What do you think? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-21-2002, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't missed a period but I feel horrid! I had those weird "ovulation type cramps" ( that's how I would describe them anyway ) about 5 days ago then increasingly I have become more bloated and feel like crap ...full feeling, nausa, lightheaded, sore chest. Some history I am 42 off the pill about 7 months (periods have been a little irregualr since) My 15 daughter had her period (we normally have them at the same time) last week... my partner and I aren't really have much sex...but I could have possibly concieved on the 12th ...
Did a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative...what do you think are these horrible symptoms ( I have NEVER had PMS) pregnancy or peri-menopausal related???
#2 of 3 Old 11-23-2002, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, sounds like pregnancy to me, but I honestly have no experience with peri-menopausal symptoms. I've heard that they can be confused early on, however. I'd say test again in a few days.
#3 of 3 Old 11-24-2002, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like my normal pms symptoms, but could be early preg, who knows? Seven months is borderline for whether bcps are out of your system yet, and could explain a longer cycle than normal for you. ANd, even though you never had pms before, the pill really changes your hormone situation drastically, and I wouldn't place any bets either way. I even got morning sickness when my body was adjusting back to normal after taking bcps!

As for menopause, I was on Lupron three years ago, and my menopausal symptoms were cold chills and hotflashes, dizzy spells, memory loss and general confusion, weight gain, severe mood swings, and itchy hive-like bumps on the palms of my hands. When you go into it naturally the symptoms just kind of creep up on you, and I've never heard of cramping as a menopausal symptom.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page