40+ and TTC September, come on over!! - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#631 of 659 Old 03-27-2006, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cd8 here watery cm this am drinking my green tea and taking my vitamins and B6 I also bought a pineapple. I am going to cut it later and eat it for however many days it will last. Mamov I usually O on day 12ish. The plan is to bd everyday until cd14 at least. Maybe that way we will actually hit every other day
Summermom Woohoo for cd1 this could be your cycle.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#632 of 659 Old 03-27-2006, 09:18 PM

Hi All,
I am discouraged today and for first time have cried over my inability to get pg. I went to RE today for them to do a follicle check. Follies were 13MM on Friday (CD11) and today is CD14 so they should have grown (last cycle the dominant one was 18 on CD11 and 27 on CD14 so it grew about 3MM/day). But today, low and behold, my follies had not grown at all (were still around 12 or 13MM) AND my lining thinned out from 8MM friday to 5MM today. The Nurse Practitioner doens't know what is going on but thinks it is very unlikely I ovulated. She ordered progesterone and estradiol levels as those could help indicate whether I did ovulte. I have appt with the RE tomorrow to discuss. I am really bummed as we were going to do an IUI this cycle. This is a real curve ball as I have never suspected that I had any trouble ovulating and I wonder if this indicated that may I have not been ovulating?? However that seems odd as I get a temp rise every cycle (though am also on Progesterone 2nd half of cycle). Oh, the other very bizarre thing is that I took 6-7 OPKs between Friday and Sunda and they WERE ALL POSITIVE???!!! I don't know what the heck is up. I am so irritated that this cycle may be a complete bust. And I've had DH BD several time under less than ideal circumstances and we're both exhausted. It has been a crazy week with work for both of us with two 3AM nights (and DD wakes at 6:30). Only thing I can think of is maybe my body was too tired to ovulate.

Tell me there is hope.

Sorry to come in and whine.

What is the upside? We're going to Florence in a week and a half.

AnaMom
#633 of 659 Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM

Anamom,
Maybe you just haven't O'd yet,delayed by all the stress. Ovulation can really vary from cycle to cycle & if you had a +Sunday you likely just O'd (like Sat night) or are just about to which would definitely skew your results. At any rate even if the worst is true-no ovulation-it is just true for this particular cycle which has no bearing on any other. I don't think progesterone interferes with recognizing O as you don't even start it til after the temp rise do you?
I understand why you are discouraged, but past follicle measurements & temps indicate ovulatory cycles, so don't worry!

Summermom,
Hurray for normalcy! Whoohoo! Good luck with the new cycle.

Massaginmommy,
Hmmm..I would prefer to O day 10 so I can be sure to be fertile for vacation-that would match up our cycles nicely!

Hi Catrinel,what's up with you?

I am feeling hopeful these days for some reason. My future daughter will be named Natalie or son hmmm harder,my dad is Frank which fits with Nick & Max & I love Frankie for a little one.Whether this year through pregnancy or 2 years from now through adoption it will happen for me.
#634 of 659 Old 03-27-2006, 11:44 PM

Hi Lisa & others

I'm fine. Still waiting for AF to turn up after having DD over a year ago. I've been having some cramps these past few days, so who knows? I know I've said I won't be using OPKs etc but I think that was while I knew I didn't have a chance as no AF. Now that I feel it's getting closer I'm starting to think that maybe I should take that route too.

I've been thinking about names too and I think I'd like Rosalind or Lydia for a girl. It's more difficult with boys' names.
#635 of 659 Old 03-28-2006, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

sorry about the wacky cycle Anamom, I agree with Lisa, so don't get too discouraged. I also know what you mean about Bd'ing under less than ideal circumstances, its the pits.

Summermom, I am happy for you, back to normal!

I think I like the idea of thinking of names. Much more fun persuit than feeling extremely pouty about a bust of a cycle. I'm about 10 dpo and not feeling hopeful.

LIsa; thanks for spreading some sunshine!
#636 of 659 Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM

I love the name Lydia. Chances are we won't have a girl as our three children by birth are boys. So our next boy will be William Michael and we shall call him Liam.

#637 of 659 Old 03-28-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrinel
Happy birthday, Polka! On Mother's Day too (is it the same date in the US too?)
Thanks all
no Mom's Day is in May in the US - where are you?

cd 6 for me.... I'm just so darn tired thinking about TTC lately.

Ds has been a handful & joy of late. I see him & some days think, "I gotta have another like him" - others... I'm so beat just with him.
It's not that I feel old... it's just tired & I'm not feeling that well.
I'm supposed to go get tested for Lupus - ugh
I have many of the signs lately.

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#638 of 659 Old 03-28-2006, 04:46 PM

Just curious - how old is everybody here anyway? I'm 44 and practically a half (suddenly that matters again!) I'd love to hear some success stories from ones my age - or older!
#639 of 659 Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 PM

well, I got pg @ 41 w/out any help & trying @ 45 with no luck

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#640 of 659 Old 03-28-2006, 07:59 PM

Hi,
Nicksmom,
I am 44 turning 45 next month. We do have a poster..Caren,where are you? who conceived & had a child at 44.(we are a small group!)Realistically,we know that once you get to mid-40's it does get more difficult but with regular ovulation & grit(because you may have losses)I believe it possible.If you do a search of the pregnancy charts at Fertility Friends many women conceive between 40-45 & some afterwards.I would never say it is simple or a guarantee and have learned after about a year & 2 losses that I have to put TTC in one corner of my life while living the other fully & am making adoption plans for the future as for me the child is the goal however it comes. By the way I am a Nick's mom too! My 11yr old is a Nick.

Polka,
Let us know about the Lupus testing. We want to know how you are when you are feeling good & when you are feeling crappy.Your son is about 3 right?It is a wonderful & challenging age!

Massaginmommy,I love Liam just doesn't work with our Italien-Yugoslavian hyphenated name! BTW did my first OPK today & am betting I will O about day 10 as there was quite a bit of color to my line already.

Catrinel,
Wow I love Lydia enough to seriously consider stealing it...really! It would go wonderfully with my Helena & Lily(Lillian)..I love names which end in ia & I love L names this has both! GREAT choice..I like Rosalind too but wow Lydia is sticking with me

Velveteen,
It is hard to be hopeful at the end of a cycle because I think we like to cushion any blow by thinking we are doomed. I will be hopeful for you.

Anamom.
Let us know what if anything you learned at your appointment.Florence sounds wonderful.I will be consoling myself with our upcoming vacation if this cycle is unsuccessful.

Summermom,
Have you figured out the fertility moniter? I have never used one myself?
Maybe Caroline's has some extra luck attached to it!

Hello to everyone who is not on my scroll down screen...my memory stinks
as I am playing Trixie Beldon student nurse here! Nick has strep & some other virus & is the latest sick kid in a bad cycle of sickness here. We did have a real nice stretch of healthiness but their school is just a cesspool of germs at the moment!

Take care,
Lisa
#641 of 659 Old 03-29-2006, 07:40 AM

Glad you like the name Lydia We also have a DD Sylvia.

I bought some OPKs off the internet today, just in case I'm tempted to go down the route of using them once af comes back again.
#642 of 659 Old 03-29-2006, 01:35 PM

Hi All I though I would update all of you on my pregnancy I have 9 weeks to go Athena has the hiccups this morning and when she moves I can watch my tummy move all over.I have managed not to go up yet on my diabetic medicine.Has anyone heard how cheese dreams is doing? looks like I might need bladder surgery after this baby good thing this is the last pregnancy as my body is just falling apart.lol the women in my family have lots of female problems everyone had hystarectomies by the time they were 33 accept me I told the doctor no way good thing I did he felt it was genetic as my mom and twin and other sisters had to have it done.Dont always listen to the doctor but the bladder problem is pretty bad so it is a for sure thing.My 19 month old gets lonely she needs someone to play with.I think I embarrasse my 21 son when his co workers and friends meet his pregnant mom.lol I dont get to see my grandson much getting around is getting tough.Hugs to all.
#643 of 659 Old 03-30-2006, 12:35 PM

Hi there!
Darcy you are so close,how exciting for you!

Catrinel,I like Sylvia too...,that has been in the running for me as my Godmother is a Sylvia-just didn't do it as we have a long hyphenated name and second name begins with S. The illiteration isn't quite right it just doesn't roll off the tounge nicely. It is a great name though.

Cycle day 8 and expecting O day 10-11 based on OPK's. No smiley face yet,but it's not too far off. Good luck to everyone!

Lisa
#644 of 659 Old 03-30-2006, 09:19 PM

Just popping in to say that while browsing the due date clubs for good luck I learned that just in the Sept/Oct/Nov clubs there are 13 women who are going to be at 40 or older when their babies are born.This includes a couple of women who will be 44 when baby is born,3 who are 42 & 4 who just fall into the 40+ category (one of whom is Cheesedreams). So....they don't all pass through our TTc group but they are here..40+ and pregnant.
Yes,I SHOULD have been thinking about dinner but I can do that any day,.
Now,let's join em!
Lisa
#645 of 659 Old 03-31-2006, 12:16 AM

Woo Hoo Lisa that is amazing news. I have a good feeling about this cycle. So lets graduate together.

#646 of 659 Old 03-31-2006, 01:53 PM

Smiley OPK today,let the games begin!
Laurie,I'd be happy to graduate with you..here's hoping!
Lisa
#647 of 659 Old 03-31-2006, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

CD1 today
#648 of 659 Old 03-31-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen
CD1 today
sneaking in to give sweet Velvet a

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#649 of 659 Old 03-31-2006, 04:32 PM

Cycle day one stinks,even if you have feelings a cycle isn't going anywhere inevitably some hope remains & it's always a tough day when the new cycle starts. Let your cuties give you some extra loving & give yourself a bit of a pamper.
Take care,
Lisa
#650 of 659 Old 03-31-2006, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, thanks so very much. That helps me~
#651 of 659 Old 04-01-2006, 07:50 PM

Mamaov4, thank you so much for your comforting words to everyone! I feel like you are the "Mom" of this thread! And that was cool about the 13 other over 40 mamas TTC.

Here's a question I posted about monitors if anyone has any info: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...58#post4865558
Quote:
I recently bought a used CBE OPK fertility monitor from someone here, and now I am trying to figure out how to use it. It came without the test strips that the booklet shows, but the person I bought it from had included some "generic" OPK strips that don't have the plastic casing/cap that the official CBE booklet shows. Does that matter? Can I use the "naked" strips with the CBE? Or do I have to get the "official" CBE brand ones?

Where can I get more OPK test strips inexpensively? How many do you need each cycle? (My usual cycle is around 28 days, but my last one was 40 days!)

Thanks!
PS - anyone have cheesedreams' #? I could just call and ask her this but I don't have her #.
#652 of 659 Old 04-01-2006, 08:07 PM

Hi everyone: Just me dropping by to see how everyone is doing.
Velvet - I too am on cd1 today. I had hot flashes everymorning all week to so I can only imagine those are peri meno signs. It could be the fertility drugs though. I took Gonal F and femara this month.
School has been very hectic but I'm doing well. It consumes alot of time and energy but will be so worth it in the end.
Thinking about donor eggs for the end of the summer. Have a girlfriend who will donate. Think my eggs are too tired.
Wishing fertile thoughts for all of you.
#653 of 659 Old 04-02-2006, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Wow hopeful, I haven't heard from you in so long!! I am truly hoping your TTC journey will end this coming cycle! I wish you lots of luck.

Summermom, I use the CBE fertility monitor too. You need the official strips~ Cheese probably included the OPK's since they are handy to have and she doesn't need 'em! I don't know of any place that sells them inexpensively, if you do find a place let me know.
I buy mine from www.thefertilityshop.com but their shipping is not that fast. You might have to buy some from a local drug store for this cycle. At first, you will need the 10 sticks, but after awhile you kind of know when to expect your egg symbol if it is similiar to the other months. I only use about 4 sticks per month, and I use the OPK's at the same time occasionally. I only use one or two OPK's, and then I can anticipate my O more accurately.

Oh, and hopeful, check out the donor egg buddy group on Fertility friend if you need info. Scroll down on the 40's board until you see the donor egg group. Lots of good info, and lots of pregnant 40's mommas with good info too!
#654 of 659 Old 04-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Thanks Velveteen! I guess I will get them from the local drugstore this time. Another question - about resetting it - do you HAVE to start it on CD1? Or can you set it to start on CD7? I don't want to wait a whole 'nother cycle.
#655 of 659 Old 04-02-2006, 12:47 PM

Wow,Thanks Summermom,that is very sweet.It is a small world when you are 40+ and TTC,I think we all need all the support we can get. It is nice to have somewhere to chat about all this where people will understand.

Velveteen,
I am glad you stopped by to help-I don't know anything about the FM's although if I had known I'd have been better off financially..

Hopeful,
Hurray! It is so good to hear from you. I second Velvet recommendation of Fertilityfriend for donor egg info & general support.School is absolutely worth the effort. I hope to be back within a couple of years myself,DH is going back in fall.

Laurie,Anamom,Catrinel,Nicksmom,Polka,Caren,Keckla nd,Hollybell,Mama4gals,...Hello!

See there are a lot ofus out there,we are not crazy.. we just have the wisdom to know that children are the best experience life has to offer and wish to experience the joys again.Good luck to us all,
Lisa
#656 of 659 Old 04-02-2006, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Summermom; Yes, you have to start it at CD 1, that's how the monitor learns about you. This time around you'll just have to use the OPK's. That is the thing that is frustrating the first month, but after that you will LOVE it, trust me. Hopefully you won't even need the thing! Also, the first cycle you really need to use all the sticks, in fact, use all sticks the first 3 cycles. I've unfortunately been using mine so long that I've got it down to a science. But, sometimes I surprise myself and O earlier or later than usual, and that is when the monitor is just super, you don't miss it like you could temping.

Hey Polka, I miss hearing from you, how are you?? My SIL has lupus~ I hope you do not, but please let me know how your testing goes.

Hopeful, what are you taking in school?
What will you take Lisa?

It's sunny here, hope your day is just as sunny!
#657 of 659 Old 04-02-2006, 05:46 PM

Hey Velvet,
Hmmm as to school... still in between getting Montessori certification & getting a Masters in Fine Art. I have thought about nursing too but don't know if I could handle the more "squishy" parts of the training. I'd love to do the care part though-& have seriously thought about hospice work.
I have a request of you..do you think you could have us leap to spring with a new spring thread..complete with a link? I'd do it but don't know how.(i sound like my kids

Happy Sunday,rainy and 40 here so typical "spring" day for us..I am about to tramp through the woods as the Pooch doesn't care WHAT the weather is!
Take care,
Lisa
#658 of 659 Old 04-02-2006, 11:48 PM

Thanks Velveteen! I can't believe I blew another precious month. Anyway, here's to next month!
#659 of 659 Old 04-03-2006, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Lisa, we really need a new thread, but I don't know how to do the link!

How 'bout if I start a new thread, all of you follow me over there, and I will check back here for stragglers, OK?

Come on over to the new 40+ and TTC SPRING thread!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page