Drastic times call for drastic measures...lol! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2002, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just ordered the Ovulens...and I am scheduled to get a dye-study called HSG within the next seven days. Hopefully it will clear up some answers about the status of the endometriosis...if it's spread, causing any problems...if it's done nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2002, 01:50 PM

Good luck with that test bb!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:12 PM

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 11-27-2002, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BBMom
I just ordered the Ovulens...and I am scheduled to get a dye-study called HSG within the next seven days. Hopefully it will clear up some answers about the status of the endometriosis...if it's spread, causing any problems...if it's done nothing.
Good luck with the HSG. I've had two of those (one pre-surgery and one post-surgery). Did they tell you to take some otc pain meds an hour or so beforehand? My procedures were not painful, just kinda uncomfortable -- it was really cool to watch the dye on the screen shoot through my uterus and fallopian tube and create a water falls into my abdomen. This procedure was also how they found out my left tube is adhered and totally in the wrong place.

My tubes were NOT blocked. Sometimes they use the HSG to unblock the tubes, that is why the pain med is a good idea -- a friend of mine who had blocked tubes found it really painful and ended up spending the next 24 hours in bed with really bad cramps (I was fine and went right back to work).

Good luck and wishing you clear tubes, a lovely heart shaped uterus, and two beautiful waterfalls!

kathybird
Old 11-27-2002, 07:53 PM

Heidi, I don't see how having a HSG will show anything about endometriosis, it shows you the status of your fallopian tubes. Of course, endo (and the adhesions that often come with endo) can affect your tubes. But a HSG definitely won't show if endo has spread!
Old 11-27-2002, 08:41 PM

Good luck, Heidi! Hope this will get you pregnant real soon!
I will have a HSG next cycle too, looking forward to seeing the dye shoot through everything there, I think I'll love watching that too, like kathybird.

Karen

User Tag List