The One Thread July 31- Aug 6 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also love TCOYF. I have been using it forever (since I have been obsessing about babies for years). for a long stretch I just used it to track when I would have my period, when I would get PMS, etc., but now I am using it to its fullest. It ROCKS!! it also can predict when you will ovulate in future cycles, so you can plan ahead (of course it is just a guess based on the average cycles you have).

Here's my chart: http://www.ovusoft.com/forum/chart.asp?id=sfgal

I decided to take a OPK and it was positive. so now I know what it looks like for when I am actually TTC at the end of september. Last night was hard though, since I knew I was at peak fertility...I was very tempted to just move up our TTC to this month!! But I was good. :LOL I want to be able to go scuba diving on my trip later this month, so no TTC for me until we get back!!
#122 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 02:42 PM

STW and other Ovusoft users - - how do you get the little thumb thingy over temps that should be ruled out? I have a very high temp from a fever earlier in this cycle and I can't figure out how to exclude it.
#123 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavournin
STW and other Ovusoft users - - how do you get the little thumb thingy over temps that should be ruled out? I have a very high temp from a fever earlier in this cycle and I can't figure out how to exclude it.
It will put the thumb there itself if the temp is in the last 6 temperatures (or the last 6 temps before O) and is very different from the other temps in that row. If it's out of those 6 temps, it doesn't matter for determining O, and it will not show up. It's the so called "rule of thumb" thumb.

If you just want to discard the temp, check the "disturbance" box under the temp in the fertility signs dialogue.

HTH!
#124 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavournin
Mine did it automatically for me. There is probably a setting that allows it to do this. It left it uncovered (no thumb) until this morning, then changed it to covered and lowered my coverline. I guess I had finally had enough lower temperatures to convince it that that one temp was out of whack. I am at work and don't have access to my program to tell you exactly what the setting is that allows it, though. Also, I don't know if it matters, but I upgraded to the "new" software last month.
#125 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 PM

minimoose explained it well.

minimoose -- I looked at your chart. I am so jealous of all the days of EWCM you get! I was actualy bummed when my OPK came back positive yesterday, because I had only had two days of EWCM. I feel like I usually have more. oh well.
#126 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks! It was very early in my cycle, so I guess it doesn't matter.
#127 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 PM

SaveTheWild- Thanks, but don't be fooled though, LOL!
This was the first cycle that I had REAL eggwhite, and out of those 5 days, only 2/3 were real eggwhite. The other two were clear and wet, but not stretchy. And I could only find the eggwhite internally, so I guess it looks a whole lot better than it really is, LOL!
So hang in there, and be glad you had eggwhite at all! I'm still experiencing the after pill effects and until this cycle I thought that I didn't get any ever!
#128 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 03:21 PM

Oh heavens. Best laid plans, and here it is Wednesday and I've missed 7 pages??!!??!!
Well, to all you BFPs out there!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
Jenn, how are you doing?? Hang in there.
Pandora - welcome back!
NYCVeg - good luck with those crazies. :LOL to your great visual!!
Morgan’s Mom & Pandora - I'm lovin' all the fertile veggie and birdie vibes! This is great!
Mavournin- how are you feeling? side still hurt?
SaveTheWild – enjoy your scuba trip!
I got to thinking a night or so ago that I might actually be pg, and what if I was, and then instead of being really excited, I got really scared for a bit. Like, I want this, but then ultra-reality set in. This ever happen to anyone else?
OT
Thank you all for your thesis support –
uptownzoo - I have already defended, now I just wait for the office to send back formatting issues!! So I'm done, pretty much.
minimoose – was it hard to get back to normal? I haven’t cooked or cleaned in weeks. . .
meggles - We went over to a friend's house to celebrate, and she had totally decorated, made a great dinner, got me a gift - the works! It was too sweet.
Happypants - the topic is brain activation (MRI) during movement, imagery, and observation of movement.
Hannahmom-I’m with you, I have to get dh to promise to smack me if I EVER consider a PhD. grumble, grumble. . .

Well, let's hope that all our reluctant dps catch the fever and help us out on our next tries, ok?
#129 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 03:37 PM

eorr- I'm feeling the same way you are. What if I am pregnant? How scary. What do I do? Crazy stuff like that. I hope my attitude does change once I find out if I am really pregnant. Scary stuff sometimes though. Before it was excitement because I've never had my temps do this before and now I'm afraid. I don't know why.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#130 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM

FSM and zion!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

i just got back from a 2 day trip, and man is this thread hopping! i am just going to jump right back in and say that i am 99% sure i got a positive OPK this morning with SMU. i used CBE, and the test line came up super fast--every other time i've used CBE, there's barely been a test line. we were visiting my old and sick grandfather in arizona, and i guess i was really stressed about the long car trip and seeing him, because i have never o'd this late.

oh, and i have EWCM too.

when dh called, i told him we had to gio tonight :LOL of course, now i'm bummed that i was gone the last two days so we haven't dtd since cd 14. i guess we'll just gio today and tomorrow and pray that will do the trick.

:

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#131 of 221 Old 08-03-2005, 04:39 PM

I'm hearing the freaky twilight zone music... We are not cycle buddies Liam's mom - we are cycle twins! (and before last night we hadn't dtd in 2 days either)

welcome back eorr! Now you have something entirely different to consume your life :LOL
#132 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 01:24 AM

Ok, I'm going to break down and test tomorrow w/ all ya'll. I bought a box that had to tests in it. One for tomorrow and one for Sat.
It's wierd, usually I get angry really easy if I'm PMSing. I dropped a whole bunch of dog food on the the floor and usually I would be cussing under my breath this time during my cycle and I usually think to myself I am definately PMSing. Well, all I got was a "Oh darn" and was actually ok with it, I'm in a really good mood besides feeling kinda yucky. Wierd. I like it! I think it's a sign.
Good luck everyone! : :

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#133 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 02:06 AM

Have fun tomorrow, ladies (I hope the testing party adds to the fruitfulness around here)

I am just w...a...i...t...i...n...g...
my testing party won't be until next Thursday (assuming temps stay up).

I was going to try and wait even longer, but Thurs eve we get on a plane to go to ME to visit family, and I'd rather find out with just me and DP first if I can (I know it might still be bfn then and + later).

Anybody a cycle buddy with me?
#134 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 02:16 AM

I can't keep up with ya'll! Congratulations to all the BFPs! That's so exciting!

Not much time right now; my sister is visiting (Yaaay!) and we've been up late every night gabbing away, so I'm tired and need to hit it. I'll try to catch up soon. And I'll definitely be here tomorrow to check on that testing party!

I'm happy today. I'm 11dpo, and even though there's no chance I'm pg, it is good to see my LP is not unbearably short. Now, if AF could just stay another day or two, I'll be thrilled!

computergeek2.gif

#135 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 03:18 AM

I got a definate this morning I actually believe I am pregnant now Please send me sticky baby vibes

After 1 year of TTC what did we do different this month!
Used Pre~Seed
Stopped green tea & EPO
Cut out soya
Drank Grapefuit juice
Practised only relaxation Yoga poses in the 2ww
(still taking B50 Complex & Prenatal)
Tried the SMEP but ran out of stamina :LOL

I am : you wonderful ladies all get your bfp's soon, lots of for everyone & thank you all for your wonderful advise & support

#136 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 05:13 AM

Yay Freespiritmama!! Sticky vibes to you!!

Can someone look at my chart? I'm starting to wonder here, and I've been chart stalking a ton of charts now, my temps after O, aren't they a bit too neat and consistant? I've not found any chart so far with so little fluctuation after O! Not thinking anything behind it, but I'm just wondering if this is normal? Or do I just have very steady hormones :LOL (like hormones can be steady!: )
Thanks!
#137 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 08:04 AM

You can add me to the August BFP list!!!

I just did an EPT digital, and it reads: pregnant !!!

I am so incredibly shocked! I can't believe this is happening to me !!

There's so much flying around... this is incredible!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#138 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 08:13 AM

OMG Celesterra! That's so awesome for you, but I so can't believe we have ANOTHER BFP!!!!!
Waaahooooo!
Small baby boom going on :LOL
#139 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 AM

minimoose - me neither! I honestly thought that all the other BFPs were boding badly for me... that's why I never posted the 3 faint BFPs I got on Tuesday and Wednesday!

But it's for real... I'm going to have a baby!

I can't wait to see how many we get in August!!!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#140 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 08:24 AM

holy crap everyone, it's crazy on this thread this week. best of luck to all those waiting and congrats to all the bfps!!!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#141 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 AM

Yay for the undeniable BFPs!!!!!!!! I got goosebumps from both of you

Still have a peak reading on the monitor - dh knows he's at my beck and call until my temp shoots up and the monitor says 'low' again hee hee... : that we catch that egg!

I swear I'm going to be popping in here all day - I'm dying to hear from everyone else who is testing I attribute this all to the fertility carrots :LOL
#142 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM

Wow! Congratulations to all the BFPs!!

#143 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM

Congrats, celesterra!

What are we stragglers going to do, now that you're all leaving us for the Pregnancy forums?
#144 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Banned

wow more BFPs! WAAHOOO!!!

I'm still visiting with the Hag today. Hope this is a good reboot and makes O come on a weekend. If not meh. Frank n I had a talk and he sais he can get a compassionate posting if we concieve after October through the Padre. He said it will only take an interview with me. my friend goes "So what will you tell the Padre? It's gotta be a good one" I told her "The truth, that I'm a sexual assult survivor and that I suffer from debilitating panic attacks and even can go violent if I'm forced to submit to a stranger poking and proding my genitals" She's like "Oh yeah that's a good reason"
#145 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 10:30 AM

Congratulations, again, FSM!!!

: : : :

: : : : : : : : : :

Congratulations,Celeste & Daniel!

: : : :

: :

Everybody here is so tired from posting smilie trains! Had to get one good one in for my sweet friend, who's moving on....:... so happy for all who are moving over to the April thread! Come back & dust us often! Give us updates!
Blessings, Kelly
#146 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 10:44 AM

cathysteck, if this happened to me (dropping the dog food) when I was pregnant, I probably would have just broke down and cried. But I guess everybody's body reacts differently to those hormones...

CONGRATS CONGRATS to Free Spirit Mama and Celestera!
I hope I join you in a few days with a BFP.

I had another high temp this morning. I think that makes my chart tri-phasic. What do you all think?
#147 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 10:54 AM

Ooh Pheobe - that's pretty!!
#148 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 11:36 AM

I got a I didn't think I would so soon! Oh my God! Trying to get a hold of my husband so I don't tell anyone else first!
I haven't read any of the other posts yet. I hope many more get a + : : :

#149 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 11:41 AM

MORE bfps!! omg, awesome, awesome!!

congratulations celesterra and cathysteck! sticky vibes to you!

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#150 of 221 Old 08-04-2005, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my goodness Celesterra!!!

Congrats FreeSpiritMama!!!

I am so excited you gus will all be on the April board with me!

I got my betas back yesterday and my beta was 66 which was very decent for 11 dpo and my progesterone was 25!!!! They want to see above 15 for a medicated cycle so thats wonderful I am on cloud nine and I am visiting in Ca and getting ready for my ds's bday party on Sunday so I am reading the list, but if you need to be moved, PM me please so it doesnt get overlooked. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page