The Graduate Thread

Please PM me if you'd like to be moved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2005, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whoopee! I'm back from vacation and happy to see all the new BFPs!!!

Congratulations Pandora and TryingMommas! Though Pandora, I have to say that I had a feeling about you!

My vacation went like this... looong drive (up to Canada), fun, BFN, swatting mosquitoes in the unseasonable heat, more fun, BFN, spotting, looong drive home, cramping.
: I'm really hoping these are implantation spots/cramps. But who am I kidding?

Please PM me with any additions/deletions/alterations. But I will probably not be around much on Sunday. I will get to you though.

Gillian
Old 10-09-2005, 09:58 AM

Ok. It isn't really FF's fault that my cycle is so wacky, but did they have to change my ovulation date ahead 3 days? I was 8 dpo, now I'm only 5 dpo. I was thinking that maybe I was going triphasic. Chart stalkers ... do you think I O'ed on cd21 or cd24?

This is driving me mad! Although I have to admit, if I conceived with the later O date, my chances for a girl are improved.

BTW, nice chart Mavourin.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:33 AM

Henry's_Mamma: It definitely looks like you o'd on cd21 to me. Aside from your temps, the o pain and cramps line up for that day too. I don't know what FF is thinking!

I'm cd 20 today, 1 or 2 dpo. Feeling extremely emotional. We had a newborn foster baby for four days last week, and he moved on to another family on Friday night. Not sure if my hormones are to blame for my current state or if it's just the loss of the baby. . . Last time when I was pg, I started feeling symptoms at 3 dpo, BUT I was having twins and had a lot of extra hormone (hcg was 405 at 14dpo). So I keep having to remind myself that even if I am pregnant, I probably won't FEEL it right away like I did last time.

Is there anything you can eat to help with implantation?

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Banned

:

Till I walk thru that midwive's office door, I'm not believing it lol
Old 10-09-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
Is there anything you can eat to help with implantation?
We were talking about pineapple a lot around here a few weeks ago - apparently fresh pineapple has an enzyme, bromelain, that can help implantation. I ate a half a pineapple a day, days 5-8 dpo! Don't know if it helped but it was yummy!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 10-09-2005, 12:27 PM

Henry's_Mamma I agree with Lex, it looks like you O'd on CD21, but I am not that experienced so don't take my word for it!

Lexbeach....what gorgeous twin boys!!

Pandora

I'm on CD13 here. No fertile CM yet. My temps are getting lower and I think my cervix is starting to move up. I was doing saliva ferning and was getting partial ferning, but yesterday I left the lens off the little microscope and it fell off the table and the cats batted it somewhere I can't find . Bad cats.

I wish I knew what my regular cycle was like. I was on the pill for 6 years and before that I was a teenager and didn't pay any attention.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 PM

PrettyBird- If you were getting partial ferning, O's probably not too far away. Like within a few days!

Lexbeach- Welcome and good luck on catching your first try again!

Chrissy- I don't normally have problems with blood sugar, I'm thinking ds was destined to be a huge baby. My older brother is 6'6" and my younger brother is 6'2" and still growing. I'm 5'10" but that isn't short either... DS has been way off the charts ever since birth, so I think it's just him! Next time I'm going to relax about what I eat because although it's important to watch what you eat it's also impossible to control everything (did I mention I really really like food, especially sweet food :LOL )
Old 10-09-2005, 01:51 PM

I dont chart my temps. i have some OPK's. im on CD6. when should i start using them? last month, my cycle was 34 days. it was my first month off BCP. i was thinking of using them starting CD11, but i only have 6.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:57 PM

Yeah Morgansmom, I thought that about the partial ferning....too bad I can't see what it is today.

A CM question (probably a little TMI but what the heck): I haven't noticed any CM since AF except for a little white, sticky fluid, but I had to reach inside. The past couple of days I've had the "wet" or "lube" sensation, but no visible CM. This morning I had to reach inside and pulled out a little bit of clear stretchy CM. I mean a LITTLE bit..probably smaller than a pea. But it was definitely clear and stretchy. Is this eggwhite? Or should I still mark sticky/dry?

I am doing all of the "natural" things to increase CM....grapefruit juice, EPO, baby carrots, green tea...but they don't seem to be doing anything. I've been drinking decaf coffee, could that be making it worse?
Old 10-09-2005, 02:04 PM

mavourin - welcome back & thanx for the fabulous new thread!

lexbeach -

henrysmama - it looks to me, too, like you O'd on cd21. if you discard the temp on cd15, does ff change its mind again? if it were me, i'd probably be thinking i was 8 dpo.

prettybird - i'd call it ewcm, if it were me - and i'd consider myself fertile. i find that the difference between sticky and ewcm for me can be lots some cycles or just a little in others.

4 dpo for me ... gonna pick up a pineapple on my way home from dropping dh off at the airport. just me and the kid this week ... so not even a dh to distract me from my obsessing.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:00 PM

Bundle Fish, Bromelain seemed to really help with me during IVF cycles (got pregnant 2 out of 4 times total and all with bromelain and progesterone supplementation). I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! I am going to buy my pineapple today too (just ovulated this past day or so).

Have a healthy pregnancy and birth!

Can I be added to the "waiting to Know" list? Thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 03:29 PM

hmm, very interesting about the bromelain! I wonder if it works because its anti-inflamatory if its taken, or eaten, without other food. If this is not my month, I'm getting some next time!

Mavournin: can you move me to waiting to know? I'm 10 dpo and going out of my mind. Had a bfn today, but nauseaus all week. Thank you!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
Old 10-09-2005, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Mavournin. Welcome back! Sorry to hear you haven't gotten your bfp yet. : that the spotting isn't af.

mimi!~ : 10dpo is really early for a bfp.

Welcome Juleskatbellesmom!

luckymama~ Don't feel sad, there is plenty of obsessing taking place around these parts. And maybe you'll have a little surprise for your dh when he returns home...

PrettyBird~ I would consider it ewcm. Last night I found a little, so I know I'm gearing up to O.

HotMama1221~ Well, it depends how long your LP is. If it's 13-14 days, then you O around cd 20ish. I'd start using the OPKs on cd16 or 17. However, just coming off the pill may make your cycles irregular. In that case, if I were going to use OPKs, I'd get a whole bunch and do them everyday starting from cd11 or so.

BundleFishMama~ Thanks for the hint about the fresh pineapple. I have a bottle of Bromelain tablets, but I may just use the fresh stuff this cycle.

Henry's_Mamma~ I say you O'd on cd21 too.

Cd12 here, temps are getting lower, and I'll likely O within the week. (Probably closer to the full moon on the 17th.) I'm feeling excited and lucky this time around!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Old 10-09-2005, 03:55 PM

subscribing...

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 10-09-2005, 05:24 PM

At least I know I'm not totally off my rocker. I'm having weird cramps today, and am a bit moody, so now I'm wondering if af isn't around the corner. : I'm making myself wait until at least 10 dpo to test from cd21 (and to 12 dpo if I can wait that long :LOL) if she hasn't shown up by then.

So ... any test buddies testing towards the middle or the end of this week?
Old 10-09-2005, 05:34 PM

ok, so i order some more OPK's. ill have 11 total. now i want to USE THEM.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Hi Everyone!

Well technically I am not supposed to be TTC until my next cycle, but I think we may have botched things. I mis-read my chart and thought we would be ok to GIO but then when I double checked it later...oops. That and dh and I both have the same feeling that we may have a new little someone setting up camp. Not quite the timing we were hoping for, but I guess if I am pg a month doesn't make too much of a difference, right?

Oh, btw, I changed my name from mama2toddles in case you are wondering where I came from. And I suppose I can be moved to waiting to know. Yikes!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:26 PM

I'll be testing on Thursday if I can hold out until then! Wanna test together?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Hey Lex welcome and I wanted to let you know my DD was on my lap when I checked out your photo book and she said "pretty babies" and began kissing their pics on the screen! She's never done that before, she must have found them real cute

What a beautiful family!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:49 PM

where is everyone today?!?!?!

hi paisley!

slingwearinmama - : for you this week!

i'm here and obsessing all by my lonesome? 5 dpo ... woke up with that mega-starving must eat now or pass out feeling at around 2am, and got myself all excited ... so excited that i took my temp an hour earlier than usual and got a big temp dip ... got worried about that so i took my temp at the normal time, which turned out to be a little dip. so ... who knows? too early. time will tell. etc. etc. etc. i keep checking back with ff to see if my chart has changed ... which, suprisingly (NOT) it has not. :LOL oh - i did pick up a pineapple, and ds wants it with chicken tonight.

i hope you are all well.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:58 PM

I'm here but I'm supposed to be cleaning, so shhhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymama
i keep checking back with ff to see if my chart has changed ... which, suprisingly (NOT) it has not. :LOL
I keep doing the same thing! Worst part is I start to feel bummed when I see that there is no new info from 3 hours ago. I mean, what do I expect? :LOL
Old 10-10-2005, 07:30 PM

Congratulations to all of the BFP mamas! AF is scheduled for tomorrow so I'm waiting. I don't have a very good feeling this month, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Godd luck everyone!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:09 PM

Hi all . Hope everyone is having a good day, it seems like a busy Monday for sure.

luckymama~ Good luck w/ that pineapple. What are you going to make, Hawaiian Chicken? Yum.

paisley~ Good luck cleaning, I need to get down to work, too. :

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Luckymama...your chart looks awesome! Good timing! I wouldn't worry about the dip...still way above coverline.

Paisley- Welcome! I know what you mean about checking your chart...I look at mine a zillion times a day it seems like.

SlingWearin'Mama- : for this week!

CD 14 here...I hope I'm close to O.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:06 PM

Yeah I was wondering where everyone was too, but I didn't want to seem too desperate by posting a third message in a row, haha!

Lucky- Thank you! and you are certainly not alone, I was refreshing every half hour or so and bummed I was alone! haha!

Paisley- Okay I am so jealous of your fun new name! And cleaning shmeaning!

LisaP- I've got mine here crossed for ya too. Hopefully it's the month you dont expect it!

Prettybird- thanx i must say the spike has me super excited, but i did have a slight sore throat this morning Hope you O soon!

We'll see if I can hold of testing until wednesday or thursday.. If I have a high temp again tomorrow and less sick feeling I am sure I'll cave.. Plus what's the point of owning 50 tests if you aren't going to use them right? Haha

Come on chatty Cathy's come out and play!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:18 PM

EPAK (eating pineapple at keyboard)

I'm here at 2 or 3 dpo and feeling very pregnant indeed. Alas, I'm pretty sure it's just the beginning of the bug that my kids and wife have. I don't think it's possible to feel nausea THIS early into a pregnancy!

I am driving everyone crazy with all of my "pregnancy symptoms," the most promising of which so far seems to be an excess in ear wax, LOL (seems totally random, but I swear this happened to me last time I was pregnant!). Hard to believe my ears could be that in tune with my uterus, though. . .

This is only the second time in my life that I've had the possibility of being pregnant (and last time I WAS), so I guess it makes sense that I'm extra super obsessive about every little twinge I feel.

I am hoping for all of those who are getting close to testing and close to o'ing. I'm thinking the soonest I can reasonably test is next Tuesday. But if I'm not feeling it then I'll probably wait a few days longer.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:28 PM

SlingWearin'Mama - Lol...I have about 10-12 tests (a bunch of internet cheapies and three brand-name tests). I know I am going to cave early this cycle. At least I don't have to feel bad about wasting a $0.50 test. I do HATE seeing BFP's though (that's the only thing I've EVER seen lol).
Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 PM

yay!!! you're all here!!!

slingwearinmama - :LOL i hear ya! sometimes i think i must be the queen of testing way too early ... but when you've got a stash, what else are you going to do with them? right now, i'm trying to figure out what to do with my stash of contraceptive sponges that are set to expire in a few months ... because i can't see needing them. i'm hoping to have a stash of HPTs someday soon to unload, as well.

lexbeach - EPAK, too!!! i know what you mean about going nuts with the pg signs ...

meggles, i don't know about the hawaiian chicken dish now, since i don't think this pineapple is going to last until dinner. :LOL

prettybird - thanx for the reassurance! good luck heading into the O.

paisley - what's this "cleaning" of which you speak?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:10 PM

I got impatient and decided to ttc again this cycle
I feel so good and I'm hoping my body is fertile again. I get my thyroid checked the end of next week which is when I'll know if I'm pg. : and that's good timing because if I am pg then my tsh #s will jump and I'll need a higher dose. I think I am about 2 dpo...I'm not charting so that is a rough estimate. I am going to try to wait until next Friday to test but if I get strong symptoms I'll give in earlier next week.

Welcome Lex! It looks like we'll be testing buddies this cycle! Anyone else?

User Tag List