Trigger shots & hpt question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-23-2002, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my ovulation "trigger shot" nine days ago. It is simply an injection of hCG. Does anyone know how long it stays in your system? I don't want to test too early and get a false + hpt!!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#2 of 9 Old 11-23-2002, 04:27 PM

If you had the 10,000 IU of hcg and no additional boosters it should take 10 days to be completely out of your system.
#3 of 9 Old 11-23-2002, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Arduinna! I didn't get the whole bottle - I think she only gave me 5,000 units. But it's good to know - I'll try not to test before Weds. am!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#4 of 9 Old 11-23-2002, 06:49 PM

oh ok, well the average is 1000 iu per day for it to be out of your system. Sounds like your fine!!

Hope it's a ++++++++++++++++++++++++
#5 of 9 Old 11-23-2002, 07:03 PM

Kelly,

I'm glad that Arduinna was so helpful!

I wanted to tell you I am sending lots of love and prayers and baby dust your way!!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#6 of 9 Old 11-24-2002, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Awwww, Aurora, that's so sweet! Thanks! It's hard to be optimistic when you're so afraid of disappointment. I'm trying, though!

Arduinna - Thanks again! I am still going to try to wait a couple more days before I test.

Kelly

#7 of 9 Old 11-24-2002, 03:49 PM

Kelly, I know it's hard to be optimistic.

When do you plan on testing? I am waiting till Thanksgiving. 14 dpo. Oh!!! It would be so neat to test + that day, but so bad to see the -. Although, it is always bad to see the - huh?

Lots of baby dust your way!!!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#8 of 9 Old 11-24-2002, 06:05 PM

Kelly, just wanted to throw my +++++++ wishes for you into the mix!! butterflymaiden
#9 of 9 Old 11-24-2002, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, y'all. I am going to try to wait to test until Wednesday morning, before I leave to drive up to NY for Thanksgiving. I don't know - if I get a - at home, I'll still be wondering if it's just too early. But if I waited until 14 dpo, while I'm out of town, I don't know how well I would handle it. Maybe having friends around would help. Although, they are all still childless by choice.: Of course, if AF comes while I'm there, I'll have no choice but to face it!! How strange to be packing HPT and tampons in my suitcase...:

I'll be anxious to find out how all the rest of you fare while I'm gone - not sure if I'll have computer access while I'm there. I am SO wishing +++++ for all of us - I feel like we've shared so much emotionally here with eachother. Sure is nice to have you with me, and hoping we will all stay together in that OTHER forum .

Kelly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page