Pregnant Already??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping some of you more experienced moms or moms-to-be can help me. This is my first month off the pill. I'm on CD16 today (just counting from my last period). On about CD11 I started feeling strange - cramps, mild nausea, dizziness, etc. - and I'm still feeling that way. I'm not charting so I don't know what my temperature is up to.

Everything I've read seems to indicate that my chances of getting pregnant that soon in the cycle on the first month off the pill were slim or none. I was thinking it might be reactions to coming off the pill but I didn't have any reactions like the last few times I stopped taking the pill.

I'm not wanting to waste a test because (from what I've read) would be too soon.

Is this all in my head? Is it possible to get pregnant that early in the cycle? Any advice you have would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Kendall
#2 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 PM

My guess would be that it is just something you are feeling, well I don't want to say
in your head, but probably not from being pg. You never know though. If you are only
on cd 16 then you probably just Oed if at all bc coming off the pill it can take 3 months to start Oing again. If you did just O then your symptoms would not have
started on cd 11 bc chances are you hadn't Oed yet on that day. Anyways that is
my oppinion good luck anyways.
#3 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks EllyMay. I appreciate having somewhere to turn to with questions.
#4 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 01:55 PM

yourwelcome. I know what you mean I love having somewhere to turn when I feel
down or have lost hope and to have support really helps. My dh doesn't get all
the charting stuff and signs so he isn't much help.
#5 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks EllyMay. I talk with my DH about it, but we're both novices so it feels like the blind leading the blind. I don't have any girlfriends that I want to talk to about it. Either the ones I would talk to aren't pregnant or haven't had kids, or those that have kids told us at the 3 month mark - I guess it feels like they kept the "trying" process private, so it feels like I should too.
#6 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 04:03 PM

Hello! I'm very new to charting, etc., so I'm not terribly knowledgable about cycle timing, etc. However, I can tell you that DD was conceived about 10 days after I stopped taking the pill! I'm not sure if that's helpful or not.

Good luck!
Janey
#7 of 7 Old 08-29-2005, 05:53 PM

When I went off the pill my OB/GYN told me that theoretically you can get ovulate the next day. It's rare, but it happens. However, birth control suppresses so many of your regular hormones that you do feel different just from stopping taking them. I just had my Mirena discontinued and I felt completely different (in good and bad ways) within 4-5 days. Basically, I don't think there is a real answer, but if AF doesn't come back or the symptoms persist, head to a Dollar Tree (if you have one near you) and get the $1 pregnancy test

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page