Flying while ttc - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-26-2002, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that there is radiation exposure when flying. My question is, should you avoid ttc if you know you are going on a long flight? I mc in November and have had one period since. Now I feel the desire to ttc but I am taking a trip in mid-January. I am torn as to whether I should wait until I get back or if it isn't a problem. What do you think?

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#2 of 6 Old 12-26-2002, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone have any ideas on this? I would really like some feedback as to your thoughts...:

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#3 of 6 Old 12-26-2002, 11:51 PM

Go for it. The radation levels flying are very low especially compared to radation you come in contact with in the rest of your life.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#4 of 6 Old 12-27-2002, 05:31 PM

I got pg with my first during a vacation to San Francisco. He is four, perfectly healthy, and way too smart for his own good.: I was more worried about standing too close to my microwave.:LOL
#5 of 6 Old 12-27-2002, 07:45 PM

I would go for it, naturegirl! I had just gotten my + preg test a week before when I hopped on a flight for my Christmas vacation. All turned out very well with my son, who is a healthy 2 year old now. I was much more worried about all the ultrasounds (supposedly for my baby's own good) during my pregnancy than about the little radiation from the flight. The one concern I would have about traveling while newly pregnant: if you experience "morning" sickness during your pregnancy, you might feel as miserable while traveling as I did, and that part was no fun at all. Good luck to you!!
#6 of 6 Old 12-29-2002, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really feeling the baby need lately. I would also like to use up some of that baby dust that is being passed around. I am ready!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page