TTC and the mini-pill - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-06-2002, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hopefully, dh and I will ttc next year! Yippeee!! Only thing, I'm on the mini-pill right now. I really don't like it b/c I have irregular bleeding, days of pms cramping, headaches, and nausea. So thankfully since we wanna get pg by March, this is the last month of it!

I was just curious about ttc and the effects of hormones on your cycle after stopping and the effects if I do become pg. I didn't take the pill for 4 years before we became pg last time. In fact we weren't really trying just aw, if it happens it happens. I just don't want to have to go through charting, temps, and charting and waiting. I want to just have the same attitude we did last time. Did anyone have difficulity becoming pg after using the mini-pill? How long did take? And, how long until I'm "normal" again?

TIA,

Stacy
#2 of 2 Old 12-06-2002, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I haven't taken the mini-pill, and I'm a hormonal freak anyway, so let's put my personal experience aside.... From everything I've read of women's personal experiences and medical articles and so on, my conclusion is: Women vary greatly in the amount of time between hormonal contraception and being able to conceive, and it's hard to predict what will happen. Sorry that doesn't help much!

I guess my advice is to have at least 6 months of pill-free frequent sex before you worry about it at all. At least promise yourself that you won't start obsessing and charting until April 1, if you're still not pregnant then. Just take a test every 28 days or 28 days after AF, whichever comes later, or before you plan a big drinking binge or anything else that should not be done while pregnant!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page