This is making me crazy... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-06-2002, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can somebody please tell me if this is normal or if I am, in fact, truly crazy?

When "baby fever" hits me, I go nuts. Until about 6 weeks ago I was totally content. My son was almost 1 and I thought we'd start ttc #2 in about a year. Then pretty suddenly I started feeling like I was ready to start trying. Now, 6 weeks later, I am completely obsessed with it. I'm even looking at the maternity clothes in Target! There are 2 problems with this- (1) I don't think I'm ovulating yet (haven't yet had a period), and (2) dh wants to wait a few months to start trying. While a few months might seem like nothing to a normal person (especially when I'm probably not even fertile yet), it feels like an eternity to me!

Am I insane or is this some kind of hormonal thing? Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#2 of 6 Old 12-06-2002, 01:25 PM

At least for me. Dh and I always planned on having kids 3 years apart. All was fine with that plan until about 2 months ago, we both got the fever bad, and are now trying, the kids would be (assuming I get pregnant) 2.5 years I realize that might not sound like a big deal but to us it was huge.

Starty trying and see what happens if that's what you want to do but I totally get it.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#3 of 6 Old 12-06-2002, 02:47 PM

Yes that is totally what happened to me!! We are not officially TTC yet, my youngest is only 9 mo!! My other two are 5 and 2 yrs. But anyway, like a month ago or something I was almost at the point where I would be happy having NO more kids!! Then all of a sudden, I started getting baby fever... I'm addicted to reading TTC and pregnancy boards!!! I love being pg and love labor/birth..........

I think it may be hormonal, somewhere I read that rising estrogen levels can spark "baby fever".. I've also had several baby dreams!

And I think I MIGHT have ovulated... my ovary areas on both sides are achy... I wonder why BOTH sides are achy? But we have been using condoms so probably no pregnancy...

I have been hinting to DH and looks like we may stop using condoms!! Yee-haw!!

Time to do the booty dance--

This reproducing instinct can be QUITE strong!!

Mel
#4 of 6 Old 12-06-2002, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

thanks you guys! it helps to know i'm not the only one. i'm thinking i might go buy an ovulation test. i've never done one of them before, but then my body has never been this wacko before.

good luck to yall too!

#5 of 6 Old 12-06-2002, 04:49 PM

When the instinct to create a new life takes over it can be a crazy ride! I am obsessed too.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-07-2002, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well drat!

We are putting off ttc until March 1, or whenever I ovulate around then. It's kind of stupid, but practical. I am a bridesmaid in 2 weddings in my hometown (which is a 6 hour drive from where I live now) a week apart in October. I would be miserable having to drive that far if I was 9 months pregnant or with a teeny weeny baby or if I had to miss the weddings. So we've decided to wait until early March. That way I will (hopefully) still be big and pregnant at the weddings, but at least I'll be able to go.

Hopefully I will be able to live with this plan. I'm starting to feel a little calmer about the whole thing already actually.

Good luck to you all and thank you for your warm replies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page