Nursing Mamas Getting PG in October! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 358 Old 10-08-2005, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin'Momto4
Becca-Thanks for the info on the Vitex I am concerned though about lowering my milk supply, I hope it does not lower it to much, Mase will not be happy...LOL! Girl, I do not know how you are being soo patient not to test
FWIW, I didn't have a drop in milk supply at all - I read that actually, for some women it does the reverse, and slightly increases supply! I don't know, just my experience, but I didn't have any side effects at all from Vitex, milk supply or mood or anything else. It worked quickly for me, too! If you have trouble finding it, make sure to ask, I've seen it in different places in different stores - not always in the alphabetized supplements, sometimes the "feminine" ones are grouped together, like with the menopause support supplements, etc., in a different section.

Cheesedreams, thanks! Yes, I highly recommend you take the threadkeeper job for November!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#122 of 358 Old 10-08-2005, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama
FWIW, I didn't have a drop in milk supply at all - I read that actually, for some women it does the reverse, and slightly increases supply! I don't know, just my experience, but I didn't have any side effects at all from Vitex, milk supply or mood or anything else. It worked quickly for me, too! If you have trouble finding it, make sure to ask, I've seen it in different places in different stores - not always in the alphabetized supplements, sometimes the "feminine" ones are grouped together, like with the menopause support supplements, etc., in a different section.
Thanks Bundlefish!
Do you think they would have the Vitex at GNC? I live in a very mainstream part of MA and the closest whole food store is like 45 min away but GNC is only 20 min! It sucks sometimes living around all mainstream mamas

How are you feeling??????

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#123 of 358 Old 10-08-2005, 02:00 PM

I got Vitex at GNC when I was TTC my DD;-)
#124 of 358 Old 10-08-2005, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedreams
Has anyone out there had trouble with getting temps to make sense while nursing???

This is so confusing!!!

Yup I'm on CD 19 and no clear signs of anything yet...oh well. I'm so excited for all those who are waiting to test though--can't wait to hear!
#125 of 358 Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 PM

Bundlefishmama, Congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.
Cheesedreams, night nursing did not interfere with charting for me, but my first few pp cycles were confusing and unclear. I think I might not have O'ed during those cycles.
Dee, thanks for asking about me. I saw my OB yesterday and will be doing a "recurrent miscarriage work-up". Of course, most of the blood tests can't be done until at least six weeks post-miscarriage, so that means I'm not supposed to get pregnant for at least one to two cycles. At first, I was upset about that but now I feel a little relieved too. So I'll be hanging around here but not as actively.
Hoping for lots of BFP's this month! Thanks everyone for your support.

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#126 of 358 Old 10-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Becca, did you test???

More from me later, just stopping in to check in.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#127 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedreams
Has anyone out there had trouble with getting temps to make sense while nursing???

This is so confusing!!!
Yep. That's why I don't temp. :LOL They were all over the place, dd kept waking up half a dozen times around critical days, I was getting upset, so I said forget it.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#128 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 01:45 AM

Woooohooooooo Congradulations BundleFishMama! I knew it was your month!

I'm still holding out here waiting -er- trying not to test as I'm only 9 dpo, and my chart has gone triphasiac (although it usually does anyways) All week I've had increasing nausea though; on monday and tuesday I was taking flu remedies :LOL which were not working. This morining I thought I would have a coffee with dh at his favorite coffee shop. Then I thought, nah, I'll just have a few sips of his. After two min. of being in the coffee aroma filled cafe, I was starting to get sick, then I told him we had to go and drink it outside. So then we walked to the store and bought our thanksgiving turkey, which is this weekend in Canada, so I'm hoping we'll have something to be super thankful for! hmmmm, maybe I'll poas with fmu tomorrow . . .

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#129 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 08:25 AM

Jessica-HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! Positive vibes for you
Your symptoms sound good!! Your description of the coffee shop makes me want a coffee :LOL

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#130 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 08:34 AM

Jessica, sounds *very* promising! I hope you'll be posting about a bfp in a few hours!!

#131 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

That does sounds promising, Jessica...: for you!!!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#132 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 02:25 PM

Aaaak! So I got up this morning, peed in a cup, and bfn. Its the same kind of tests that dr's offices use, according the the website, and are sensitive at 20 so I don't think there's anything less sensitive than that. Then I checked the website and it said to wait for up to, but no more, than 5 min.
This was over an hour later and dh has taken ds to the park this morning so I can have a break. So I take out the test again and study it. It has the kind of line that if you blink, it disappears, so I might actually be delusional. Well, its only day 10, and I'm sick from eating breakfast, which I forced down pb with banana on spelt toast. Ah, well, here's to waiting. Thanks for all your crossed fingers though!

Slingin'Momto4: have a cup of coffee for me!

So BundleFishMama: what day did you get your bfp? And how sensitive were your tests?

#133 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 02:34 PM

Oh, its ok BundleFishMama! I went back a few pages and read your post and then compared your brands on poas.com. Wow! those tests are not too senstitive! 50 and 100, So at 11dpo that's awsome!

#134 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 08:36 PM

We had a busy day today! We went to the mall then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and it was sooo yummy I got my Vitex today and plan on starting it tomorrow but I am feeling a little hesitant on starting it, I am not sure why but I do. AF has almost left the building WOOHOO :LOL

Jessica-It could still be early for your BFP! I am sending you positive vibes and I am hoping that there really is a line and you are not delusional! and I sure will drink a cup of coffee for you

Hope the rest of you had a great and restful weekend

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#135 of 358 Old 10-09-2005, 11:25 PM

Jessica, I actually work in a dr's office and the tests there say they're sensitive to 20, but when my first response and answer and equate were already very obviously positive for 2-3 days, the test at work only showed a line after 15 minutes or so (well after the 10 minutes max it says). Even a week later the line was much fainter than the drugstore hpt's. Soo, there is definitely hope!

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#136 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
Becca, did you test???
I almost talked myself out of it, b/c I had mad quantities of CM Friday night (suggesting maybe all these symptoms were O (a girl can hope, right?)). But I decided that I had been so patient in not testing that I would go ahead and do it, even though I knew it would be neg. ANd it was - no surprise there. But I always enjoy knowing. :LOL But I'm still having lots of EWCM, so we'll keep DTD....

Jessica - boy this sounds promising - fingers crossed for you.
#137 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi!
Oh, its ok BundleFishMama! I went back a few pages and read your post and then compared your brands on poas.com. Wow! those tests are not too senstitive! 50 and 100, So at 11dpo that's awsome!
Jessica, hope it was just too early for you - I got BFNs on 9 dpo and 10 dpo, so there's still plenty of hope!! Your symptoms sound really promising!

I was surprised though, the FRER is supposed to be the most sensitive test out there, right? Can detect 15 or less? But actually the Accu-Clear (which is supposed to be sensitive only to 50 or so, as you said) actually gave me a much darker line. Weird, huh? The FRER line was sooooo faint I thought I was hallucinating! The Accu-Clear was light but definitely there! I don't know....you can go staring at these pee sticks, you know?!

Anyway, hope you get your soon!! Same goes for everyone else!!

#138 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I got my Vitex today and plan on starting it tomorrow but I am feeling a little hesitant on starting it, I am not sure why but I do.
Julie, I know what you mean, I felt really hesitant starting the Vitex and also, especially, starting the natural progesterone cream - but now I wish I'd done it sooner! I don't know, I think, personally, I was a little wary just because it's so "unconventional", you know? Even though I should totally know better by now, there's still part of me I think that subconsciously believes that if a doctor prescribes something and you go to a pharmacy and get it, it's safe, whereas if it's herbal or something and you decide to use it on your own, it could be harmful. I know, totally backwards in most cases, right?! More often than not, it's the other way around - but it's just how I was raised, and our whole society, that puts so much emphasis on doctors and pharmaceuticals but not on natural remedies that people have used safely and successfully for centuries. I don't know...still when I tell most people I was taking herbal supplements to try to help my cycles and conceive, they look at me funny and roll their eyes (and I'm like, well, it obviously helped, right?!) So maybe your reasons are different, but that was my reason for feeling a little weird about trying all the stuff I've tried these past few cycles! I'm so glad I did, though!

#139 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 01:32 AM

Hello Everyone...

I am new here. I have been reading your posts for a few days and want to join. I am the mommy of a 6th month old boy named, Zach. I am 28 years old and want to have another baby soon (next year sometime). I have not yet had a PPAF and am worried I might not get one. I have PCOs and never have periods without taking Provera. So I am not sure what to do. I already do not feed him from midnight to 5 am. I also have to take 250 mg Clomid to get pregnant and so I am at a loss of what to do once I actually get AF. It took us over 3.5 years to have Zach and I really can't wait that long this time. Any advice would be wonderful. I tried Vitex in the past to try and regulate my cycle with out using Provera and nothing happened after 4-5 months of taking it so I gave it up. Thanks!

Adrienne
#140 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Julie, I know what you mean, I felt really hesitant starting the Vitex and also, especially, starting the natural progesterone cream - but now I wish I'd done it sooner! I don't know, I think, personally, I was a little wary just because it's so "unconventional", you know? Even though I should totally know better by now, there's still part of me I think that subconsciously believes that if a doctor prescribes something and you go to a pharmacy and get it, it's safe, whereas if it's herbal or something and you decide to use it on your own, it could be harmful. I know, totally backwards in most cases, right?! More often than not, it's the other way around - but it's just how I was raised, and our whole society, that puts so much emphasis on doctors and pharmaceuticals but not on natural remedies that people have used safely and successfully for centuries. I don't know...still when I tell most people I was taking herbal supplements to try to help my cycles and conceive, they look at me funny and roll their eyes (and I'm like, well, it obviously helped, right?!) So maybe your reasons are different, but that was my reason for feeling a little weird about trying all the stuff I've tried these past few cycles! I'm so glad I did, though!
Thanks so much Bundlefish! Those are my exact reasons, I just feel like it could be harmful but I know its not, KWIM? I guess society has a bigger impact on me then I would like :LOL . I told my Mom and she was freaking out, so that does not help matters! I started it last night and so far so good. I also saw some Femgest progesterone cream at GNC but I am not sure if I need that or not. Do you think I should just try the Vitex this cycle? Did you only take one pill a day? How are you feeling? Rub that belly and send me vibes

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#141 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnden
Hello Everyone...

I am new here. I have been reading your posts for a few days and want to join. I am the mommy of a 6th month old boy named, Zach. I am 28 years old and want to have another baby soon (next year sometime). I have not yet had a PPAF and am worried I might not get one. I have PCOs and never have periods without taking Provera. So I am not sure what to do. I already do not feed him from midnight to 5 am. I also have to take 250 mg Clomid to get pregnant and so I am at a loss of what to do once I actually get AF. It took us over 3.5 years to have Zach and I really can't wait that long this time. Any advice would be wonderful. I tried Vitex in the past to try and regulate my cycle with out using Provera and nothing happened after 4-5 months of taking it so I gave it up. Thanks!

Adrienne
Hi Adrienne and Welcome I do not have any advice but I am sure some of these smart women will I just wanted to say HI!!!

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#142 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks so much Bundlefish! Those are my exact reasons, I just feel like it could be harmful but I know its not, KWIM? I guess society has a bigger impact on me then I would like :LOL . I told my Mom and she was freaking out, so that does not help matters! I started it last night and so far so good. I also saw some Femgest progesterone cream at GNC but I am not sure if I need that or not. Do you think I should just try the Vitex this cycle? Did you only take one pill a day? How are you feeling? Rub that belly and send me vibes
I took several of the Vitex pills a day, I followed the recommendation on the bottle - mine had 200 mg (I think?) of chasteberry extract and suggested you take 2 pills twice a day - then someone around here (Jessica? sorry I forget who!) said her ND had said that you need to take enough to make it effective, so this last cycle I was taking anywhere from 4 to 6 pills per day (depending on when I remembered it!) As for the progesterone cream, I think it's really only necessary if you have a luteal phase problem - how many days is your LP? My first cycle my LP was only 5 days, which is why I took it this last time. I'm feeling pretty good - thanks! Although actually, I kinda wish I felt a little worse, I always think some nausea, etc. is a good sign, even if unpleasant, you know? I am peeing like every 10 seconds though...and starving all the time....so I guess those are decent signs :LOL Got my : for you!

#143 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 AM

hello! popping in to say hi.

i am tabitha, tandem nursing mama to tristan and kassiopeia. this isnt the first time i've posted in this thread- i conceived kassiopeia here! hehe.

this time it is more complicated. i don't have my cycles back... 15/ 16 months postpartum and no cycles kinda sucks.

i am dayweaning my oldest for several reasons... it has only been a week and i still don't notice many changes. kassiopeia, my youngest, nurses a lot but gives me at least a 7 hour stretch at night. you would think i'd get my cycles in.

am i a fool to think i might get pg. even without my cycles? or should i hold off hope until i have a cycle to chart?

tabitha

eta: btw, i have that POAS neurosis, i just tested yesterday and got an inconclusive result.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#144 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 11:54 AM

I've stopped the Vitex, since my milk has drastically dropped over the last two days. I really don't feel pg and tested, yes, only dpo 10, BFN. I've also been very moody, I don't know what's up and just wish I could figure it all out!! My ds is still bf'ing the same, but he's getting very little milk. Wow, this is frustrating!!

As for temping, I'm totally frustrated!! : My ds was up a lot again last night, will these 2 yr molars ever come? , and so I took my temp after broken sleep and it was once again much lower. My chart doesn't make sense. The temp peak came much later than EWCM and my feeling of O'ing. The good side is that it looks like I'll have a long cycle and if my guess on O'ing is correct, then a long LP.

I'm very sad about the drop in my milk supply. My ds and I have been through about every bf'ing issue over 22 months and I'm not ready to end it. We will see what happens. It's just weird that it just happened two days ago, unless the Vitex took that long (over a month) to affect it.

I could use some good news...
#145 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM

I'm back in the game!!!

I think i'm going to have an annovulatory cycle this month though. I thought for sure I was going to O. I had good EWCM, temp drop but never got an open cervix really and my temp didn't rise really and I got a low on my fertility monitor(just bought it). So who the frick knows. LOL And if I did O I missed it because of our break.

I did start taking Vitex though along with my pre-conception tincture. I got the tinture form and YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! I think I'm going to have to get the pills. It's just to nasty for words.

Cheesedreams-My herbalist says that Vitex actually increases milk production.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#146 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I took several of the Vitex pills a day, I followed the recommendation on the bottle - mine had 200 mg (I think?) of chasteberry extract and suggested you take 2 pills twice a day - then someone around here (Jessica? sorry I forget who!) said her ND had said that you need to take enough to make it effective, so this last cycle I was taking anywhere from 4 to 6 pills per day (depending on when I remembered it!) As for the progesterone cream, I think it's really only necessary if you have a luteal phase problem - how many days is your LP? My first cycle my LP was only 5 days, which is why I took it this last time. I'm feeling pretty good - thanks! Although actually, I kinda wish I felt a little worse, I always think some nausea, etc. is a good sign, even if unpleasant, you know? I am peeing like every 10 seconds though...and starving all the time....so I guess those are decent signs :LOL Got my : for you!
Okay, my Vitex has 500 mg in it? On the bottle it says to take 1 a day, should I take 2 or more? Last cycle my LP was 13 days.

I know what you mean about feeling more symptoms. I always felt better when I got some naseous or something!

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#147 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Welcome new mommas!!

To those who haven't received PPAF yet, the average for bfing moms is either 13.6 or 14.6 months (I'm forgetting my numbers today!) to get AF back. That's just average, so many moms get it back before then, and others go way longer, I didn't get mine back for 30 months.

Caroline- I had the same issue with Vitex, I took it for a couple months, had a big drop in supply so I stopped it, and then started it back up a couple weeks later at a low dose after my supply had gone back to normal, then lost my supply completely. DD kept telling me "nee nees" were all gone. So I don't take Vitex anymore, my supply recovered fine after some mother's milk tea. good luck.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#148 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 05:41 PM

I also have been wary of taking supplements but for a different reason. With my head, I really think my body knows best and it will conceive when it is ready to carry another pregnancy. My heart, on the other hand, is ready to be pregnant NOW! So I always hesitate because I'm not sure if I want to trick my body into doing something it isn't quite ready to do. So, I am totally on the fence right now about whether or not I'll do the progesterone cream this cycle or not. Also, I am taking B6. I don't know. I really want these babies to be closer in age than my last 2 (almost 3 years apart) and if we're only having 3 (which my dh is sure we are) then I'm ready to have them and move on. So for those reasons I am tinkering with nature and my body and taking B6- and maybe Progesterone cream. Just thought I'd add my .02.

Treehugginmama, Welcome back!

Tabitha, Welcome! So are you still nursing your oldest at night? I think they say night nursing has the most impact on fertility. I don't think you are a fool at all to ttc without having a cycle but it can be kind of frustrating- I did it last time. I think charting is still very helpful before your first post-partum period. You should be able to see the first time you ovulate and it takes a lof of the guesswork out of all the crazy hormonal stuff our bodies sometimes go through gearing up to get fertile again.

Which reminds me, Becca, I have been meaning to ask if you'd thought of charting. I know it made me feel a lot better when I was in limbo land last time- wanting to conceive but not having had period yet.

Okay, chaos here (as usual). Better go,
C

#149 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 06:32 PM

Hi all ~ wow lots goin on here!!!
Congrats Bundlefish! WHOO HoO!!!!
and lots of great pg symptoms all around!!

As for me I'm out of the running for now . My midwife called me last week with my bloodtest results and basically my progesterone is quite low-no surprisde there : - took prog. supps. w/ both pgs successfully thank God . But my estrogen level is very, very low. She mentioned though she doesn't believe I am entering early menopause~yet (I will be 31 in dec.) my estrogen levels are in that range and she is perplexed at my regular periods, she agreed that obv. I'm not ovulating, she couldn't answer my 5000 questions and I have an appt with the fertility spec. on Nov.3. He is s'posed to be fantastic and I'm praying that supplements will be a quick fix . But I am still nursin my ds and was hoping to let him wean himself as dd did. I guess all I can do is wait and see what this doc has to say. I also have the name of a great homeopath so...
unfortunately I've been going through trying to get my records to bring to my doc appt. my midwife/obs office burned to the ground a few months back and with it my records, there were no offsite backup records so my first infertility battle was 6+years ago & I do not remember dates of procedures, meds, appt, etc. . Luckily I tracked down 'some' info from outside offices where I had procedures etc. but have to be pulled from storage, so far everyone has been pretty helpful as everyone knows of the office fire. And I have my own charts but that won't be worth much I suppose . So
thats whats happening here. I'd love any prayers and/or positive thoughts you could spare. so today two different people referred to it as seconday infertility so this seventh cycle is midway but I'm not holding out hope, not really trying this month seeing as my body is idling :LOL , i hope the battle is short
if you got this far... thanks for reading

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#150 of 358 Old 10-10-2005, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mamabear, really sorry to hear all that you're going through, hopefully it will be simple solution like hormone supplementaion or something...will pray for you though!

Julie, if it has 500 mg I would prob take two a day but that's just impatient ol' me - you might want to start gradually, try taking one a day for a cycle or two and see what happens, you could take two if you don't notice any result in a few cycles. Sounds like you don't need the progesterone, if your LP is 13 days. Hope the Vitex works for you! I also took guafenesin tabs the few days before O this past cycle, figured it couldn't hurt!

Chrissy, I know what you mean - I also thought about that, that maybe my body wasn't ready - but then I figured, I wouldn't start taking Vitex, etc. until I had some signs that my fertility was coming back. From about 9 or 10 months on, I had random spotting and patches of ewcm, which I figured meant that my body was trying to get back to fertility, so then I thought, well, I'm not forcing anything, just helping it along a bit!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page