No wisdom here, just hope. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2002, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! You don't know me, but I've been lurking here for an entire year. I conceived my son(now 3) on the first try. I also had a suprise pregnancy when my fertility returned at 20 months postpartum. I didn't even realize that I was pregnant until I was in the midst of a miscarriage. My husband and I didn't realize just how precious each little life is. We took it for granted that when we started 'trying' later that year that there would be no problems. Wrong! I've been charting for years, so I knew exactly when I ovulated, and timed intercourse accordingly. Month after month, no success. I tried everything. Chiropractic treatments three times a week, rrl tea, false unicorn root, guafenisen, elevating my hips for up to an hour afterwards, extra B6, more foreplay, less foreplay, Nothing.

I knew I was pregnant with my first son, because 5 days after ovulation, I had this butterfly twitching sensation in my uterus. I had it with the second pregnancy as well, but didn't realize it until after the fact. So, every cycle I'd analyze every tweak and twinge, hoping for that sensation. I'd search every site trying to find some chart that resembled mine. I tried to find someone who said they had no pregnancy symptoms, anything to give me a little hope for another day. I bought over a dozen pregnancy tests, and after a negative, I'd find a post by someone who didn't test positive until way late.

I know a lot of you. Our stories are so similar. We want nothing more than to wellcome another magic spirit into our lives. We know children are such an amazing gift, and it hurts to see how easy it is for some people. We're not jealous, we just get a little sad.

Yesterday, at 14 dpo, I got a positive. I had no symptoms, other than being late. Why now? What's different about this time? I thank God for teaching me patience. I've gone from being a know-it-all to knowing nothing. Another gift. I don't know why it happened, but getting to call and cancel my hsg for next week, and throwing away hubby's collection cup, were our best Christmas gifts ever.

I wish you all hope and luck on your journeys. Some are longer than others, but may they all have a positive destination. I really love you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2002, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Congratulations! What a lovely, heartfelt post!
Old 11-30-2002, 04:05 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a wonderful news! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9mo!

Karen
Old 12-01-2002, 03:27 PM

What a beautiful post!!!

Congratulations!!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:57 PM

Congratulations and Thank You.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:44 PM

Thank you for that!!!! New found hope...and congratulations to you....May you have a beautiful pg!!!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 02:07 PM

I'm just bumping this back up to the first page in case somebody hasn't seen this yet!
Old 12-04-2002, 04:45 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thank you for your beautiful post!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 12-05-2002, 03:37 AM

Thank you for sharing your story. We also went through a m/c after conceiving on the first try. It is beautiful to see how very appreciative and grateful you are to have this new life! My very best wishes and congratulations on this baby!

User Tag List