Mothering Forum banner

Children as so special

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Aurora 
#1 ·
This happened about a week ago.

We told our little boy (2.5) that we made his baby brother this morning. He looked at us funny and ran to his bedroom. I went in the room and he looked puzzled. I asked what was wrong and he said "where is he mommy".

Kids are so innocent and precious, God Bless them.

Had to share.

Deb

#2 ·
They are awesome eh?
When I got the + on my hpt a few mts ago...I told dd there was a baby growing in my belly! She was so happy...actually her words were..."Are you so proud of me mama?"

Anyway...I've tried telling her that I made a mistake, that there was no baby yet, that we were going to keep trying...and just tonight...she was lying on my belly, and said "mama, the baby is eating in you tummy! She loves that spaghetti...just like me!"
I was hit by so many emotions!!!! By the time I do have a baby...she'll be thinking pg lasts SO long!!! :LOL

Mamasoleil

#3 ·
Awww, that's so sweet, Deb!

Mamasoleil, my daughter never seemed to really understand that I was pregnant. I actually started telling her I was going to have a baby inside me before I got pregnant. Then when I was pregnant and she'd bounce on me, she kept denying there was a baby there.

The other day I was telling her that we were going to try and have another baby, and it would grow inside my tummy (well, uterus, but I say tummy for ease). She got up and ran away, then came back carrying one of my old pregnancy tests. Wow, I remember showing it to her at the time, but I didn't realize that it made any sense to her.

#4 ·
They are so sweet!

When we got preg with dd, ds was only 14 months old and he didn't really get it. They are old enough now to be really excited! In fact, they ask dh and I all of the time where their baby is. I can't wait to be able to tell them that they have a new baby on the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.