False positives with EPT Certainty - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-22-2005, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had any issues with false positives and EPT Certinty? I am only 11-12 DPO but figured, "why not"? I took two seperate tests and they both came back positive. I was uncertain so went out and bought a FRE (which is a more sensitive test, yes?), which came back negative.

I called EPT and they said their test were 99% accurate unless I had a miscarriage recently, abortion or were on fertility drugs. None apply to me. I am still nursing though.

I can't get into the doctor today but was wondering if anyone heard about any false positives with the Certainty?

Thanks

Raquel
#2 of 4 Old 08-22-2005, 01:42 PM

Is that the one with the +/- sign? If it is, I definitely had a false positive with one of those last cycle, with multiple other tests from different (and the same) brands that were negative. I don't remember for sure though if the line showed within 10 minutes. There was nothing at 3-4 minutes or so, and then it may have been 15-20 minutes before i looked again, so maybe that doesn't count as a false + (just reading it the wrong way). Did yours appear before 10 minutes?
Hoping for you it's still positive (assuming you're ttc)!

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#3 of 4 Old 08-23-2005, 04:16 AM

Raquel,
I do not want to wake false hopes, but I had exactly the same thing. The lines on my first test were so very faint, I didn't believe it (especially not after 1.5 years of trying witout success), but I never even had a faint line before, so I ran to the store bought two of these early test and they were very negative. So I thought okay once again money spent on tests for nothing
But four days later I still felt very weird ( I felt like I felt after I injected HCG, but I wasn't on any fertility drugs that cycle), so I ran out and got two more test (the digtal kind, I think that was EPT) and two fat positves. Now I am 15 weeks pg and very happy.
So maybe you are just a little early, try again in a few days (oh, I know this is so hard to wait : )
I wish you soooo much luck,
Liane

me, wife and mama to ds ('06) and dd ('07), my miracle dd ('12) and surprise ds (5/14) and to plenty pets!

twinsbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif2/11, lost another twin brokenheart.gif 8/11

#4 of 4 Old 08-23-2005, 12:01 PM

OK I am pretty sure that the only thing that would cause a false positive
is a chemical pg, but if are late on af then that is not likly a cause. If you
aren't late yet then just wait and when you are a day late then go and
take another and see if you don't get a + agian then go to the doc. Good
Luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page