The One Thread July 31- Aug 6 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Phoebnfam, there is a setting in FF where you can check a box to not count any cycles you dont want it to in your calculations. I use it to not count my m/c cycles so it doesnt give me super long LP's.
#62 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 11:42 AM

YYAAAAAAY!! kyles'mom/Heather!!!!!
(keeping sticky thoughts coming your way ... maybe a sticky bean altar??)

here's hoping august is good all around - never fear nurselaurie, even if we all get pg there's always new folks every week! An empty board is too sad ...

of course you can visit any time scuba!

my temp's up again (of course it did go up last month, too ...)
#63 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 11:48 AM

OK, here's my chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/forum/chart.asp?id=sfgal

So that weird spike up to 98 happened the morning after I had a drink (a margarita at a party) (I am not TTC yet, so I am allowing myself about a drink every week)... anyway, I have noticed this before -- that my temps go up the morning after I have a drink. Anyone else notice this themselves?

I haven't started the OPKs yet, even though TCOYF thinks I will O in two days. I don't have any EWCM yet, so I figure, what's the point (I usually get some, at least a couple of days before O).
#64 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 12:29 PM

Does anyone get super emotional close to O? I'm grabbing at straws here but I'm so weepy today and I'm very sensitive (mood wise) to hormonal flucuations - you can only imagine what I was like on the pill

I can't pin my mood on the whole ttc thing either - I'm not down about it - a tad obessed but I'm not frustrated yet.
#65 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 12:34 PM

Heather~ I'm so glad you got to see a darker !

TryingMommas~ No, I don't think it was a cyst after all. I either O'd later than both I and ff originally thought, or I had a very brief chemical pg. I'm guessing it was just a late O. Glad you're feeling so hopeful.

FSM~ YAY! A faint line, and a temp rise! Things are looking good for you, mama. : for a darker line soon.

zion~ Your chart looks wonderful.

scubamom~ Many happy thoughts for tomorrow. I know you'll see a strong, healthy .

lotusblossom~ Thanks for the heads up about drugstore.com. I ordered pre-seed from babyhopes.com, and it was $16.99. Not too bad.

hannahmom~ My temps look like yours right before I O. There's still hope, don't be sad.

celesterra~ Hope the crampiness is lucky for you this month.

Thanks for all the nice comments, everybody. It is easy to be the queen O' personals when af is here and there is nothing to obsess over! : for a month of many bfps. It looks like we have 3 or 4 on the way!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#66 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:06 PM

holy cannoli! i go away for a mere 2 1/2 (okay, almost 3) weeks, and looky looky what's going on! i'm sorry i haven't been able to catch up yet more than peruse, but i wanted to send some congrats and mega-sticky-vibes to all these bfps!!!!

vacation was nice. i love the beach. i'm tired, though (family overload, i think), and i'm happy to be home. our ttc saga is completely uninteresting right now, since over the course of the entire vacation, dh & i had absolutely NO time alone together (i'm quite bitter about it, actually) ... so, anyway, i'm off the grid until next cycle. sigh. well, it will give me time to catch up on what y'all have been doing!
#67 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:08 PM

Ok...I hope I'm not jinxing myself. And I'll be able to take some more tonight when I can get to the drugstore...
but...

It looks as though you'll have to move my name.

I had a positive pregnancy test just now. I just felt like I needed to take it. And I did...and it said...

I'm Pregnant.

Holy crap. lol
Jenn

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#68 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:22 PM

Jenn, Heather, and FSM - Wow! Congratulations! What an exciting start to August!!!!

Woohooooooooo!!!!!

Lots of sticky vibes for you!
#69 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:24 PM

I have sooo many personals I'd like to do....I'll have to see how long I can type while dd and the puppy play. The puppy is really gentle and patient-it's just that dd doesn't remember to hug gently. She has a lot of love for him!

Heather-I am so excited for you!!! : for you and your little bean

meggles- : that this is your reboot for a BFP this cycle!

TryingMommas-I have my fingers crossed for you. Sounds like this could be it! I really hope so!

PheobNFam-your symptoms sound really promising!

FreeSpiritMama- : : : Hope you see darker lines soon!

celesterra-I am really hoping for you! There has been so much going on here that if I remember right you have a dr appt for a blood test later this week, right?

zion-: for you too!

My goodness it will be a busy pregnancy board full of such lovely mamas!

I lurk here daily and it makes me a little sad that I am having to wait to conceive....but I just can't stay away. I want to see all you get your BFPs. Hopefully I'll have a great bunch of newbies when I am ready to try again. I have been on my thyroid meds for 2 weeks now so in 3 weeks I get to go back to see how I'm doing. I hope hope hope my body will be ready but I am expecting that it will take a little longer. And reading up on hypothyroid is scaring dh (and me a little) and it is making him want to wait a little longer. What a journey. A year of trying and now the waiting game until we get to start again. Thanks for letting me vent a little.
#70 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 PM

Jenn- : :
Wow! I missed your great news while I was posting! Congrats!

oh and I remembered one more thing I forgot to post...it is a little off topic but UrsulaRose-hope you are having fun surfing! I started learning last August and it is so much fun and a great stress reliever.
#71 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 PM

so when i got to work today a friend on mine told me that she was 5 weeks pregnant and wanted me to do her hypnobirthing class for her. i told her about all of this craziness that has been going on with my cycle. she insisted that i test right then. so i did. and there was a faint line!!!! I am shocked and sooooo excited. apparently you have to wait the full 5 minutes for these tests we have. i was only waiting like 2 minutes the last couple times i tested then when i came back 20 minutes later it was positive.

so for me too!!! add me to the august list!!!

i am still going to test again with a store bought test to be sure. i just can't believe it!!!
#72 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM

Holy cow!!! All these pregnancies!!! August will be a busy month!

Thanks SurfMama, Twilight...and everybody.

Peace!
Jenn

#73 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:44 PM

JENN! After such a long cycle last time, this is AWESOME!!! You're a PCOS grad, so send some of that dust over here!!!

What did you do differently this month?

Looks like I'll be the lone one to stick in there until Thursday... All the best to all those double-liners, and much love to everyone else...

ps: i just went for a walk for my lunch break, stopped into a thrift shop and bought some baby clothes... does this speak volumes about how desperately hopeful i am???

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#74 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Jenn & Zion : : : : wishing you both a wonderful & healthy 9months

Welcome back luckymama, I 'm glad you had a great vacation

I am pretty sure mine is not a +ive DH just looked at it and thinks its a BFN, there is no colour in the line its more of a shadow. I'm not going to test until the weekend I have been today
#75 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM

Celsterra ~ Good luck for thursday & well done for holding out I wish I had! : & for you
#76 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Celesterra - I'll send all sorts of dust over that way.
I can't really say I did anything different. I've been going to the gym...I've been charting like a nut. And REALLY paying attention to the cervical fluids.

This is surreal.
Jenn

#77 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 02:06 PM

Congrats, Willowsmom and Zion!!! That's such wonderful news!

Welcome back, luckymama. This place has been busy!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#78 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 PM

And Congratulations Zion!!!! Yay!!!!!

What fabulous news!
#79 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 03:11 PM

: :

Congrats to all the BFPs!!!!!!
#80 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 03:41 PM

: : : : : : : :

: : :

Happy & Healthy 9 months to you ALL! You'll all have eachother on the April thread : , that's beautiful!

What a way to start to August!
#81 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 04:13 PM

Oh, Heather!!!!

: : : : :
: : : : :

I think it's a _really_ good sign that you're feeling it this time. Good luck with the hormone checks!

Congrats to all the other new BFPs, too! How great that you'll be taking so many friends with you through pregnancy!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#82 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Seems like August is a fertile month. Good thing. This is TTC month for me... IF i ever ovulate. I'm taking this as a good sign of things to come.
#83 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 07:15 PM

CONGRATS to all you BFP mamas!!! Reading about your positive tests make me want to test (yeah... only 7dpo here, and NOT going to test early).

I am REALLY feeling it this month. I've been getting crampy ever since I O'd (like, once a day or so... especially in the past few days). That's not normal for me, and with my "mama" radar going off... I have SUPER high hopes. I just don't want to have them all come crashing down, you know?

A really close friend (and neighbor) of mine is due March 17th. We'd both been trying for a long time, and each had a loss (I had an ectopic in March, and she miscarried in January). I feel really close to her, and would LOVE to share pregnant time with her.

I wish I could just KNOW for certain, right now. If only I could look into my belly and see if there is a baby starting to grow.
#84 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 07:40 PM

Nevermind nevermind...Mine was a false alarm. I realized in the middle of Walgreen's that I had misread my test this morning. I took another and sure enough it was negative.

I feel lke such an idiot. lol

ANyway...sorry.

Congrats to all of y'all who are pregnant. Good job on reading your tests.
Jenn

#85 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned

Well I'm out for this cycle

Oh well, at least the witch held off till TODAY

cool cool huh?

I couldn't read through all the personals. I miss a few days and wham...lol

I did have lots of fun tho, I'm just waiting on my parents to devellop the wedding photos.
#86 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

FreeSpiritMama and willowsmom. I am hoping AF stays away and those tests become clear BFP's later in the week.

Congrats ZION!!!!!
s s s s

Thanks RedOakMomma and everyone else for all the stickies and smilies We are casiously optimistic. I got my blood drawn today and have to wait for the beta and progesterone levels until the morning. : they all come up good so I can relax just a tad.
#87 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 PM

oh, Jenn... I am sorry to hear about your test. You're still in the running, though!

FreeSpiritMama, you too. What a friggin' rollercoaster this ttc is.

deep breath, everyone... deeeeep breath!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#88 of 221 Old 08-02-2005, 10:44 PM

Aww, Willowsmom, that really sucks. I'm still holding out for you!

#89 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 01:27 AM

Welcome back, pandora - how's it feel being a married woman? Congrats on the wedding ... I hope you still had a wonderful time despite af.

Wow - nurselaurie, maybe your dream wasn't so far off if these bfp's keep it up.

PhoebNfam - I know just how you feel. Part of me really does feel different this time (like I'm smiling inside, even if that sounds so corny) but I am worried about being too fixated/optimistic and then getting devastated if it isn't the right time for it to work and af greets me in 10 days or so. I'm trying to find that balance, but it isn't easy.

big congrats to all the new BFPs!!!!!!!!!
#90 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 01:29 AM

ok, more carrot madness here. i pulled one up that had merged with another and sprouted several twisting legs. i immediately said "this is an intercourse carrot! it's a sign" and my mil looked at me like i had lost my mind... well i don't deny it, this ttc stuff can get to you!
congrats to all the bfp's! you make it look so easy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page