TTC advice please... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-19-2002, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I have been feeling that it is time to start ttc again...
It's not really great timing..but is it ever??

I do have some future plans to go to Cancun in February for a one week health seminar.
I know it shouldn't be a problem but I keep thinking that I should wait till I get back to actually start trying...I don't really know if I want to be flying to Mexico pregnant...(especially since our last pg. ended in m/c.)

I am really torn.
My little guy was just running around the house laughing as loud as could be with the dog and I know he would just love to have a buddy to play with...and it could take months to get pregnant...and it could happen right away..ugh.

I am open to comments and "what you would do" advice.

Thanks!

Oils
#2 of 5 Old 12-19-2002, 09:00 PM

Flying at that stage shouldn't be a problem, but if you're concerned, ask your doc for his approval.

I think that if you have that feeling and you're sure, it's time!! Of course I am in babymood, so everything is about babies...

#3 of 5 Old 12-20-2002, 12:49 PM

Hi Oils,

I woudn't worry about the flying bit. I'd just hope you don't have an aversion to Mexican food at that point! Seriously though, I imagine that you do have some hesitancy about getting pregnant since you had a mc before. Maybe a trip to Mexico early in your pregnancy would be just the thing to keep your mind occupied and away from all the "what if" kind of thinking.

As for timing, I don't think there's a science to it. I think when you and your parnter *feel* like it's time, then it's time. I always thought I'd like to space my kids 3 years apart, but now that I have a son who's 13 months old, I'm ready to start trying for #2.

Good luck to you and let us know what you decide!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#4 of 5 Old 12-20-2002, 01:52 PM

Oils, I just love babies, and think that if it feels right than do it. you are so right about the time never being *the right time*!

sigh. i want another baby.......

#5 of 5 Old 12-20-2002, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ok sweetbaby..
Let's do it together...

I had a friend who was also pregnant with me last time and we emailed each other during the whole thing..it was great!!

If you want we could be ttc buddies...and then new mommies together!! LOL

Just kidding (unless you want to!! )

Thanks for the support...last night I asked dh what he wanted (for x-mas) and the first thing he said was "a baby"...so I think it is time...I am just insecure about this trip to Cancun and if I should be pregnant on it...emotions, hormones...food, you know...

It's a bit of a scary thought to know that we would have two kids...ok, I won't go there, or I might change my mind!! LOL

Oils

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page