40+ and TTC September, come on over!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 659 Old 12-23-2005, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just know I got PG tomorrow 21 years ago. And I am due to O today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed. LOL

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#362 of 659 Old 12-23-2005, 01:53 PM

Darcy-I think we're going to wean . I love nursing and ds certainly does, but I don't want to take any chances at wasting fertile time. I'm 42 and will be 43 in February. It will be hard, ds is 2 but loves to nurse.

I'm going to visit the dr in Jan, too, just to see what they say. I just want to be sure that I'm O'ing, which I guess I am since my temps and monitor show it.

Dh is 4 1/2 years younger, so that's less of a worry. I just wish the ages were reversed for the first time!
#363 of 659 Old 12-23-2005, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Hopeful! It is so good to see you!
I too am not as obsesses as I once was. I'm pretty much thinkin' that I probably won't get pg now, and I am becoming at peace with it slowly. After all, I am almost 44 and I've been trying a good long while.
However, I'm not as sad about it as I was before, and its a better place. That is not to say that I still don't want that baby as much as ever, I'm just moving in baby steps to the non-ttc world to protect my sanity.

Cheese; I know it is hard to stop bf....looking back I think it would have helped me, but who's to say? My ds nursed forever, and I was unwilling to give it up. Finally, I was 42 when I stopped b/f, I wonder whether it would have made a difference, but I can't kill myself over it now. I do think it had a big impact on my fertility.
Anyway, I'm behind you and your decision.

Polka, I hope this is YOUR cycle! You know I want this for you in a big way.

Guess what? I've got an egg on my monitor, yahoo!
#364 of 659 Old 12-23-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Guess what? I've got an egg on my monitor, yahoo!
V- fingers X'd

Hopeful - Merry Christmas to you also & EVERYONE...

Merry, Happy, Merry Happy Christmas - Holidays

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#365 of 659 Old 12-23-2005, 09:00 PM

You made a cute little girl show her dimple! She loves those smilies!

Hi Hopeful!Good for you using that brain,I plan to as well someday soon!

Cheese, wishing for good things for you this year...in the long run I doubt that you will ever regret nursing your son that long! There are no guarantees while TTCing but on the other hand your nursing benefited both of you in the short & long term.

Darcy, Continued good wishes for a smooth, & wonderful pregnancy.

I wrapped eleventyseven presents, the house is clean, laundry is done,just stocking stuffers & cookie baking left! Our house looks so festive...nice mood elevator in the wintertime. Looks like O will be a sure thing the day of or after Christmas based on rapidly darkening OPKs! So it will be a very romantic Christmas around here...& the kids HAVE to go to sleep early on Christmas Eve! Massaginmommmy & Polka have their symmetry thing going...Velveteen has the green light....looks like there will be a hopeful start to the new year!

Wishing everyone well,
Lisa
#366 of 659 Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 PM

My DS turned 3yrs old 2 days ago and still nurses once a day (well once at night time before bed) I am not charting but am watching other signs and I am doing OPK's this month. So far no rise in LH. I must go get more tests tomorrow. I also have a well woman appt on the 3rd of January and I am going to see hwat she says about my fertility. We have ahd unprotected sex for 3 years now and no baby. We just started "trying" last cycle so we shall see.

#367 of 659 Old 12-24-2005, 12:32 AM

It's great to be able to discuss ttc'ing with women that understand the urgency of being older. I didn't feel this urgency at 38, when I first got pg (m/c'd then) or when I got pg with ds at 40. But now I definately feel it. I just don't want to have an only child, so I hope this happens.

Enjoy the festivities and the bd'ing all!!
#368 of 659 Old 12-24-2005, 01:37 AM

It's almost Christmas Eve

I wanted to share my appt. with my regular ob/gyn. I called for an annual a couple of weeks ago after the disappointing test and discussion with my fertility doctor. My ob had an opening, which is a miracle in itself, since she is very busy. I have been seeing her for almost 20 years (really!) So, we talked all about my tests and how discouraging the doctor seemed, she seemed genuinely surprised and a little 'disconcerted'.

She said there was another doctor in that group that had excellent experience and expertise with tubal surgery, endimitriosis. She thought I should definitely do it and talked all about the 'older' women in her practice having babies...this year, the oldest were 3 46 y/o women. She is 51 and said they 'practice what they preach' since she'd just delivered a nurse practitioners 3rd baby at 42. She was so encouraging and hopeful, I can't tell you how good it felt... no matter what happens, she gave me some hope back and made me feel like I had options. She couldn't understand why he said "he wouldn't risk it"...Ron was also very excited

I saw her yesterday, but was just letting it settle in. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#369 of 659 Old 12-24-2005, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Joan, that is soo great!!! What great news!! I want an ob appt. like that!
#370 of 659 Old 12-24-2005, 01:23 PM

Hurray for good Doctors!I wouldn't be here if my grandmother hadn't had my mother at 42,Helena wouldn't be here if I hadn't had her at 40...then there is Numnumom here who has had a baby at 44ish and Polka at 40+ & so on and so on....

I am glad things are looking up! Merry Christmas!
(VERY+OPK today at cycle day 9!)
Lisa
#371 of 659 Old 12-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Speaking of older women getting pregnant - my mom, who is a Registered Massage Therapist has a client who has just entered her third trimester with a perfectly healthy little boy in her tummy ------- she is 46. He is an "oops" baby but a happy surprise all the same. So poo poo to all the docs out there who don't support us.
#372 of 659 Old 12-26-2005, 08:40 PM

Velveteen, Lisa and hopeful~ thanks for the encouragement I really love my doctor. I have had some issues with her around birthing, but she has always been very thorough and compassionate in our exams. I trust her. I disn't share the news with family, I guess I am still just letting in sink in and taking things one step at a time.
Velveteen~ I know the decision to stop bfing is a big one. I don't think Ben is ready to wean, so I am not sure how I will handle that with the doctor if it becomes an issue. No one should tell you to wean, yk?
Lisa~ sending lots of baby dust for the past holiday!! Toes and fingers are crossed!
hopeful~ it's nice to hear from you!

#373 of 659 Old 12-27-2005, 12:08 PM

Yawn.....
I thought I'd pop in before reclaiming the house from Christmas messes!
Where do all the new books & games go? I should have had Dan build us a new bookcase! It's funny, at this point it is really mainly games,musical instruments & books so not like when they are babies & everyone gets them stuff with tons of little pieces, BUT our game shelves & bookshelves are chock full & we have a ton of bookshelves! A weeding out is probably in order!

Polka,we stole your idea of celebrating the 12 days of Christmas. I actually am going to try to do it right but yesterday we celebrated by making all kinds of bird treats & hanging them up on our trees & shrubs. We are going to try to participate in a bird count so want to draw as many birds as posssible.

Hopeful,
THAT is the kind of news we like to hear!

Mom4tot- are you going to lay off while making your decision or are you still TTC?

Polka,Velveteen,Hope you had a fertile little Christmas & same with you Massaginmommy!

I seemed to have O'd on Christmas day,day 10 of my cycle.I had a super strong +OPK Christmas Eve morning & night & a temp rise yesterday.

How was everyone's Christmas? Ours was very nice & relaxing. We go into
Chicago tomorrow to see my dad..his gift to us is a hotel stay downtown.
Here is hoping the joy of the holidays hangs on a while longer...perhaps 9 months & beyond?

take care,
Lisa
#374 of 659 Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 PM

Okay all 17 weeks pg Thursday and Jan 4th I go in for genetic counceling and an level 2 ultra sound need everyones prayers.So tired diabetes is tough our Dd has been very ill I went to my herbalist to get what we need.She has had a cold and bad cough for a month and for the last week non stop temps till last night so we have been exhausted.
#375 of 659 Old 12-28-2005, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Darcy; I will definately send prayers your way. sorry about the sickness in the family too.

Lisa; Ahhhh, a trip downtown? that sounds great!! I was also fertile xmas day! Hey, we could have the same due date!!

Mom4tot; No, no one should tell you to wean. I wasn't ready for it, and my ds wasn't ready for it. However, I do look back and wonder if I compromised my fertility so much that I failed to conceive. It is so hard!!
#376 of 659 Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 PM

Darcy- Good luck!

I think I have made the final decision to wean, somewhat slowly over the next month or so. I'm so tired I really believe that I'll never get pg unless I get more rest. Ds just wants to nurse from early AM on and I can't do it anymore. I've tried to partially nightwean 4 or 5 times and we always backslide. This time it was Xmas company at our house that upset his sleeping. Last night I had a full blown tantrum at 3:30AM when I told him that "nummies" had to sleep a bit longer. I'm over this and I want to get pg, so I think I'm ready to make the big step to full weaning. Why can't it be easy like my friends who slowly cut out a nursing until it was over, with no tears?? If only I was 30...

We had all of dh's east coast family and all of my southwestern family out here for the holiday. It was nice, but upset my schedule loving ds's schedule. He loved having so much family around, something that rarely happens. Sometimes I wish we still lived in extended families, like the old days!

Lots of stress here now, not the best time for getting pg. We're trying to decide if we should return to the east and start a business. Housing here is ridiculously expensive and it's causing great stress with me being a SAHM. Ah life...
#377 of 659 Old 12-28-2005, 12:31 PM

Cheese the first 24 hours my Dd was upset then she took a bottle.I felt bad but she got over it and Iam 38 I needed to get busy.lol I was proud of myself for breastfeeding her so long and wanted to give her a sibling and so now she will be a big sis so the good out weighs the bad it is not like we are 30 and have all the time in the world to nurse and then get pregnant.lol
#378 of 659 Old 12-28-2005, 05:02 PM

cheese, I just wanted to say that I got pregnant with Ben at the age of 37 while still nursing Ellie. I nursed her through the pregnancy and after. I was nervous, though. She wasn't nursing at night, just to sleep and in the morning, maybe a few times though the day. She was 4, but I still felt she wasn't ready. Do you think you could nightwean your son? That would help with your fertility and maybe not be as stressful right now. Good luck.

#379 of 659 Old 12-29-2005, 03:47 AM

Hi ladies. Im glad to see everyone had a nice holiday. Its been very busy here- and no bfp yet....sigh.....
Cheese- its so hard to know what to do when it comes to weaning and fertility because everyones body is different. What happened to me isnt necessarily what would happen with your body (weaning-wise, I mean). For me- I didnt wean anyone. I nursed and nursed and got preg regardless. I tandem nursed and got preg- and not a young age. I had babies at ages 35, 37, 40, 41 AND 45 all while nursing. I never gave it a thought. At one point I was nursing three. That said, it doesnt mean that everyones body will do that. I wonder now if I had gotten my period back sooner what might have been, but I wouldnt have done it any other way- it would have broken my heart to wean them. Im not that strong!

I agree with Mom4tot that night nursing has an effect on fertility. The babies I had that slept well at night have siblings closer in age to them! I got my period back sooner.

Anyway, whatever you decide, I know its a hard decision to make and not easy to do.
#380 of 659 Old 12-30-2005, 01:15 AM

Cheesedreams,
When to wean is one of the hardest & most personal decisions you have to make as a mother.It sounds like you are ready to do so. While I too, conceieved while nursing at 40, I got my period back when my babies were 9 months old whether they were nursing exclusively or started on some solids.
Everyone is different. I certainly think that night nursing is the hardest to quit, it was always the last to go for us,we used sippy cups if they needed fluids to stop the whole sucking thing as you can just trade breast for bottle & still be awake all night!We also did soothing backrubs to get them to sleep so touch was still involved in the routine. We kept co-sleeping.Finding other ways to offer comfort during the day helps too.I know now that I was lucky,I got to keep nursing while TTC & got to nurse through my last pregnancy-you have now nursed for 2 solid years,provided great physical & emotional benefits for you & your child.Good for you! If you have made your decision maybe start looking for tips here & from books as to make your transition easy for you & your family,certainly if you can wean him from the night feedings you will know whether it is time to wean altogether.

Caren,
Whoohoo!
Glad to hear from you, we missed you!I am hoping to follow in your footsteps & be a 45 year old new mom too! I certainly wouldn't give up the ship unless you are feeling pulled in that direction. I actually expect to go at this just a few more months but that is as much because I am having such a hard time detaching from the obsession of it as it is lack of confidence in my eggs-I honestly think I have a few good ones left.

Darcy,
I am sorry that your Diabetes is wearing you down, are they able to control your sugars?Good luck on your tests!

Velveteen,
I would like nothing better than to share 9 months of pregnancy with you,
that would be so cool...& Polka you can come too!

Mom4tot,
Hi! Wishing you a wonderful & fertile new year!

Massaginmommy,
How did your holidays go?,wink....

Hello to Hopeful & hi to Jempd whereever you are!

We had a great time in Chicago,lot's of family fun & relaxation. Fertility Friend has given me a proposed due date of Sept 17th if I were to have conceived this cycle...Lily's birthday! Another sign... she said hopefully!
4dpo..eons to go...

We are having a relaxed family New Years Eve with lot's of games & food.

Here's to a wonderful 2006 to us all!
Lisa
#381 of 659 Old 12-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Thanks for all of your support! I've decided to fully nightwean, we're slowly pushing it right now. Then I'll decide on the rest.

It's so encouraging to hear about all of you conceiving at later ages!!

CD10 and lots of EWCM. Here we go again...
#382 of 659 Old 12-31-2005, 05:10 PM

Just want to wish all of us & our families a wonderful,happy, healthy & productive 2006.
Happy New Year!
Lisa
#383 of 659 Old 01-02-2006, 01:02 PM

mamaov4 I am hoping that they went well. LOL I am WTK. IF and big if I O'd today would be 12dpo so we shall see. I am not testing until AF is late which would be next Tuesday so one more week.

#384 of 659 Old 01-02-2006, 03:12 PM

I had my first chart dip during my LP! Right at 7dpo..way down then back up today. I think something is trying to happen as I have been very achy with lots of pulling sensations. Let's hope it is a springy egg & not an arthritic one! I guess a few days will tell but I can say for the first time in months that I am actually hopeful,
Lisa
#385 of 659 Old 01-02-2006, 03:36 PM

Lisa!

#386 of 659 Old 01-02-2006, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa!!!! Oh, keep us posted!
#387 of 659 Old 01-03-2006, 12:44 PM

Could some of you look at my chart and tell me why I would have a temp dip after the intial dip before O?? It's too early to be an implantation dip, maybe it's just a fluke. Someone tried to tell me that I have low progesterone because my temp doesn't rise steadily, but I don't believe it. I also nurse around the time I temp, so my temps can be a bit wacky.

I was really thinking that we hit the bd'ing just right this month, so I'm hoping for big things!!
#388 of 659 Old 01-03-2006, 01:12 PM

Hey Cheese,
Based on your OPK, you probably o'd the 13th. That is when your litle dip occured. What is todays temp? You may have to wait it out a couple days to see for sure. Sometimes you gear up to O & it fizzles out & you don't get that second level of temps. I haven't had it happen to me since charting but I am not nursing! Also as you said..temps can be a bit funny with your waking times. Give it a couple of days & pay attention to CM..it should dry up for you if you have hit O.

As for me temp is back up still so hopes are a bit high...I have guests (Another family with 4 kids) coming tomorrow so we will have 9 total kids here counting my little sweetie Flannery who I take care of on a regular basis. That should keep me distracted from any desire to test early. I will test in 3 days (day 12)IF no spotting & high temps continue. Go EGG GO!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes Velveteen & Mom4Tot! Like I said before we are due for some good news here! If not me anyone of the rest of us!Massaginmommy,Polka & Velveteen Good Luck!I know you are right with me cycle-wise!

take care,
Lisa
#389 of 659 Old 01-03-2006, 06:53 PM

mamaov4 what test do you use? I am on dpo13 if I have it figured right. I was actually going to wait until AF is late before I test. But I probably won't make it that long. The earliest I will start is Thursday and the latest would be next Monday. I hope if she is coming she gets here Thursday so I can start over sooner.

#390 of 659 Old 01-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Hey Laurie,
I always use FRER simply because I think it doesn't get evaporation lines so none of that I wonder if it's just too early to test stuff! It also got the best write-up in Consumer reports & another HPT comparison study. It doesnt always have the stongest dye, so a line is definitely a line but of all the brands I've personally tried it seems to be the most dependable..picked up an early chemical PG last summer.
Good luck!
I hope to be testing soon too! (Funny though as I get close to testing time I get less confident even though this cycle still looks great on paper-temps still way high & no spotting.)Trying to hold off til Friday as that puts me 12 dpo-for me a reasonable 1st day next cycle...actually my REAL goal is not to test at all til I'm really,truely past due which would be Sunday.
Take care,
Lisa
Hey Velveteen & Polka crossing my fingers for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page