missed period but neg pregnancy test? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-03-2002, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will admit I know nothing about TTC. I have been reading through all these posts and haven't found the answer to my question so I have to post.

I had 2 postpartum periods sept and oct. my son was 17 months and still BF. Now I have completely skipped my nov. period. I took 2 pregnancy tests this weekend and both were negative.
What do all you experts think? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-03-2002, 09:29 AM

well, two things:

extended breastfeeding, esp. night nursing, can affect your cycle. My periods were irregular for years after they started (at 6 mos. postpartum). I would skip or go long when she was nightnursing a lot for teeth or sickness or whatever...

pregnancy tests aren't 100% accurate; they are more likely to be false negative than false-positive tho'. The levels of the hormone measured just may not be high enough. Wait a few days and try again. Do you have any other preg. symptoms?

I thought I was pregnant many times through DD's toddler years. Now it looks like she'll be an only...
#3 of 3 Old 12-03-2002, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

hi, thank you for the info. It is nice to know that an increase in night nursing can change your cycle. I don't seem to have any other pregnancy symptoms that I can tell?I won't worry for awhile. thanks !!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page