Over 35 and TTC -- Tribe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2002, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I thought this would be the best place to post this looking for my tribe of TTC women.

Just wondering if there are any others out there "just like me". And if so what you have been doing to TTC and how long and do you have any other kids.

Me I am over 35 and have one child who we concieved after years of IF.
PM me if you want to converse.
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2002, 03:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Well, I'm turning 36 next Saturday, and I'm currently TTC #2. I got pregnant with #1 when I was 31 and had her when I was 32. Best wishes to you in conception!
Old 12-09-2002, 11:16 AM

That would be me! I'm 38 and ttc. Have a 13 yr old dd and one loss 4 years ago.

Did you start a thread in FYT??
Old 12-09-2002, 01:29 PM

I'm also 38 and going to be trying for #2 soon. I had a miscarriage a few months ago and I just started cycle #2. I'm waiting for my progesterone test to come back before we try again.

I have an almost 4 year old dd who _really_ wants a baby sister (not a brother though-uh oh!).
Old 12-09-2002, 01:33 PM

LOL, my dd has also said "sister only" NO BROTHERS!!

I've told her I don't get to pick, lolol
Old 12-10-2002, 04:51 AM

Hey, Summerlover, sounds like we have some things in common. I had a pregnancy loss not that long ago, and I have a daughter who will be 4 in May and who wants a baby sister.

She also wants an older sister, because "kids have big sisters"
Old 12-10-2002, 03:06 PM

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
I am... drum roll please........ 45! And TTC #2! #1 is a Clomid baby and she is now 22 months old. I just started Clomid again this cycle, so I will let you know in about 2 weeks if it worked!

Gotta run right now... but I will be around! So glad that you started this thread!!!

Patti
Old 12-10-2002, 03:17 PM

Amy, too funny about the big sister thing! That's what dd says too. She's also pretty sure if the baby comes out with a bracelet, long hair and eyelashes it is a girl! Where she got this info. I don't know. Are you trying again already? It's such a rollercoaster of emotions after a loss.

Yeah for "older" moms!

edited to add- happy almost birthday, Amy!

Liz
Old 12-11-2002, 05:58 PM

I'm just about to turn 36, have a 28-old month old son, and hope to conceive #2 sometime in the next six months. I miscarried at 9 weeks in mid-October. Officially we're not TTC (want to wait a few months, as DH has just stopped smoking and we want his swimmers to be clean!), but now I'm wondering if I'll turn up pregnant this month -- after only one AF since the miscarriage (AF took 6 weeks to arrive). Needless to say, our efforts to wait aren't terribly strict...

Anyway, good luck to everybody and here's to turning that 35 corner!

darcy
Old 12-12-2002, 11:00 PM

Hi, i'm 38(wow, I still can't believe it) and I have a 2.5 yr old dd and we are currectly trying for #2. i had a m/c in August at about 10 weeks. We were really disappointed and heart brokern over the loss.

We are ready to have another baby and are hoping that this month may be the lucky one!

Robin
Old 12-13-2002, 02:32 PM

Hi tribe-grrrls! I'm 35 and have been TTC #1 since the spring, only to find out I've had a uterine polyp since, THE SPRING, preventing conception. So I had the polyp removed in November, and now it's time to TTC again. Whoo hoo!
Old 12-14-2002, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by seagan

Anyway, good luck to everybody and here's to turning that 35 corner!
Woo Hoo!!! That's tomorrow for me--December 14th.

Yep, I had the miscarriage on July 27th/28th, and got my first period August 28th. We started trying again in November, so this is the second month.

I'm curious about the miscarriage, since it sounds like the pregnancy had ended some time before all the bleeding started, and I'm wondering if that means anything.

Kind of cool that there are several of us with these common factors.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:37 AM

Well I'm turning that 35 corner in a few months - dh turned it long ago (he's heading toward 48.). I miscarried on Nov 24. and am waiting to see how long AF takes to show up. We'll TTC again soon - not sure when but not in the too distant future.

Good luck to all of us!
Old 12-14-2002, 01:09 PM

Hope are you coming back???
Old 12-14-2002, 03:21 PM

as in coming back like a bad rash?????
Old 12-16-2002, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hello,

Sorry to take so long to reply. My DD does not like it that I get on the computer. So, I usually have to post around her nap and sleep schedule.

I am SO glad that there are others out there with the same factors also.

I will continue to post this thread each month so that we can keep up with one another. I will post on FYT that we are here. I think it makes more sense for us to post in the TTC area rather than FYT area. If you have any thoughts let me know.

By the way my DD is 20 months old. We have been TTC "unofficially" since the return of AF which was about a year ago. But, I understand that when you are nursing it is "harder" but not impossible to get pg. But, we finished nursing a few months ago and have been trying. I say unofficially because I am not charting or doing predicator tests etc. We had to have a lot of help to concieve our darling daughter and assume we will have to again - so we are just trying to enjoy ourselves for a change

Thanks to everyone for posting. Please post again -- and for those one hundred lookers please feel free to post or PM!
Old 12-21-2002, 03:26 AM

We are not TTC again but we are thinking of TTC in the future. We aren't sure yet it's right for us. I guess that we're even talking about it is an important sign though.

I want to take 6 months to get back into shape and deal with a back pain problem (old injury exacerbated by pregnancy and baby-lifting, it nearly crippled me and I want it taken care of so I'm not debilitated caring for Dd if I'm pregnant), and I want Dd to be closer to 3 should there be another baby, so we're just sort of back-burnering things now. Call me crazy to put it off, I'm 42 and oddly not very worried about time pressure.

Dh says that according to Darwin's principle of Survival of the Fittest, the best babies come from the last eggs of older moms; those are the eggs with the most vitality to have hung on.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curious
Dh says that according to Darwin's principle of Survival of the Fittest, the best babies come from the last eggs of older moms; those are the eggs with the most vitality to have hung on.
ROFL!!! I must have been a great baby since my mom was 40 when she had me and I was her 5th. Then she had my sister, then 3 miscarriages, then my other sister when she was 45. Her 7th child. Technically that would make Emily the best of the bunch--naw, NO WAY!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:50 PM

Hi!

I just turned 35 on December 2 and dh and I have decided to TTC #2. We have a 19 month old dd.
DH bought me pregnancy tea and belly balm for Christmas! I am really looking forward to being pregnant again....

I will keep checking in here to see how everyone is doing
Old 12-28-2002, 01:43 AM

40 and approaching 41- in feb.- ttc#2- dd is 21 mos.- had m/c in beg. of oct.- 8-9 wks. along-
Old 12-28-2002, 01:55 AM

Dh is glad he was able to amuse. He admits the hypothesis is flawed when it comes to his younger sister, since it is clear to him (and should be to everyone else) that he is superior.:LOL
Old 12-30-2002, 02:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm 37 and TTC #2. We had #1 (boy) three years ago via unmedicated IUI. The dx, though unclear, was probably cervical factor. Now I don't know if that's still a problem, but of course I'm not any younger than last time. My cycles are speeding up (28.5 days down to 26). *sigh&

We've been TTC a few months now avail. I actually doubt we'll get pg w/o assistance. But we have decided against interventions and will instead probably look into adoption after a year of TTC. That just feels like the right call for us, though it makes me nervous of course. So many babies who need parents out there . . .

Best wishes to you all.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Dh says that according to Darwin's principle of Survival of the Fittest, the best babies come from the last eggs of older moms; those are the eggs with the most vitality to have hung on. [/B]
I wholeheartedly agree with this one! I had my BIGGEST baby (8 lbs. 12 oz.) at age 38 & 11 months AT HOME. And my midwife chided me through the whole pregnancy saying I was her "baby client" all the rest of her birthing clientele were all in their 40s
Old 12-31-2002, 02:38 AM

I guess i can join here now too. I am 36yo and ttc #7. Not very successfully yet, 6 miscarriages this year. But the next one just HAS to be the keeper pregnancy I have been waiting for!

Karen

User Tag List