40+ and TTC September, come on over!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Darcy at the top of the "I'm Pregnant" page their is a due date club. You may want to join in there. BTW Congrats!!!!
How did you track your ov?

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks Polka,
You are right- they are family..we have had Watson almost our whole married life & the kids of course have never known a time without him.We got another dog last winter so we would have a dog in the family when Watson died rather than dealing with bringing a new dog in while grieving. Nonetheless it doesn't make this time easier. Watson is a DAWG if you know what I mean,nothing fancy...a black & white mutt mix of Lab & probably Springer Spaniel with some border Collie. In spite of his large size when young he was the most amazing frisbee dog...could go 6 ft up in the air to catch one. Also a great family dog...endured much tail pulling,eye poking, horse pretending with great humor & understanding. He's been so miserable today I hope that we can get some help for him.The vet we use is fantastic, very loving and always available.

As far as your cycle goes...is it usually short? This would be early for a temp drop unless you were having a particularly short cycle. I wouldn't give up unless you have a few days in a row with low temps. Sometimes a drop can even be a good sign & certainly one low temp is no big deal.

Massaginmom.
EWCM is always a good sign but you need to see a temp change to know whether you ovulate.Fertilityfriends.com is a good site for charting information.If you haven't done it heres a synopsis. Beginning with the first day of your cycle (AF) you take your waking temperature. It is important to take it at the same time each day. After ovulation you will see a pronounced temperature shift. Your temps can vary in the first part of your cycle but will have a general range....after ovulation that range of temps will be higher.
You can also use OPK's and check your cervical position (I seldom do that).
After O your cervical mucus dries up- so that's another sign. Before I charted I just got romantic during my EWCM times...it worked for me pretty well. As I am hitting the end of the trail time to conceive-wise I am now using all the tools in my box...so I chart & use OPK's as well as pay attention to the CM. You are more than welcome to join us in our obsessive pursuit...

Take care,
Lisa
#123 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 03:46 PM

We figured out my cycle which is 28 days we went backward 14 days from first day of my period and we used an ovulation kit and we found out my OV time is the same as it was last time we got pregnant the 11th of the month.My Aunt is a doctor and told us how to figure it out the OV Kit makes it easy too.
#124 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 05:03 PM

Congrats Darcy !!!!
WOOHOO !!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#125 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 PM

So far so good...aside from fleas(blech,Thank goodness we have no carpeting because of Nick's allergies & Watson is stictly a first floor dog.) Watson tests out O.K so far. The vet is thinking the barking may be dementia but they did some blood work to check for cancer & liver function...so at least he is still with us. His heart checked out great. Fingers crossed.

Darcy...meant to say congrats if you are still peeking in! Happy Nine Months!

Polka..I mixed up your dpo with Hopefuls...so I guess you could be seeing a pre-AF drop..I am still keeping my fingers crossed but know the feeling...

Lisa : : happy dog-owner!
#126 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 07:33 PM

cheesedreams: I'm not sure if that therm. will work. I'm pretty sure you have to use one just for ovulation as it is more accurate. Maybe if you put some tea tree oil (the strongest disinfectant on earth) on your old therm it will be as good as new!

Does anyone know why you would get a + opk on the day of the temp rise? Does that mean that 'its not over yet' that an egg is still coming, even though there's a rise? I know opks are not that accurate, but its seems confusing to me. Well, we'll bd tonight anyways!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#127 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 08:32 PM

Yep, I'd BD anyway. Chances are you did O but on the off chance of a bum temp I wouldn't risk it. As far as the + OPK goes you can O on your surge day so maybe you just still had enough LH to read positive. Really there is no way of knowing! I think CM is sometimes the best indicator as usually post O you are pretty dry. Anyway..good luck!
Lisa
#128 of 659 Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 PM

The blood pregnancy test came back a weak positive so they want to draw more blood on Friday they said if everything is okay it will have doubled so know I wait and worry
#129 of 659 Old 09-29-2005, 12:13 AM

CD 14. Sigh, this ppAF is so frustrating! I waited so long for AF and now it's shifted, so I can't figure out whether I'm O'ing or not.

I'm getting a new thermometer, just to be safe, but with all of the night waking this week (due to our recent vacation) temping would have been impossible. We're going back to having ds sleep with just my dh for a couple of nights, it's worked to get him back to sleeping for longer stretches in the past. Then maybe I can sleep for a few hours straight and try to get an accurate temp.

I used to be a very regular 28 days and now I'm not sure what's going on!
#130 of 659 Old 09-29-2005, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Cheesedreams; ppaf can be so frustrating!! Hang in there!

Lisa; Sorry about Watson not being up to snuff. My ole' dog passed on last year after 13 years with us, and it was very sad. Actually, I tear up just thinking about her. She was a Chinese Shar-pei, very loving and a beauty too

Darcy, Congratulations!!! I hope your bw comes back good and strong, and a happy, healthy nine months to you!.

CD 5 for me and just waiting ...
#131 of 659 Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 AM

hangin' in there but not really that positive

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#132 of 659 Old 09-29-2005, 08:40 PM

Finally, I sit after a whirlwind housecleaning! My dad called last night and said he was coming so had to make all 3 levels livable! We have TV in the attic because we don't watch much aside from videos now & then & the odd PBS
kids show (we wont talk about my watching The Bachelor,lol). So the playroom is also up there so you can imagine....then he sleeps in the BOYS room -arg!- so had to shovel that out! Last weekend we concentrated on the basement..where we have a art/game area set up down there but of course NOT where my dad would go...so I've been cleaning non stop starting with 3 hours inthe middle of the night!

But it's good to see him..we only have one parent between the two of us so I'm done with my griping & am looking forward to seeing him...right now he is on a birthday date with Lily...bookstore & cocoa!

Day 5dpo...starting to obsees in spite of myself so think I will try to figure out a nice hike for this weekend! Good luck to all...hang in there Polka.

Hearing the "Yay Grandfather is here!"
more later..tajke care,
Lisa
#133 of 659 Old 09-30-2005, 01:21 PM

This is one busy thread!

Wanted to quickly say thanks, Velv. for tip I am going to check Chiromama and djsgirls out.

M.ov.4 I hope to hear soon that Watson is doing better. He sounds like my kind of dog.

Congrats to Darcy!

DH went to urologist and had check up, all seems good according to the doctor and he's going to have the SA done at a lab Monday. So, fingers crossed. Doctor told him to abstain for 4 days before SA.

Recently, chatted w/a friend who just got engaged, and with another who brought her 6-month-old baby over yesterday. Both are in early 40s and wanted fertility advice and I felt like quite the font-of-information--have garnered much of it right here on this thread so wanted to share that with you guys.
#134 of 659 Old 09-30-2005, 01:25 PM

Great News I got my blood test this morning my number has gone from on wed 67 to today 133 the baby is in the uterus.
#135 of 659 Old 09-30-2005, 04:03 PM

GREAT NEWS Darcy

cd 1 for me

#136 of 659 Old 09-30-2005, 04:53 PM

Hi all,
Polka....hugs to you. Make sure you treat yourself today. I'm wishing you hope for the new cycle.

Jempd,
I'm glad things turned out well with the urologist,good luck for Monday.

Velveteen...you are at that thumbtwiddling stage but next weekend should be fun!

Numnumom...have you figured out the mysteries of your cycle yet? Did you get a temp rise after your romancing?

Cheesedreams & Mimi..hope you two have figured out the O thing too!

Hopeful,
How are things with you?

Hello to massaginmommy...are you a real masseusse SP?)

Everyone, have a great weekend...I found out we have an appraisal on Monday so my cleaning was well timed just have to convince the grubby beasts er,,children that we'd to keep it that way!

By Monday I will be 9dpo & can start hoping..right now no felings I haven't felt before but am crossing fingers anyway.

take care,
Lisa
#137 of 659 Old 10-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Morning Ladies: Just heading out to work but wanted to say hi.

Polka - sorry about af showing up.

Velvet - how are you doing with the Femara

Congrats Darcy!!!!!!!!

Jempd - good luck on Monday - fingers crossed

I know I missed some of you - but I'm thinking of you all. It's such a busy thread now.

I'm not sure what day I'm on. Definitely feeling some strange symptoms but I call the "phantom symptoms". You know how we tend to over think every little tug or cramp. Thats what I think I'm doing.
I'll promise to come back when I have a day off on Tuesday and do some proper personals.
#138 of 659 Old 10-01-2005, 02:41 PM

Yes, I am a Licensed massage therapist. We prefer not to be called massuese (sp) only because it used to imply something else.

cd4

Congrats Darcy so glad to hear your good news.
hopeful130 hoping you get good news.

#139 of 659 Old 10-01-2005, 10:29 PM

massaginmommy - my mom is a massage therapist too!!!!!! It was always great being her daughter when she was going to school and when she was just starting out because she always practiced with me as her patient. Her and her other student friends. Then when she got her own practice and built up her clientelle - she tossed me aside in favour of financial gain. Can you imagine. Oh the pain of it all. LOL No more massages for me!!!!!!
#140 of 659 Old 10-02-2005, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, my neice is a LMT too!! She has her own little practice she is building up.

Hopeful; I think I did fine on the Femera, no symptoms to my knowledge. Maybe a little more pms like
Do you usually O about 5 days after the last pill?

Lisa; I hope your on your way to a BFP!
#141 of 659 Old 10-02-2005, 11:55 AM

Now that I've gotten my first ppAF I seem to have become a "pregochondriac". :LOL Every symptom makes me wonder if I'm heading for a BFP! Is everyone like this - crampy=pg, sore nipples=pg, tired=pg. Every little unusual body symptom makes me think that I'm pg. With my ds I knew within a couple of days that I was pg, I was tired, a bit dizzy and hot at night. I'm guessing this is just O'ing, but we'll see...

I used my new thermometer to temp but didn't realize that I had to wait until the long beep for it to be correct. I was confused the first day when it read, "96.6", I thought that I was dead! Instead I've realized my mistake and will start again tonight.
#142 of 659 Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM

Hi,
I am here feeling those occasional hmmm twinges "could it be?" but in reality at this point I am rather Eeyorish & skeptical of any "symptom"/. I think that is the stage after pregochondria Cheese! Good luck with that temping!

Hopeful,
What dpo are you? You are close to me I think..good luck!

Jempd, how are things with you, good luck tommorrow.

Numnumom, are you too busy romancing to stick your head in here?

Mimi,how is your cycle going?

Massaginmommy,
Very cool profession..the only drawback is while I can make a drawing/painting for my house & make up a bit of jewelry..giving a massage to yourself just lacks a certain something but of course you can actually make a living at what you do!

Velveteen,
Hi! I hope you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Polka.,I hope you had a but of a pamper & are feeling good!

Lisa's question of the day..& this time I want answers! :LOL
Is anyone dressing up for Halloween at your house? If so,what are they going to be? I have 2 Snow Whites, one Obi Wan Kanobi & a Black Rider (some gloomy literary character). LOt's of yards of fabric to sew! A couple of years ago Nick was a giant squid so it's not so bad this year!

We went bird-watching at the Horicon Marsh today. It is the largest marsh of it's kind in the U.S(1 hr away)we saw Great Egrets,Heron,White Pelicans,Otter.Sandhill Cranes,turtles ,snakes,muskrats & more...it was pretty cool & in the future we will canoe around an island there which is 4 miles long & has hundreds of nesting Heron.Good for closer up viewing since the island itself is a refuge and off limits & and there they only want you looking not intruding.Yes, I am a nature geek!

Wishing everyone a great new week,
Take care,
Lisa
#143 of 659 Old 10-02-2005, 11:00 PM

My 21 mo old ds is obsessed with our mailman. He likes that he drives a cool truck, takes mail from ds's hand and gives him our mail. Then they chat and he honks as he drives away. It makes his day when he sees him! The mailman even gave ds a small mail truck. This guy deserves a Christmas gift!

So, ds is going as a mailman this year. We're decorating his push car to look like a mail truck and I've got to figure out how to dress him. I think he'll be pretty happy.
#144 of 659 Old 10-03-2005, 09:32 AM

Awww - that's so cute, a mailman. My son would rather dress up as something dead or "undead". He really doesn't know what he wants to be yet. It's a different halloween because my dd is 15 and isn't going out and my son is nearly 12 so I'm hanging on dearly to enjoying it with him this year.

Velvet - I ovulate the same on Femara. Usually always day 11. So that makes me about 12dpo but af isn't due until Sunday. So, mamaov4, we are very close for sure. I am feeling alot of symptoms. Too many to say. Don't know if its the Femara or a little bean trying to stick. I'm driving myself absolutely nuts with all of this. And it sure doesn't stop if you get the bfp. Then all the chronic worrying about hcg numbers and then deciding about amnio or cvs. Holy cow is all I can say.

Well, I'm going back to school to take a medical administration course. The course starts the end of November and runs for nine months. I decided to stop putting my life on hold any longer as far as ttc. Would be kind of ironic if I am pregnant wouldn't it. Then what do I do, LOLOLOL. I am totally excited about going back to school though. Back pack, school supplies, homework. Can't wait.

talk to ya'll soon
#145 of 659 Old 10-03-2005, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Hopeful; I've been feeling a little sick too, I don't know if I am fighting something off or if it's the femera.
Congrats on going back to school! I've been putting life on hold too, but I've been trying to change that and enjoy life!

We don't do Halloween over here....but gosh, being a mailman, how cute!!

How ya' doing' mamaov4??
#146 of 659 Old 10-03-2005, 03:29 PM

They drew 5 vials of blood from me today
#147 of 659 Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 PM

Ack..it drives me crazy!. Immediately post O I am full of optimism but by now I just want to know so I have my answer! All I know is I just want one of us to get a + soon- I will be thrilled when it happens!
Hopeful, I am jealous! I have pondered a return to school for a long time! And we basically live on campus. At some point it will happen.
Darcy,
Are things O.K? I know early pregnancy can be quite stressful. We are hear to listen if needed!
Lisa- HPT digital test is locked in the trunk! Hoping to use it 12 dpo since my LP never goes longer...temps over the next 2 days should tell the tale..here is the tale so far...(I know, it's a Mystery :LOL )[my chart]
See..I told you it's a mystery!
#148 of 659 Old 10-04-2005, 11:07 AM

Because I haven't been temp'ing accurately, I'm not sure where I am except for CM changes and how I feel. So here I am 5dpo, at least I think so according to EWCM, really sore nipples and tiredness. Now I'm wondering if I'm pg, although I would find it hard to believe. I POAS today and it came up BFN, no suprise, but why the sumptoms??

My nipples are so sore that I cringe when ds latches on. This happened last month when I thought that I O'd, but only lasted 4 days. Today is day 4, so we will see.

Is it possible that I really am pg, but that I tested too early??

I really am a pregochondriac!!!
#149 of 659 Old 10-04-2005, 02:25 PM

They want to do a 3 hour glucose test friday first thing in the morning.Iam so tired and emotional my hubby left on the 1st for 3 weeks to Alaska on a tdy.My 13 month old is a pretty good girl though.
#150 of 659 Old 10-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Darcy, did you have gestational diabetes with Alora? Why are they doing the blodd glucose testing so soon? Or is it soon? I didn't have it done at all with YDS.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page