Luckiest 2ww Ever!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2002, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Karen - Congratulations! I am wishing much stickiness for you!!

I, on the other hand, and horribly disappointed to report that I think AF is on her way. I started spotting today, and am now having cramps. This is becoming so extremely difficult for me! This will be my 9th failed IUI!! What is wrong with me?! Do I have horrible karma? Is there some greater power that thinks I should never be a mother? I am stretched to my physical, emotional, and financial limits to achieve motherhood - I have never wanted anything more in my 33 years! This is so unfair! Sorry - I am really, really in the dumps right now.

I hope all of you are faring better - I noticed that AF found a couple of other people, too. I feel bad that they aren't pg this time around, either. Best wishes to the rest of you still waiting. I don't know how much longer I can put myself through this.

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2002, 04:54 AM

Kelly,

I am really sorry to hear your news.

I don't know what to say, and I am sure that there is not much I could say that could be remotely helpful...... but I just wanted you to know how grieved I am for you.

I can feel myself wanting to go into problem solving mode to brainstorm ideas to encourage you and keep you going.... if that would be at all helpful, I volunteer.....

But I also know that sometimes it is just as important to be present to the sadness and to the pain....

I wish for you the company of whatever/whoever comforts and nurtures you....

I will be thinking of you.

kathybird
Old 11-30-2002, 06:20 AM

I haven't read all the previous posts, sorry. That's so selfish of me.

But can I just say that

I hate all this waiting! I think about it 24/7.

Old 11-30-2002, 10:51 AM

It's 6:40 am here, 10 dpo and my DP was up all night reading pretty much this whole board..... she found it helpful and was glad to see how supportive this place is....

We've been talking over the last couple days to try and figure out when I could test and have us both be there without it being a major drama (by testing at my work) -- we had a free ept here from a box of opt's I bought over the course of ttc..... so we just tested.

It was a BFN.

We know it is still a little early, but we also know that we only have a 20% chance of a +, so we are working on wrapping our minds around this result .....

We'll test again on Wednesday at 14 dpo as a confirmatory test before I go off the progestrone suppositories..... (or maybe with a blood test on Monday so we can send the RE the official lab results).

This sucks.

good luck to the rest of you all in the 2ww.

kathybird
Old 11-30-2002, 12:49 PM

Argghhhhhh!!!!
The old red hag is back. I am so sorry for the rest of you in crampville with me.
But Karen! Whooo HOOO. HOOORRAAY. I am so thrilled for you. I hope this one is THE one.
Maybe I'll head off to do some more shopping. Retail therapy y'know?
Love to all and may the christmas spirit bring us better luck next cycle.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:23 PM

Sorry about AF, branwyn, kelly, RasJane...that sucks
birdwomyn - keep your hopes up! Good luck on Wednesday.
Karen - Congratulations!!!

I'm still waiting....I have about a week to go.
I agree with you PumpkinSeed, I try really hard not to think about it to much, but heck, it's always there.
Bye, ladies; have a good weekend.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:58 PM

I have officially entered the 2ww. I put it off as long as possible. I am not sure if I am 2dpo or 7dpo. Just waiting now.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:58 AM

Congrats Karen,

I'm at day ten and negative, I'm trying to be positive, but it's hard, do I just feel fat and tired or is it something more. I'm going to try to hold off a few days but no promises.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
Old 12-01-2002, 01:17 AM

I'm so sorry AF found you, branwyn, kelly, and RasJane. I'm either 6dpo or 4 dpo, so I won't be testing before a week from Monday. Ugh, I'm really starting to hate this!:
Old 12-01-2002, 07:22 PM

So sorry to those that AF found, extra little hug for you Kelly ....it doesn't get easier...I wish I had the right words for you...but I don't....
My aunts and uncles were in town this weekend, and I found myself crying because I want another baby so much, and yadda yadda...they all hugged me, and said kind words.....I just can't believe I lost it like that!!!!

Pumpkinseed, I this is my last ww...AF is due on Thursday the 5th...so only 5 days left.....

Peace,

mamasoleil
Old 12-01-2002, 08:26 PM

Ho hum. Just got back from our Thanksgiving holiday, had all the pregnancy symptoms and was planning to test T-giving morning, but AF showed up the day before the big feast. Put a damper on our holiday. I've been doing everything so right. Just having such short LP's, I guess it's the nursing. Of course, our close friends called to tell us they are expecting a baby, their third. I feel lucky to have one beautiful boy, but want another baby so much.
On a lighter note, congratulations Karen!!!!

I will check in with everyone more personally later, I just wanted to come and boo hoo a little.

Steph
Old 12-01-2002, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamasoleil

Pumpkinseed, I this is my last ww...AF is due on Thursday the 5th...so only 5 days left.....

Peace,

mamasoleil

and to everyone else. My AF is due dec 9th so we will see....
Old 12-02-2002, 01:00 AM

(((((Steph)))))

Pumpkinseed, thanks sister. I checked my book, and of course I was right on, today is cd24, and although I"ve gone 33 days, more often than not, it's 28 day cycle...so...got my fingers crossed, begging the universe to let the union begin....

to you to!!!

Arduinna~are you in the 2ww yet????
Old 12-02-2002, 03:20 AM

I think that I am officially a 2wwer. This feels like the millionth and two 2ww!! Maybe that's a lucky number.... My dh had a *brilliant* plan this month that we bd every day after af left. until she comes again I'm a little po'd that he doesn't give any credit to what I have learned about ttc. But on the other hand, I know that we will not miss the day. I am anxiously awaiting the end of this 2ww though.
Wouldn't it be great to start the new year off knowing that you are bringing a new life into it? My fingers are crossed for us all!

On another note: Congratulations Karen!!!! I echo the sentiment of hoping this is a sticky pg!

Kelly I'm sorry that af found you again. I hope that 10 will be the lucky number for you.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:25 AM

Welcome butterfly!

Hope these 2weeks go by quickly for you, *try* not to obsess too much:
Old 12-02-2002, 03:28 AM

OMG you guys are troopers! Good luck, when do you expect NOT to see AF?

Quote:
Originally posted by butterflymaiden
we bd every day after af left. until she comes again
Old 12-02-2002, 03:37 AM

I think actually I'm a trooper, dh is quite happy! :
My no af day is 12/15 or there abouts- and I'm not sure that I'll be able to follow his plan for the whole time. I'm hoping to have clear signs of pg really soon so I can stop this madness. But that would probly be at least a week from now sooo... onward soldiers.

Where are you at in your 2ww? Any good obsessing yet?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:58 AM

8 days left for me, 5 days left for MamaSoleil and Arduinna is on a 40 day cycle (have you O'd yet Arduinna?)

We should start a december 2ww...
Old 12-02-2002, 04:00 AM

Ok Butterfly (or shasha as my ds says), please start a december 2ww since you are right in the middle of the month...
Old 12-02-2002, 02:45 PM

Hey butterflymaiden, I like what you said about your husband deciding to do it every day. What is it with men? Why don't they realize we have a pretty good grasp of what's going on? It's pretty hard not to know what ewcm if you got it.

My husband insisted we buy a clearplan fertility monitor. Those little suckers are expensive! And it really burned me that he didn't believe me. I knew when I was ovulating for crying out loud.

But then I realized(takes me a while) that he just needed to feel some sort of control over the situation. It took me about 8 months to realize that he grieved every month we didn't concieve. It wasn't just my loss. I was too egocentric, but that's another story.

Anyway, I did want to give the monitor a tiny plug. It doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know, but for some reason it seemed to take the burden off. Instead of thinking "I think I ovulated today", the monitor says Peak, and you know you will bd that day, and you will the next day, and then it's over. It took some of the unpleasant obsession away. And when you've been trying for a long time, any break from the obsession is a good thing.

It is most assuredly coincidence, but I did concieve my 2cnd cycle with the monitor. So I will now happily sell it on ebay. I really shouldn't post. Once I get started, I can't shut UP!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Well, I'm on CD28...but I don't know how many DPO for sure, despite having the Ovulens. I had trouble getting enough saliva some days, and even when I did I never saw the whole lens fill w/ferns as shown in the brochure; I had patches of ferns and scattered individual ferns surrounded by empty space. At least there were SOME ferns, and I eventually managed to recognize them after a couple days of "Why does this look so squirmy?" The some-ferning lasted all last week. I plan to test on CD35.

to all who are out of the 2WW this month!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Old 12-02-2002, 04:25 PM

Stay strong EnviroBecca!!! I'm trying so hard not to test, I also do not know how many dpo I am, two possibilities are the 22 and 24 of november...

********************************************dust
Old 12-02-2002, 08:22 PM

Hi Mamsoleil and Envirobecca! Here we are again. Fertility Friend says that ferning can last for several days, so i think the crucial thing ios the first ferning, and then the "peak" ferning-the little patches of ferning after the peak are no big deal. What a relief! So, witgh that information, I think I'm 8dpo. Not feeling anyhting here, just crampy like I always am this time of month.
I am not testing until Sunday!!! (If I can hold out that long). :

-Tuli
Old 12-02-2002, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck to everyone still in the 2ww!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

Old 12-02-2002, 08:40 PM

{{{{ KELLY }}}} My heart bleeds for you, what a disappointment :-(

Envirobecca, this was my first cycle wiht the ovulens too and I found it pretty confusing, mine never looked exactly like the pictures either. But I also got out my kiddo microscope, from when I was a kid and used that to confirm. The microscope gave beautiful ferning when the ovulens still looked like 'hmmmm, is that ferning? or is it not? It doesn't look like pics. But maybe it could be anyway. WAAAH!' LOL I had partial ferning before and after full ferning, check my chart if you want to know how many days.

17dpo now and still think my chart is totally whacky! The only way I could convince fertilityfriend that I indeed ovulated on day 17, was by overruling it LOL http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/13f56/

I have been obsessed with pregnancy tests, and they still give my positives! Totally unheard off, I would get real faint lines and then the lines would be getting even fainter or disappear and I would miscarry. Dare I hope? I put the tests on line for whomever wants to obsess with me http://www.geocities.com/~plomp/PgTestObsessor.html . I just got a new computer and haven't got my graphics software installed yet (mostly because it is a bit lost LOL), so I didn't shrink the pic as I usually would have, sorry about that. But OTOH, easier to see the different lines this way.

I was supposed to go in for day 3 bloodwork today, because this new cycle was supposed to be a testing cycle. I tried calling them, but they were in a meeting, so I went in anyway and was able to change it to a quantitative hcg instead! Will hear nrs tomorrow afternoon, please send high high high number vibes!

Patience and BFP vibes to all still in the 2ww!

Karen, 4w3d and very very hopeful!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:34 PM

Yay Karen...good sign...
now
for
my
news

I just took an HPT, even though I'm not due until Thurs with AF at the earliest...but my boobs are HUGE...well...
I got the faintest line that you can barely see...but after taking so many...I KNOW IT"S ++++++++

I will take another in 2 days...and it should be darker then!!!
YAY YAY YAY YAY
Old 12-02-2002, 09:49 PM

mamasoleil

Congratulations!
Finally after all your waiting, A BIG FAT POSITIVE!!!
Maybe this is a Lucky 2ww, I can't wait to join it. I should O on Friday and we are bd like crazy! Send some of your potent baby dust our way.

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
Old 12-02-2002, 11:13 PM

That is sooo great!!!!

I just knew there was a reason I can't stop reading the ttc boards. I swear I've been waiting for you. I think it's because our kids are close to the same age. My son was born Oct 7,1999.

Congratulations!!! It couldn't happen to a nicer person!!

Yay mamasoleil!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 11:39 PM

Thank you so much Luckymama!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:07 AM

OMG!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! :2 :2

User Tag List