Nursing Mamas Getting Pregnant in May - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 221 Old 05-20-2005, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Nichole,
I didn't really notice a difference using prog. cream the first couple of months. The one cycle I had a chemical pregnancy I had a lot of breast tenderness, not just when nursing. So I don't know. What kind are you using? I had femgest. I don't think I was using enough, but now that I know how dreadful my progesterone levels are (and that was WITH using prog. cream for a couple cycles) I doubt a whole tub would have helped. I hope you get better results!!

If you use fertility friend go to the "home page setup" under "sharing" and it gives you the URL for your chart. I don't know about ovusoft.

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014. BFP! due 6/26/15- maybe ectopic, maybe not viable. Waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 221 Old 05-20-2005, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't help w/the question about progesterone.

If your chart is on fertility friend, go to 'sharing' on their toolbar, then to 'home page setup'... they'll walk you through it & give you a url address. HTH!
#123 of 221 Old 05-20-2005, 06:14 PM

Congrats Kristin!!!

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#124 of 221 Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepymama
yeah...the word "perimenopausal" has even been bandied about. come ON!!!!

Did I mention I'm only 30????? Apparently the body starts to shut down after 28, according to my (ex) OB.

I hate, hate, hate it that they don't listen to me...my body worked just fine before my miscarriage, and peri-menopause doesn't just hit you overnight.

Well, <ahem> (doing my best to imitate the commercial) hormones can fluctuate as early as your 30s... grandma. I'm just sorry they are making you feel this way. As my MIL would say, "There's a poster child for Planned Parenthood"

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#125 of 221 Old 05-21-2005, 02:18 AM

OMG! I think I O'd!! please, please, I hope this is it!

I was using OPK strips, got a line almost as dark as the control, the next day waslighter, then tongiht, no line. Plus I had full ferning on the scope thingy, TONS of ewm, and today none. temp was up a bit.. SOOOOO. I hope this was it. We did it at all the right times.

ETA my chart http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/859cb
#126 of 221 Old 05-21-2005, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the input on the progesterone cream and charts. The progesterone cream I have is a natural prog. cream and I can't think of the name right now. I am assuming I will not see af unless I stop the cream, right? So then I would need to test when af would normally show and if neg., quit the cream? One more question....does the cream affect temps?

Here is my chart, not that it is anything exciting, just sharing because I finally figured out how! http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/8183d

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#127 of 221 Old 05-21-2005, 02:40 PM

I did O!!!!!!!! LOL I cant believe I am SO excited! My temp shot up all the way to 98 today, and that never happens! Plus with all the other signs to confirm! OMG, I am going to be a nervous wreck waiting to test now! In the past I always tested at 10dpo, so only 8 more to go! LOL
Guess I am gettting a little ahead of myself, guess I cant expect it to happen the first month.... I am just so happy that things seem to be normaling out. If I get pregnant now, my babies would be exactly 2 years apart, just like my last 2, which I really like, and what I would hope for now. I like having them that close.

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/859cb

Hmm, so if I ovulated 2 days ago, and there were sperm around what would be happening RIGHT now???
#128 of 221 Old 05-21-2005, 09:59 PM

I'm new in this thread...

I decided - just this week - that NOW is the time!!! I have an 8 month old and haven't gotten AF yet so I don't know if it is even possible to concieve... but I would really, really, really love to have another babe.

Nancy
#129 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 11:24 AM

I remain cautiously optimistic, but I just got a faint + at 10 DPO. I did test at 8 DPO (stupid I know) and it was neg., but just went back and looked at that one and there is a very faint line in it as well. Again, very cautious since it is only 10 DPO, and I've had 3 m/c's, but optimistic nevertheless. My 7 year anniv. is this Tuesday so I'm going to see if I can hold out until then before telling dh. It's just going to make him nervous anyway so why start the stressing any sooner then I have to? Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Welcome - Nancy!

#130 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Nancy... cautious (but REALLY EXCITED) congratulations, Nichole!!!
#131 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

I've taken 4 tests now (can you say obsessive?) so I think it is official. I'll be hanging around cause I want to see what happens and I'll keep doing the thread til the end of the month. I just want to say (for those of you who are superstitious like I was!) that I am the second mama (at least) in a row who got a while taking the thread for the month. :LOL Believe it or not that was why I did it this month - I figured it was a good omen. :LOL
#132 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 12:36 PM

I'm a day late on my period today, so I tested and got a POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!! After a year of trying and half a month of Vitex I'm pregnant!!!!!! Oh please, please, please let this be a sticky one!!!! Are there ways to help keep from having a miscariage?
#133 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

YAY, YAY, YAY, Lexymama... : : : : : : If there are things to do I would like to know too....
#134 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 01:41 PM

Congrats to you too sunnylady and doulanichole!!!!! Wow, this is a good month!!!!!!! My five year anniversary is next saturday. Wow, nice gift!!
#135 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 01:49 PM

Congratulations! Isn't baby aspirin used to help prevent miscarriage? I think it helps because some women have clotting problems and aspirin thins your blood. I think it's also supposed to help TTC because it makes your lining rich.
Janine
#136 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 04:15 PM

I take one baby asa every day at the suggestion of my RE who treated me for miscarriages in the past. My understanding is that you are right ratlover, it has to do with clotting issues...

Doulanichole, I know you are one of the lucky ones this month, but I'll just answer your ? about progesterone in case someone else is wondering too...I am using progesterone in the suppository form (again for tx of the many m/cs) and you are right, your AF won't come until you stop taking it. So, I usually test around 14 dpo and then sometimes stop it or sometimes wait another couple days and retest to be sure. I think it adds to the drama that I have to take a test every month and that is frustrating. But, who am I kidding, I'd probably be taking one every month anyway, who can really wait for AF to show up?

Like I posted several pages back, we are back in the TTC game after taking a month off. I'll O any day and then the obsessing will begin!

COngrats to lexymama, sunnylady and doulanichole! May we all join you soon!!!
#137 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 09:56 PM

Nichole, congrats! Keep up with the cream. In fact, use more!!! Are you doing anything else? I'm not even sure what else to do. My MW swears that the natural creams are just as effective as the stuff they prescribe, but I think I will beg for suppositories if I ever get a BFP again. I do think, like beth says, that oral prog/suppositories are stronger. The natural cream works more gently. (probably why it isn't really working for me). A BFP, faint or no, that early should be a good sign though!!

(I was going to answer your question...I got AF while using the cream, but with my wacked up hormones, who knows if that is normal or not??)

Lexymama,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you, I can't even tell you. I will be thinking about both of you and hoping for and healthy!!! I don't even feel jealous when I hear about long time TTCers getting a BFP...

although I think I've been trying the longest of everyone here now...

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014. BFP! due 6/26/15- maybe ectopic, maybe not viable. Waiting.
#138 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 10:03 PM

Congrats to all the ++!! Sure are getting alot lately! now pass the baby dust!
#139 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 10:45 PM

Just dropping in to say congrats!! to lexymama, nichole and sunnylady (isn't that cool that it happened hosting the thread?)!!!
Also, nichole, do keep using the progesterone. If your progesterone levels were low, you want to continue until about 10 weeks when the placenta should be producing enough by itself. But, of course, also talk to your ob/mw.
As to preventing m/c, I don't think there is much you can do. The low dose aspirin probably won't hurt, but as far as I know really hasn't been shown to do anything except in women with a known clotting disorder.
Good luck to all you ladies!

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06)
#140 of 221 Old 05-22-2005, 10:55 PM

Congratulations to all the BFPs!!

I rebooted today. But reading all this about the progesteone cream has made me consider trying it. Is there any reason not to do progesterone?
TIA

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#141 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:11 AM

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes!!!!

Since it took me a year to get pregnant this time, do you think I should be using progesterone cream? I've never been tested for progesterone levels.
#142 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 AM

COngrats to the newly expecting!
#143 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicitymom
I'm new in this thread...

I decided - just this week - that NOW is the time!!! I have an 8 month old and haven't gotten AF yet so I don't know if it is even possible to concieve... but I would really, really, really love to have another babe.

Nancy
Hi - I'm in the same boat and just started taking Vitex/B-complex - there's lots of good info and links if you read through this thread.

Good luck!
#144 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 03:28 AM

Lexymama, have you ever had a miscarriage? Unless you have symptoms of low progesterone (repeated miscarriage, short luteal phase, low BBT after O) I don't think it's necessary. It seems like vitex helped you and you might want to talk to someone about continuing that. I think it can help with progesterone production & my MW said I could keep taking it after I became pregnant.

I've also read that if you don't start using it right after O, it doesn't really help anyway. If you got a BFP, starting now won't really make much of a difference (unless you start to spot or cramp, then you'd want to talk to an OB/MW about it)

#145 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 10:28 AM

Thank you for the congrats and well wishes. I do intend to continue the prog. cream even though my chart has never indicated a prog. deficiency nor have I ever been told it is low. There is a lot of fascinating info out there on low prog. and how a lot of the symptoms of low prog. mirror those of a poorly functioning thyroid (weight gain/retention around the middle, lack of energy, etc.). From what I have learned, the rx you would get at the dr's office would be far more prog. than what your body can use which is why I chose to go the natural cream route. I do intend to keep taking it although I have seen conflicting info on when to stop - at 10 or 12 weeks.

One other very good sign - my nipples HURT when ds nurses! It was like he was jabbing me w/needles yesterday. A great sign since that didn't happen with any of my m/c's!

So glad I have this board for support! Although I do think I deserve some sort of award for getting pg on this board the most in the last year (4 times)! LOL

#146 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Thanks Becca... good luck to you too! Have you gotten AF yet? What do you think about the whole Vitex thing? I just don't know how proactive I should be... or if nature will provide. I am 40.

Nancy
#147 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM

I know Beth and I have pm'ed about this in this past, and I know she didn't make her decision lightly, but did want anyone who is considering taking baby aspirin to know that it does carry some risks. Taking baby aspirin during pregnancy has been linked to Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension in babies. They have seen a rise in it's occurrence since women have been advised more often to start aspirin therapy. I would like to say that it is rare, but a very close doula friend was at a birth where the baby was born with this and remains in the hospital over 5 months later awaiting a possible lung transplant. Don't want to scare anyone, just wanted those of you considering taking baby aspirin "just in case" to know that there are significant risks. Even after 3 m/c's, I wouldn't take it without a diagnosis of a clotting disorder and even then would have to really think about it.

#148 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:07 PM

It always worries me when I see people say "I'm taking baby aspirin to get pregnant", then others see it and just do it.... This sounds like something you need to discuss with your dr. NOT saying thats what anyone here is doing, but I have seen it on other ttc boards.

And actually, today is my sons birthday. He died of pulmonary hypertension, at 3 weeks old. He would be 8 today.
#149 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:09 PM

Apparently I am a post-aholic today, but I can't remember what I am supposed to be responding to. Vitamin E is supposed to help prevent m/c. Of course you have to consider whether or not you would be helping to sustain a pregnancy that normally wouldn't be viable and if that is something you want to do.

#150 of 221 Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 PM

Wow, thanks for all the great information. It is very helpful to hear all of it. My breasts and nipples are always extremely painful before my period, but now that I'm pregnant they are not painful at all. Should I be worried? Is that a sign of not enough progesterone? During my last pregnancy I had very painful ones.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page