Ways to increase fertile quality of CM? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-12-2002, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not that we are going to try this month or anything :
I had no trouble with this when I got pregnant with DS, but ever since I've got my PP cycle, my CM hasn't been so great. What can you do to improve the quality? Or is it because DS is still nursing? I used to have Toni's book, but loaned it to a friend (who is now pregnant with TWINS!!), and thought you all might have some ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-12-2002, 08:30 PM
XM

I have heard that eating carrots can really improve the quality of your CM, certainly could'nt hurt! I used to have copious CM with a 9" stretch before Xiola, and I noticed when we were ttc that my CM just was'nt as good as it used to be...

XM
#3 of 9 Old 12-12-2002, 09:08 PM

i have read (in TCOYF) that taking robitussin, the expectorant kind, will increase the quality of your existing CM, and also that some people use egg whites, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, as a lubricant to aid the little swimmers in their quest.
#4 of 9 Old 12-13-2002, 04:04 AM

avoid drugs that may dry up cm: antihistamines, astropine, belladonna, clomid, dicyclomine, progesterone, propantheline, and tamoxifen

take 10000-20000 IU of vit A daily.

take 10 drops of potassium iodide daily
#5 of 9 Old 12-13-2002, 01:11 PM

Supposedly EPO is supposed to work, but the stuff is horrid. I tried the capsules and couldn't stand the after taste.

Robi does work, but you need the pure guafinisin (spelled wrong I'm sure) and afaik it's only available by rx. The OTC robi has other meds that will counter the effects you want.
#6 of 9 Old 12-13-2002, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Ah! Vitamin A was the one I was trying to remember! Thanks Whit.

I've heard about Robitussin too, but it seems a little strange to take that since I don't want to drink any alcohol. I have some Herbal Expectorant Guanifenesin (I'm cheating with the bottle right in front of me, Arduinna!) from the health food store that is relatively pure. It also has Slippery Elm Extract in it, but if the effect is similar to the name, that could be a good thing
#7 of 9 Old 12-14-2002, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by shoshanna's mom
i have read (in TCOYF) that taking robitussin, the expectorant kind, will increase the quality of your existing CM, and also that some people use egg whites, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, as a lubricant to aid the little swimmers in their quest.
Ewww, ewww, ewww! I cannot see sticking raw egg white in my coochie--I can barely stand it on my hands. I worry about salmonella or campylobacter which I guess isn't really a big worry, but still.

XM, I love that you have a measurement for your CM stretch! Mine isn't that good, but I compensate for it by driving a big car.

Sorry if it seems like I'm making light of it, I just thought it was funny.
#8 of 9 Old 12-15-2002, 12:00 AM

Amy, I am rolling on the floor, LOL!!!
#9 of 9 Old 01-02-2003, 01:55 AM
XM

Ah-ha! I knew Amywillow said something that was so funny that I almost peed myself but my poor brain failed to retain exactly where the thread was once our computer came back from the shop!!

What can I say, CM *is* funny! I just wanted to point out how mine changed after baby and made it harder to judge where I was in relation to Oing, was'nt meaning to brag I wonder why it changed? Even 5 months postpartum it was so nonexistent, and I was'nt nursing, so that can't be it... : Good thing I already drive a big car, or I'd really be lost...

I feel the same about egg white... ewwwwww! And yeah, what about salmonella?

XM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page