Help!!! I need suggestions for dealing with breast tenderness..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-24-2002, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all.....

I am in my 2ww and taking progesterone suppositories (because I had IUI and utilized fertility drugs to try and force ovulation) and my breasts hurt really bad.

The other times this has happened, the only thing that has helped has been to wear a bra 24/7 -- usually a tight fitting sports bra. My breasts are large and it feels like they are falling off but the nipple is somehow all that is holding them on... wearing the bra keeps them from "hanging" so much so they don't hurt..... Do any of you have this happen and have other suggestions besides wearing a bra 24/7? I am open to any suggestions..... I REALLY don't want to be grumpy about it.... it is just that it hurts so bad.....

thanks.....

kathybird

(waiting to test until December 4th)
#2 of 5 Old 11-24-2002, 10:15 AM

I don't have any advice, I'm afraid. I had that problem twice over my last 12 cycles (strangely, *not* when I was on the progesterone!). It was excruciating to take a shower! I did the tight bra 24 hours a day, too. It was the only thing that helped. Good luck!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#3 of 5 Old 11-24-2002, 01:36 PM

I took Vitamin E for years for breast tenderness, I'm not sure if it's safe for you right now though.
But it really worked wonders for the PMS soreness I had.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#4 of 5 Old 11-24-2002, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement.

I wrote that post at 6am ish when I had been rudely awakened by incredibly painful breasts and a terrible need to pee. I got up and put a bra on immediately --- and have had it on sense. About 7am I went back to be for the am suppository..... and when I woke back up about 11am ish, I was doing way better..... I guess I will just have to the the bra thing.... although I will check into the vitamin E.

The other times I have had this kind of breast tenderness, it has been PMS pain and not pregnancy

I have a very different kind of breast pain with pregnancy hormones. I am trying my best not to be too disappointed and just wait until AF comes or I can test....

kathy
#5 of 5 Old 11-24-2002, 10:50 PM

((((((((Kathy))))))))) Don't give up now!! It's still so early for you! The two times I *thought* I was pg over the past year, I had the terrible breast soreness, but AF always came . Not sure if early m/c or just in my head : . Anyway, now I have myself psyched into thinking that *unless* I have breast pain, I can't *possibly* be pg!! Now, logically that's a bunch of hooey, but it just goes to show how easy it is to fall into that trap when you're desperate for some positive sign. Hang in there, girl! It's not over til it's over -- give your eggs a chance!

Kelly

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page