*The One Thread* - Oct.9 -Oct.15 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama
Since I still lurk around here I had to remind you - cough syrup tastes digusting, you can get the exact same effect by taking guafenesin tablets (Mucinex) and then you don't have the other icky ingredients in Robitussin. Just a suggestion! I took them for - I think - 3 days before O and the day of O this last cycle. : for you all!
Got some! Thanks for the reminder, BundleFishMama. How're you feeling? What dosage did you use for the tablets? It says to take 1-2 every 12 hours. And...wow...it has 6x the amount of guafenesin as Robitussin!

Yay, Pandora! I'm so happy everything is working out for you.

Henry's_Mamma~ : for Friday.

luckymama~ Warm and tingly is a good sign, I think...

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#62 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

paisley - thanks for the chocolates! I've actually already dug into the Halloween candy Dh picked up on sale. : Mmmmm... KitKats.....

Ugh, as if I didn't feel awful enough about not being pg already I just got an email from someone looking for homebirth midwives in the area (I'm co-leader for my local Holistic Moms Network chapter, so I am apparently the go-to lady on all things holistic. :LOL) I'm happy for her, but damn! why can't I be calling my midwife too?

Okay. I need more chocolate.
#63 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggles
Got some! Thanks for the reminder, BundleFishMama. How're you feeling? What dosage did you use for the tablets? It says to take 1-2 every 12 hours.
Yeah, I think I took 1 tablet twice a day. Anything to spare that awful cough-syrup taste, you know?! I'm feeling OK so far, thanks for asking - I actually wish I were feeling worse though, because my hcg and progesterone were a little bit low when I first had labs done, so I'm a little nervous now! But hopefully it's nothing, my midwife didn't seem too worried, she just put me on some extra progesterone and is going to watch my hcg to make sure it's increasing appropriately. So I hope all is well....but I would certainly appreciate any sticky-baby prayers you all can spare!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#64 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM

list of things to do tomorrow-

buy mucinex tabs, find bromelain tablets. anyone know where i can find those?
#65 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Banned

I took Benalyn with Menthactin *Acctually tasted GOOD* and yes it was the expectorant type.

So, if you cant get mucinex *Like up here* Benalyn with Menthactin is the best one.

Extra Strength Expectorant is what I got

*Living proof that it worked!*
#66 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM

So, I did an OPK today (Answer brand) at 2pm, and it was a clear +. I only held my pee for 45 minutes, if that.
I just did another at 5pm, and it is a definite -. This was after holding for 2 hours. What's going on? Did I catch my LH surge this afternoon?

Thanks for replying, BundleFishMama. Did you get a second beta yet? Hcg can only be considered low if it doesn't double properly. Many thoughts for you, mama.

HotMama1221~ You can get Bromelain at any store that sells vitamins/minerals. Just ask the person working there to help you find it.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#67 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
Anyway ... who knows. I'm just glad I've finally been able to commit myself to a date certain for testing so I can stop obsessing, at least a little. So ... anybody joining me for my poas party on Friday?
Well I am testing on Thurs. if it is BFN I will be testing until AF, BFN or until Sunday to come off my prog. cream. So I may get to test with you on Friday...

: that we both get a big
#68 of 219 Old 10-11-2005, 11:16 PM

Baby dust to those of you testing this week!!

I have a question, after GIO, do you keep your legs up? i laid on the floor with my legs on the couch for about 20 minutes. someone told me that helps? thoughts?
#69 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 12:56 AM

:

still lurking every few days ... miss you gals! Here's some more
#70 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 01:17 AM

*delurks and spies around* Since it's slow I've decided to come out of hiding. I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks now, and just wanted to say hi! I'm ttc with my hubby, and you all have been a big help. reading your posts has given me a lot of advice, especially for such a newbie as myself! I can't wait to start posting more often.

*goes back to lurking and reading more stuff about pineapple juice*
#71 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome faerymae! No need to lurk, we'd love to have you join us! Do you want me to add your name to the list?

katytheprincess2 - do you want me to move you to waiting to know?
#72 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 AM

meggles: I thought that once an OPK turned positive, it stayed positive for a couple of days? Not really sure, since I always stop testing once I get a good strong positive. Had you been testing in the days leading up to the positive? Maybe the reason they say to hold your pee for four hours before testing is because the LH hormone comes out in bursts. . . so the first time maybe you happened to test right after a burst, and the second time the burst hadn't happened yet. Obviously, I'm pulling at straws, but it does sound puzzling. Any other symptoms of O?

Hotmama: I think legs up after bd is a great idea. I do IUI to get pg, and even after IUI, the doctor has me lie on the table with my legs up for 20 minutes (and this is when the sperm are already all the way in my uterus). If I was bding to making a baby, I would be lying with my legs up for an hour at least. But even with IUI, I'm paranoid the sperm is going to fall out!

I have a few pregnant friends right now too, although I have more friends who have just given birth. It was really hard for me when they were all getting pregnant, and all I wanted was to be ttc at least, but dw wasn't ready yet. She kept saying, "yeah, but they don't have TWINS already!"

Speaking of twins, Pandora, did not finding out about your hcg levels mean that they weren't HIGHER than normal, or just that they weren't lower than normal? I remember you saying that you thought there might be two in there. . . When my doctor called with my 14dpo results last time I was pg, she said, "there's nothing to worry about, your levels look great--405." And I thought, "that seems a little HIGH!" She just thought it was a very well established pregnancy.

I forgot to thank all those who commented on my boys. . . thank you! I need major reminders of how cute they LOOK these days. . .

4/5 dpo and I *think* that my areolas are getting darker. I could definitely be imagining it, though. I remember this happening last time. I also had a couple of shooting pains in my nipples yesterday. Promising.

Welcome faerymae! To ttc, and the One Thread, and MDC! Good luck!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#73 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Banned

They never called me back at all. Oh well. I'll find out on the 24th. But I'm *still* going in for that early US to see if there are two. And I dont know how many DPO I was when I got my beta. I didn't really chart this past cycle.
#74 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 AM

Pandora, *very* glad to hear that you never got a call!

Can I ask what you ladies think about OPKs? If you're able to decipher your cycles through charting, do you think that OPKs are a good addition? Do they just complicate things? Do they confuse you?

I am considering buying some, but wonder how much additional info they would give me.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#75 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 AM

Welcome to the boards! I am so impressed by all you 1st timers who know about the mothering site, I wish I knew about it beforehand as well!!

Good luck and bottoms up on the pineapple juice!
#76 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 11:05 AM

thanks for the welcomes ladies!
#77 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM

Just checking in...AF finally showed (thank God) and I'm now CD 11. Spermies arrive this Friday. I used soy tablets CD 3-7 (pseudo-Clomid) so may O earlier than my usual CD 20-23, then again, I may not. Back to the temping, OPK-ing, green-tea drinking life.

If anyone wants some Vitex or Mucinex free for shipping, pm me. I won't be using either again, but they might help someone. It's GNC Vitex, about 1/2 bottle left (maybe 50 capsules?) and regular Mucinex, maybe 10 tabs left (out of 24).

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice
#78 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
I am so impressed by all you 1st timers who know about the mothering site, I wish I knew about it beforehand as well!!
: omg - me, too!!! i imagine my life might have been a bit different the first time around with the mdc boards, rather than the mainstream boards i did find ... i didn't even know about mothering mag until after my initial adventures in breastfeeding. (when my sil the doula gave me one ... sure wish that had happened earlier, too! ah well, everything for a reason?)

welcome faerymae!!!

7dpo - temps continue to rise ... today's temp is the peak temp i've hit in recent cycles ... so let's see what's what tomorrow. still hitting the pineapple pretty hard these days.
#79 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 PM

Elowyn-oh I am so glad the cycle from heck is over!!! I hope this one isn't as !

Luckymama-Nice chart, I love th 5dpo dip : What would you have done differently had you been on the boards earlier? I know my decision to CD wouldn't have been as hard to make!!! I thought I was the oddball out!

And you know, I was thinking, I bet that pineapple would be just as effective covered in melted chocolate, fondue anyone? Hehe!
#80 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 01:32 PM

Quote:

And you know, I was thinking, I bet that pineapple would be just as effective covered in melted chocolate, fondue anyone? Hehe!

yum. Sounds fabulous. what time should I join you?
#81 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavournin
Welcome faerymae! No need to lurk, we'd love to have you join us! Do you want me to add your name to the list?

katytheprincess2 - do you want me to move you to waiting to know?

Yup my tempt was up again today so I think with 3 days of above coverline temps it is safe to say I am in the 2WW or so I hope! So yeah go ahead and move me please!

Okay ladies look at my chart again...Whatcha think?
#82 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 02:06 PM

I'm really not feeling like this is the month. AF was scheduled for yesterday and I feel a bit crampy today . I'm just gonna wait it out and not waste a test. I'm a little upset, but we just started ttc.
#83 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap
I'm really not feeling like this is the month. AF was scheduled for yesterday and I feel a bit crampy today . I'm just gonna wait it out and not waste a test. I'm a little upset, but we just started ttc.
Oh this TTC stuff can be so hard... Why don't you pick out a nice bottle of wine Lisa, one to ease the pain if AF comes or one that your SO can toast to your apple juice just in case she doesn't come
#84 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 PM

Thanks SlingWearin'Mama! Just feeling pretty yucky and a bit moody which I think is due to AF! Still waiting though!
#85 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Luckymama- What would you have done differently had you been on the boards earlier? I know my decision to CD wouldn't have been as hard to make!!! I thought I was the oddball out!
slingwearinmama - oh so many things! i would have: cd'd from the start; spent a lot more time at least researching homebirth & water births; been straighforward with my doc about my feelings regarding her insane desire to induce me on my due date; been better prepared for breastfeeding; not succumbed (temporarily) to pressure to get baby out of my bed ... i think in general, i felt like a freak when my instincts were telling me that it was not right to try to force my son to sleep through the night or to leave him alone instead of holding him in order for him to get used to being by himself and ... well, i wouldn't have felt so awful the day a poll on another board was put up that asked what age the moms felt was too old to breastfeed, and 85% responded that babies are too old to breastfeed at age 2. gosh, sorry for the rambling vent-ish response ... you really got me thinking. not only have i learned a lot from people here, but i have also found a lot of women here who have felt like outsiders because they had some of the same thoughts and feelings that i had - what a relief the day i found out.

as for the chocolate fondue - count me in!
#86 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:26 PM

katytheprincess2 - your chart looks good to me! welcome to the 2ww ...

lisap - i get very moody and frustrated right around when i expect af, too. slingwearinmama has some great advice ... and i've got : for you that it's raging hormones of the pg kind!
#87 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:34 PM

I was lucky enough to find MDC before we started ttc last time. So it's been a part of my mothering experience from the start. Hard to imagine life without it!

Have any of you felt pretty sure that you were pregnant and then NOT actually been pregnant? I have so little experience with this whole ttc thing, and I don't know if I should trust my instincts or if it's common to FEEL pregnant when ttc, just from the hoping and thinking about it so much. I don't want to be setting myself up for a huge disappointment (and dw is really worried that I'm headed in that direction), but at this point I'm actually more worried about whether or not I've conceived twins again than I am about whether or not I'm pregnant. I just feel pregnant. But I'm trying to keep it in mind that I could just be creating these symptoms due to wanting to feel them.

Another question: do you guys usually dream that you're pregnant during the 2 week wait? The last three nights, I've dreamt I was pregnant every night. Before the last few nights, the last time I dreamt I was pregnant was when I WAS pregnant.

Obsessing on rainy day. . .

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#88 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM

DISCLAIMER: sorry but this post is way off topic. i was just desperate to share with someone, and i thought maybe you all wouldn't burn me at the stake for going off topic for one quick post. (please? ) i've got this warm, tingly feeling in my belly already, and dt just warmed my heart.

in what mdc forum should i post this little admiration of my 2y3m old? i gave him a choice of a variety of leftovers to pick out his lunch, and my little man skipped right past the hotdogs and pasta, said no to pb&j and filled his plate with: one stalk steamed broccoli; 8 cherry tomatoes; 6 blanched baby carrots; a handful each of kidney beans, garbanzo beans and edamame ... and he asked for honey mustard salad dressing on the side for dipping his carrots.

now back to our regular scheduled obsessing ...
#89 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
Have any of you felt pretty sure that you were pregnant and then NOT actually been pregnant? ...
Another question: do you guys usually dream that you're pregnant during the 2 week wait?
yes to the first question, but my af symptoms and my pg signs are very, very, very similar ... and no to the second question. i have only dreamed of being pregnant when i was pregnant.

: and obsessing with ya!
#90 of 219 Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

oh luckymama - that's great! My ds normally is an excellent eater, and prefers to eat zucchinni (as opposed to my dd who prefers pasta and sugar...) But over the past few days he won't eat without ketchup. And everyone give my Dh a big round of applause and a hug for introducing COFFEE to the 22 month olds diet. All he says now is "toffee? toffee? TOFFEE!!" :

Katy - you're moved!

AF/cramps are really kicking my butt today. I'm tired of this already.

My DD has been begging for a baby sister. This has been going on for months, but today when we got home from lunch she said "Mommy, if there was a baby in your belly, we could call it acorn." Too cute.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page