30+ TTC 1 yearish JULY - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

I'm here! Waiting on ol AF who should be here tomorrow. I'm ready to move on to the next cycle. I'm thinking about asking Dh to get another SA and to ask his doc about the whole DNA fragmentation thing. I'm also considering Clomid with Pre-seed for the next cycle (not sur if I'm ready to jump on the Clomid bandwagon again)

For the newbies: we are ttc #2 after a m/c in December at almost 11 weeks. DS was conceived after three and a half years of unexplained IF and maybe failed treatments. He jusy showed up in my uterus one day. We were so thrilled to get pg again and then were totally devastated by the loss.

Anyway, a warm welcome to our newcomers and may your stay with us be a short one!
#62 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 03:59 AM

I'm here...sending everyone strong, huge hugs. I could use a few myself (still trying to be stoic, but it doesn't seem to be working tonight...it's just rough the first few days of my cycle).

M just realized he has a prostate infection (nagging pain in the region for the past few weeks) so I guess it may have been a male factor this month, who knows. He's on antibiotics now.

We've been flirting with babies right and left... all the little kids around us (at the park and the lakeshore) love Pinter -- and he loves them and goes over to say hi. Today, he went over and the baby (with the biggest brown eyes) just kept staring at us -- first at Mike, then at Pint, then at me. I could have gotten lost in his eyes. It was really beautiful, actually. But... bittersweet.

Argh. I keep telling myself it's better not to be pregnant when we move. But I don't really believe it. After all, we timed the start of our TTC efforts so that by the time we got here (to this move) we'd have an older baby already...

Oh well. Sending everyone my love! (As always, I haven't much to say except s Personals just don't seem to be my thing anymore... I wish they were.)

Warm welcome to the newcomers

And Belly Blessings to us all!

(Someone get a positive please... I need the hope!)
#63 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 05:18 AM

Wow, guess I didn't sign up for July!
Were back from our trip down to Oregon for the wedding. It was fine, and there weren't too many babies, thank goodness.

Ary I am thinking about you. I am so sorry about your loss~ moving on is NOT forgetting about your baby. I am so sorry this is so tough, I want us to be pg and holding a baby, and getting out of this forum!

I do feel like a little part of me has died lately, my hope is shrinking. Or, I'm starting to get numb, I'm not sure which. Especially as this is CD 3 for me, and I knew about a week beforehand that I was not pg. So, I start getting depressed about 7 or 8 dpo, because I know by then whether it took or not.

Welcome Mamabug! I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

Anyone here take Femara? Otherwise known as letrozole? I hear it is an alternative to Clomid, and since Clomid didn't work for me, I've been thinking about this. Anyone?
#64 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 09:15 AM

I'm still around...mostly lurking and hoping for you all! i'm not temping or even charting anymore cuz we are pretty set on the adoption thing but the adoption forum is pretty quiet, so i find myself here more often than not...
big stuff happening for some of you-best of luck...to everyone!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#65 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 11:30 AM

I'm here - in my mid 40s & TTC #3 18+mos.
DS (22 mos) is still nursing some
DS was conceived by doing zero.. had been charting for a while but took a break over the holidays & voila.
I have 1 tube/ovary left from severe Endo in my 20s & early 30s
so I am proof anything can happen

DD is in her 20s :LOL - yup - big age gap there.

I'm just stating my "infertility road" with the basic tests done (by a dumb Dr) but have learned SO much from the gals on this board & am seeing a RE in Aug....
who knows where that road will take me.

Velveteen & Alexis - (((((hugs hons))))))

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#66 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 AM

Alexis and Velvet, I'm sorry things are so hard right now. I think we've all been there. Usually those things come and go in waves so I hope it wont be too long til you feel better. Do nice things for yourselves if you can.If you've read the Red Tent, maybe you remember how all the women gather and eat sweets and do each other hair etc when they bleed. I wish we had something like that!
Alexis, a friend of mine swears that little kids couldnot stop staring at her both time around the times she got pregnant. She thinks they sense another being coming to this plane. Maybe your baby is not so far.

Yesterday I took a bubble bath for the first time since my LEEP and I was so happy I giggled like a five year old.

May we all find peace and hope today, if nothing else in knowing that we all care for each other.

hugs

M
#67 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Apparently my last meg got sent twice. Sorry!
M
#68 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 12:03 PM

Well wishes to you all : I know this is a long road but I do believe that if we can talk to others that understand it makes it a little bit easier

We ttc for almsot 4 years for ds #1, with ds #2 I got pg right away then m/c, was told to wait to try againg ( yeah right!) and then got pg the next month with ds #2. This time around it is just not happening, we have not been using protection since #2 was 2 years old, and he just turned 5.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on the progesterone cream. I started using it this month, one a day on different areas. Is this correct? I bought it from Arbonne and there were minimal directions. And also should I use it all month or jsut part? Thanks for any help!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#69 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Hi women, I'm still here, reading along but not posting much- similar to Alexis I think I'm getting slowed down at the thought of doing personals all the time.

Welcome to the newbies- wishing you a short stay here unless you choose to stick around like me

Ary, I'm surprised you can only find acrylic type yarns where you are. Do you go to knitty.com? If you haven't already, you can do a search on their forums and look for a LYS that has a better selection. Also, there's always online shopping and us yarn whores, I mean, knitters can give you some recs of yarns you might like even though you might not have seen them IRL. Here's hoping you won't see ole AF tomorrow (or for another 10 months)

Happy Anniversary K98S02! Dh and I are celebrating our 7 year anniversary on Monday 7/11.

fenwickmama, best of luck with adopting your dc. Please keep us updated on how things are going.

Velvet,

Adina and Korin, thinking of you both as you start your IVF journeys.

Alexis, sorry to hear about M's infection (but glad he caught it and is getting treated), and an extra special for you.

Waiting4baby:
Quote:
ST was incredible! She is so sweet, kind, and easy to talk to. Her dh had the nicest energy, and was so thoughtful and caring - they are going to make amazing parents!!! Plus, their kids are going to be soooo good-looking - they are a hansome couple!
This is exactly what I thought of you and your dh! I felt like we had known each other forever! Your soul is very pure...I could feel that. I think that's why I had that little vision. It still makes me smile. And now I wanna come to Seattle!
I'm glad you had a great time in NYC...and you left right when the humidity kicked back in. ugh.

Johanna, are you still making cloth mama pads? I'd like to talk to you about purchasing some if you're in the business of selling 'em.

I know I've missed some people, but know that I'm thinking of all of you (I just can't see everyone's posts since I last posted).

#70 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 01:12 PM

Hi all, I’m here, too... checking in with y’all on cd1. Like Velvet described above, I think this month there was just too much despair during the 2ww. This whole journey is feeling very heavy lately. I’ve been checking in on you, though, and sending my best thoughts your way.

This morning dh and I met with the RE, and got the GonalF for this month. 2 months is all we get for injectables; she said if we’re not pg by then, it’s either IVF or a lap to see if there’s something wrong (like adhesions) with my remaining tube, which was clear on the HSG. At least there’s something of an end in sight: IVF is not an option right now.

Ary, I also understand how those losses linger while ttc. I know that our little Luz is a part of my life now, but knowing that we conceived only that once in 5 years is so painful. I wish I was holding that little babe today... she’d be 8 months old.

Yesterday I knew from my temp drop that af was on her way, and I was really feeling low. I felt so scared about the injectables. Today, I just feel kind of numb. I told dh this morning that I am sick of this all – I hate that it’s all resting on me. If we’re not pg by August, I’m throwing in the towel.

thanks everyone, for being here and sharing your lives and experiences. it's such a comfort.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#71 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Celesterra, Af is starting for me too. I'm just ready for it to come on full force already. I'm feeling very emotional about this cycle, and am trying not to bite the heads off of unsuspecting bystanders.

Yesterday I took DS to gymnastics. I really don't like the new teacher and it's always been a tough place for me since one of the other moms was alos due July 4th (she just had her baby). Anyway, the new teacher says to me, "Is he your only one?" To which I reply, "yes"; then she says incredulously, "You don't want any more???!" To which I responded, "We lost a baby, okay?" She was quiet after that. I really wish I could have been more gracious, more together. . .

Mamabug, we have similar stories. Did you ever have a diagnosis for your ttc woes with DS #1?
#72 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary99
I'm feeling very emotional about this cycle, and am trying not to bite the heads off of unsuspecting bystanders.

....Anyway, the new teacher says to me, "Is he your only one?" To which I reply, "yes"; then she says incredulously, "You don't want any more???!" To which I responded, "We lost a baby, okay?" She was quiet after that. I really wish I could have been more gracious, more together. . .
Hey Ary,
Your sentence above describes exactly the day I had yesterday! It's such a lonely, desperate place.

And about the "is he your only one" question... wtf? I really don't understand how people come up with the things they say. I think your response was totally appropriate - maybe she'll think twice before saying something so idiotic in the future.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#73 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 02:53 PM

I'm here too.
33- almost 34 TTC 21 cycles. Doing natural (ie no drugs) cycles with IUI due to male factor (ASA - antisperm antibodies) Will start IVF cycle after August period...
BTW - the urologist told us that the most common cause of ASA is prostate infection. of course R never had one.

For those just beginning the ART road, as we head toward IVF, honestly, I've never felt more relaxed, detached or hopeful. Sounds bizarre, but it's true. I plan on posting about in my LJ later.

to everyone

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#74 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 03:18 PM

We get some really mixed responses when we do mention that we are TTC AND those people know how old we are :

a few have even said, "Do we really want to do that @ our ages?" :
then I have to :LOL :LOL ... & forget about their silly comment.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#75 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 03:54 PM

I'm here and feeling a million times better than earlier in the week. My neice is gone so I get a few more minutes of computer time now She was starting to miss her mom and dad the last day or so so she wanted extra cuddles.
#76 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 09:46 PM

I'm here, I'm here! I'm 33, soon to turn 34 (like Korin!) Dh and I will have officially been TTC #1 at the end of August. We had 1 m/c a year after TTC, and have been diagnosed after lots of tests with "unexplained" infertility. Possible 2nd m/c about 8 months ago. Two rounds of clomid/IUI (Feb/Mar) before I developed an ovarian cyst from hyper-ovulation and the RE discovered a uterine polyp. I'm having the polyp removed in a few weeks and dh is going in again for a SA. THEN, we can try 1/2 dose clomid/IUI for three cycles. Makes my head spin even to type it up!

djs_girl - So glad you are feeling hopeful!! That's so much of what keeps us all keep'in on!!

Adina - Ugh! No a/c during 5 weeks of bedrest?? You have anyone who can come and just fan you all day. Agggh!!! Hope the weather cools for you and nice breezes flow!!

Korin - I'm glad you are feeling relaxed and hopeful! It's got to be quite a break from all the other feelings we women have here - hope you become a quick IVF success story!

Polka and Ary - Aggh! Why can't people keep their opinions to themselves???? Maybe they just have foot-in-mouth disease - or maybe they need a good shin-kicking!!

Celesterra - Is gonalF the next step up from clomid? Please keep us updated on how the shots affect you - we will be your sounding board!

ST - You are so very sweet! I keep thinking of your vision every day - dh was very touched when I told him. It makes us both very happy! I'm so sorry the humidity came back - I hope it leaves soon. : We really enjoyed NYC but were so happy to get off the plane and have mild weather!

Mamabug - I'm so glad to hear you had #1 and #2 even after years of TTC! It sooo gives me hope! I can't give you any advice on the progesterone, because I take the micronized suppositories. I'm sure someone else has some experience.

May-lilly - Baths make me happy too! I'm taking a bath tonight after a hard week and so looking forward to it! I could not imagine going without them . . .

Velvet and Alexis Sometimes this is so very hard . . . it's so unfair! I too go through cycles where it feels like something in me has died, and it's hard to explain to others who don't understand. So, I am sending you good thoughts and thinking of you both!! I am so glad that you both chimed in to tell us how you are feeling . . . I felt so welcomed when by both of you when I first joined MDC and am glad I can send some support back. Both of you are so amazing!!
#77 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Ack!!! No only 5 DAYS of bedrest! :LOL 5 weeks would be unbearable!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#78 of 378 Old 07-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Administrator

First shot down.

not to bad.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#79 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 02:18 AM

Sending you positive vibes Adina ~*~*~*~*~*~

No I never did get a diagnosis. Dh was fine, I had all manner of tests, including the dye test and they could not tell me anything. I did try Clomid for a while but that didn't help. I was ovulating very late ( O on day 35 when I got pg with #1, Dr didn't beleive me when I called to say my test was positive ) but with testing the eggs looked fine. We were just about to try insemination with my also getting shots when I by some miracle got pg.

I don't tell anyone we are TTC because at 37 they think I am nuts. Dh is almost 42 and he is getting unsure of how long more we should try so I am hopeful that if it is too happen it happens before he shuts the door.

#80 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 AM

Adina - I'm glad it wasn't so bad. I'm thinking about you lots and sending you the most positive vibes I can muster

I'm 28, DH is 30 and I have a 5 year old from a previous relationship. We've been TTC for just over 2 years and sue to lack of $$ and insurance coverage we aren't very far in the world of testing/treatment. I did, however, procure some Clomid and have tried a low dose for this cycle. I'm 99% sure that's what they'd do for me anyway considering that even though I do progesterone monthly to have cycles I'm still not pregnant. We're hoping for this cycle to be it considering that we will be apart for nearly 4 months while Brett is attending the police academy. Plus, if the Clomid doesn't do the trick I'm sort of tense about what we'll have to do next (not the treatment itself, just the money we don't have). I'll be very sad if we have to wait a long time to do anything. I'm looking forward to getting things paid off and being able to finance testing/treatment and/or adoption. Instead of getting comments about being too old to have babies I'm tired of getting the comments about being too young to worry about not getting pregnant. Tired of the "you're not even 30, you have nothing to worry about it." "you can stress out after 40" Well, we have been timing things perfectly for 2 years now (except the time we were apart before I moved up here) and I'm still not pregnant. People like to talk about what they think but often times forget that they may not know everything about a situation. Until we can test we're in the dark about the why's over our infertility. Its very frustrating not knowing the why about it. Thus far I've been looking at the infertility in both ways of spirituality and physically. I have my fertility doll, blessed amethyst and a couple other things all by my bed. At the same time I'm willing to do ART in order to conceive. Everything that means I might be able to get pregnant

I have found this group of girls the most awesome support during my time of TTC. I have loved to see some of these thoughtful girls graduate and have babies and just hope the rest of us can join the bandwagon soon. Its nice to have people around who truly know what you're going through. I don't know what I'd do with out you ladies

Side note here. A co-worker of Brett's (and our friend) just found out his fiancee is pregnant. They live like 763 miles apart and she came to visit for 3 days. BAH!!!! Of course I am crazy happy for them and I think it will do amazing wonderful things for them. He's already so supportive! He's applied for rotational so he'll be there 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off as soon as he gets it (we won't do rotational because we cannot take the $10 per hour paycut). I'm happy for them, but it just reminds me of my own infertility Meh.

Thats about it in my world... Oh, and I'm entering into my fertile time. CD11 (well, looking at the clock more like CD12) So lots of pawning off the boy on Brett's coworkers for stolen moments Its okay. Pig LOVES it!

Sorry for the lack of personals but I am reading and thinking of you all

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#81 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 11:36 AM

Ary: that gym teacher is an idiot and I think there's nothing wrong with the way you answered. She'll think twice about asking those questions again.

I'M NEVER AGAIN ASKING SOMEONE WHEN THEY'RE GETTING ENGAGED/MARRIED/HAVING KIDS/BUYING A HOUSE ETC...

I also suggest we make personals totally optional. I feel overwhelmed when I try to do a lot of them. Usually I try to send one or two personal comments but this place is really somewhere we should feel free to be self-focused without fear of judgment or recrimination.
I think we all know we're reading and responding as much as we can or are comfortable with. I know for me that's good enough.

7dpo...hoping...hoping...hoping.

The friends with 2 kids are descending upon us today. Send me clam vibes. I hope I'll still have a chance to come here but who knows....

hugs to all

M
#82 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 11:37 AM

yeah, clam vibes.
me like chowdah

I meant calm. to quote Jonhanna : meh.
#83 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by May-lily
yeah, clam vibes.
me like chowdah
Is it bad that I'm still chuckling? :LOL

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#84 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 01:25 PM

Ok, do you see what I see , or are my eyes just screwed up from seeing the bright white no line for so long?
#85 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 01:30 PM

I SEE IT!!!!!

Adina, glad the first shot wasn't too bad.
#86 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Administrator

I see a second line my friend!!!

#87 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 PM

woo Hoo so I am not going blind I am trying very hard not to get excited since I am now spotting. I always spot by 10 dpo so I am hoping hoping hoping hoping that if any hcg is going up, it does it fast so I dont start bleeding tomorrow. Short LP's suck.
#88 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 03:02 PM

I see a faint line too

Oh... May-Lily, I agree, personals should be optional. I tend to respond to people directly when I can, but don't feel obligated to. I try not to only post about myself, but sometimes that happens!

I'm 8-9 dpo, not sure, since I'm not temping, but did the OPK/IUI.... so should bleed next wednesday or thursday. I've been really tired lately, probably due to the pollen in the air making my allergies active. I've also been a crafting freak check out my knit blog for pix! I plan on sewing all day today (between vacuuming and seeing the house Angstmommy is gonna buy!)
Love to all

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#89 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 04:04 PM

I too see a second line. Fingers and toes crossed for you! ~*~*~*~*~*~

I am on day 9 of my cycle and dh leaves for the military in two weeks, I am really hoping I O before then. What a nice surpirse it would be to show him a positive when he gets home

#90 of 378 Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Hee hee....http://sheknows.com/about/look/4561.htm

That's my doc.

There is a pic down at the bottom.

And yes...My doctor's name is Dr. Bush. Fitting, no?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page