What does YOUR cervix do? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-03-2005, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I am on CD 21. My cycle usually lasts 23-27days,I've had one 30 day cycle in my last 15 months ttc.

This is my first cycle of clomid/hcg/iui

My question is, does the cervix go steady up up up until O and then down down down until your period? I had the iui on CD 15 and my cervix went down a little after that and now today it's as high as it was at ovulation? I know that the cervix will raise up if you are pregnant, but doesn't that usually happen when your period is due or later? Can it happen this early? There is also a lot of white creamy discharge(sorry to be graphic). I have a little bit of cramping that comes and goes.

However, I also can't test until CD28 at least to make sure the hcg shot is out of my system. Aggghh, the agony!

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#2 of 7 Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 PM

:LOL My cervix likes to wander, too. I also notice that it's not a clear path between "firm and low" to "soft and high." Sometimes it's firm and high, or soft and low....frustrating!

I also notice, and sorry if this is TMI : , that for a day or so after sex my cervix is often very soft and open. Makes it very tricky to know when I'm actually ovulating. (!) Is that normal?

Good luck mamatoady!

Anyone else want to share???

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#3 of 7 Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 PM

The biggest thing that changes where my cervix hangs out is the fullness of my bladder. Full makes it high, empty lower. I always pee first, then check. I also notice that it often seems a little bit higher in the afternoon, and usually a bit higher and softer after sex. I got my best "cervix checking" data from always checking in the morning, but sometimes re-checked in the afternoon, too :LOL

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#4 of 7 Old 03-04-2005, 03:19 AM

That crazy cervix thing! LOL I am often checking and trying to overanalyze everything...

Dont listen to me as I dont think I am Oing yet, and its hard to see a pattern now..
ButI rememeber when I got preggo with Jack, I thought for sure I wasnt pregnant because I checked my cervix and it wasnt what I thought it should be for being preggo..
#5 of 7 Old 03-05-2005, 12:15 AM

Thanks for posting this- I had been wondering if I was the only one who couldn't figure out what was going on with my cervix (what a weird sentence!!)

I definitely don't notice a progression- some days it is higher and softer, some days low and firm. When I do have ewcm (very rarely, unfortunately) it is high and soft, but then I don't necessarily ovulate right after that- it could repeat that a few times before I actually O and move on with my cycle.
#6 of 7 Old 03-05-2005, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoady
My question is, does the cervix go steady up up up until O and then down down down until your period? I had the iui on CD 15 and my cervix went down a little after that and now today it's as high as it was at ovulation? I know that the cervix will raise up if you are pregnant, but doesn't that usually happen when your period is due or later? Can it happen this early? There is also a lot of white creamy discharge(sorry to be graphic). I have a little bit of cramping that comes and goes.

However, I also can't test until CD28 at least to make sure the hcg shot is out of my system. Aggghh, the agony!
I don't want to feed the obssession, but those are pg symptoms for me! My cervix and its antics (every permutation of position, firmness, and shape) were a main reason I suspected I was pg with DD.

Oh... and you *can* test before CD28 if you're realistic that you might get a pos from something other than pg. I know women on line who buy a bunch of cheap internet HPTs and take one daily to watch their trigger leave their system (test line gets lighter) then see if it reappears or gets darker (indicating pg).... good luck!
#7 of 7 Old 03-05-2005, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Oh,Lordy! Now I really am going to be crazy! Thank god I can't afford more pg tests and to get them online for this cycle, I wouldn't receive them in time. I'm not much on watching my mucus because I seem to ALWAYS have some type of mucus. My lower back/sciatica is KILLING me, but I don't think it's a pg symptom because I read that the clomid is supposed to make pms symptoms worse and I usually have a little mild back pain.

My cervix did lower a bit again and now today its high high high and this time CLOSED! and I think it feels soft.....but I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow,right?

sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page