30+ TTC 1 yearish JULY - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 378 Old 07-03-2005, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here we are already in July. 2005 is flying by. Time for more graduates!
#2 of 378 Old 07-03-2005, 09:46 PM

WooHoo, new thread, new beginning for all of us

~Heather~
#3 of 378 Old 07-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#4 of 378 Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 PM

: : : : :

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#5 of 378 Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 PM

: : :
#6 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 03:25 AM

Hello all!!!

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#7 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 08:34 AM

:

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#8 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hey guys,
I'm taking a deep breath just to get through today. It's d-day over here, the day the baby was due as I mentioned earlier. I had all kinds of self-imposed deadlines about pregnancy or weight loss all of which are coming to a head today. AF is due in 3 days, and honestly, I know I'm not pg. I held out so much hope, but I won't delude myself any longer.

I just feel so empty and sad, but ready to move on in some ways. But, fearing if I do, the memory of the baby who I carried for a short time will be lost. I know this is more appropriately posted in grief and loss, but ya'll are my homegirls.

Here's to a more fertile summer!
#9 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 12:29 PM

Ary, this is absolutely an appropriate place to post this. I'm so sorry for your loss! I can't relate at all, but I truly believe that moving on will not lessen the memory of your precious babe. My thoughts will be with you today.
#10 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Ary, *HUGE HUGS* My thoughts are with you today, sweetie. Don't be afraid of moving on. It doesn't mean that your relationship with the baby is any less important or that you will forget your little one. Remember, we're all here for you

What are you girls doing for your 4th? I'll be sleeping all day. Schedule is SOOO messed up. There are no big fireworks displays here. Never dark. They do their big displays on New Years. Brett's on graveyards until he leaves for the academy. Which should be fun. :| At least I should be going home so go me!

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#11 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Ary99, I know how it feels. I hope your dh is extra kind today, and that you can find a deeper well of compassion for yourself.

I am also 12 dpo today, and feel like you do: knowing that I couldn't be pg this time. my own dh is driving me nuts, sort of blaming me for not getting pg b/c i have not been disciplined enough about the pcos diet/exercise plan. I am sick of it all.

AH, sorry for that. In better news, we just got back from 4 days at my parents' house on Cape Cod. We're tired and even a little tanned (even with all the 30 sunblock!). Just lazing about the house today. Anyone else getting close to testing?

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#12 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 12:37 PM

Ary - (((((hugs))) & love for you... We are here for you !!

DH is working today & that's fine... double time....poor thing is working his butt off & dealing with tons of crappy humans :

cd 10 for me... it's a month b/f we see a RE
I still don't feel great after my surgery & am not happy about it. Ever feel like a Dr does not like you b/c you challenge his info?

I hate those firecrackers that everyone around here shoots off. It takes weeks for my dogs to get back to normal.

I hope this summer brings some good news for some of us.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#13 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 12:40 PM

Forgot my update: ovulation is imminent. For some reason, I am infused with hope this cycle. I don't know why, and it's kind of scary - it's easier to be cynical because then it doesn't hurt so much when AF shows. But anyway, because of this sudden and suprising hope, DH and I have been GIO daily religiously - something we haven't done in a while. I should ovulate today or tomorrow.

: : for everyone!
#14 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 03:14 PM

: Happy July ladies. I truly hope we can close this 30+ thread after this month... I hope this rollercoaster ends soon for all of us. I'm somewhere in the early LP... Should bleed at the end of next week. I absolutley hate having to schedule my life around my crotch. Seriously, I have to look at the calendar before I make any plans for fear of missing an US or a blood test. Lets hope we get lucky!

I personally HATE 4th of July. I'm so sick of all the Shotgun Petes and the Firecracker Joes setting off fireworks all night long. For crying out loud!

Ary I'll be thinking of you today.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#15 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It would be so lovely if we all got preggers this month! It'd be the best. Then we'd all move onto the preg/due date boards together, what fun! I hope this 30+ thread become obsolete!

CD 10 and this is my first clomid cycle. No side effects at all. I think I'm loving this stuff and wish I'd tried it earlier.For the longest time I was afraid of it, first the price, then what it might do to me.Well duh it might get me pregnant. I love this stuff, mostly because it gives me renews hope that we might get pregnant this cycle. I just hope that the IUI is timed right and that it works!

For the fourth we do what we usually do, hange with neighbors and watch all the fireworks (illegal and awesome) out neighborhood always does every year.

Ary

Adina and others going through IVF, I'm keeping you in my toughts and hoping they work for you. :

: : Everyone

I really hope we see tons of BFPs this month
#16 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 06:41 PM

: everyone. I can't believe it's July. I have to say, I really wish this thread could be retired because everyone was pregnant too!

I have to tell you all that I had the lovely pleasure of spending the day with Waiting4baby (and her dh) yesterday and it was wonderful! What a great woman and mother in waiting! It would be so fun if we could all get together IRL, I think.

Thinking of everyone- those of you moving into ART more deeply and those of you not. May you be pregnant SOON!

I am just about 27 weeks along, kinda can't believe I'm looking at 12ish weeks left of this pregnancy. Hoping with all my heart it all ends on a positive note.

Ary, I'm sending you lots of good vibes today. I hope the anticipation was worse than the actual day for you.
#17 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the support, guys. It means to world to me that I have a group willing to acknowledge that our loss is real.

Korin, I too hate the Fourth of July. We have to sedate the dog and water the lawn for two solid days so our house doesn't catch on fire from all the fools who don't know what "outside the city limits" means.

DH has been extra kind today even in light of my extra -like behavior today. He has done nothing right in my eyes. Then again, no one has. I hit the yarn store and bought yet more supplies. I have an infinite number of projects to keep me busy although I seem to prefer the relatively easy stuff that I already know how to do. I have been doing lots of baby hats and booties which I realize sounds very "Hand That Rocks the Cradle", but it truly helps me cope knowing I am making something beautiful for my pregnant friends.

I think I'm going to try Clomid again next month. I hoping that in conjunction (what IS your function) with the Pre-Seed will do the trick (ha, who knows).

thanks again

Fertilly Yours,
Hil
#18 of 378 Old 07-04-2005, 08:49 PM

Dh is working today, but not until 10:30pm. But we're all sleeping (I just woke up for a potty break and decided to check the goings ons while the real world is awake) so its okay. I do wish he was home today because the last 3 4th of Julys have been awesome with him. One we stayed at my little apartment and lit off some cheesy fireworks (mostly sparklers) and then sat and relaxed in the back yard. It was so awesome. Then the last two years we did the 4th of July in Steilacoom doing their street festival, letting the boy ride on a pony, eating good food and then laying and watching fireworks go off over the water. Ah, good times, good times. I just have to tell myself being here means that we'll have more good 4ths elsewhere, most likely in our OWN home and Brett will be doing what he loves for a living. That's what its all about, my friends

polka- Brett got his double time from yesterday's shift (technically, it started at 10pm yesterday and lasted until 7am today). But he still has to work and I'm sure a whole bunch of people will need med-evac'd to Anchorage before the end of the day, from blowing off various appendages. Many drunks "celebrating." I'm sure he'll have a blast at work tonight!! Gotta love it! I'm sorry you feel so poorly about your dumb doc. I can't help but think it might be a good idea for you to switch docs (don't remember if we'd talked about this before). Either way sorry and I hope your dogs come out reasonably unscathed. Poor babies..

Jamie - I hope your timing is perfect and that you can get out of here (and bring us with you!!!!) :xfingersx

Annie - my first trip with Clomid too. 2 days of taking it thus far and no real reactions. I was all nervous about it, too! lets : that the timing for the IUI is perfect!

ST- isn't she AWESOME! I was lucky enough to have met her while in WA over my vacation last winter. Very cool girl! And 27 weeks already!? Time FLIES! I'm SO happy for you! You know all of our thoughts are with you!

Hil - No its NOT hands that rocks the cradleish. Its nice. I like to do the same thing. And for the same reason I THRIVE on going to births and assisting. Might as well help someone else enjoy their births. *sigh* I miss attending births. *sniff* We're doing the pre-seed/clomid this month too. Google preseed and you can find it for $19 with free shipping and 8 applications! (one of the first couple links)

Well, I'm going to finish up here and get my butt back to bed. I have the itchy eye, upset tummy that tells me "get to sleep!"

-=Johanna=-
#19 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 11:30 AM

Hello all

thanks for all the responses on the prednisone...I'm hoping to convince dh to try it next month if we don't hit the jackpot this cycle.

3dpo and hopeful because all my crazy little bargains for signs with the universe have been panning out...we'll see.

Ary, I'm thinking of you. I'm trying to think of some fun things to do in a couple of weeks when it will be my turn.

Well, that's it for now.

Hugs to all

May-lily
#20 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 PM

Hey with those of you doing clomid this month, maybe we can retire the thread with a BANG- multiples for everyone!

Johannna, I love reading your updates from the boonies. I can't believe there's no nighttime- must be so strange.

Yes, Waiting4baby is amazing!

Thanks for your suppport---time is flying by and dragging at the same time. I think lately it is going quicker, though.

Ary, what yarn and treats did you buy?
#21 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 02:43 PM

W4B is such a sweet woman. and she's lucky to get to meet you!

M - one more thing about the prednisone, the Urologist said they see the best results (which are spotty at best) at 9 months use. Which pretty much says it could be dumb luck. We wanted to try the steriods before IVF, just to show we gave it a chance. We're planning the IVF in september.... but hoping for luck! I know you don't want to do IVF, right?

Well today is our first IVF teaching... we'll see what we learn.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#22 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck with your IVF class, Korin! I hear they've improved things even since we did it almost 4 years ago (smaller needles, I hear)

I'm thinking of contacting Martha Stewart and suggesting that she start a new paint palate geared specifically for ttc women. She could start with "Negative Home Pregnancy Test White" for example. There is nothing whiter on the planet, is there? (WHY did I waste my money yet again????). She could move on to "Urine Yellow", and "My Eyes are So Bloodshot from Crying They Resemble Cherry Lifesavers Red".

I calculated that we have spent a minimum of $18,732 ttc over the past 7 years. I realize that is conservative to some, but invested that money would come out to be almost $30,000?

I knew it would be negative, but I still needed to put some closure on this cycle. Bah, humbug.

ST, I've having a heck of a time finding decent yarn around here. EVERYTHING seems to be coming up acrylic. I found a decent blend, but I've been searching for Lions Yarn Cotton Ease to no avail. I just bought some worsted to do a baby blanket with. Congrats on being 27 weeks, girl!

Johana, you must feel like you are in perpetual jet lag with the sun doing crazy thing. I think on your way outta Barrow, you need to stick up a sign at the airport reading "TURN BACK! UNINHABITABLE!"
#23 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Some of the needles are smaller....some of them are not. :LOL

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#24 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 07:25 PM

Just got back from the IVF teaching... Adina, you're right. Totally overwhelming. Bah.

#25 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 07:26 PM

Oh, Hill, I think you SHOULD call Martha with those paint colors. Cause that is some : :

#26 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Little bit huh? I am trying to remember how to mix all the different stuff....since I have to start on Friday and all....

#27 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 08:00 PM

Yeah. our docs office gives you this nice little check off calendar, that tells you what to do, when to do it and how much... should make things a little easier to 'swallow'. haha

#28 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, Adina and Korin, so are you guys geared up to inject yourselves??? It *does* feel totally overwhelming and with the cost (financial and emotional) so high you feel so much pressure not to mess up. Deep cleansing breath, ladies, you can do this!
#29 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 09:32 PM

Wait, are you 2 doing IUI or IVF?

#30 of 378 Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 PM

Polka, I'm doing one more IUI (after this cycle - just had an IUI last week) andthen I'll start IVF in August. Adina is on the IVF cycle now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page