Nursing mamas getting pregnant in April - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2005, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
to Ana and pipersmama Here's hoping!

I'm on CD 14, still waiting to O. Started taking chaste berry couple days ago, so we'll see how that works out. But now we are waking up at weird times, lol. Not very helpful for charting. DS is now 19 months.

to us all!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 09:39 PM

I've had some slight spotting yesterday and today. My guess is that a reboot is coming tomorrow. DH is bummed. All the more easier to get our house on the market.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 04-11-2005, 01:35 PM

Hi mamas! I just wanted to pop in with some words of encouragement. I joined this thread a little over a year ago, and today I am holding my newborn daughter! It is possible to concieve without weaning and tandem nursing is a great comfort to all three of us in our nursing relationship!

Good luck to you all! :

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
Old 04-11-2005, 01:46 PM

Please move me to waiting to know!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:08 PM

Planning to test tomorrow (or this afternoon if I buy a 2-pack of tests...) I've been lightheaded adn a little queezy but what is new, I have psuedo-symptoms every cycle! Congrats to the +++++++!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 02:27 PM

Hi nursing mamas! I'm so glad to find other like myself. DH and I are waiting to Catch the First PP Eggie!

DD, Cora, is now 10 months old. We can't wait...but it would be helpful if I would O...the devil is in the details, eh.

I have PCOS and used vitex, dong quai, prenatals, epo, diet (mod carbs/sugar), and exercise to conceive DD. I've started taking Vitex and prenatal strong in B-complex vites, and I may soon add EPO. I'm hoping this combo works as Dong Quai is a no-no while nursing. I should probably get off my butt and work on the diet/exercise thing, too.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM

Ok, I stopped the birth control so I'm waiting to see if I get my period. If I do (even though it's not a "real" period), I will chart and use OPK this next couple of weeks GIO alot . Now I'm just crossing my fingers that this worked. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your period after stopping the BC? I think it took like 2 days when I was doing this when TTC my dd.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
Old 04-11-2005, 03:15 PM

So glad I found this thread! please add me to the 2WW, dd is 9mos. i'm 5dpo. how long do i need to wait to test if it's a blood test? still 2 weeks? i'm so anxious! good luck to all and congrats to Hunny- I told dh about dd when he was away too! i'm not a good secret keeper!
Old 04-11-2005, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethkm
Planning to test tomorrow (or this afternoon if I buy a 2-pack of tests...) I've been lightheaded adn a little queezy but what is new, I have psuedo-symptoms every cycle! Congrats to the +++++++!!!
It was funny to read your email because just this morning I kept getting a little dizzy...lightheaded I guess...and I kept thinking could this be a sign? I was never lightheaded with either of my other pregnancies. I just read into everything now that I'm 11dpo. I'm done waiting...I think I'm gonna test when my dh gets home tonight...he made me promise not to do it during the day today. Goodluck Beth!

Kelly with 4 DDs (8,6,4,4) and 1 DS (1)
Old 04-11-2005, 06:16 PM

I am sooooooo sorry. I can't even begin to express it. I totally dropped the ball with the month changeover. We moved out of state and I've had virtually no internet access until today. I'm totally behind on everything, so I'll need to catch up on who's pg, whose still here, etc. (Just for my peace of mind :LOL)

Personally, I'm "Waiting to O", but DH and I haven't dtd for 2 months now. Isn't that sad? We're just so tired and don't have any solutions to the TTC/ cosleeping dilemma. The good news is that my fertility is probably fully functioning. I've got my good old hormonal acne back much earlier into my cycle, and tons more cm. NOw, if we could only get tab A into slot B. :
Old 04-12-2005, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Tomsgirl, don't sweat it, I figured you were busy/preoccupied with something, and I would say a move is a pretty good excuse! Hope you and your family are adjusting well.

Welcome to the new mommies! Hope your stay here is short and sweet.

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06)
Old 04-12-2005, 05:39 AM

Ok mama's, quick question. How many of you have had your first ppaf appear. Then, disappear? I had my first one last month and have been patiently waiting for the next one which I think should have started a few days ago : We weren't "trying" - still thinking about it - and I figured our timing was waaaaaaaay off. Or, since I'm feeling slightly panicky and am trying to talk myself down here, was your cycle longer? A small part of me thinks that now that I have typed all this out, she will appear in the morning. But a big part of me is feeling wistful and hoping maybe??? The timing would be all wrong, we are getting ready to sell our house and make a big move. That would be the reason we were just waiting to be ready. Can you tell where my head is right now? Not sleeping like I should be that's for sure :LOL

Alright, I'm going to bed. Hopefully I can sleep.

mum to a crew...
Old 04-12-2005, 08:00 AM

Jaime, my first cycle PP last time I o'ed on cd 47 so it was a 60+ day cycle, next cycle I o'ed on cd 27, then cd24...got pregnant on the third cycle last time. I think it's pretty normal for it to take a while for your AF to get back on track...especially with the ups and downs of nursing.

Well, of course, I have nothing conclusive to report. I got last night. Glaringly negative. This AM I did another...still negative. But now I look at the 12dpo am test after 30 minutes and there is definitely a second line that is even a little pinkish. I know I should just ignore it. But I keep comparing it to the evap line from last night and it definitely is pinker and more pronounced. Ugh. I NEED to get pregnant because I can't take this kind of stress. I wish I could be more zen about it all. I'll test again tomorrow I guess.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:30 AM

Reboot.

I think my luteal phase is still on the short side. It was much longer when I got pregnant with dd.

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
Old 04-12-2005, 01:11 PM

As always, with the very nature of this subject... trying to conceive... there is so much excitement, angst, letdown, sadness, meltdown, craziness, hope, and ultimately JOY!
For me, I need to remember the here & now... because I know when I try too hard for things I tend to push them away... and the blessings I have before me are so amazing. Don't forget to stop & smell the roses (tulips, hyacinth, forsythia, basil, insert favorite smelly flora here) & make sure you don't forget to hug your little nursling(s)!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Hi all-
Been lurking but not much time to post. Good luck to those in the 2ww and hugs to those that rebooted! Blak!

All is ok here. Doing the accupuncture, dropped the chaste berry tablets (too much to remember) and just kicking back. The accu is really helping my attitude, I am much calmer aobut things, and hopefully will help my LP this cycle. (cycle 6) (started it late last cycle, once a week).

Oh, DD is waking and I must go.!!!
Have a good day!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipermomma
Jaime, my first cycle PP last time I o'ed on cd 47 so it was a 60+ day cycle, next cycle I o'ed on cd 27, then cd24...got pregnant on the third cycle last time. I think it's pretty normal for it to take a while for your AF to get back on track...especially with the ups and downs of nursing.

Well, of course, I have nothing conclusive to report. I got last night. Glaringly negative. This AM I did another...still negative. But now I look at the 12dpo am test after 30 minutes and there is definitely a second line that is even a little pinkish. I know I should just ignore it. But I keep comparing it to the evap line from last night and it definitely is pinker and more pronounced. Ugh. I NEED to get pregnant because I can't take this kind of stress. I wish I could be more zen about it all. I'll test again tomorrow I guess.
Isnt it SO frustrating obsessing like this??? I did it too, its so hard not too!!
What kind of test are you using?

I ordered some mroe vitex and other vitamins the other night. I've noticed since taking it I have lots of pink spotting, and ewcm, but no sign of O. And FF just gets me excited when it says possible O, but I know its really not... sigh... look at this chart, what a mess! LOL

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/859cb

I had af back by now with my last baby. Whats going on? Jack is almost 14 months now.

anyway, back to my quiet self, just wanted to check in here.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:41 PM

Of course I got the 3-pack of tests and got a bfn yesterday afternoon. Well, I'll go again tomorrow with fmu but I've lost my ummphh. SO tired of the whole ttc scene and wanting another so badly. At least we are all in the same boat, it helps me so much to read what you all are going through.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Beth...me too. 11dpo and BFN yesterday morning and this morning with FMU. I have the 20miu strip tests too At least my LP is longer than last month. I was only 10 days last month...and no spotting or sign of AF yet, so still hopeful.

I am wondering if the universe isn't telling me it isn't the right time and I need to concentrate on finishing my dissertation (close to done) and maybe moving to another city since we're unhappy here. I just don't know. It's been 7 months since my miscarriage.

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 5 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014, ectopic loss @ 6 weeks 11/2014
Old 04-12-2005, 05:58 PM

I've got the 20miu sticks too....sadly my sore boobs and lightheadedness are fading away so I expect AF in the next couple of days. But I'll keep testing because I have 25 of them!

I remember the torture of trying to finish my master's thesis very well. I did all my classes by like 1994 and I think it was 1997 before I got the degree.

You know what's odd...I just don't get why TTC gets to be such a big deal for me. I've got these two wonderful little girls to focus on...and my youngest isn't even a year old. I think I just have an obsessive personality.

I've got my fingers crossed that one of us gets the over the next few days.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:45 PM

We are going to start trying again, probably not until the beginning of May, but I did want to add my name to the list, I nursed Zachary while TTC #2 (Max) and ffeelt that the boards, prayers and support helped make # 2 possible.
For #2 I went for accupuncture, unfortunately we moved and are no longer near anyone who does accupuncture, so I won't have that "help"
All the more reason for needing extra prayers for #3!

Thanks ! amanda
Old 04-13-2005, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry about the reboots, and the bfn's. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you ladies, tho (it's not over 'til it is..).
Pipermomma, what are you doing poas at 4 am?! Is that when you usually get up, or could you just not stand it? (or are you in a different time zone?) Can we see the faint line and obsess with you?
Jaime, have you done an hpt just in case? I know chances are slim, but at least you'd know (and us too, lol). But it's true that the first few pp cycles can be wacky. Mine were short, but wacky, and probably anovulatory. Hope things get back in gear soon.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Hello all. I thought I should jump on here quickly to explain why I just disappeared last month after announcing that I had finally Od (I didn't O, BTW).
We took Presley to her 6 month post-op eye exam on Wednesday, March 30th and the dr found significant regrowth which prompted him to schedule surgery for Friday, April 1. She came through this (her 4th) surgery beautifully and they didn't even have any trouble with the IV this time (of course, she's much bigger at 10 1/2 mo than at 4 mo. The dr anticipates 2 more surgeries this summer, then maybe JUST MAYBE we'll be able to put this horrible nightmare year behind us.
As far as TTC goes, we are in such a quandry. Since Presley's condition is congenital, we are apprehensive now about bringing another child into the world to suffer through surgery after surgery. On the other hand, our older dd has a very similar condition which has not caused her any trouble other than a mild astigmatism and NO surgery. I am really feeling like THIS is the reason I have not resumed cycling yet. I started cycling at 6 weeks pp after Peyton, but God had other plans for us this time. I think he is giving us time to think it through.
I took my doula training workshop this weekend and it was SO awesome! This career move will either fill the void that not being pregnant (or having more children) is leaving, or it will leave me pining for another baby of my own. I'll give it a shot and see, but I truly feel like this is my calling. The whole weekend was so spiritual and healing for me.
I'll probably not be around much, seeing as we are not TTC right now...
Thank you all for the love and support you've shown these past few months!
Darci

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
Old 04-13-2005, 06:21 AM

Could you add me to the list?

My name is Tammy (frogmorest) and Olivia is still nursing (22 months) and Madeline nursing occasionally (43 months). As of April 13 I am 10 dpo

Tammy
Old 04-13-2005, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabry
Sorry about the reboots, and the bfn's. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you ladies, tho (it's not over 'til it is..).
Pipermomma, what are you doing poas at 4 am?! Is that when you usually get up, or could you just not stand it? (or are you in a different time zone?) Can we see the faint line and obsess with you?
Jaime, have you done an hpt just in case? I know chances are slim, but at least you'd know (and us too, lol). But it's true that the first few pp cycles can be wacky. Mine were short, but wacky, and probably anovulatory. Hope things get back in gear soon.
Gabry...I get up at 5am, I'm on eastern time...not sure why the post said 4am...I don't remember getting up that early this week. I am a WAHM so I can get a lot of work done in the early morning. Right now, I'm waiting for my 13 dpo 20 miu POAS to cook.... I don't know how to scan the sticks PLUS I'm done obsessing over yesterdays evap line...okay, going to look... . My temp is still up today which means I've got a nice long LP so I'm going to try to be happy about that. AND I o'ed on CD16 (last PP ovulation was on CD47) so that's something to be happy about.

Tammy. Are you going to test this week or just wait AF out?

Darci, I'm glad the surgery went well. It's interesting how mother nature takes control of things. I bet you'll feel settled in your decision one way or another before AF comes.

Sorry about all the reboots...I'll be joining y'all soon. Good luck to anyone testing soon...we need a December baby here!

Old 04-13-2005, 07:45 PM

well, I got a bfn this morning at about 16 dpo. So, I've stopped my progesterone and should see af anytime. Getting frustrated. This next cycle is number 5. I've been pg 4 times with all my m/cs and always gotten pg in one or two cycles. Well, I'll be spending the next few days feeling sorry for myself and eating crappy food. But, I'm trying to also spend time appreciating what I have, a great kid! Thanks for all the shared experiences.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry Pipermomma and Beth about the bfn's. (btw i am on central time, so that explains it)
Sorry Darci you and your family are having to go through all this, esp. your dd of course. Glad things went well. Hope you are at peace with whatever decision you guys make re. ttc #3.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:37 AM

Ok, what does it mean when my temps are way low? I mean, mid 96s pre-O and 97s post-O? I keep looking at everyone's chart and being so impressed with your temps.. Am I just frigid? LOL (Not a chance with MY job... ) I'm not sure about my chart... I keep discarding temps trying to make it look like a normal chart, but I'm thinking I may be anov.

Piper- about ppaf, I got mine back in a SUPER wacky way after DS1. Seriously, I would have 2-3 month cycles. When I got pregnant (in July) my LMP had been in May and the ONLY way I knew about when I was due (we don't do ultrasounds) was because DH's sumbarine had been in port for a 2 week period in the middle. About a week after they left I was having REALLY strange dreams so I tested... BFP. I had started doing Vitex in May in anticipation of DH's return, but DS2 was in a hurry. :LOL I was NOT complaining. But now I'm nursing TWO, and something isn't letting me do the Vitex yet. Kinda funny, but as much as I want a baby I'm just not ready to try that hard yet. YET.

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

Old 04-14-2005, 04:09 AM

I _think_ I just O'd! Yippee.. just waiting to see if temps stay up and what not. http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/9f778 The chaste berry seems to be helping my cycle so I'm happy about that.. Now to hope my luteal phase gets longer!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 04-14-2005, 04:52 AM

I want to have the strength to wait for af... and yet... I'm grocery shopping on saturday so a couple of tests just might find their way into my cart

User Tag List