Nursing Mamas Getting PG in October! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 358 Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for the condolences on DH's uncle's passing, I really appreciated all your kind words, and your patience! Anyway, we are back home and back to normal (well, what passes for normal around here, LOL ). I think I finally caught up on all the updates/changes but please correct me if I missed anyone, or put anyone in the wrong place (Hannahgrace and Oliversmoms, you didn't say where you wanted to be added, so I just put you in TTC - if you need to be moved to Waiting to be Ready or Waiting for the First Eggie, LMK!) And Seekermage, I put you in as our first Success Story for October, hope you don't mind! Congrats!!

to the newcomers (hannahgrace, oliversmoms, pjs, mindi, anyone I forgot)!!!

Sorry to Danielle and anyone else with the dreaded around.

Beemama, glad you're starting to feel better!

Chrissy, happy birthday to your dd, the photos were SO adorable!!!

Heather, sorry about you and DH, that's always rough. DH and I somehow manage to fight around O time every month, and then I'm doubly upset, for fighting with him and for the bad timing! :

Jessica, how many dop are you now?? Are we cycle buddies this time, I forget? Sounds like we're having some similar symptoms. I am 8 or 9 dpo. I was going to hold out until 12 dpo or so to test, but I don't think I'm gonna make it that long!! I'm so confused....I really, really feel pg, but I don't even trust my body and my instincts anymore, you know? Because I want it to happen so badly, every month I'm "sure" and then I'm so disappointed. But this time....the past 2 days (so 6 and 7 or 7 and 8 dpo) I had MAJOR cramps all day. Weird though, it wasn't like periodic (no pun intended!) cramps like I get with AF, but more like a constant dull ache, even extending around to my back, more like pressure or soreness, I don't know how to describe it but it was definitely different from AF cramps. Which, besides, I never get until after AF starts, when my flow gets heavy. Anyway, this feeling was almost painful at times, which kinda scared me, but it lasted those 2 days and then went away today. So that's what makes me hopeful....on the other hand, I never had any implantation signs with either of my DDs, so again, this could be something else (Indigestion? Stress? Sitting in car for 3 hours in traffic? Who knows!) I've also had creamy cm still, and been peeing more - and I've been VERY hungry, kind of embarrassing but at the repast after his uncle's funeral, my DH looked like this and whispered, "Uh, honey, um, do you realized you completely cleaned your entire plate and the other side of the table has not even been served yet??" : I was starving!

So anyway, I may break down and start POAS tomorrow, hoping I'm 10 dpo : I will probably just be setting myself up for disappointment, but I can't resist. Anyone else testing in the next few days?? Wish I could hold out for Saturday, but I know myself too well! Anyway, : for all of us having pg symptoms, real or imagined!! :LOL

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#62 of 358 Old 10-04-2005, 11:16 PM

Dee - so, I thought you bought your husband a thong, and that made me imagine my DH in a halloween thong, which really made me laugh! But then I realized the thong is for you. Yeah, they suck, but after a few mnutes you forget about them - until the next time you have to hit the loo.

Kathryn - Yee Haw!

To all the new moms - jump on in!

Nichole: sticky vibes to you and all the new positives

treehugginmama - hugs and hope you guys move through the tough times quickly.

Thanks for the preseed req.s We've been using KY since Robin was born - the nursing has certianly decreased my CM, although I've seen it increase lately. I have been a chocolate fiend this week - just made a batch of german chocolate brownies. Hopefully that's a sign of PMS and my PPAF is coming.

Hugs Danielle - just keep in mind that a new cycle is starting, and I hope this one is the one for you.
#63 of 358 Old 10-04-2005, 11:32 PM

BundlefishMama - My symptoms sound like yours: tired, crampy, really hungry, sore boobs and peeing a lot. But, I'm not that confident since I had sore boobs my last (first) pp AF, too.

I can't believe how hopeful I get, when we've only been trying for 1 mo!
#64 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 AM

Sorry Danielle. I have my hopes are up too for a june baby and I'm afraid that I'll be feeling like you in a week.

Superglue, Nichole, superglue!!

Welcome hannahgrace

hang in there cheesedreams :LOL

Oh Dee thats too funny :LOL It kinda makes sense though if you've had 8 days of ewcm. I start getting some the day after af stops.

congradulations Kathryn!

take care treehugginmama. I hope things get better between you soon.

Dee: I love it that you bought a thong. You go girl! (BTW, bd is the *only* time I wear one! I need those swimmers to swim )

OK Bundlefishmoma I'm right with ya! although a few days behind. I woke up last night and thought my breasts were going to explode off my chest. Because I have been pregnant so recently, its easy to compare symptoms. So my boobs felt like this before, except now my nipples hurt alot, which is new. Same kind of crampiness as you describe. I've had it for days and it does get quite bad and worrisome, and like you, don't have cramps until af. Had these same cramps with the last pg. Also have creamy cm. I think I would usually be dry at this time of the month. And I've been really thrirsty. Peeing a lot, but maybe because of more water. I don't think peeing would start this early. Don't you have to have a lot of hcg for that? I dunno. My temps aren't cooperating. Mainly because I'm sorta awake for an hour or so before I take it, but still above coverline. I also am not trusting myself and although I have really good intuition, it does not seem to work in this area, perhaps because my obsession clouds it! I also don't want to be too disappointed.
Anyways, there is always extra good luck to the threadkeeper. I got pg. as threadkeeper last time!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#65 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Anyways, there is always extra good luck to the threadkeeper. I got pg. as threadkeeper last time!
Yep me too (the one in April)! So, here's to hoping for all you symptomatic ladies.

Dee, I looked at your chart and your temps are really high for pre-O. Are they less reliable for some reason or other? For a sec I thought you might have O'ed on day 11 or so, but with the ewcm I guess that's unlikely. Hmm. Time will tell, I hope.

Congrats Kathryn!! I just knew it!

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#66 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 07:49 AM

Hi ladies!
I did not get to post yest as 2 of my kiddos are sick with strept and I think I am coming down with it I so don't want to take antibiotics though. They were starting to feel better last night, so we shall see how they are doing when they wake up. Well I am 12DPO and I thought for sure my AF was coming 2 days ago, I am sure she is on her way though.

Bundlefish-I am glad you are back Your symptoms sound really promising. I never got implantation symptoms with any of my kiddos except with #3 I had one red spot on my undies at 8DPO.

Kathryn-CONGRATS!!!

Dee-That is so funny about the thong. I do not like them either, they are very uncomfy to me!

Danielle-I am so sorry about AF coming (((HUGS)))

treehugginmama-I hope things start getting better with you and your DH (((HUGS)))

I hope you all have a GREAT day

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#67 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well, BFN today, as expected - I was pretty sure it was too early to test, but you know, I'm a POAS-aholic like many of you, so I couldn't resist!

On the upside though, I think my chart might be going triphasic! I know that's not always a pg sign, but hey, I can hope, right?? My temp this morning was the highest I've ever had while charting - 98.0 and I've never gotten above 97.9. Now, I am using the prog cream, I know that can cause a thermal shift, but once you've had your shift, can it cause your temps to rise above what they normally would?

I'm also wondering, can an implantation dip last 2 days? My temps were considerably lower on the 2 days I had all that cramping, then they came back up even higher, so I wonder.....well, let the obsessing continue! '

Jessica, I've heard that the peeing can start right away because of all the extra hormones....

For those with the inconsistent temps (Dee?) I was wondering, when you took all those temps in row and got very different ones, were you holding the thermometer completely still and in the same exact place in your mouth? I'm sure you know this, but I read in the instructions when I got a new thermometer that your mouth has hotter and cooler spots, and so placement of thermometer in the right spot, and holding it completely still while taking your temp is crucial for an accurate reading. I experimented and when I temp repeatedly I always get the same exact result, as long as the tip of the thermometer is all the way back under my tongue (like almost poking your frenulum where it's attached to the bottom of your mouth) with my tongue firmly over it and my mouth totally closed. Anyway you probably know all this, but I thought it was worth mentioning since the instrux. said positioning can make a big difference. If that isn't it, maybe you should get a new thermometer? I know you replaced the batteries, but maybe that's not enough...who knows?

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#68 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Dee, I looked at your chart and your temps are really high for pre-O. Are they less reliable for some reason or other? For a sec I thought you might have O'ed on day 11 or so, but with the ewcm I guess that's unlikely. Hmm. Time will tell, I hope>>>>

Yes, I hope, too. I thought after the +OPK yesterday my temps would drop at least for a day or two starting today before I O'd. But it was 98.2 again. So I don't know. Nothing is different that I know of. My post O temps aren't that much higher normally than they are right now...it'll be interesting to see if they are higher this month, too. Assuming I O, of course--hopefully today!

I thought, too, I was going to O a couple of times earlier (lots of extra BDing going on!) Speaking of.....has anyone else's DH had trouble getting all that BDing done? Performance anxiety, biology? If so, could you read my reply to the main board post "I told my DH to eat his wheaties". I'm worried it's not going to happen tonight---on the most imporant day!!!

Dee
#69 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 10:45 AM

Thanks ladies for all the hugs! The disappointment is passing and is being replaced by hope for this new month. I do have many things to be grateful and thankful for.

SlingingMomto4- strept throat can be a real drag, here is hoping it'll pass quickly for your family.

treehugginmomma

to you Jessica!!!

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#70 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 10:50 AM

Hello all! I'm new to charting, and am kind of frustrated by what seem to be wonky temps. We co-sleep and night nurse, so I am assuming my up & down temps have to do w/that. I try to take it at 6:30 every morning, but DH sometimes has to get up @ 5 or 5:30 to go to work, so that wakes me up & I take it then. Argh!

Can someone take a look at my chart & see what you think? I'm so confused!

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/db397

Thanks!
#71 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 12:02 PM

Nothing new to report from me. I'm on CD12, 3 days till ovulation. We'll bd tomorrow night, the day before ovulation, the day of ovulation and the day after. Sound good?

*sigh* I'm getting sick of ttc. I just want to be pregnant.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#72 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 10:19 PM

Sounds like a plan to me, Kathryn. I'm sorry you're feeling so discouraged. Sometimes, when I'm trying really hard to give things a positive spin, I tell myself maybe I'm better off getting pregnant, even if I miscarry, at least it gets my mind off the ttc drag.. (okay, looking for the cynical smilie) I'm sorry if this already came up before, but can't remember now, have you thought about seeing a RE (or have you already maybe)?

Janey, your chart is a bit confusing. Have you had any O signs (cm, cramping)? If not, a pattern may still become more clear after you O. Also, when your dh gets up early, do you go back to sleep? If so, temps might be more consistent if you take it at the 6.30 time, even if you only slept another hour or so.

BundleFishMama, progesterone can raise your temps above your normal range, even after the shift, but, you could still also be going triphasic. Keeping my fingers crossed..

Slingin, sorry about the strep, hope everyone gets better soon.

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#73 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 10:54 PM

Bundlefishmama, I'm keeping everything crossed for your bfp in the morning! I am a pee-on-a-stick-aholic myself so I know how you feel. Everything sounds promising! What kind of progesterone cream are you using? I am going to try that this cycle.

Kathryn, I am sorry you are feeling so down. ((((((hugs)))))) Trying to conceive is so hard. How long have you been at it now?

Janey, It kind of looks like O still might be a ways off for you. Your chart kind of looks like mine- no offense :LOL

Slinginmom, You poor thing! I hope you all feel better soon. You know, those you really don't think they're pregnant often are. I think that is an ancient Chinese proverb actually. :LOL

Mimi, When are you testing? Sounds very very promising!!

Yo Becca, Chocolate cravings definitely sound PMS'y to me!

Nichole, I hope your hcg levels were GREAT! Everything's crossed for you!

Nothing new to report here. I keep digging around hoping to find some ew, but there's none to be found. At least my temp is starting to drop. Another week or so before the major bdfest will begin!

Happy night mamas,

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#74 of 358 Old 10-05-2005, 11:51 PM

I'm thinking of taking the rest of the month off, too much is going on here. My ds is having some terrible nights sleeping since our vacation, but I think it's really due to his getting his 2 yr molars. Boy are they slow coming!

Because of it I'm waking a lot and I'm totally confused about when to temp. In the morning I roll toward him and nurse him to get him to stay asleep as long as possible. If I'm sort of half awake, will that affect my temp? I think if I temp before we get up it will wake him up with the little bell on the thermometer.

Otherwise I'm totally confused, but I think it's just my ppAF changes. I'm checking CM and CP (a bit, I'm new to this), but I'm still confused as to whether I'm O'ing. Do the sore nipples indicate O'ing? I think I read that they did. They only problem is that they last 4-5 days, so I don't know exactly when it's happening.

This is a lot more complicated than I first thought!

Good luck to everyone, we can all use some positive energy!!
#75 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 AM

Cheesedreams,

Yes, I get sore BB's as a sign of O, too. It starts a few days before and gets worse as O gets closer...usually lasts until a week or so after. Then starts up again before AF!

As far as the temp thing......I never take my temp. laying in bed. I'm afraid, too, that DS will wake up. I get up and go right into the bathroom and take it. I do the exact same thing every morning, so it works for me. If he is awake, I sit up in bed, russle around a bit (since normally I would get up to walk to the bathroom), and then take it. It breaks the rules, but it's consistant for me.

Oh.....and on the BDing every night front here.......didn't happen tonight! After BDing since I started with the EW on CD11.....we missed the day I O'd!!! Ugh! I put the kids to bed and he was sound asleep. I didn't even try to wake him. He was already worn out from staying awake late to BD all the time (poor guy gets up at 3 a.m. for work). Oh, well. No sense being all upset (even the Halloween thong didn't work). We did BD last night....I guess we'll hope that 1 day before O is good enough. But if my temp doesn't spike tomorrow yet, he'd better look out! I'm taking no prisoners!!!

Nite all!

Dee
#76 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 AM

Well, my temp did not go up today--stayed the same. What the heck?!!! I've read you can O from 12-48 hours after a +OPK, so I guess I have until noon or so today to O! I'm so sick of waiting, waiting, waiting. I thought I was O'g since CD13. And, in the back of my mind I'm scared I won't O at all.

Now, the weird part is that 98.2 would normally be a good 1 DPO temp for me. But this cycle my temps have never really gone down to normal pre-O temps. I don't know what the heck is going on. If I have normal post O temps (assuming, of course, I actually DO o) you won't be able to tell the diff. between pre and post O.

I have had all the signs of O. Sore BB's, cramps, bloating, high soft CP, positive OPK, EWCM......I don't know....my temps are just weird. This morning I had lots of sticky, creamy CM, too and my CP seems much lower--just like I o'd. But my temps.........

I guess CP isn't too reliable and you can O the day after your peak EWCM day so maybe I will the next few hours.......double ugh!!!

I don't mean to hog the board with my whining....I promise to reply to everyone else, too.....I'm just a bit discouraged right now...... :

Dee
#77 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 10:45 AM

Dee, I usually have a dry day before my temp rise. I hope your temp shoots up tomorrow!! I don't know about the high pre-o temps though, they do seem really high. Have you always taken your temp the way you are now- getting out of bed and going into the bathroom? I wouldn't have thought that would be accurate but if you've always been doing it that way then I guess it is!

Bundlefishmama, did you test???

#78 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 AM

oh poo, i just checked your chart and saw the negative. i'm sorry mama. what kind of tests are you using? your chart looks good!

#79 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
Janey, It kind of looks like O still might be a ways off for you. Your chart kind of looks like mine- no offense :LOL
No offense taken at all! It is a wonky chart...anyway, this morning I've got some fertile CM, but I won't see DH until tomorrow night b/c of our work schedules

Anyway, we'll see--take it as it comes, I suppose.

GL to everyone else!
#80 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabry
Janey, your chart is a bit confusing. Have you had any O signs (cm, cramping)? If not, a pattern may still become more clear after you O. Also, when your dh gets up early, do you go back to sleep? If so, temps might be more consistent if you take it at the 6.30 time, even if you only slept another hour or so.
I've got all kinds of fertile-looking CM this morning! But I won't see DH until tomorrow night b/c of our works schedules...here's hoping the CM sticks around and leads to ovulation!
#81 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Have you always taken your temp the way you are now- getting out of bed and going into the bathroom? I wouldn't have thought that >>>

Yeah, I know. But that's always how I've done it. I did remember, too, that DS was REALLY restless last night--tossed and turned and nursed alot....so I didn't get a great night's sleep (we co-sleep)--would that make waking temps. higher or lower?

But, you know....I have always co-slept....always takem my temps this way....and I've never had pre-O temps like this....

Dee
#82 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies, first chance I've gotten to sign on today, can't believe it's naptime for the kids already!! So much to do, had to lead a preschool co-op meeting this morning and have to lead an LLL meeting tonight....in the meantime I am so frazzled and forgetful and disorganized (would like to think it's preggo brain, but as you saw, still a BFN this am!), I thought I was about to teach 3- and 4 year-olds about bfing and the moms how to count to 20! :LOL

Chrissy, thanks for your positive thoughts, I'm still hopeful, it's only 10 dpo and I didn't get a BFP this early with either of my DDs, so I've still got my : I'm using FRERs since it's so early, I have one more of those for tomorrow and then I have a couple EPTs and a couple Accu-Clears for once I'm 12-14 dpo (LOL - can you tell I went a little at the drugstore?? I guess I was hoping to get an early BFP with the FRER, and figured I'd want a different brand to confirm it since they've been having those reports of false positives, you know?) But my chart definitely went triphasic, FF noted that today after 3 temps above my normal post-O range, but....I guess that could be from the progesterone You asked what kind I'm using - it's Pro-Gest by Emerita (www.emerita.com). I've been using 1/2 tsp (or more - I always seem to rub in a bit extra just in case, LOL) twice a day. It's definitely worked for me, my LP was 5 days last cycle, so it's at least doubled! I think it's going to be really hard - if I don't get a BFP - to decide when to call it day and stop using the cream.

Dee - I was going to say what the pp did, I would think that getting up and moving, even just a little and even if you do it more or less the same each day, could mess up your temps. But I guess if you've always done it that way....

#83 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 03:08 PM

This is my first chance to pop in here today! I hope you are all doing well, I am feeling better, just a stuffy nose now. My kiddos are doing better as well, Thank goodness!

Bundlefish-Your chart looks really really good!!! Positive vibes for you

Dee-I am not sure what to say about your temps as I only charted for 6 mths, then stopped, it really annoyed me..LOL!!

I hope you all have a great day, I have to buckle down and clean, my house is a mess and its already 2:00!!!! BYE

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#84 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 03:31 PM

Thank you all for your veyr positive thoughts! My results yesterday were great (over 2900) and I have an u/s scheduled for Tuesday morning. I am really hoping I can take a deep breath after that and relax for awhile. Feel like I am living in limbo!

BundleFishMama - I have my fingers crossed for you!

Who else will be testing soon?

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#85 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 05:02 PM

mimi-I started peeing right away! It was how I knew I was pg with dd and this time I was peeing 3x's a night right before I tested! Anyway, a weird thing happedned about a week before I tested which would have been around implantation. I got a funny feeling in my mouth almost like my mounth was really dry, but I was had lots of extra saliva and I was mega thirsty. It was like a chemical reaction.

Your symptons sound valid, but I know it's hard to trust your body too.

I can't believe I can actually give out dust!

Birth Photographer mom to four blessings
#86 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 05:03 PM

Nichole- Yeah! Here's to high levels and sticky babies!

Birth Photographer mom to four blessings
#87 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 06:07 PM

Well ladies, my AF arrived this afternoon I am upset..

When can I start the Vitex?

Nichole-sticky baby vibes for you

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#88 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 07:16 PM

Julie,

I'm sorry. Nothing more to say, I know. But hugs.....

Dee
#89 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM

Thanks Dee
Did you figure out anything with your temps, I know they are stressing you out...LOL!

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#90 of 358 Old 10-06-2005, 08:28 PM

Dee, I'm sorry the thong did not work. My dh has been so tired and exhausted too to bd before and fallen asleep at 9pm with ds. And you know, the time I did wake him up to bd was not a successful month anyways so it was probably good to let your dh sleep anyways. I always try to comfort myself that if there's ew, there's hope that some sperm are still alive up to O. I also don't find cp reliable at all. It seems mine is up and down all the time and often letting some cm out. I hope you figure out what is going on soon.

Nichole that is such great news

Thanks jen! And how are you feeling by the way?

I've woken up several times now to boobs that feel like they are going to explode off my chest, and still cramping. So I did something really stupid this morning: poas - 7 days past O - bfn. Oh its really too soon, and I just have too many sticks in my bathroom (10 for $10 from extraordinarybabyshoppe.com). At dinner, dh commented on how much meatloaf I ate -sound familiar BundleFishmama? - so I told him about my symptoms and that I poas on one of 8 sticks in the bathroom and told him about my $10 deal. And he asked me how many pregnancies I was planning to have and if we needed to by a mansion for all those kids! :LOL He doesn't understand does he?! I told him it was *a good deal* and they are for testing a little too early.

slingin': you can start vitex right away. And its a great time now as you're on a new cycle and can start 'fresh.'

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page