Anyone else TTC a speciffic gender? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2005, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We want 4 kids total, we have 2 boys.

I'd be totally happy with 4 boys, but I don't want 4 boys to grow up hearing people tell their mother, "poor thing, no girls", or "are you going to try again for a girl" etc.

And I REALLY REALLY don't want a third boy to constantly hear, "Oh, good you FINALLY got a girl!" if #3 is boy and #4 is a girl.

So in TTC #3 I got this book "How to choose the sex of your baby" and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2005, 05:30 PM

I've heard of the book, even though I've never read it. But we did 'time things' with ds (baby #3, after 2 girls), hoping for a boy (had sex on the day I ovulated) - and here he is!

I'm pregnant again, and again we had sex on the day I ovulated - so we're waiting to see (in September, so that isn't much help to you ).

I do have a friend who has 3 boys, and just had a girl in February. They actually used the book (trying for a girl) with both pregnancy #3 (a boy) and #4 (a girl)...for whatever that is worth...

Good luck!
Old 06-19-2005, 03:31 PM

We wanted two girls and have two girls. We used the Shettle's Method the first time, and the O+12 method the second time. Good luck!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatremum
We wanted two girls and have two girls. We used the Shettle's Method the first time, and the O+12 method the second time. Good luck!
What's the O+12 method?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendenwitha
What's the O+12 method?
ditto
Old 07-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Moving this to TTC.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 07-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Here's a link to O+12 info.

http://www.in-gender.com/Sex_Selection/Oplus12/

I'm hoping for a girl this next time and am trying O+12. Good luck everyone!

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

Old 07-28-2005, 01:46 AM

I would like to have a girl this time around, but honestly a boy would be fine too so we're not going to actively try for either one.

I know Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a chapter on sex selection which uses the Shettles method. It does say it's harder to try for a girl than for a boy. Good luck to you!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear that about the O+12 method. I DID get pregnant, but I'm not sure what to say when people say, "was it a surprise?"...

You see, we took turns being sick early in the month, and were thus abstinent for quite a while, including on what I thought was the "girl time", (Shettles method) then abstained from sex during the "boy time," had sex only one time that month towards the very end of my cycle--when I thought I was infertile. (Really unusual for us to have sex that little, and we'd been TRYING for several months before that.)

So when people say, "was it a surprise?"

I answer, "Well, yes and no. We had been trying, but we didn't exactly buy that many lottery tickets the month we won."

I'll find out with u/s in another 6 weeks or so, if he/she feels like showing us.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:05 PM

We plan to use the Shettles method, beginning in a couple of weeks, to conceive a girl. Plus, we're also going by the Chinese lunar calendar, and eating a lot of fish and less red meat, just to cover all bases.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:15 PM

we've got three boys, and I HATE hearing "Are you gonna go for the girl?" And now that we're starting TTC, I know if i get pg I'm going to hear "Do you want a girl?" a million times.

'll admit, with my boys, I wanted boys. i never had a strong desire for girls, I relate to boys better, my friends growing up were always boys, etc. Now, I think i've mellowed and I've had lots of great expereinces with friend's girl in teh past year, so I'm more open to it. But in the end, I jsut want a healthy baby, I don't care about it's gender, yk? Liek you, though, I'm really apprehensive about the messages my kids will hear from other people
Old 01-16-2006, 05:44 PM

We will be TTC here in the next month most likely. Haven't officially had the "talk" with dh yet but he knows its comin'! We have talked about wanting to have a brother for our little boy. I too have never had a big desire to have girls but there is part of me that might think I'd miss out if I didn't have one. That being said, we are going to try for a boy using Shettles method. We are thinking of it as more of a scientific experiment though. Wow if it works. And what a huge laugh and it must have been meant to be if it doesn't work.
For what it's worth...
we weren't trying for a specific gender with my son but we were charting. Ds was concieved on the day I ovulated.

amy

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendenwitha
Glad to hear that about the O+12 method. I DID get pregnant, but I'm not sure what to say when people say, "was it a surprise?"...

You see, we took turns being sick early in the month, and were thus abstinent for quite a while, including on what I thought was the "girl time", (Shettles method) then abstained from sex during the "boy time," had sex only one time that month towards the very end of my cycle--when I thought I was infertile. (Really unusual for us to have sex that little, and we'd been TRYING for several months before that.)

So when people say, "was it a surprise?"

I answer, "Well, yes and no. We had been trying, but we didn't exactly buy that many lottery tickets the month we won."
This is exactly what happened to my parents when they were ttc my sister... my mom just told me the story recently, that they had been trying for a year, charting, taking temp etc and the monthe they conceived, she had been sick so their timing was totally off -- in fact they wrote that month off entirely!

My sister has never done anything on anyone's schedule but her own.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:47 PM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
:

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.

User Tag List