Just tried out my thermometer -- question! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-24-2002, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a thermometer yesterday. For fun I took my temp around 5pm and it was 98. Ds (2.5 yo) still wakes at night and our final wake-up time is variable, so I am just going to take my temp whenever I am woken up to see if I get similar readings each time.

Well...last night ds woke around 12:30 and I got up to bring him into our room. Since I had gotten up I didn't take my temp. Ds woke again at 3:00 and nursed and I took my temp around 3:15 (not quite 3 hours of sleep before taking it). It was 98.4. Then ds woke again at some point between 3:15 and 6:15 (our final wake-up time) so I didn't get a full 3 hours sleep before taking my temp at 6:15. My temp then was 98.8. After taking some covers off -- maybe 5 min later -- my temp was 98.2.

The temps are so variable. How will I ever get an accurate pattern???

Thanks in advance for any advice.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-24-2002, 02:55 PM

Every woman is different!
Just keep at it until you figure out what works for you. It won't take that long to figure things out.
For me, what matters most is how long I've slept rather than what time it is. For others, temps have to be taken at the exact same time, regardless of how long they've been asleep.
If I haven't slept long enough, I get really whacked temp readings, so I would discard the second two temps in your example. But, like I said, we are all different, and what works for you is probably not the same as what works for me!

By the way, if you are still breastfeeding, you might not ever get stable temps until you wean. Again, it depends on the woman. I had one cycle with very stable temps, and a clear indication of ovualating, but just once. Usually my temps jump up and down and I get a classic anovulatory pattern.
#3 of 3 Old 11-24-2002, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying, Stacy. I will keep taking my temps and seeing if I can make any sense out of them after I've been doing it awhile.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page