Trying to Concieve with PCOS...July already?!? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 07-27-2005, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ooh, Good Luck Adina!

Ds and I got back from Texas late on Saturday, and I'm just now feeling like I'm settling back into our routine. I contacted our clinic yesterday, and I'm to start my lupron shots on the 2nd to start our FET cycle rolling. We're anticipating the transfer to be around the 25th of August. This is just so different from the last time we were ttc. I had been going to an Re for a year and a half, and I was in mind/body support group. Outside of the formal setting, the other ladies and I (about 8 of us with different fertility issues, but all going through IUIs or IVF, etc.) would at a minimum get together for dinner once a week to support each other and vent. I just really wish that I had more of a support network here. The only people we've told is FIL (because he's helping us with the funding and very supportive) and my sister (she'd currently pg with twins from IVF from a different fertility issue). All the rest of our friends and family here have no clue! We tried explaining the infertility the first time around, and most of them didn't get it then. They're having an even harder time understanding now that we have ds. They all have this idea that I'm fixed. It drives me mad! And, I think the BCPs the RE put me on to keep my body in a neutral state in anticipation of the FET are seriously screwing with my head. I'm so emotional. I just feel like crying at the drop of a hat. AUGH! Ok, I guess that's enough about me. Thanks for letting me rant.

Good luck everyone!
#92 of 97 Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM

Hey Jackie! Good to hear from you again!!! It's really good news about your success w/the metformins!

So, I understand from posts elsewhere that Adina's retrival went really well! Yay Adina! Did you do your poas?

I'll tell you, I did not, but now that I am 7dpo, and 8 days post hcg shot, I am really DYING to test. My nurse yesterday told me NO, just like my best friend: they both have told me to go in for a quant on 14dpo, but HELL, that's a whole week away! HOW AM I GOING TO WAIT? Does anyone have experience here? My hcg trigger was only 250 of ovidrel, and from what i've read, it should be gone 7 days after the shot, so can I get away with poas on, say, Saturday? (10dpo)?

The cramping has seemingly resided now, chart looks ok... bbs still very tender, but that's been true since before o this month! low belly is feeling... firm (ok, so I'm a little fluffy down there, and firmness is a new sensation!)...

if it's not completely obvious already, i have NO idea how i am going to make it through the next week.

dh even brought home a book on parenting last night - this is a BIG deal! We're both so hopeful this month, I am getting scared!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#93 of 97 Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Hey ladies...sorry, I forget that I have fertility news strewn across the board! :LOL

I had retrieval yesterday. They got 18 eggs. I am sore today, but doing better than yesterday.

Embryologist called today...
of the 18 eggs, 16 were mature, 1 was immature and 1 was already degenerating.

Of the 16 mature, 14 fertilized, 2 were abnormal.

So there are 14 fertilized eggs dividing away. I will get a call tomorrow about 10 am that will tell me how they are doing and what day we transfer. We will transfer either Friday or Sunday. I am hoping for Sunday, because the day 5 blastocysts have a better chance of going the full distance.

I didn't POAS...i never got to stop at the drug store to get one. That's okay though.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#94 of 97 Old 07-27-2005, 02:23 PM

Adina~ How exciting! That's a lot of eggs dividing away! Good luck to you!

Celesterra~ Ugh, waiting a whole week more! Good luck holding out!

Momma2emerson~ Feel free to rant, that's part of what we're here for. Good luck on your FET cycle!

Jackie~ Glad to hear the met is doing well for you. And yup here's to another 20 lbs! Best of luck!

AF started today, so it should be interesting to see how this cycle goes. One more month and we'll try clomid, but for now I want to see how my body does at 24lbs lighter, and keep losing the weight for another month before diving head-first into full TTC. Of course, I'll still poas for the OPKs though, since I just can't help myself. :LOL
#95 of 97 Old 07-27-2005, 06:30 PM

Oh WOW!!!!
Adina, I am so excited for you honey...Been thinking of you loads and sending lots of positive, sticky vibes your way...

I don't have a lot of time for personals... : sorry ladies....
I have a good friend form MDC and her daughter coming over to play today...they should be here anytime...

So, here is a question...after they transfer, then how long do you have to wait until you find out if they have stuck??? Sorry for my ignorance...I just don't know squat about IVF....

TIA
#96 of 97 Old 07-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
16 days from retrieval to pregnancy test.

In my case August 11th. But don't expect me to share here until I have told DH.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#97 of 97 Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 AM

I created a new thread for August. I hope that's okay. Here's the link:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...34#post3547834

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page