mamaana - : fingers crossed that korin is right, that the 2nd test was just a dud. maybe it was a different kind of test with higher sensitivity????

here we go again..... 12 dpo .... had a faint line on HPT today. i'm terrified this will be another chemical pregnancy. i'm sure the anxiety can't be good, but i can't seem to get a grip on it. dh even sees the line so i'm not imagining it. i'm having some crampy back pain which is exactly what i had with the first pregnancy when i was miscarrying. oh please, let this stick. please, please, please :
#19 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Magic moderator to the rescue....now we are all in one place!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#20 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 07:27 PM

All the best to you Jodi, and hope that this baby stays with you for the next 40 weeks!

Mamaana, I'm sorry for the bfn. good idea with the blood test. :

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#21 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 PM

Korin - re: progesterone and long lp. Yes, I am so scared about that. The first time I took progesterone I had a 19 day lp. It was so disappointing when af showed. So, I am testing tomorrow at 15dpo with a fancy, schmanzy EPT/hpt. It tests at a lower level of hcg. And, just in case I do get that dreaded BFN, I've taken tomorrow off so I can wallow in my misery, eat chocolate ice cream, and just have a good cry!!
Oh, and I hope your reaction to the lower 50mg clomid means good things and that you are reacting to the lower dose without lessening your lining!! My first round on clomid my af was very, very light - like yours. My lining had been just 6.6mm. So, even though I had only 1 follicle the first round, they did not increase my clomid dose for fear of lining issues and I had a good 9mm lining and 4 follicles this time!

Jodi - Very exciting!! Thinking sticky thoughts for you!!

Polka and Ary - I hate having outside stress in addition to TTC. I don't have too bad of family issues - they are all away. They never call me and I don't call them if I'm not in the mood to be insulted or feel blue! Dh's family is nice - but far enough away that we don't get all the family drama and gossip. We both generally like our co-workers and neighbors and friends, and all we have told have been very supportive - so we are pretty lucky!!

I would do the collage too, but instead I'm doing my "positive thinking" by painting and decorating the "maybe baby" room. Nothing that will indicate it's meant for a baby room, just something cheery! Dh and I have agreed on a pale grass-green and white trim with yellow and green strips/plaids/toile for fabric. It might actually make me happy to get things more settled in that room - it's sooooo bare just waiting for "maybe baby" to arrive!
#22 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Oh . . . here's a page comparing pregnancy tests. It says the most sensitive tests can detect 20 mlU and are capable of showing an acurate positive reading as early as 10dpo. It also states that the most senstive test on their list also happens to be one of the least expensive (and vice versa). http://www.epinions.com/kifm-review-...399D7124-prod5

Here's the list for yourselves, if you are planning on stocking up on hpts!!!

AimStick Pregnancy Test 20 mIU hCG

Confirm 1-Step 25 mIUs hCG
Lifesign One Step Pregnancy Test 25 mIUs hCG
One Step Be Sure Pregnancy Test 25 mIUs hCG
Clearblue Easy (U.K.) 25 mIU
CVS detects 25 mIU
Health Check 25 mIU
Insta Test hCG 25 mIU
Lifesign One-Step 25 mIU
LifeSign 1 Midstream 25 mIU
One Step Be Sure 25 mIU

E.P.T. 40 mIUs hCG
First Response (U.K.) 40 mIU

Clearblue Easy 50 mIUs hCG
Store Brands: Rite-Aid, Target 50 mIUs hCG

Answer 100 mIUs hCG
Equate (Wal-Mart) 100 mIUs hCG
First Response 100 mIUs hCG
Precise 100 mIUs hCG
QTest 100 mIUs hCG
Store Brand: Walgreens 100 mIUs hCG

Fact Plus 150-250 mIU
#23 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 10:52 PM

Hi all. Just delurking (I can't stay away from you people ) to subscribe and to respond in particular to squeakermansmom. I so know the anxiety of pg after loss. At the beginning of this pg I had the same wierd, burning pelvic pain I had with all my losses. I was sure I knew what this meant. Then someone (on this thread I think) pointed out that there was almost 2 years between my my pg with dd and my first loss. Maybe this was just a normal pg sensation for me, but I had forgotten it or not noticed it the first time around, since I wasn't the nervous nelly I am now. Well here I sit at 11w5d and I think she (wish I could remember which wise woman it was) was right! So don't let the weird pains freak you out too much. I am not one to give good counsel about anxiety since I am still periodically having all out panic attacks (though they have really improved since I started exercising regularly), but I wanted to give you some encouragement, some and a .

: mamaana!!

to all!

Jenny

Trying to get my bearings...
#24 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 11:11 PM

Jenny! I can't believe you're already 11weeks!! My how time flies!!

#25 of 313 Old 03-03-2005, 11:49 PM

ok.... so the lower numbers on the PG tests are the better?
they can detect a slight amt of hormone (thus an earlier DPO)?
right?
I'm tired :LOL

#26 of 313 Old 03-04-2005, 12:11 AM

squeakermansmom pregnancy after a loss is so hard. I am sending sticky vibes to your baby

yes Polka123 the lower the number the better.
we have always used the first response ones with good results.

tara
#27 of 313 Old 03-04-2005, 01:04 AM

Also popping out of lurkdom--haha, I just can't leave you guys!!
I've been on the look out for ST and can't find her--is she still hanging out here???? Yesterday we received in the mail a big padded envelope addressed to "Molly's Mom Shannon" My mail carrier brought it to the door laughing saying that at the sorting office they were rather confused, but Allison (my carrier) knew instantly who "Molly's Mom" was
Molly is currently sporting her lovely new soaker, pics are taken and we will post them at her website shortly.

Velvet, so glad to hear you're getting a new pup Let me know if I can help at all.

Baby dust to you all, Molly is on my lap shaking her arms up and down so I think she's passing her own special baby dust your way!
#28 of 313 Old 03-04-2005, 01:11 AM

Squeakermansmom, : and lots of

[quote]mamaana - fingers crossed that korin is right, that the 2nd test was just a dud. maybe it was a different kind of test with higher sensitivity???[quote]

The neg test was a FRER : . They are darned expensive.

Well, I tested today with the cheapie Fact Plus test with a mid-afternoon pee and it's a . I'm trying really hard not to fret but prayers and sticky vibes are appreciated especially since ds was dx with Fifth Disease today. He's miserable and nursing nonstop. Does anyone know any natural ways to reduce a fever other than Tylenol? He's received his max dosage for the day and I can't get the fever down. I'm hoping it will come down on its own.

to everyone

Ana
#29 of 313 Old 03-04-2005, 01:23 AM

Hi Ana, and Congratulations on that bfp!

One natural way to reduce a fever is a cool compress on the calf muscles. Not easy with a baby, but maybe you can wrap his lower leg in a cool washcloth while he's nursing? I hope he's feeling better soon.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#30 of 313 Old 03-04-2005, 03:12 AM

Delurking

I've been reading faithfully but haven't posted for about a month. I basically had the flu for the month of february, and I had enough energy to read, and sort of follow but not to post.

I feel like I've missed alot, because I wasn't posting. I'm glad to see the BFPs, even if some are feeling provisional at this point. It's always encouraging to see BFPs in our tribe. It will take me a while to sort out all the new folks-I'm sorry you need this place, but glad you found your way here

I've been all over the map since I left (I'm sure the Clomid helps). I'm really frustrated because for the past two cycles I've been on Clomid at 50 mg and for the first time since I bought my fertility monitor, have not gotten Peak readings that indicate I ovulated. I was even supposed to go in this month and get and U/S to see how the Clomid was working out, but I was supposed to do that when I got the Peak signal so . . . I spent today waiting for a call back from my Dr to see what we should do for the coming cycle, but it never came.

Despite all this this is my first 2WW in a long time that felt like one. I am having all my PMS/psychosomatic pregnancy symptoms which I'd gotten quite good at ignoring are driving me crazy this time. I'm tempted to test before I'm late, which is just insane!

I also met some IRL last week who has two daughters conceived with ART, the first with and IUI and the second by IVF. It made me feel so hopeful to see these wonderful kids running around, and I got to hold the baby awhile. Holding babies is my preferred drug of choice.

s to all

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page