Anyone else have vivid pregnancy dreams long before you are TTCing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-24-2005, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi everyone.

I'm new to the mothering.com boards and I LOVE them to bits. I feel that they will help me out greatly when/if hubby and I are blessed with children so we can parent them "naturally". But right now we are in the waiting to TTC group because of finances and both of our desires to have me be a stay at home mom. It's just not possible right now with our money situation.

However, that doesn't stop me from having extremely vivid dreams in which I either give birth or am already a mother. In one dream I was mother to a 4 yr old and a 6 month old and we were getting groceries. Both of those children were girls. In another, I "gave birth" to a baby with head full of dark hair and she was a girl. (I say "gave birth" b/c that is what happened in the dream... but she came out looking like a 3-4 month old. lol). And then I had my most recent dream last night:

I apparently didn't know I was pregnant at all, and labor was incredibly easy and clean (so you know it's a dream right there, huh? lol). I gave birth to her in my old bedroom in my parents' house and laid her in a Pack'n'Play next to another much smaller baby. Unlike the prior dream where the baby had a head of hair, this one was bald. I then went to find my mom and tell her that I just gave birth and she didn't believe me at first, and still had trouble believing even after she saw the extra baby in the Pack'n'Play. And a bit later, my dad was tending to both babies b/c they woke up, and Mom and I had just gotten home from somewhere, so I wanted to go tend to my own baby and my dad acted a little upset about that. But they eventually gave me my baby and were OK with it.

Very very very weird. lol. If my dreams are this strange now... I can't imagine how vivid they will be when/if we actually DO get pregnant, ya know?

Andrea
Furmom to two cats Rainy and Tuxedo

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, ***4***8***12***16******24***28***32***36***40**
I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#2 of 2 Old 06-24-2005, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those are wild dreams. Before dh and I were even married I used to have very vivid dreams of having twins. Interestingly when I got pregnant a number of years later, we didn't have twins- just one dd. And as crazy as it is, I don't remember having a lot of vivid dreams while pregnant. However, now that we are ttc #2, I'm having vivid dreams of a baby boy.

Enjoy your dreams- especially the ones with easy labors.

peace,
Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page