TTC and feeling guilty? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-26-2002, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm new to this board but think I'll be spending some time here. I'm a SAHM to a DS age 4 and DD age 15 mos. They are easy going great children. DH is sooo ready to start for #3-he's been ready for about 3 mos. But here's the rub-I'm still nursing my 15 mos old regularly and I'm feeling guilty about getting pregnant and then mostly drying up and making her wean for the most part. I also know that I'll have a good 6 mos where I just won't have the energy to do as much with them and they are very active kids.
I'm 34 and know I'm not getting any younger so ideally, I should do this now if we're going to have #3. (We're also open to more kids so that's another reason to hurry up) I also want a fall baby so these next 2 mos would be the prime time.
If I wasn't nursing I don't think I'd hesitate but I just hate to force weaning.
BTW-I've been having my period for about 6 mos and I know I'm ovulating so even though I'm nursing I don't think it should affect conceiving.
What do others think about this? My husband thinks I'm nutty and that DD will wean easily. I'm not so sure so I need some more objective feedback.
Thanks,
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#2 of 3 Old 12-26-2002, 01:45 PM

I don't really have any advice for you but wanted to give you a

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#3 of 3 Old 12-27-2002, 05:39 PM

First of all, there are many kiddos who nurse all the way through a pregnancy. My oldest son was 20 months when I got pg with number two and he weaned himself very gently when I was three months pregnant. He went from nursing several times everyday to once a day to once every other day to once every few days until he just never asked again. It was gentle, beautiful, stressless and entirely initiated by him. Just because there was little milk there didn't mean that I forced him to wean. I would have tandem nursed if he had wanted. I also would have let him try again when the baby came if he had asked, but he never did.

If you get pregnant and your son weans, please do not feel guilty. It will still be his choice. If he doesn't wean then you can tandem nurse. I was personally glad that my son weaned because I was so tired that it was a blessing.

The lactation consultants at the Breastfeeding support group at Mercy in IC have both had experience with tandam nursing and nursing through pregnancies. If you are ever interested in going to the meeting, let me know and I'll meet you there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page