*The One Thread* - Oct.9 -Oct.15 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pandora. I'm really really sorry.

I haven't even started TTC yet (been thinking about it/planning a long time, though) and I have pregnancy dreams a lot. Not necessarily in what would be the 2WW even. I think it's more about me being "ready" to be pregnant than my body trying to get me a message, ya know?

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2005, 09:58 AM

cd 24, 5/6 dpo

Well, last night in my pregnancy dream they had come up with some new pregnancy test that allowed you to test just a few days after conception. I got my hands on one, and of course, tested positive. I wish! I'm still pretty back and forth, feeling definitely pregnant one moment and then convincing myself that I could very
well not be the next. I do have one more fairly exciting--and quite odd--possible pregnancy symptom to report. Last night I discovered that I have a zit on my butt. This may sound far-reaching to some, but *as far as I know* the only other time I've had a butt zit is when I was newly pregnant with Luke and Jaz. It was one of my first symptoms (along with the excessive ear wax). So, last night I was lying in bed and lamenting with dw about possible symptoms and whether I could be imagining them all, and I said, "I mean, if I had something concrete--something like a butt zit--I would feel a lot more positive about things," and I did a quick scan, and sure enough (dw confirmed it) I do have one! There is certainly a possibility that I have these things all the time and just never bother to check until I'm obsessing over possible pregnancy.

:LOL

Slingwearin'mama--I'm thinking of you and sending *positive* vibes your way!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:16 AM

Lisa I hope you enjoy the recipe, and ohh two days late? That's exciting Okay I am impressed by you holding back on constant testing, haha!

Well BFN... Af is scheduled for today but i don't feel pre-af.... I am guessing the higher dose of pro. cream is postponing her... I'll probably wait till saturday to test again...

Thanx everyone for the positive vibes!!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM

hello all-
just joining. i am cd25 and 11dpo. and trying to be patient. this is the cd i got a positive with my DD but i took a test this morning and no dice. i'm not very confident about this month. i wasn't charting but i know i O'd- i have very regular cycles and i do get that flank pain when i O. but i just don't feel preggo. there were tell-tale signs with my daughter 3-5dpo and i haven't had any of that. but i keep telling myself that every pregnancy is different and i just might not have them this time. this is only our first month TTC, but we were blessed with DD after just one month the first time. my instincts seem to be telling me that it's not going to be quite that easy this time. i'm trying to decide if we're not, if i should start charting next cycle or just give it a little time first.

kate
(waiting to find out)

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
Old 10-13-2005, 10:22 AM

:LOL :LOL lexbeach....maybe I need to scan by rear for a butt zit. Good luck!!!!!

Pandora, so sorry, mama. Big hugs.

1sttimemommytolore-oh, good luck and welcome!

I am officially 1 dpo. It will be along 2 ww.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 10-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Banned

thanks everyone for the well wishes. Waiting to O here

We'll be getting right back in the saddle this cycle. I'm thinking that there was an ingredient in the batter that didn't sit right and it wouldn't bake properly. Stuff like that happens alot I guess..but the cycle after is supposed to be super fertile. I'm just not gonna chart, not gonna obsesss, just gonna spend some quality time with my husband and see what happens I guess.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
thanks everyone for the well wishes. Waiting to O here

We'll be getting right back in the saddle this cycle. I'm thinking that there was an ingredient in the batter that didn't sit right and it wouldn't bake properly. Stuff like that happens alot I guess..but the cycle after is supposed to be super fertile. I'm just not gonna chart, not gonna obsesss, just gonna spend some quality time with my husband and see what happens I guess.
That sounds perfect! Good for you, mama.

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

Old 10-13-2005, 11:36 AM

I'm beginning to feel a lot like I felt right around this time when pg with ds. My back hurts, it hurts to nurse (well, I didn't feel that, but I had pretty bad breast pain with ds), I'm tired, and I woke up STARVING today and having to pee in the worst way. But I'm making myself wait until at least tomorrow to poas.

With my luck, this is probably all in my head ...
Old 10-13-2005, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I just moved a bunch of people around on the list, but please let me know if I missed you or what. I've been a little ditzy this week. (As noted by the fact that I forgot to move MYSELF back to "waiting to O". )

Dh has been gone all week and at least will come home tomorrow night. I had forgotten how much I hated living as the M-F single mom. (We had to do this for a year and half before) By 7 pm I'm ready to grow fangs and bite people.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Banned

Mavournin: I feel your pain with being a M-F SIngle mom. Been there done that for 9 months and it SUCKED.

Of course I had prep time being a real single mom before that so it wasn't *so* bad. Still sucked though.

I totally get how you want to toss your kids out the window when Friday rolls around and not do *ANYTHING* for the whole weekend.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:50 PM

Well dh and I have been soooo we've only gotten in the saddle once this week! Duh! If we want a baby we have to TRY - and I should be o'ing anytime now and through the weekend. I may have to break out the bribes

and s to everyone
Old 10-13-2005, 01:08 PM

So sorry about the news, Pandora
You're right about the cycle after a m/c being extra-fertile : for you
Old 10-13-2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
Lisa I hope you enjoy the recipe, and ohh two days late? That's exciting Okay I am impressed by you holding back on constant testing, haha!

Well BFN... Af is scheduled for today but i don't feel pre-af.... I am guessing the higher dose of pro. cream is postponing her... I'll probably wait till saturday to test again...

Thanx everyone for the positive vibes!!!!
Thanks mama! Sorry about your BFN .
Old 10-13-2005, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavournin
Dh has been gone all week and at least will come home tomorrow night. ... By 7 pm I'm ready to grow fangs and bite people.
mine gets home tonight. last night was rough on db, so on me, too ... we don't make it until 7pm these days, but my son has a regularly scheduled 5:45pm meltdown where he trashes the place. i'm blaming it on his molars popping through, but man sometimes i think i won't make it. then i think: and i want another one of these? then he snuggles me and i'm all about babies all over again.

jenn - sorry about the bfn today, but you know i've still got my : for you!

hannahmom - i know what you mean ... this past cycle i think i must have had to jump start us every time. at one point, i told dh that if we got started that minute, we could be done in 10 minutes, so he could still be asleep by 9:30pm! :LOL good luck to you!

henrysmama - oooh ... :

pandy - good luck to you! you warm my heart with the getting back into the saddle 'tude. i wish i'd done that way back when, rather than waiting.

1sttimemummytolore -

lisap - have you still not tested yet? how is it possible for you to have so much extra will power, and for me to have absolutely none?

cd20, 8dpo - still starving. still eating pineapple. didn't make the fondue, but i ate some chocolate with it, so that's basically fondue in my tummy. still crampy - what's up with that? (very low down in my abdomen, off and on since tuesday morning - and a little in my back.) for some reason, though, i woke up sad ... like all the pg hopefulness i've had for the past week was gone. i think it's related to finding out someone i know is probably pregnant and doesn't want to be ... i just can't deal with it. i know it's very hard on her, but all i can think of is how unfair it is that she desperately does NOT want to pg, and probably is. and i desperately have wanted to BE pg for a year now, and am not. ugh. anyway, i'm going to go ride my exercise bike now, take a shower, and hopefully snap out of this soon.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Fay

I had a m/c on Monday. I was barely at 5 weeks gestation. My OB recommended that I wait until I get a regular cycle (up to 8 weeks) before trying again. So I belong in the "waiting to be ready" list now.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
Old 10-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Banned

Fay, Dont wait, I'm not. To heck with that it's just so the OB can Date the pregnancy accurately. do what your heart sais not what your Dr sais. Remember your body is the most fertile after a MC.

*Points to my post about me continuing on dr's/mw's be damned*
Old 10-13-2005, 04:04 PM

fay - i'm so sorry for your loss. i agree with pandy ... do what you think is right for you. i had a m/c last november, and my gut was saying to get right back in there ... but my dh wanted us to do things by the doc/mw book and wait a couple of cycles, so we waited. i think if i had been in a different frame of mind, i would have wanted to wait. however, even though i didn't want to, i listened to my dh & docs and waited and now i really wish i hadn't. my mw's argument was that people need a few months to come to terms with the loss emotionally, even if the body is ready ... but i had at the least accepted my loss at the time and didn't feel like waiting to ttc would help the mourning process for me. also, shortly thereafter i found out another friend of mine who m/c'd had gotten pg her next cycle but didn't even realize it. anyway, as usual, i'm rambling on ... to you. trust your instincts.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Fay...

I'm so sorry.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:24 PM

Fay, I am *so* sorry mama. ((((hugs)))) how are you feeling?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 10-13-2005, 05:30 PM

Fay
Whatever you decide about when to start trying again, here's to a lucky first try!
Pandora, too. I didn't know that about fertility in people, but I've always heard that about other animals (I grew up on a ranch).
I've got my : for luckymama, jenn, lisap, henry's momma, kate, midwest mom, lexbeach and my toes crossed for anyone I forgot
hannahmom we're in the same boat, I had full ferning today so I'm on my way to wake dh up from his nap Here I go!
:
Old 10-13-2005, 05:52 PM

Pandora: I'm sorry for your loss; its never easy. It seems to be true that the next cycle after a m/c is very fertile. I seemed to be with loads of stretchy ew. But we couldn't ttc that month as I was spotting the entire month as I still had some tissue left from the m/c. The following af had some black blood on the first day. Had I had enough foresight at the time, I should have used some black cohash to help the uterus contract and expel everything.

Now that I'm on the second cycle post m/c my hormones seem to be totally wacked. No bfp, no af, just cramps. Maybe its because I stopped vitex after O. Won't do that again! :

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
Old 10-13-2005, 06:48 PM

Wow.. I have a lot to catch up on!

Pandora and Fay I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:59 PM

I hadn't been keeping up with the thread since DH and I are skipping *another* month...Pandora and Fay, , I'm so very sorry for your losses.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Fay-I'm so sorry!
I hope you find comfort and support on this thread as you wait to be ready again!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:37 PM

Pandora and Fay- To both of you. One positive thing, is that you have all of us here at MDC to be here and support you!!!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 10-13-2005, 07:56 PM

I'm sorry, Fay.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 PM

So sorry Fay.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:05 PM

Fay, so sorry .

As for me, I just don't feel it this month. I have some wicked cramps and I know AF is gonna be here any minute. Maybe I should test tonigt if nothing happens this afternoon.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:07 AM

Oh Fay I am so sorry.... Take all the time you need, you'll know when the time is right!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 AM

So i took a test tonight and

it was a BFP!!! I had to share with my fellow TTC Mamas!

User Tag List